HeatherMarie

ANSWERED:Can anything be done about cave not generating eggs at hour?

@TJ09? This is a long-standing issue that people have complained about many, many times (including during very limited holiday releases). It's not a *huge* deal but it is very very annoying, and something that certainly shouldn't be happening. There were no new eggs generated at the 5pm drop, which means that there are no eggs in any of the biomes for the entire hour. It's not a huge deal to someone like me who literally spends all day on DC, but again it is annoying, and for people with very limited internet time I imagine it's probably a much bigger deal. I've posted about the issue before, as have many others, but it still continues to happen. 

This looks like it might be a different problem?  I was watching the biomes in the run-up to this hour and it looked to me like there was a problem with the 5 min shuffles.  And just now, I checked the biomes just after the top of the hour and there were eggs, but the biomes were almost empty.  :unsure:

2 minutes ago, Amazon_warrior said:

This looks like it might be a different problem?  I was watching the biomes in the run-up to this hour and it looked to me like there was a problem with the 5 min shuffles.  And just now, I checked the biomes just after the top of the hour and there were eggs, but the biomes were almost empty.  :unsure:

It's possible it's a different problem this time... I know the 'hour-drop' doesn't usually happen until at least 30-second after the clock clicks over to :00, so when I still saw eggs for a minute and then there was nothing I assumed it was just that. 

The no-eggs-generated is still an issue, though, even if this hour happens to be something different.

4 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

It's possible it's a different problem this time... I know the 'hour-drop' doesn't usually happen until at least 30-second after the clock clicks over to :00, so when I still saw eggs for a minute and then there was nothing I assumed it was just that. 

I realised it was something odd 'cos I was code-hunting, it was a few mins past the top of the hour, and yet I was sure I was seeing eggs that I'd seen in the run-up to the hour.

4 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

The no-eggs-generated is still an issue, though, even if this hour happens to be something different.

No argument here!  It's deeply annoying - and even more so when it happens during a holiday release.

1 minute ago, jostensminyard said:

How come the biomes are empty, to begin with ?

A mass of eggs is generated at the top of each hour and spread out through the 5-minute drops throughout the hour. For some reason sometimes that mass at the top of the hour just doesn't happen, which means that there are no eggs to be spread out for that whole hour. It usually corrects itself with the next hour-drop, but it's very annoying to have a full hour with no biome eggs.

Just now, HeatherMarie said:

A mass of eggs is generated at the top of each hour and spread out through the 5-minute drops throughout the hour. For some reason sometimes that mass at the top of the hour just doesn't happen, which means that there are no eggs to be spread out for that whole hour. It usually corrects itself with the next hour-drop, but it's very annoying to have a full hour with no biome eggs.

Thank you for the answer ! And I see, I understand why some find it annoying given that it’s during an hour. 

45 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

@TJ09? This is a long-standing issue that people have complained about many, many times (including during very limited holiday releases). It's not a *huge* deal but it is very very annoying, and something that certainly shouldn't be happening. There were no new eggs generated at the 5pm drop, which means that there are no eggs in any of the biomes for the entire hour. It's not a huge deal to someone like me who literally spends all day on DC, but again it is annoying, and for people with very limited internet time I imagine it's probably a much bigger deal. I've posted about the issue before, as have many others, but it still continues to happen. 

I have data showing that this is indeed not a "long-standing issue."

This particular instance was caused by an update gone bad.

9 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

I have data showing that this is indeed not a "long-standing issue."

This particular instance was caused by an update gone bad.

It happened a few months ago, as shown here: 

It also happened during the Halloween drop, there were a lot of posts about that in the Halloween News thread. I can spend some time searching the forums for other instances lately, if you want. I'm not saying it's a frequent issue, but it is an issue that has happened multiple times before.

Seen it three times this WEEK, actually.

Here is a link to some of the posts about this happening during the Halloween drop:

I'm not trying to be argumentative or anything, maybe 'long-standing issue' isn't the right way to put it, but no eggs being generated at the hour *does* happen every so often, and from what I've seen we've never gotten explanations for it. 

edit: Happened in November too apparently:

Edited by HeatherMarie

It happened on the 2nd of june too (I believe 7-8pm, to be exact), which I even poked at "Tiny Little Quetions" at the time wondering if it was just a biome-fail again.

The eggs are only lasting for a time. The Volcano is empty as if there were only a small number of eggs generated for each biome and once all are taken then it's done.

2 minutes ago, Whirlaway said:

The eggs are only lasting for a time. The Volcano is empty as if there were only a small number of eggs generated for each biome and once all are taken then it's done.

Yeah, I just checked at :39 and no eggs at all showed up in the Volcano at :40.

And to the point of this happening before, I too have seen many instances where there is a missed hour drop. It does happen.

March last year:

September last year:

Again, not trying to be argumentative, simply trying to show a record that this *does* happen, way more then once. As for as TJ's data not showing it being a long-standing issue, I have no clue what his data shows or records but maybe it just doesn't record the non-drops, or shows drops when there was none... Whatever is going on, I'm pretty certain that not everyone here is lying or hallucinating, so.... *shrugs*

Edited by HeatherMarie

14 minutes ago, Nandeenah said:

The eggs are back now but aren't changing. It's the same eggs (codes) every 5 minutes

Yup, I'm seeing the exact same egg in the Jungle (same code) at :16 that was there at :11. 

edit: In case the info helps TJ, the same 'rough shell' egg, code T6eJc, has been in the Jungle since :11, it is now :26. 

Edited by HeatherMarie

Well to be fair about THAT, if no-one picks anything up, that IS what happens....

But it's still there at .32 and so are the other two which are just sitting in there.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

29 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Well to be fair about THAT, if no-one picks anything up, that IS what happens....

It shouldn't, not for that long, because the 5-minute shuffle should shuffle it out. The egg I mentioned has now sat there in the exact same spot for four 5-minute shuffles, which shouldn't happen.

edit: I wasn't in the biomes for the exact changeover to :00 this time, but at :01 there is only one egg in the Volcano, which is definitely not normal. 

Edited by HeatherMarie

Four minutes after the hourly drop, and the volcano is empty.