Syiren

Pokemon: Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee

The newest trailer shows that you can decorate/dress up/ pet your Pikachu or Eevee. That's SO cute XD I love that they put a bunch of pink bows on the male pikachu, too. 

Does anyone know if the Pikachu/Eevee you get is evolve-able? I'd love to have a dressed-up Vaporeon :D 

Sadly, neither Pikachu nor Eevee will be able to evolve.  You might be able to catch a wild Pikachu, and most people believe you'll still be able to get an Eevee from Celadon City that you can evolve, but the ones we'll receive as starters won't be able to evolve at all.

That's....weird. I'm not too pleased about that 😕 I don't like using unevolved pokemon in my team, but I want to be able to interact with my starter. Kinda bummed. 

Well, they were inspired by Yellow version, and Pikachu absolutely refuses to evolve in that game.  The only way to do it is to trade it to Red or Blue, evolve it there, and trade it back.  But then it won't be following you anymore.  They clearly wanted to keep that going.  I'm not saying that I like it, but it is what it is.

I don't have the link, but has anyone seen the newest trailer? Omg! I'm so jazzed!! Even if I can't have all the pokemon and wild pokemon battles... just watching that trailer got me so excited. You can ride so many different pokemon! Even though it doesn't show in the trailer, I'm pretty certain this means I can ride a Rapidash and that's ALL I EVER WANTED. AHHH. And the interactions with your Eevee/Pikachu are so cute! And there's more overworld interactions with your following pokemon, too. It's so cute. And the graphics look amazing. 

GOSH I CAN'T WAIT

I saw the trailer. I'm excited for the following Pokemon feature, that's honestly enough for me to buy the game haha. It'll also be cool to play Kanto again, the last time we went through Kanto was Gen IV! I can't believe it's been that long! Really the only thing I'm not a fan of so far is capturing wild Pokemon like in Pokemon Go.

Looking at all the details released so far...I will wait for the main games next year. I wasn't the biggest fan of Go, so that's really turning me off this game.

Oh, and @Zeditha, please do not insinuate that people are liars or weirdos for enjoying grinding when you don't. It's kinda rude.

So a Let's Go! Pikachu/Eevee limited edition Switch was announced, with one of the games pre-loaded and with the Pokeball con. I'm so excited! I really hope they don't stay online-only preorders, because I really prefer pre-ordering in-store at GameStop so I don't have to pay the full amount up front. They're supposed to call me if they get any updates on that. So, fingers crossed!

Either way I'll end up getting it :D I love my pokemon special edition consoles!! 

(Sorry for any offence caused - I certainly didn't intend any. I have forgotten exactly what I was thinking.)

anyway... HYPE! I almost wish I didn't already have a switch, because the new one is so beautiful! I really love the balloon chair; I'm set on the Eevee version, and the little eevee steering the balloon chair is so adorable!

I was going to pass on the pokeball joycon, since £60 for a controller is way too much, but I saw an offer of the game and the con for £90 together on preorder (I'm thinking of it as the £60 game plus £30 ball) which is a steal, so me and my boyfriend will be getting it ;)

On 6/11/2018 at 10:22 AM, Lightstorm12000 said:

Yeah.  This isn't intended for us experienced fans.  The games coming out in 2019 will be though.  It's supposed to be a traditional Pokemon RPG for those of us who have stuck with the series.  Whereas Let's Go is intended for newer players that came in or came back in on the popularity of Pokemon GO.

I hope this is true because so far the lets go series and pokemon go itself weren't too interesting for me. I really wanted to see a core series game that brought back pokemon following you, riding pokemon, and a lot of the new things that was brought into x-y, omega ruby-alpha sapphire, and the sun and moon games but all into one. Honestly the best game I've played so far is soul silver for all of the stuff that I loved about it including being able to go to 2 different regions. Multiple regions is something I was wishing for for so many years now.

I don't think any of the newer games are the best that pokemon can do.

HYPE! My Limited Edition LGE switch arrives today!!! ♥ And a newer video confirms that Rapidash is rideable, which is the only thing I've ever desperately wanted. I'M SO EXCITED YOU GUYS I MIGHT CRY. I just wish I didn't have to wait so late into the game to get a ponyta :( 

53 minutes ago, hazeh said:

And a newer video confirms that Rapidash is rideable, which is the only thing I've ever desperately wanted. I'M SO EXCITED YOU GUYS I MIGHT CRY. I just wish I didn't have to wait so late into the game to get a ponyta

I don't yet have time to play the games, probably won't have time for a while, but that's definitely something for me to look forward to! I used Mudsdale all throughout SM and USUM and I wish I could've just always ridden my Mudsdale, not the ride Pokemon Mudsdale, but I can settle for riding my own Rapidash!

1 minute ago, KrazyKarp said:

I don't yet have time to play the games, probably won't have time for a while, but that's definitely something for me to look forward to! I used Mudsdale all throughout SM and USUM and I wish I could've just always ridden my Mudsdale, not the ride Pokemon Mudsdale, but I can settle for riding my own Rapidash!

Mudsdale is such a good pokemon!! (I just pretended that I saddled up my own Mudsdale lol) I wish these games had all pokemon available and I really, REALLY hope that the core series that comes out next year will keep the riding/traveling companion feature still so that hopefully we can ride our own Mudsdale too!! 

Rapidash is my all time favorite pokemon ever so this is just like... making me all misty-eyed ;v;

I'm having a lot of fun so far in this game! :D I love interacting with my pokemon. And I learned that I don't have to wait as long to get a Ponyta-- they're on Route 17 now! Wheeee. So far my team is my Eevee nicknamed Avoy (cause that's what she sounds like to me when she talks haha), Pikachu, Ivysaur, Charmeleon, Nidorino and Nidorina. I may eventually swap in a Vulpix I just caught but haven't decided yet. I'm not a huge fan of the fact that trainer battles is the only way to battle, but at least I get a bunch of pokeballs to try on the wild 'mons. 

Also, just because this was a mistake I made: If you're trying to get a specific gender for your starter Pikachu/Eevee, it is NOT determined at the point when they come running out of the grass. The gender is actually determined at the very start of the game, during the dream sequence/intro with Professor Oak (before you choose your gender and name!). The Pikachu/Eevee will have the respective tail marking/shape at that point, so if you don't see the one you want you have to restart the entire thing. I had spent like 1.5 hours trying to get a female Eevee at the "encounter" part before looking it up and realizing that it was different for this game. But it looks like the gender ratio for Eevee as a starter is the even 50-50, since I got a female on the second try after restarting the entire file. So, just so you guys are aware! :D Hopefully it'll save you the trouble. 

@hazeh I wasn't really into the whole idea of cutting out most wild battles (and this is still something that's bugging me) but while watching people stream the game(s) I was so amazed by the graphics (and nostalgia) that I've actually ordered a switch now myself (with Let's Go, Pikachu!) 🙈 so much money 😧

1 hour ago, Soulsborne said:

@hazeh I wasn't really into the whole idea of cutting out most wild battles (and this is still something that's bugging me) but while watching people stream the game(s) I was so amazed by the graphics (and nostalgia) that I've actually ordered a switch now myself (with Let's Go, Pikachu!) 🙈 so much money 😧

Yeah that bummed me out and it's definitely a bit difficult to get used to but I'm managing. The graphics definitely sell it for me though and all of the interactive features! These pokemon machines are expensive but at this point I've stopped caring 😂

I caved and bought Let's Go Eevee digitally. I gotta admit, I'm really pleased with it. I do hate the fact that you don't fight wild pokemon, but at the same time it's not horrible. Also I can't kick the old habit of going to a pokemon center and looking for the PC, forgetting its in your bag now, or walking through the grass trying to get a random encounter. I didn't realize all this time pokemon had trained me! 😂

I've already had my Switch for well over a year now.  The Legend of Zelda:  Breath of the Wild was more than worth the price of the system and the game.  I'm really enjoying Let's Go far more than I thought I would though.  As a long time fan I figured that all of the cut features of a game that prizes itself on simplicity (when compared to other JRPGs) would be the kiss of death for my enjoyment, but it clearly wasn't.  As much as I miss the wild battles, I don't miss the random encounters.  Honestly, I feel that was a step in the right direction, and I hope that if Gen 8 takes anything from Let's Go, it's that feature.  I do find myself having a hard time with the lack of Special Abilities.  "Alright, I can't use Quick Attack on my rival's Pikac... Oh.  Wait.  No abilities, so it doesn't have Static."  Or:  "Alright, a Mega Venusaur and Megazard X... Damn.  No Thick Fat or Tough Claws."

Edited by Lightstorm12000

2 hours ago, Lightstorm12000 said:

I've already had my Switch for well over a year now.  The Legend of Zelda:  Breath of the Wild was more than worth the price of the system and the game.  I'm really enjoying Let's Go far more than I thought I would though.  As a long time fan I figured that all of the cut features of a game that prizes itself on simplicity (when compared to other JRPGs) would be the kiss of death for my enjoyment, but it clearly wasn't.  As much as I miss the wild battles, I don't miss the random encounters.  Honestly, I feel that was a step in the right direction, and I hope that if Gen 8 takes anything from Let's Go, it's that feature.  I do find myself having a hard time with the lack of Special Abilities.  "Alright, I can't use Quick Attack on my rival's Pikac... Oh.  Wait.  No abilities, so it doesn't have Static."  Or:  "Alright, a Mega Venusaur and Megazard X... Damn.  No Thick Fat or Tough Claws."

All of this, yes! I can deal with the lack of wild battles, though I still hope they bring those back for the next core games. I agree-- the overworld encounters are amazing. I REALLY hope they keep that. 

And yes-- I always catch myself on working around or with abilities, and I'm really rather sad those aren't part of the battle system. Here's to hoping that the new games will return back to their battle-focus so we can get those back. (I assume they will, considering Let's Go! is a integration game for Go! players and not a core strategy game). 

@Syiren Hahaha same! XD I run into the Pokemon center all the time and stare at the counter before remembering it's in my bag. I kind of like that feature though and being able to swap around pokemon freely like that. I wouldn't be bothered if that made it into the new games :D 

Wait so, I read that the bird trio can be found through regular encounters?! That's pretty cool, endless ice birds sounds amazing! 

18 hours ago, KrazyKarp said:

Wait so, I read that the bird trio can be found through regular encounters?! That's pretty cool, endless ice birds sounds amazing! 

Yeah, but you need to do catch combos before they'll appear.  And since there are usually other rare Pokemon in each route, you'll likely have to catch a lot of that one Pokemon before any of the Bird Trio show up.  Shinies alone usually require at least 50 before you see one.

I'm going to have to start watching someone stream this cause I won't be able to afford it for a while. I wonder if pokemon bank will be useful in this game or not? Or if that will become outdated and get turned off at some point as the years go by.

2 hours ago, Lightstorm12000 said:

Yeah, but you need to do catch combos before they'll appear.  And since there are usually other rare Pokemon in each route, you'll likely have to catch a lot of that one Pokemon before any of the Bird Trio show up.  Shinies alone usually require at least 50 before you see one.

The combo for shinies tops off at 31; going any higher than that doesn't increase the odds any more. 

On 11/21/2018 at 10:37 AM, hazeh said:

The combo for shinies tops off at 31; going any higher than that doesn't increase the odds any more. 

Ah.  I didn't know that.  Between the Splatfest and work I haven't had much time to play the game.  I'm only just now ready to battle Lt Surge.  So I haven't gotten to the point that I can shiny hunt.

My boyfriend bought LG Pikachu, and we've been playing it together for a couple of days now.

I gotta say, I'm really disappointed in the co-op; battles with a trainer who has more than one Pokemon don't turn into double battles, you can't even have co-op in actual double battles, no split party, not much to it at all, really 😕

I actually am quite fond of the new catching system, I like the idea of physical skill being integrated (as in the throwing of the ball), but I hope the next gen game will have this fused with the old catching system. Probably won't happen, but I can dream! 😁

I do wonder if the Let's Go games will have their own competitive meta or if they'll get ignored in that regard due to lack of old moves, held items, abilities and the way AVs work...

The variety of rideable Pokemon and their functionality is pretty good, and even the fact that they brought back the whole following thing in the first place is simply rad 😎