Xythus

Ability to filter or choose what's in Action Log

That essentially means coding filters that cater to every possible playstyle.

I'm sure it would be unrealistic to think that we could control *everything* on the Action Log, but a little bit of option would be nice. Like PF said, I'd love just a simple way to filter out/hide "abandon" actions in my log, since that can fill up a log within 15 minutes.

Or maybe a collapse/expand feature? Like, the Action Log records a certain number of each action, and then you can choose which to expand? So there'd be like a list of all the things the log tracks, and clicking each action would expand the log to show you all your recent activity with that action. That way a LOT more information would actually be able to be shown, and we wouldn't have ONE action completely dominating the log.

1st. 80% would be satisfied with Influenced flag can be viewed on /view/<code>

2nd. other 20% with checkboxes in account settings of what kind of actions should be logged/not logged.

Another possibility that would allow more customization for players, with perhaps less coding, might be to put a check box to the side of each action, which, when checked, would allow you do delete all checked actions (button at bottom). This would be similar to what can be done in your PMs.

However, to make that workable, players would probably want double the number of actions saved. That way, if a person is playing the AP page, they would know that once they filled the visible page with their Abandoning, they could delete all 100 of those and still have their 100 previous actions come back. Otherwise, they would have to continually go back and forth to their action page to delete those items, which would very much interfere with what they are doing.

Perhaps there could be a check-box at the top of the check-box column which would allow the player to check all 100 on the page at one time, though that could be very dangerous. I'm not sure about that feature.

I do a lot of trading, and so I have a lot of:

"Teleported xxxxx with I Magi M3"

"Canceled a trade, freeing I Magi M3 to teleport again"

I would love to be able to delete those and keep my influencing, incubating, and breeding actions recorded.

The most wonderful thing would be to have some general preference settings for the Action Log as to what actions you want recorded, and then have the further ability to refine it with check-boxes beside each action for deleting of Actions you have no more need of at the moment.

If we want simple, just a list of the different actions that are saved in the action log on a page and you uncheck ones you don't want to have saved. Ideally combined with a deletion system like you described, so someone can save abandons but still delete their AP trawling.

Please can we have this? I would love it so much!

A while back, I was trying to get a bunch of my dragons named and then I went to double check an influence and naming took up a huge amount of the log and bumped my influences off.

Also, AP hunting completely can quickly eat up my entire log. I'm more than happy to grab eggs there - especially bred ones - but they need to fit in with things I need for my scroll. So there's a lot of picking up and putting back, especially given the massive amount of CBs that get dumped from main cave hunts.

Naming dragons and AP hunting are good things and I don't think that the consequences should be losing info we may need for info we may not want.

Totally agree with this. When I get started on an AP hunt, I might go thru 50 eggs before finding one I want to keep. I'm usually looking for something specific, so anything that doesn't meet my specifications gets thrown back immediately. It also doesn't help that I might wind up picking up the same egg over and over because I can't remember all the codes.

The Action Log is an excellent addition to the game and I'm glad we have it, but I do wish that it was more flexible. What I think is important isn't necessarily what 'you' think is important, so being able to add/subtract what 'we' think is important would be wonderful.

Never have I wanted this more than this week! I've had a lot of influence confusion due to running out of influences and trading, so the action log would've saved my butt and made it clear what needed to be corrected--but I've been fogging/unfogging stuff all week due to the viewbombing scares, and so all that vital influence information has long since been pushed out of sight due to a flood of fog-related actions. Fogging and unfogging 21 hatchlings every day adds up fast. :/ Would love to be able to disable fogging from appearing in my action log.

I support this. Many times I just want to see which eggs I've Influenced and the gender but have to wade through abandons, Incubates, and other Actions just to find a certain line.

Believe me, I love having the Actions Log. I just want it to be a bit faster and cleaner to find what I need.

My thoughts exactly.

Also, sorting would make it easier to find an action that doesn't show up on your action log because you named 30 of your dragons and now that's all that shows up in the log.

I'm gonna have to nth, this suggestion. I don't need fogging or dropping AP eggs to be shown. I don't even need Incubates or Naming to be shown either. I really need this for keeping track of breeding and Influencing, though occasionally I do like tracking when repulses or auto-ed eggs happened.

I've found myself totally scroll-locked a ridiculous number of times in the last couple of weeks, and with this new 7-day release a little tweaked-out behind catching eggs, influencing/incubating them right, and then having to hide them off and on to keep them safe from our mad bomber, and a certain other someone stalking scrolls for the "right" number and kinds of dragons.

This release, I really just needed my Influencing to be logged, not anything else, so some kind of filter would be great.

If coding and catering to play styles is such a concern, why not just increase the size of the action log?

So, instead of 100 actions saved, how about save everything that happened in the last 7 days? As dragons grow in 6 days without incubate and breeding cooldown only lasts 7 days, expanding the log like that would catch the two most common problems with the short log (influence, I mean once the dragon is adult who cares what you influenced it, and breeding).

It'd still be a pain to find stuff (unless you use ctrl+f) but.... It's better than having the critical info vanish! Back when Tinsels weren't breeding, I'd breed 100+ tinsels with only a fail egg or two. That completely wiped out the action log of anything useful.

Cheers!

C4.

We surely don't need hide and unhide ? Or naming...

We surely don't need hide and unhide ? Or naming...

Pretty much this. I am personally not that concerned about abandoning, but naming and hiding seem rather wasteful to record. Especially hide/unhide. That essentially takes up two spots every time you use it, imagine if you had 7 eggs and you hid them all, that would be 14 action log spots taken up, and if you hide them more than once, even more!

Pretty much this. I am personally not that concerned about abandoning, but naming and hiding seem rather wasteful to record. Especially hide/unhide. That essentially takes up two spots every time you use it, imagine if you had 7 eggs and you hid them all, that would be 14 action log spots taken up, and if you hide them more than once, even more!

Exactly - over this last release, almost three quarters of my log is taken up with hide > unhide >name.

We definitely need this! I really hate how quickly important things like Influences get buried under useless records (like Hide/Unhide). Especially right now, with AoND being down, I'm in serious influence tracker withdrawal. I've been taking screenies of my log for every influence, because I know they'll be lost long before the evidence of their use (ie hatchie gendering). dry.gif

I don't know anything about coding, but from a user standpoint, I think a dropdown menu would be perfect, much like the dropdowns we have on the main scroll page for Filter By: and Sort By:.

As an addendum to this (because this suggestion as a whole is a great idea and I want it in some form or another). If it's too convoluted to change the action log to cater. Could we have a "History Log" on our dragons?

Say you have a pink dragon named PrettyPinkFace and influence an egg (we'll call it w43gy -which is just gibbledygook as far as I know), then go AP diving and lose your influence record because of catch/drop/hide maneuvers. Regardless of that, PrettyPinkFace would still have it's own personal history log that would say.

764h8 caught in cave.

764h8 Influenced by Sasparilla (possibly with live link to Sasparilla?).

764h8 bred to CityFace

764h8 named PrettyPinkFace

PrettyPinkFace Influenced w43gy

Description submitted for PrettyPinkFace

That way, at least your Influence action is mostly free from being lost if the main Action Log is flooded with hide/unhide/named/caught/dropped. Which are basically useless actions to log anyway, you can see if you've named or caught or dropped something. It's the invisible actions like Influence, Fertility, Bred To (because the breeding list is unavailable to look at until the dragon is off cooldown) that I think get used more often.

For the record, I don't think a dragon's personal action log needs to be more than 10 items deep. That should give you room for about 2 full usage cycles (breed, BSA -if applicable-, rename, starting up a description) before old stuff gets bumped off by the new stuff.

If we had one for each dragon I'd like a log that showed what failed. I have one of my pinks in disgrace in the corner now, as she has failed on TWO influences and I never had an influence fail before she blew it with my first shimmer.... I have her on my personal chart as unreliable, but still...

Edited by fuzzbucket

If we had one for each dragon I'd like a log that showed what failed. I have one of my pinks in disgrace in the corner now, as she has failed on TWO influences and I never had an influence fail before she blew it with my first shimmer.... I have her on my personal chart as unreliable, but still...

I have a couple of male Pinks that I no longer use, because they seemed to be fail-prone. The way the log works now, the linked code of the influenced eggs shows in the record, so it would be very easy to check a Pink's success rate if it had an individual action log.

I am another with a log full of AP hunting abandons, and I'm also using fog on all my babies lately. I also tend to tweak names a bit when first naming a dragon, or renaming a nameholder, and the name tweaks really don't need to be in the log. My log generally goes back no more than 1 or 2 days, so that influence I used 4 days ago doesn't show up when I want to double-check what I did.

I like the idea, but I don't know how effective it would be. I think one of the artists (last year or so) commented that "the egg already has a gender 'in mind' so how do you count the Influences that fail but give you the gender you wanted anyway?" <- Paraphrased like heck, obviously.

I think if the log shows that you used that dragon to influence that egg, you ought to able to easily tell if it failed or not without it being spelled out.

Edited by Amut un Rama

I think if the log shows that you used that dragon to influence that egg, you ought to able to easily tell if it failed or not without it being spelled out.

No - what I meant was that if it was on that DRAGON'S page. Because you know how soon the action log doesn't show what happened last. To have it right on her PAGE that she blew it twice in a row would remind me not to use her again ! Having to check each dragon - well, yeah, OK - as long as her page LISTED those BOYS of hers xd.png

No - what I meant was that if it was on that DRAGON'S page. Because you know how soon the action log doesn't show what happened last. To have it right on her PAGE that she blew it twice in a row would remind me not to use her again ! Having to check each dragon - well, yeah, OK - as long as her page LISTED those BOYS of hers xd.png

Oh. Well, that just follows right into the suggestion then.

PrettyPinkFace (female) influences 12345 and 12345 genders male. It's pretty obvious she screwed up that egg. And since I hope it'd hold two activity cycles (two rounds of breeding, two rounds of using whatever BSA), you'd see if she screws up twice easily if the egg code is linked.

I'd like it to stay on her page for EVER, the BAD GIRL. xd.png I don't want to use her again !

I would really love to be able to filter the action log... I don't need to know *which* magi teleported, I know I traded. What I need is freeze records so I know when my next freeze will be available. And maybe influence records, since AoND has been down.

I would love to be able to filter out abandon actions when I'm hunting on the AP. Being able to toggle it on and off would be SUPER. I can see the usefulness of filtering other actions too. Full support for this suggestion.

Naming. Fogging. Unfogging. NONE of these EVER needs tracking....