Fuzzbucket

Actions on eggs in teleport

I can't see another thread specifically for this.

I bred for someone who has not been seen on the forum for several days. I have already had to take the egg out of teleport and incubate and hatch it, but now it keeps racking up views as a hatchie. I would love to be able to hide it, stun it, and even more, to have been able to ward it while it was still an egg without taking it out of teleport.

Why is it not possible to perform actions on things in teleport ? and please could it become possible ?

There are multiple different threads where this has been brought up (often regarding fogging things in teleport to prevent death-by-viewbombing) but I think this might be the first actual dedicated thread for it. Support, support, MUCH SUPPORT. It's so very very inconvenient to cancel teleports if you need to Ward, or Stun, or whatever, and then re-make them (and then re-send/re-post the link). And honestly, as long as our only defense against viewbombing is fogging, which is the way it is right now, we *need* to be able to fog at any time.

edit: (I don't consider Ward a 'defense against viewbombing' since it doesn't actually stop the dragon from gaining views the way that fogging does.)

Edited by HeatherMarie

I was hoping - at the point I would have liked to ward it - that the player would show up soon enough to make it worth it... Couldn't fog it and it was gaining views...

Yes, please. Influence, Ward, Stun ...

+1 support. This has been suggested so often, and been supported quite widely - and each and every time, the thread got buried in the now lost BSA section where nobody every looked.

Well, that and a couple of other things regarding teleport. But I'd be quite happy with that already.

Yea, I can get behind this. Using ward/stun on stuff in a trade would be easier if I didn't have to take it out of the trade first.

Yes, I would definitely like this, too. It would be especially useful for stunning dragons, since it's a hassle to have to recreate the teleports. and then go back and edit existing trade posts. 

On 6/6/2018 at 5:35 PM, Kaini said:

Yea, I can get behind this. Using ward/stun on stuff in a trade would be easier if I didn't have to take it out of the trade first.

Same for precog and even incubate and influence, not to mention hide/unhide. If eggs/hatchlings in teleports that are hidden still showed their lineage and a view page with the fog sprite (and breed description), this should work, shouldn't it?

Sorry not sorry for bumping this. But I'd really like to see this thing come to be - performing actions (breed-specific or not) on stuff in teleports.

Yes, please. I've often had growing things in teleport that I'd wanted to fog or incubate and I couldn't. I think having this would relieve a lot of trading concerns.

Oh heck yeah do I support this, don't think any explanation needs to be given!

Edited by RealWilliamShakespeare

Yes, please! Would make life so much easier when you end up having to keep an egg in teleport for an extended time -- either trading or gifting!