Shadowdrake

Breed page remake (+mate maintenance page?)

Yeah, Fuzz, during the last few holidays, my *most recent previous mates* weren't at the top, only the long past mates were. Most had nothing at the top, even if I've bred them before!

I also now tend to pick a mate and keep it--if I've named them to compliment each other.

I had to scroll scroll scroll scroll to find the newest past mates, and it was time consuming when I had the ap to hunt and things to decorate! (For Vals I just didn't have the time)

I didn't end up breeding everything I have (for the last holidays) because I got impatient.

26 minutes ago, Uther_Pendragon said:

I had to scroll scroll scroll scroll to find the newest past mates

Not saying the system doesn't need improved, but as a workaround you should be able to look at the progeny page to see which mates you have used.

To breed them? Is that a shortcut?

Example: 2g val '09 x idk let's say Thunder since it's way down the choice list.

I'd check the Val's past mates first under the progeny page, to make certain I'll choose the correct one, and then click back to the Val dragon.    
Then I go to actions page and choose breed. And then scroll and scroll to find its 'usual' mate.

Pls tell me there's a faster way?

I'm saying that if I bred those two together last year, it didn't show up at top of page as previous mate this year, but if they were bred together for the last *two* years, it did, but not on every one of my dergs. 

(This happened 2019 Hall, Xmas and this yr Val)

"Find in page" or CTRL + F (or whatever pulls up search on whatever device you're using) -> type mate's name, or code if unnamed.

You still have to check the progeny page to see which mate you want. It's clunky but it's quicker than scrolling.

If you only breed during the holiday, they don't jump to the top of the breeding page. So you could always breed them outside the holiday season to move the desired mate up the list, although if you don't use Fertility there's a chance they will refuse. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if they refuse, I believe they can still breed during the correct holiday season, but you'll never be able to get the mate to the top of the list. (Another reason being able to customize the breeding list would be SO helpful.)

Fully support some type of breeding page revamp. Definitely hoping for a "mate removal" type of capability, most likely to sort of "bump" the removed dragon back down to normal sort as if they hadn't bred before would be awesome. I liked the similar to fertility suggestion, though I agree it is a pain not being able to see lineage in that way. I personally am not a fan much of the pagination idea personally since dealing with pages on mobile already is a pain. 

For the Remove dragons from breeding pool suggestion, could always have a reset button at the top of the page similar to the sort options. 

I'd like to add my support to this. The lag is terrible when breeding on mobile and I've had a few misbreeds because of it, despite being very careful most of the time.

On 6/8/2018 at 5:26 AM, Shadowdrake said:

-- useless if you don't use groups

I wouldn't really see that as a con. If you don't use it, it just has no effect on you.

On 3/1/2020 at 10:28 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

How could that possibly work ? How often are you going to want to breed one dragon to the SAME mate ? (Am I missing something ?)

Every time someone asks for a sibling of that offspring they saw somewhere ...

Generally, I'd love the filtering by group or whatever other aspect of a dragon (under the condition that lineages can still be clicked from the result page!) as well as a "forget previous mates" function. It's not only about mishaps that need correction, it's also about one-time breeding requests of someone who wanted an egg from 2 dragons I'd otherwise *never* have bred together. Being nice to someone shouldn't be punished by having that one-time mate near the top all the time.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I would love to be able to... pin, I suppose, mates I want a particular dragon to have so the "pinned" mate appears at the top of the list, regardless of what other dragons you've bred it with recently. I know it sorta does this, but if yo accidentally breed it to the wrong dragon, that wrong dragon is now at the top of your list. Being able to have it show only certain groups would be a great one. Honestly, I like all the ideas OP suggested. I feel the breeding page could be improved quite a bit. 

On 5/12/2020 at 6:40 AM, Ruby Eyes said:

Generally, I'd love the filtering by group or whatever other aspect of a dragon (under the condition that lineages can still be clicked from the result page!) as well as a "forget previous mates" function. It's not only about mishaps that need correction, it's also about one-time breeding requests of someone who wanted an egg from 2 dragons I'd otherwise *never* have bred together. Being nice to someone shouldn't be punished by having that one-time mate near the top all the time.

this. this this this! i rarely chime in on suggestions but i quite desperately want some sort of "forget previous mate(s)" function. i have multiple repetitive stress injuries/issues, which make it a literal pain to breed when i have to keep doing extra clicks to make sure i'm not repeating either a misbreed or, as ruby eyes mentions above, a pairing i bred for someone that i would never want to breed again. :3

Edited by miaou

Too tired to form a coherent paragraph on my opinion right now, but definitely support a revamp of the breeding page. It's a bit difficult to navigate right now, and I barely have 100 dragons as it stands.

Since this topic has been brought back, I want to say I think of this every time I breed. The current breeding page needs improvements heavily and at this point, I'd take ANY improvements.

Mostly I'd really love the ability to remove accidental / one-off previous mates from the top of the list because that will never stop being an issue.

Lately I'd also really love to be able to see breeding history for pairs or at least the last result because even if I write down they were no interest before, if I'm breeding in rush I always end up breeding the low interest pairs anyway and it's been more and more common lately.  Especially if I'm breeding from a phone which is impossibly hard on its own, checking another source is tough.

I don't know about a lot of the other suggestions here since I don't plan breedings a lot, but a search bar like how the group works would be really helpful. There are times I can't even locate the other dragons of the same type (I like purebred more) in my two thousand dragons and I honestly dont know how people with over ten thousand dragons stand that process

I definitely support some kind of revamp of the breeding page. Plus any ability to forget past mates, like what others have said about misbreedings, or one time breedings you wouldn't have done between two dragons normally. I have a lot of those I would like to boot back down off the top of the list for my dragons. alot

I agree that a remake of the breeding page is desperately needed.

At the moment, the mate list does not "remember" in-season holiday breedings, which I assume is related to the refusal-override mechanic. This is not a huge problem with most pairings, because breeding the pair out of season makes the mate appear first on the list. However, with Holiday x Holiday pairings, you need to search for the correct mate every single time. This means that I've reflex-clicked my CB Shimmer, who sits at the top of my scroll, when I actually intended to breed a Xmas x Valentine checker, and I'm sure I'm not the only one with similar regrets.

The features I'd like to see added are:

• ability to view mate list during breeding cooldown to check e.g. refusals and previously tried pairs that haven't produced offspring
  • ability to "unpin" a previously used mate from the top of the page to prevent further misbreedings
  • ability to pin preferred mates and alter the order of the list (e.g. when your dragon has a new preferred mate, but the old one still shows up first because they were bred together multiple times)
  • ability to filter mates based on e.g. groups or other features, like on the Fertility BSA page, where you can search for caveborns, certain breeds etc.
Edited by Aie