Xythus

Ability to filter or choose what's in Action Log

I support this! Ideally in combination with a 7-day action log or at least 500 lines.

I like the idea of breaking down BSAs into separate items.

It would be neat to separate AP hunting abandoning from other tyoes of abandoning, where we've had something on our scrolls longer. Turning filtering on and off, perhaps before going AP hunting is one choice, though for those who hunt the AP frequently, maybe having two separate abandonment filters is the way to go.

I recently abandoned a hatchling and I need the code for that hatchling. It happened in the past two weeks.

I would like to see naming. I often name, then rename my dragons. While I do keep a list, it isn't perfect, and the Actions log would help.

Edited by missy_

I think this suggestion is due for a boost, since I know there are other Action Log suggestions being made.

I am still a supporter of this idea, especially since I use so many actions that it only covers one or two days most of the time and mine is mostly "hid/unhid" and "named/renamed" right now. If I could remove those two categories, it would be a big help.

Naming. Fogging. Unfogging. NONE of these EVER needs tracking....

Agreed. Does anyone disagree?

I totally agree on naming. I've seen a few help threads where tracking fogging/unfogging was needed, but for the most part it's pointless.

Fertility is also pointless to track, period.

I totally agree on naming. I've seen a few help threads where tracking fogging/unfogging was needed, but for the most part it's pointless.

Fertility is also pointless to track, period.

I also agree on naming, but fertility is something that is definetly needed. It's one of the only things this can acctually be used for.

Say you plan to breed a GoldxBlack marrow, and you use fertility on the gold, but you get distracted and have to leave the computer for a second. You forget weather or not you used fertility or not, but ho! You have a convenient way to check!

But you can just as easily check by going to use fertility. You then see if the dragon is faded or not.

What if you have like, a ton of purples and use fertility a lot (So a lot would be timed out), and didn't remember which dragon you used?

What if you have like, a ton of purples and use fertility a lot (So a lot would be timed out), and didn't remember which dragon you used?

On the top of your scroll is a drop-down menu, Show All as the first choice. Click the drop, select Available for BSA, and it will bring up a list of all your available BSA dragons, in order of their placement on your scroll.

Dragons on cooldown do not appear on this list.

Edited by dragongrrl

I never have that problem because I do what dragongrrl posted, use the "available for BSA" filter, even though I probably do at least 50 fertilities a week.

On the top of your scroll is a drop-down menu, Show All as the first choice. Click the drop, select Available for BSA, and it will bring up a list of all your available BSA dragons, in order of their placement on your scroll.

Dragons on cooldown do not appear on this list.

I am aware, and your statement is somewhat irrelevant to what I said, and only proves it more, in a way.

So, consider having 15 purples, and you use fertility every time you breed anything of worth, so you have used it about 10 times this week (you have forgotten the exact number however, so you cannot use the numbers system to calculate weather or not you have used it)

So even though you would have 5 available purples, you wouldn't know which dragons you'd used the other 10 fertilities on.

I am aware that you could technically open up the menu where you select what dragon you want to use fertility on, and see if the two dragons were there and available to be used fertility upon, but it would be MUCH easier just to open up the action log and see if you used fertility on the dragon.

So, consider having 15 purples, and you use fertility every time you breed anything of worth, so you have used it about 10 times this week (you have forgotten the exact number however, so you cannot use the numbers system to calculate weather or not you have used it)

So even though you would have 5 available purples, you wouldn't know which dragons you'd used the other 10 fertilities on

This doesn't make any sense at all.

And if you're not sure if you've used fertility, it is in fact more efficient to use fertility to check, since it would be a similar number of clicks to checking the action log, but would save you time in the eventuality that you had not used fertility on the dragon you want to breed.

I am aware, and your statement is somewhat irrelevant to what I said, and only proves it more, in a way.

So even though you would have 5 available purples, you wouldn't know which dragons you'd used the other 10 fertilities on.

I am aware that you could technically open up the menu where you select what dragon you want to use fertility on, and see if the two dragons were there and available to be used fertility upon, but it would be MUCH easier just to open up the action log and see if you used fertility on the dragon.

I agree that I think fertility is fine in the action log (because for me it's simpler to look through that than to scour all the tiny tiles in fertility looking for the faded dragons if I dun remember names/codes of dragons I might have used it on or there's too many for me to do finds for them all or something), but I think you're misunderstanding fertility a bit. You don't have to choose the specific dragon you used fertility on to see what dragons are currently under the influence of fertility. Dragons under the influence of fertility will show up faded out on any purple dragon's fertility page because you can only fertilize the dragon once per breeding.

Unless you're interested in which specific purple used fertility on which dragon (in which case, yes, the action log is the way to go, although I'm not sure why such specificity is absolutely necessary).

I understand Oasis' point about fertility, and I don't think it is important which purple did the fertility, but rather whether or not the fertility action had been used on one of the dragons in the pair.

Anyway, I think this whole discussion just points out how nice it would be if we could each pick the actions we want to have show up on our own action log. If fertility is something you really want to see there, then you could pick it. If tracking fertility seems useless to you, then pick the actions you do find important to track.

Edited by purplehaze

Yep, this is all about having a choice... some folk want to track fertility, others don't.. some want to track incubates.. or breeding.. or whatever. Personally, all I want to track is Influence.. so having OPTIONS is the way to go. A nice page in Accounts with check boxes to choose what you want shown on the Action Log page. I don't think it's too much to ask for, or very hard to code.

Still support, man. Trying to check an influence of two days ago when you've fogged / unfogged a dozen things several times since then and caught and abandoned and bred and named a bunch of things... not good.

Agreed. It's driving me NUTS seeing who I fogged, who I named and so on.... I don't need to KNOW who I named; their names are on my SCROLL..... I don't need to know who I fogged - I can look at them to see if they are or aren't... But I'd still like to know if that influence failed or I wrote it down wrong (one of my pinks wasn't allowed to influence for a while after she sinned.... xd.png)

I totally support having a choice here.

I have just been playing catch and release with Valentine eggs in the AP. Nearly my whole page is taken up with "Abandoned an egg or hatchling." I don't need to know that! I have also fogged and unfogged a lot of eggs and hatchies since the hatcheries seem to be running hot right now. So whole strings of hid and unhid messages. As Fuzz says, I can see whether they are hidden or not! But did I influence that egg that just went male when I swear I influenced it female? Can't tell because that action has been pushed off the page. I forgot to record when I bred dragon X. When will she be available again? The action page for the dragon says 1 day, but that could mean anything from 23.9 hours to 1 minute. Action log doesn't help me because that was a week ago and nothing from that time is still showing on my log.

I get that this is an action log and so every action we take is listed there. But it would be so much more functional if we could choose which actions to show. Failing that we need a much longer list!!!

Edited by purplehaze

Agreed to begin with and still agree 110%. Just yesterday I had a hatchling Influence wrong for a lineage project. Couldn't check to see if it was my fault for forgetting or an actual fail. Too many USELESS abandoned, fogged, etc. messages.

I do NOT need to see who got fogged/unfogged.. it's visible for heck's sake.

I do NOT need to see which eggs I abandoned.. I threw them back meaning I didn't want them.. duh.

I do NOT need to see which dragons got named.. another I can see already, sheesh.

TJ, we aren't dumb and we have eyes. Either let us choose which actions we see on our logs, or get rid of the unnecesary ones; fog/unfog, naming and abandon.

While keeping track of abandons isn't useful for me, it's handy every now and then in cases of "where did my egg go" when people accidentally abandoned the wrong egg.

That being said, I agree that there's really no reason to show fog / name actions, since, well, the end results are plain to see.

While keeping track of abandons isn't useful for me, it's handy every now and then in cases of "where did my egg go" when people accidentally abandoned the wrong egg.

That being said, I agree that there's really no reason to show fog / name actions, since, well, the end results are plain to see.

There I agree - but if we could choose what actions we want to track...

I'd like to see autod eggs show up though - they actually DON'T.

There I agree - but if we could choose what actions we want to track...

I know, and if we could choose I'd also not track them. But Cinnamin was suggesting as an alternative that those actions just never show up at all, and on that one point of the three I disagreed. ^^

Influence = yes

abandon = meh auto'd eggs = might be a good thing

name = NO redundant

fog/unfog = also redundant

fertility = meh, if it really worked maybe but I don't use it enough

breed = yes-- how about if an egg was produced or not???

so an opportunity to choose and perhaps change our minds ,

say ,when playing in the AP turn abandon off but have it on other times

Any "I didn't do that" action can be checked on TJ's master logs-- how often does it get to that level anyway?

A lot of these would only be useful personally if we were having issues with family members messing with our scroll - just changing the password might be a better solution than a lot of useless log actions

I DO like having the action log it has saved me recently when I influenced incorrectly, but the only reason I could find the action is because I have been uber locked with new release eggs usually my log is a mess of abandoned messages.

Which brings up my question-- why isn't there a caught/stolen log ??, sometimes I would love to know what time I caught something from the cave

I would also like to be able to go back a couple of days, without the redundant messages it might be possible, even without adding more that 100 actions logged.

I'd like to see in the log:

Influence

Bred with results: refusal, egg(s) (+ abandoned if auto or holiday multi-clutch) or just nothing (does it make a difference if they're not in the mood or just not laying an egg?)

Cave pickup

Teleport: transfer or trade (right now, all we see is that we teleported)

Bite with results: turned, turned and repulsed, killed

Kill

Earthquake with results: a, b, c hatched; x, y, z killed (granted, I never use that, but some might want to know why all those shells are lying around)

Expunge

Trade offers made by you

Trade offers accepted by you or the other person

Nice to have:

Incubate (yes, I can see it when trying another Red, but what if I have no Red left?)

Fertilize (okay, it's unlikely that I use up my entire Purple army xd.png)

AP pickup

Abandon (you might switch that off while AP-hunting)

Not always necessary:

Splash (once we have the badge, why bother counting? Sometimes I splash just to get them out of my "available for BSA" list for a day)

Naming/Unnaming

Fogging/Unfogging

Otherwise, I'd just like a dynamic log:

- 7 full days of all actions (they'd expire and vanish after exactly 168 hours)

- filterable like the dragons page, by action - then all the AP-abandons won't bother me, if I can straight-up navigate to only my influences biggrin.gif

Influence

Bred (with results)

Abandon/auto-abandon, with option to turn off for AP hunting

Those are my BIG 3

Anything else is gravy on top, and I do think fogging and naming actions are very redundant and need to go.