Syiren

Pokemon: Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee

Finally. After skipping out on catching a shiny Psyduck (don't like Psyduck all that much) the game finally gave me a Shiny Ponyta. The one thing I've been actively hunting for.

But did you guys know Let's Go Psyduck was the first thing they thought of to be released alongside Pikachu before they thought of Eevee? I guess the saving grace was they didn't want to have two yellow Pokemon released alongside each other.

I would so much prefer a Let's Go Psyduck over Pikachu and Eevee. I don't like Pikachu and Eevee is ok, but a partner Psyduck would be awesome!

1 hour ago, KrazyKarp said:

I would so much prefer a Let's Go Psyduck over Pikachu and Eevee. I don't like Pikachu and Eevee is ok, but a partner Psyduck would be awesome!

I mean, if Pikachu wasn't the mascot, I'd be okay with Psyduck being a partner game to be released alongside Eevee

Well, after trying the catch combo shiny hunt method for myself, I have discovered the magic number is 38. I know guides and vids say its 31 max, but I like to think keeping it going helps a little. both times my combo was 38. I was hunting for a ponyta at first and then gave it up after three days and went to the forest. Boom. ten minutes later Shiny Caterpie. That was a week ago.

Fast forward to today and I hunted there for 2-3 hours in my Pikachu game this time (Caterpie was in LG Eevee) and with a combo of 38 I got a shiny Oddish. That also keeps my combo active so I can still hunt for more! I'm hoping for a Bulbasaur or a Weedle because I love shiny Beedrill and the entire Bulbasaur family.

I caught two shiny ponytas(one of which I evolved into Rapidash), a shiny raticate, and a shiny golbat. The first two I spent several hours to catch, and the latter two I wasn't looking for at all. I didn't even have a catch combo when the golbat popped up so that was quite surprising. 

I want a shiny eevee, a shiny lapras and maybe a shiny charizard, but those aren't common pokemon so I keep putting it off.

14 hours ago, SkyWolf25 said:

I caught two shiny ponytas(one of which I evolved into Rapidash), a shiny raticate, and a shiny golbat. The first two I spent several hours to catch, and the latter two I wasn't looking for at all. I didn't even have a catch combo when the golbat popped up so that was quite surprising. 

I want a shiny eevee, a shiny lapras and maybe a shiny charizard, but those aren't common pokemon so I keep putting it off.

The good news about the catch combos is you don't have to have a combo of the pokemon you're hunting. I got my shiny Caterpie with a 38 ponyta combo. I'm not sure where all the locations where Charizard can be found. But I know one place is on the route to the left of Celedon City headed south to Fuchsia. (formally the bike path) 

4 hours ago, Syiren said:

The good news about the catch combos is you don't have to have a combo of the pokemon you're hunting. I got my shiny Caterpie with a 38 ponyta combo. I'm not sure where all the locations where Charizard can be found. But I know one place is on the route to the left of Celedon City headed south to Fuchsia. (formally the bike path) 

There is a Rare Spawn list. You can even find the legendary birds out in the wild as well.

12 hours ago, Syiren said:

True, but (at least when you're using Lures) the pokemon you're combo-ing spawns a lot more often, which makes hunting easier. It doesn't matter much for rare spawns because they can only spawn one at a time afaik, but it's handy for non-rares.

I managed to get a white eevee, but I wanted a boy so I'm trying for another one. They take so long to spawn ;_;

7 hours ago, SkyWolf25 said:

True, but (at least when you're using Lures) the pokemon you're combo-ing spawns a lot more often, which makes hunting easier. It doesn't matter much for rare spawns because they can only spawn one at a time afaik, but it's handy for non-rares.

I managed to get a white eevee, but I wanted a boy so I'm trying for another one. They take so long to spawn ;_;

If Nintendo wasn't charging us money in order to trade Pokemon, I would have definitely offered my White Eevee if you had caught that female one

8 hours ago, Dalek Raptor said:

If Nintendo wasn't charging us money in order to trade Pokemon, I would have definitely offered my White Eevee if you had caught that female one

Yeah. I have to farm for candy in Pokemon Go to get the trade-only evolutions. ;-;

Anyone with a Let's Go game interest in helping trade to evolve two pokemon? I want to evolve an Alolan Graveler and a shiny Haunter for my team. Please PM me if you're willing to help. Thanks! ^-^