Syiren

Pokemon: Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee

I absolutely love this game and spending my money for the Crown for Eevee was worth it! Not to mention Meltan is absolutely adore following behind you. I really hope there will be sequels to this and I'm praying that if they release X and Y version that Gogoat will actually be a rideable Pokémon in the game. I'm still massively disappointed in those games as you couldn't actually ride them in such a limited area as much as they showed it off. 

In other news, I already have 4 shinies already, Spearow was a stroke of luck and became part of my main team as a Fearow, Pidgeotto was just a random shiny when I was looking for a shiny Ponyta (had a chain of 31+ already), Magikarp was from my Go game, and Doduo was another random right after I got the shiny charm. 

3 hours ago, Dalek Raptor said:

Pidgeotto was just a random shiny when I was looking for a shiny Ponyta (had a chain of 31+ already)

I found a shiny Porygon while looking for a Growlithe at chain 96.

So does the combo boost shiny chances in general rather for the combo Pokemon?

4 hours ago, KayaBear said:

I found a shiny Porygon while looking for a Growlithe at chain 96.

So does the combo boost shiny chances in general rather for the combo Pokemon?

Yes, they do. Serebii confirmed it

I caught a shiny Ponyta!!! :D I spent 5 hours running around looking for him. My first two combos were broken early on (in the teens, I think) by Ponytas running away. Eventually I managed a 42 combo (kept running into Ponyta by accident after hitting the 31st) and then I just happened to see him strolling by. I used a bunch of lures and super lures but he didn't appear until long after I had used all of them up. But I love him! I wish his nature and stats were better (nature lowers attack, and his 4 perfect IVs miss the attack stat... at least it's "good") but I used a bunch of Ponyta candies on him so he's still strong. Also a little disappointment with the TM selection, as there are no physical fire moves and I can't reach the move re-learner until toward the end of the game :| Now that he's a pretty sparkly Rapidash, he's got Double Kick, Poison Jab, Flamethrower, and Drill Run. I'll probably swap Flamethrower for Flare Blitz when he finally learns it, and maybe Double Kick for Megahorn once I get a hold of the move re-learner guy. His name is Glitter and I ride him EVERYWHERE. I'm very sad that he's too big to fit in buildings/small spaces though x) He was such a cute lil Ponyta following me around. Also, I wish there was a way to get an extra interaction with him while I ride (besides the regular talking while on horseback) because it would be SO cool to ride up on some Team Rocket thugs and rear up in their faces! 

Anyone have Let's Go Pikachu and want to trade version exclusives with me? Almost done my pokedex. Stuck because everyone I know and myself got Eevee version. 

I also need Wigglytuff. Turns out that's the only moonstone evo you can't catch in the wild. I went and wasted my extra stone on clefable. 

I have elusive Kangaskhan and Eevee exclusive pokemon for trade. 

As an aside, there's a lot of features in this game I'm really hoping carry over to the main series. Having the IV judge feature is great. The catch combo features increasing chances of good IVs is also great. 

Plus riding/following pokemon is a huge plus. I adore getting to ride my dragonite 

14 minutes ago, LadyNightshade said:

I also need Wigglytuff. Turns out that's the only moonstone evo you can't catch in the wild. I went and wasted my extra stone on clefable. 

You can get extra moonstones in the game. The one you find in Mt. Moon actually respawns every day. This Daily Events page shows what items can be found indefinitely through respawns.

19 minutes ago, hazeh said:

You can get extra moonstones in the game. The one you find in Mt. Moon actually respawns every day. This Daily Events page shows what items can be found indefinitely through respawns.

Ah that's exciting! I totally missed that page. I'll have to go hunt for one now. Thanks. 

Update: got it. Only 11 left for the dex (including melmetal). Collecting pokemon this time around feels like a breeze compared to doing it for Moon 

Edited by LadyNightshade

4 hours ago, hazeh said:

I caught a shiny Ponyta!!! :D I spent 5 hours running around looking for him. My first two combos were broken early on (in the teens, I think) by Ponytas running away. Eventually I managed a 42 combo (kept running into Ponyta by accident after hitting the 31st) and then I just happened to see him strolling by. I used a bunch of lures and super lures but he didn't appear until long after I had used all of them up. But I love him! I wish his nature and stats were better (nature lowers attack, and his 4 perfect IVs miss the attack stat... at least it's "good") but I used a bunch of Ponyta candies on him so he's still strong. Also a little disappointment with the TM selection, as there are no physical fire moves and I can't reach the move re-learner until toward the end of the game 😐 Now that he's a pretty sparkly Rapidash, he's got Double Kick, Poison Jab, Flamethrower, and Drill Run. I'll probably swap Flamethrower for Flare Blitz when he finally learns it, and maybe Double Kick for Megahorn once I get a hold of the move re-learner guy. His name is Glitter and I ride him EVERYWHERE. I'm very sad that he's too big to fit in buildings/small spaces though x) He was such a cute lil Ponyta following me around. Also, I wish there was a way to get an extra interaction with him while I ride (besides the regular talking while on horseback) because it would be SO cool to ride up on some Team Rocket thugs and rear up in their faces! 

Omg I'm so jealous xD I can't wait to find my shiny Ponyta eventually (ran into a Shiny Pidgeotto because of the global rates for shiniest rising) but I've been searching for days now for one. I'm not going to evolve mine however as I prefer the pretty blue flames as opposed to the grey flames of Rapidash (though I really wish they would change it back to purple one day)

2 hours ago, Dalek Raptor said:

Omg I'm so jealous xD I can't wait to find my shiny Ponyta eventually (ran into a Shiny Pidgeotto because of the global rates for shiniest rising) but I've been searching for days now for one. I'm not going to evolve mine however as I prefer the pretty blue flames as opposed to the grey flames of Rapidash (though I really wish they would change it back to purple one day)

Well good luck!! Shiny ponyta following behind is SUPER PRECIOUS. 

On another note, does anyone know how to get your partner Eevee to give you a high five during playtime? I can't figure it out and I my Google results don't give me anything. But there is a screenshot of someone high fiving their Eevee and I wanna do it :(

6 minutes ago, hazeh said:

Well good luck!! Shiny ponyta following behind is SUPER PRECIOUS. 

On another note, does anyone know how to get your partner Eevee to give you a high five during playtime? I can't figure it out and I my Google results don't give me anything. But there is a screenshot of someone high fiving their Eevee and I wanna do it :(

When Eevee is displayed on your shoulder rather than your arm and playing with her/him sometimes Eevee will decide to high five you

Lol I'm still in route 6 hunting for a vulpix. Been on-and-off hunting for about a week, probably 5-6 hours of playtime total on just that one route.

I read that beyond 31, more catch combo does nothing for shiny odds. If that true? (Mine's a bit above that, keep running into them)

Any tips?

I haven't progressed further in the story yet lol and I know I could go fill my dex for the shiny charm but I want the shiny vulpix for my playthrough team

18 minutes ago, Zeditha said:

Lol I'm still in route 6 hunting for a vulpix. Been on-and-off hunting for about a week, probably 5-6 hours of playtime total on just that one route.

I read that beyond 31, more catch combo does nothing for shiny odds. If that true? (Mine's a bit above that, keep running into them)

Any tips?

I haven't progressed further in the story yet lol and I know I could go fill my dex for the shiny charm but I want the shiny vulpix for my playthrough team

Yup once you hit 31 combos, the shiny odds even out and further combos don't add to the odds any more. Mine went higher because of accidental run-ins, too. Using lures will increase spawn rates though so you'll see more vulpix pop up, which should overall increase the odds a bit more. 

Bought the game Wednesday, still not done with all the badges because I spend my time shiny hunting XD

My first hunt was Vulpix, took me a day to get him, so bored to wait that I started to add to the combo :'D And when it finally appeared, I realized that I forgot to go to the exorcist for the correct nature 😐 Still like him, he's so beautiful when evolved ❤️ 

My second was a Gastly, took me about the same amount of time BUT I did not forget the nature this time :'D I spent most of my time running away from all the pokemon to try to make it spawn faster, but meh. And it finally appeared 👌

Then right after that, I decided that I wanted all the shiny Eevee evolutions. Went to the route where they spawn, and wait, that's a strange looking bush I see there.

... Well, ok XD 

Now, I'm still trying to find a white Eevee :D

I'm getting the games tomorrow! I'm so excited that I planned out my team! Alolan Ninetails, Dragonite, Mega Slowbro, Kingler, Kabutops, and Lapras are the plan. I'm especially looking forward to getting a shiny charm and doing hunts, I think I'll SR for shiny bird trio and Mewtwo though before I get the charm.

3 hours ago, KrazyKarp said:

I'm getting the games tomorrow! I'm so excited that I planned out my team! Alolan Ninetails, Dragonite, Mega Slowbro, Kingler, Kabutops, and Lapras are the plan. I'm especially looking forward to getting a shiny charm and doing hunts, I think I'll SR for shiny bird trio and Mewtwo though before I get the charm.

It's supposed to be easier to shiny hunt in this game. It has to do with increasing your chances by catching either 31 or 32 of the pokemon in a row for a combo? Using lures helps too I think. 

I found a vid that may be helpful.

3 minutes ago, Syiren said:

It's supposed to be easier to shiny hunt in this game. It has to do with increasing your chances by catching either 31 or 32 of the pokemon in a row for a combo? Using lures helps too I think. 

It's interesting, hunting in SM/USUM has SOS chaining cap at 30 successful SOS calls for odds at 1/273 with the charm. Let's Go caps at 30 combos (though people seem to go to 31 to be certain), also at odds of 1/273 as long as you have a lure running and a charm. The numbers for both are exactly the same, but the methods to reach those odds and reach 30+ encounters are pretty different, especially since in Let's Go you don't have to actually encounter anything again until your shiny, versus SM/USUM where you have to continue SOS encounters for as long as needed to get a shiny. I've done SOS chaining so I think it'll be cool to compare the two after I've gotten experience with combos.

@KrazyKarp That's impressive. I rarely try to activly hunt for shinies, even though I had a fair few spread across my games. They've mostly been random, or surprise trades. How I ended up with a shiny Volcarona, Heracross and Mothim was random trades, which was awesome. I am hunting for a shiny Treeko on AS. I believe I left off at 736 SR the other night? I respect anyone with the patience to shiny hunt.

Though, I do plan to shiny hunt in Let's go using these tricks and methods.

Edited by Syiren

I tried shiny hunting for vulpix and gave up after a non shiny one ran on me and broke my chain. 

I did randomly encounter a shiny tentacool at seafoam islands. Managed to get it! 

My team is Meraxes/Dragonite, Nightshade/Eevee, Rosalind/Mew, Tortimer/Mega Blastoise, Fiver/Nidoking, Fortunata/Ninetales

I got really into book names for my team haha

Hello fellow Let's Go players.

I'm looking for a trade partner who had the Eevee version. I have the Pikachu version and am looking for the game exclusives Ekans, Vulpis, Meowth, Bellsprout, Koffing and Pinsir. I would also like help with the trade evolutions too. I will eventually need to trade for a Kabuto too but I'm not ready for it just yet.

Bonus - if someone has a Mew I can view. I won't keep it; I just want to add it to the dex.

Okay, trade partner found. So I'm good here. ^-^

Edited by Lesh4537

To all shiny hunters: I came across a video and since I don't have the game yet I don't know how true it is. Maybe it'll help you all out, though. Also scroll through the comments a bit because some points are made in them that aren't made in the video.

15 hours ago, KrazyKarp said:

To all shiny hunters: I came across a video and since I don't have the game yet I don't know how true it is. Maybe it'll help you all out, though. Also scroll through the comments a bit because some points are made in them that aren't made in the video.

Oh, that's so useful! Seems legit to me. And I thought that running from a pokemon in your catch combo would break the combo, but seems like it doesn't. Awesome! 

So, just tried out the Pokemon Go transfer feature and... It doesn't work. Tried to transfer a Vaporeon, the connection broke for no discernable reason and the Vaporeon disappeared 😕

Now, a Vaporeon isn't the biggest loss in the world, but I've seen a reddit post by a person who lost multiple 100 IV shinies this way, and that's just sad. 

And just to rub it in, the pokedex is now incompletable for me without spending money on a subscription I really don't care for. 😑

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

9 hours ago, hazeh said:

Oh, that's so useful! Seems legit to me. And I thought that running from a pokemon in your catch combo would break the combo, but seems like it doesn't. Awesome! 

It is legit. The only pokemon content creator I don't trust would be Verlisify. He posts late news, false news and is more drama and click bait than helpful tips. Pokemon Tips, HDvee, Those are helpful creators you can trust.

@Lesh4537 I have the Eevee version, I'm just not super far yet. Just left Lavander Town and on my way to Celadon

Spoiler

after seeing Team Rocket trick Cubone into going with them

and was leveling up a bit before I take on Erika and Team Rocket.

Okay, so far I now have six shinies!

From the actual Let's Go Eevee: 

• I found a shiny Spearow right after coming out of Mt. Moon to Cerulean City, just happened to spot it as I was exploring slightly
  • My next shiny was a Pidgeotto that I found while trying to shiny hunt a Ponyta (and broke my chain)
  • The shiny after that was a Doduo after getting the shiny charm 
  • Like the Pidgeotto, I was trying to shiny hunt Ponyta again when I found a shiny *male* Eevee (this making me mad once again that it wasn't Ponyta)
  • Final shiny that I've gotten and this was from last night was a Shiny Male Nidoran that I had a chain of 14 when I encountered it

From Pokemon Go: Shiny Magikarp