jostensminyard

Original vampire

They dropped in the Cave for Halloween in 2008.  So there are many.  You can mostly tell if they don't have a "bitten by" listed.  but there are a few from there re-release in 2010 that were created before this change.  Making them look like orignal CB's so the only sure way is to check the date. 

Example of "fake" orignal

https://dragcave.net/view/1UdD 

Edited by DragonLady86
added more info

On 6/15/2018 at 6:32 AM, DragonLady86 said:

They dropped in the Cave for Halloween in 2008.  So there are many.  You can mostly tell if they don't have a "bitten by" listed.  but there are a few from there re-release in 2010 that were created before this change.  Making them look like orignal CB's so the only sure way is to check the date. 

Example of "fake" orignal

https://dragcave.net/view/1UdD 

Hmmm. So do '09 CBs count? I've been calling mine "Cave" vampires, since they have no "bitten by", are CB, and have Cave as location. Didn't know year had any importance, since these three statistics remain the same & the only thing I saw requested in relation was "bitten by a CB vamp". Want to be accurate when trading or gifting. Edit: I guess the logical answer is to just call it '09 Cave or '10 Cave. Here's that awkward '09 middle-ground.

Edited by 13310

I would not consider the '09s originals. They simply never had the 'bitten by' information recorded and all CB dragons at that time were from the "cave". So, they could appear to be originals if you don't look at the date, but they are truly different because they did not drop from the cave as Vampire eggs as the ones from the original release did.

Edited by purplehaze

Good to know. I'll drop off their creepy-but-adorable babies to the AP or gift them, then.

Ah, excuse me then, didn't realize there were even older ones than mine.  :)  Only the Oct 31 2008 stolen date count as originals.

True. But I don't see any reason to consider them more special than any other vampire, as it's pretty much impossible to display their bitten lineage or anything. Same with "original" CB holidays or "original" CB tinsels from the tree decorating contest.