Syiren

Pokemon: Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee

Not only is it confirmed, but it's filled with even more features that have been often wished for, but only assumed it would only exist in our dreams! Is it good, is it bad? We'll find out November 16th, 2018!

Which one will you choose?

Edited by Syiren

I can't wait for it. I been save up my eb game gift card from Christmas last year.

i am so hype for it.

Edited by Remy400

Wanted to make this topic first lol oh well

i can't wait for these games to come out tho

I'll be buying a switch for it, but...

I'm really not thrilled about some of the mechanics. I don't really play Pokemon Go anymore, so its integration into a main game seems really... awkward. And I really don't like that wild pokemon battles aren't a thing. That's like, a main portion of the game... how are we supposed to grind our levels for our pokemon before gyms? Unless we have to rely on trainer battles completely? Seems really weird imo. I like the graphics (could have been better for a switch game, imo) and I enjoy the pokemon interaction, but it looks like you can only do so with your starter Pikachu or Eevee. What if they evolve? And I also don't like that only the first 151 pokemon (and some new one?) are available. Like, does that mean I can only evolve Eevee into Flareon/Jolteon/Vaporeon? That's kinda lame. 

I really like Pokemon Yellow, though, and I like the Pokeball Plus instead of a joystick thing. But I'm a bit skeptical on what they've shown so far. 

I can't wait until the game will be released, I had to buy the Switch for that game, but I wanted to have the consol anyway, so that's ok for me.

9 hours ago, hazeh said:

I don't really play Pokemon Go anymore, so its integration into a main game seems really... awkward

This is technically a spinoff game, for the record.

That said, it looks cute and when I eventually get a Switch I'll probably give it a try unless it has horrid reviews.

18 hours ago, Switch said:

looks bad, todd.

My thoughts too. I am, however, hyped for the full-fledged RPG coming out next year. I've already bought my ticket on the hype train and I sit near the conductor's door.

As long as they don't want 60 dollars for this thing I suppose i'll get it. It'll probably be alright to play with my sister, and if nothing else a "get my PoGo pokemon into the main series so i never have to open PoGo again" machine.

12 hours ago, TCA said:

This is technically a spinoff game, for the record.

That said, it looks cute and when I eventually get a Switch I'll probably give it a try unless it has horrid reviews.

Isn't it a remake of Pokemon Yellow, though? (though idk if Yellow is considered a "spin off" or not)

Don't get me wrong, I'll still buy it regardless lol. This is just the first time I've been skeptical about a Pokemon game before. 

I think it's widely considered a spin off by much of the core community because of the integration of Pokemon GO mechanics (particularly the catching mechanics).  Personally, I see it more of a side series (like Coliseum or X-D Gale of Darkness) that acts as a stepping stone between Pokemon GO and the core series.  If I'm right then there's certainly a place for Let's Go without alienating those of us in the core community just for the sake of pandering to the GO/casual community.  Honestly the fact that we have to divide the Pokemon community as a whole because of the debate kind of leaves me unsettled.

Edited by Lightstorm12000

On 5/31/2018 at 3:26 AM, Switch said:

As long as they don't want 60 dollars for this thing I suppose i'll get it. It'll probably be alright to play with my sister, and if nothing else a "get my PoGo pokemon into the main series so i never have to open PoGo again" machine.

It is $60 sadly. It seems with every new console upgrade the games jump $20 in price. I put down my preorder anyway tho. I'm not mad at the girl, but I said Pikachu and when I looked at the recipe I saw she had me with Eevee. I'll eventually get both, but I wanted pikachu. 😕 that being said I love the idea of a coop. I hope we can do that in the main game next year too. I aldo hope we can actually battle wild pokemon. How else do we grind?

bruhh this game better have some good stuff if they want me to pay 60 dollars for a pokemon game with major mechanics removed

I'm rather concerned with some things and I really hope Eevee/Pikachu are just a side game. I love the fact that Pokemon can follow you around again but at the same time, I don't want to be limited to just a few Pokémon like Charizard or Onix, I was really hoping we could finally ride a Gogoat (as the feature was highly limited in X  and Y) or another Pokémon (Tyrantrum comes to mind). 

I don't like the fact that they incorporated Pokemon Go into the game, if this was supposed to be a remake/sequel to the original games, this is kind of a joke imo 😕 how are shiny Pokémon going to come in play here? Heck, how are we going to level up Pokemon to evolve them!? I already have a hard time with Pokemon Go as I'm in a complete dead area so this is making me frowned on the mechanics

15 hours ago, Dalek Raptor said:

I'm rather concerned with some things and I really hope Eevee/Pikachu are just a side game. I love the fact that Pokemon can follow you around again but at the same time, I don't want to be limited to just a few Pokémon like Charizard or Onix, I was really hoping we could finally ride a Gogoat (as the feature was highly limited in X  and Y) or another Pokémon (Tyrantrum comes to mind). 

I don't like the fact that they incorporated Pokemon Go into the game, if this was supposed to be a remake/sequel to the original games, this is kind of a joke imo 😕 how are shiny Pokémon going to come in play here? Heck, how are we going to level up Pokemon to evolve them!? I already have a hard time with Pokemon Go as I'm in a complete dead area so this is making me frowned on the mechanics

The way I see the shinies working is, they appear normal in the overworld like they do in Go until you engaged an encounter and thats where they reveal if theyre shiny.  At least that would be my guess.

I have no interest in the game... tho if I did, I would get the Pikachu one. 'cause I'm not an Eevee fan. I don't play Pokemon GO, so that functionality would be totally lost on me. which is definitely part of why I'm not interested.

I'm fan of pokemon games. This one sounds good and weird in same way. Some time ago I've read that they combined mechanics of pokemon GO with pokemon yellow in "Let's Go" to introduce old games to new players. Well, there is some truth in it, because many of my colleagues, who plays Pokemon GO doesn't even know what is "Pokemon Generations" or even doesn't know single one game from core series and only pokemon which they recognize by name was pikachu. So there is some good reasons why they making "Let's Go" in such way, but i'm affraid that this formula will be not working for all old pokemon fans.

Edited by Gothh

Yeah.  This isn't intended for us experienced fans.  The games coming out in 2019 will be though.  It's supposed to be a traditional Pokemon RPG for those of us who have stuck with the series.  Whereas Let's Go is intended for newer players that came in or came back in on the popularity of Pokemon GO.

Edited by Lightstorm12000

As a Pokemon Go player and a long-time main games player I don't really see a point in a game similar to Pokemon Go except it's played at home. At least that's the impression I got. I'm much more interested in the new core games in 2019. I might consider buying a Switch for them.

I do like the idea of a co-op, I hope they keep that for the new main games as well.

Going by what we've seen so far, it looks like a game with a lot of promise; a non-main series game that, in a way, blends Pokémon Go and the main series with clear, beautiful graphics? Count me in!

I'm super excited for these games. I bought a switch last week just to make sure I would have one for when they finally come out, and because I've been wanting one for a while. I love the switch so much (except that PlayStation won't let me play Fortnite). I was freaking out when I saw the trailers,

As a recent fan (first core game alpha sapphire lol, though I did play Rumble bc my parents bought it with my 3DS) and someone who only doesn't play Go because of a bad phone (can't wait to get back to Apple, they WORK!), I'm super looking forward to getting Eevee! Although I do feel bad for my character with getting Eevee; it's 6.5 kilos according to google, which is quite a lot to have sitting on your head as you run around! :P

I, too, am disappointed by a lack of wild PokeBattles, but I am looking forward to the reduction of grinding. If you say you like grinding, either you're lying or weird - it's the most boring thing ever.

Anyway, woo! can't wait for the game!

I'll probably be buying it solely for the following/riding pokemon feature. The lack of wild pokemon battles is definitely a letdown, though I suppose it's not that bad if there's a proper Switch pokemon game coming out next year. I think I'll go for the Eevee. :3