minkymy

My Encyclopedia Doesn't Reflect My Scroll

Hi everyone. I haven't been on the site in five years, and I came back because I missed it. Imagine how surprised I was by all the new things, like the moons, or the encyclopedia! But I noticed almost immediately that a lot of my older dragon breeds - in fact the vast majority of them - don't have any of their information down. The encyclopedia states that I've never had any black dragon eggs when my first dragon back in '08 was a black dragon, and other things like that. Will I have to get new dragons, or is that just my life now?

The encyclopedia does not count any dragons that you had before it was implemented as being "owned" by you. so the figures will never actually reflect what you have on your scroll.

The images and extra information can still be unlocked, though, by observing dragons -- either on your own scroll or on others' scrolls.

Edited by purplehaze

We do have this, which should help a lot.  Be aware though, that some things are harder than others...eg the 3 different terrae eggs, and the sitting and curled alt blacks.   Most of them don't take that long though.  

Edited by Imzadi

I'm so glad I'm not the only one experiencing this issue... Granted, I am really disappointed that the dragons already on our scrolls didn't count towards the encyclopedia.

It would've been a real grind on the server to go through all those thousands of previously owned dragons, I'm sure. Still, you can view your own dragons by clicking them from your scroll, that at least counts as views.

On 8/9/2018 at 9:03 PM, kyrthrix said:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one experiencing this issue... Granted, I am really disappointed that the dragons already on our scrolls didn't count towards the encyclopedia.

It was so people won't get THEIR work done for them, it would have been unfair that some players were given things ready on a silver plate because they had more dragons, while others not. You can still make groups for the breeds you own, the counter will show the true number. 

Exactly :)  My entire encyclopaedia would have been unlocked the minute it was invented - and let's be honest; an older player needs it less in many ways ! You can easiiy view all your own stuff.

7 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Exactly :)  My entire encyclopaedia would have been unlocked the minute it was invented - and let's be honest; an older player needs it less in many ways ! You can easiiy view all your own stuff.

Yup, same here! Actually, as an older player, suddenly having all these new things that need to be unlocked was an awesome new activity to do while waiting for dragons to grow!

I do wish that it was more obvious *what* you need to do to unlock Encyclopedia entries though. It's obviously misleading to say 'unlock by viewing this number or owning this number' when you can totally own that number and more but not have it unlocked because the dragons were around before the Encyclopedia was introduced. Not sure how that could be fixed, maybe something like 'own this number after (whatever date it was introduced)'?