Xythus

Ability to filter or choose what's in Action Log

As soon as I thought of this, it reminded me of facebook; I understand people may not like this idea because of that reason, but that is why its optional.

I have seen many threads being made in the help section with topics like: "Help! My egg died / disappeared and I swear I didn't kill it / abandon it." and then the suggestion that follows is usually "Check your actions log".

However, the actions log only stretches as far as it does on the page, and then the rest disappears. I was thinking, maybe we can have the option of checking / unchecking the actions that we want recorded, kind of like:

Choose what you want to show up in your Actions Log:

O Everything

O Breeding

O Abandoning

O BSAs

O Fogging

O Naming

O Freezing

O Killing

O Etc.

The default would be "Everything", for people who don't particularly care.

So my reasoning for this suggestion is, because if you're an AP stalker like me, and wanted to refer back to your actions log, your action log would pretty much look like this:

user posted image

And your other actions would soon be lost in your sea of "abandoned" actions.

Let me know what you think!

I saw this mentioned in another suggestion thread once. The original suggestion was to make the action log house more entries, but angelicdragonpuppy, myself, and a few others preferred this idea. Uber support!

Edited by Chanilove

I like this idea! But I'd like to have the BSAs not as a group, but single. I really don't need to know which of my shallow waters uses splash, or if my trios summoned or one of my reds incubated an egg - and a couple of other things. However, I'd still like to be able to see influences, for example

This would be great. Maybe, instead of choosing what shows up, and what doesn't, we could have a drop down menu.

This would be great. Maybe, instead of choosing what shows up, and what doesn't, we could have a drop down menu.

That would imply storing more entries, unless you'd want the dropdown to just pick from the entries that already exist, which would defeat the purpose of this. It's an idea, but I prefer the original suggestion. The extra tweak Olympe mentioned would be nifty, too. :3

I support this. Many times I just want to see which eggs I've Influenced and the gender but have to wade through abandons, Incubates, and other Actions just to find a certain line.

Believe me, I love having the Actions Log. I just want it to be a bit faster and cleaner to find what I need.

I save mine as a webpage from time to time.... if I've just done a lot of influencing and so on...

That would imply storing more entries, unless you'd want the dropdown to just pick from the entries that already exist, which would defeat the purpose of this. It's an idea, but I prefer the original suggestion. The extra tweak Olympe mentioned would be nifty, too. :3

You are right, didn't though of that.

I save mine as a webpage from time to time.... if I've just done a lot of influencing and so on...

That is dedication. "Back in my day, we didn't get to choose which actions showed up in the log. We had to save the action log as pages on our computers." XD I might do that, though, since I've just influenced all my new Halloween eggs... >.>

I really hope this gets implemented, for all of our sakes (especially poor Fuzzbucket! <3)

That is dedication. "Back in my day, we didn't get to choose which actions showed up in the log. We had to save the action log as pages on our computers." xd.png I might do that, though, since I've just influenced all my new Halloween eggs... >.>

I really hope this gets implemented, for all of our sakes (especially poor Fuzzbucket! <3)

Well, it is mainly because I misfile what remains of my brain a lot. And I DO like to know what gender stuff I have:) I can SO live without the splash bit, though. Or any other action that - doesn't matter.... Fogging and naming would be two I could manage without. If I can't see it's fogged I must be a bit thicker than I thought; same with naming ! I guess freezing too; you can see if it's frozen...

I support this idea.

I'm an AP stalker.. but I'm also VERY picky about what I keep on my scroll.. so I wind up throwing back the majority of what I catch, so my action log is usually 99% 'you abandoned an egg/hatchling'. I really don't see the point, if I threw it back I didn't want it, so why do I need a record of it?

Of all the BSA actions, the only one I really want a record of is Influence.. and all I'm really interested in is whether I chose male or female.. I don't need to know which dragon did it, just the result.

I'd like to see breeding stats... and trades/gifts. Things like naming, fogging/unfogging, freezing, and killing don't need a record, because they leave a record on your scroll. It's the things that don't leave an obvious result that we need a record of.

Support! I really want this.

There have been a few suggestions like this in This thread, including one of mine, to have it more like the filters on your scroll page.

I would love for some sort of filtering options for the Action Log, no matter what it is.

"abandoned" can be useful when trying to prove that you SO DID NOT abandon when an egg disappears.

Yes, it can be. But it would be a good idea to turn off "show abandonments on action log" before going AP-hunting.

Yes, much support! The only action I really care to track is how I've influenced certain eggs, but that information always rapidly disappears beneath a flood of fogging and abandoning and breeding and naming actions that I don't have any use for tracking.

This. Oh dear god I would love and use the bejeebus out of this.

Definitely want!

Also would like something to be *added* to the Action Log, when it shows you bred two dragons, I'd like it to show if it actually resulted in an egg.

There need to be different versions of actions.

For example, there are two abandon situations, one where it means something and one where it doesn't. Specifically abandon trawling, where you pick up eggs and abandon them right away if you don't like them [and breeding to abandon, but that needs to be a separate option]. It can easily fill up the action log with abandons that you don't care about, but you don't want to completely remove abandons from the log. So you have multiple choices for abandons in action log.

1. All abandons shown.

2. Abandons of eggs from the AP that have been on your scroll less than 10 minutes are not shown [so AP trawling is not shown]

3. Abandons of all eggs that have been on your scroll less than 10 minutes not shown [so breed & abandon abandons aren't shown]

4. Show no abandons.

I'm sure that there are other actions that similarly should have qualifications.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

There need to be different versions of actions.

For example, there are two abandon situations, one where it means something and one where it doesn't. Specifically abandon trawling, where you pick up eggs and abandon them right away if you don't like them [and breeding to abandon, but that needs to be a separate option]. It can easily fill up the action log with abandons that you don't care about, but you don't want to completely remove abandons from the log. So you have multiple choices for abandons in action log.

1. All abandons shown.

2. Abandons of eggs from the AP that have been on your scroll less than 10 minutes are not shown [so AP trawling is not shown]

3. Abandons of all eggs that have been on your scroll less than 10 minutes not shown [so breed & abandon abandons aren't shown]

4. Show no abandons.

I'm sure that there are other actions that similarly should have qualifications.

That essentially means coding filters that cater to every possible playstyle.

At LEAST allow a filter to remove AP trawling. I can see it very quickly filling up the list, but the person not wanting to remove abandoning completely.

*bump*

Has there been any more discussion on this? Maybe behind the sceens? Trying to find that one Influence in a huge list of abandons can be frustrating. The other day I tried to find an Influence and it just wasn't there... I'd been doing a lot of AP hunting and the list of abandons took up the entire log page.

I REALLY don't think naming needs to be up there.