Anra7777

ANSWERED:Breeding And Growing Questions

Hello, I am a brand new player and I have two questions. After pouring over the FAQs, there are two points I am still confused/uncertain about. First, am I correct in thinking that an egg can only hatch and a hatchling can only mature safely once the countdown is fewer than 4 days? I just want to make sure that that is correct, as I’ve been hiding my eggs/hatchlings when they seem about to hatch/mature and the timer isn’t at 4 days, but that is rather annoying.

My second question is: the FAQ seems to suggest that you can only breed your dragons with your own dragons. Is that correct? Since dragons will always take after one of his/her parents, what advantage is there to breeding your dragons? Won’t you just simply get a repeat of one of the species you already have? Or am I missing something here?

Dragons cannot hatch, or hatchlings grow up, until their counter is at 4 days or less. There is no need to fog them to keep them from doing it. As long as your creature is not getting views at a rate that makes it sick there is no danger.

You are correct that you can only breed with your own dragons. And except for a few hybrid breeds, the offspring will always be the breed of one of its parents. There are lots of reasons to breed dragons, though. It all depends on your play style. If you are only out to collect one of each sprite then you may not be interested in breeding. But for many of us this is more than just a collecting game. We like to build lineages that make pretty patterns or breed to share eggs with others. Take some time to browse through the Breeding forum to see some of the things that people are doing.

You can also get new eggs to trade with other people. They may have a breed you don't and if you have magis you can breed a rare-ish egg, then put it up for trade and get offers for breeds you want.

Sometimes when you've been playing this game for a long time, simply collecting dragons gets kind of boring (or maybe you've collected all you want), and that's where breeding can be awesome. As purplehaze mentioned, many people like creating pretty lineages by breeding their dragons in certain specific ways (this thread gives links to some nice examples of different types of lineages people make). Also, it can be fun to breed your dragons and then abandon the resulting eggs, which puts them out there for other people to take and raise (some people specifically breed a lot of their dragons to abandon the eggs for other people).