Shokomon

Watching the Market

43 weeks currently if you are around enough to earn your full shards (it's not hard to do, but longer if you are forced to a break)... It may be a bit discouraging for some people to try and save up. I kinda hope there is a cap. ^^°
But on the other hand I won't complain. Started playing in 2008, left and came back every now and then for a few weeks and started to really enjoy playing constantly 2018 around halloween. Saw all the new breeds I had missed and was pretty overwhelmed. Realized, wow there are trades now. Realized how rare some dragons are and thought I'd never get them. Found out we also had a market and could save up for a rare dragon. Would take forever to get a Gold (I think they were around the 4k mark back then) but at least it was possible to get one all by myself without luck, super fast internet connection or generous traders.
Some prices seem weird if you watch trades and what people like to breed and such, but even if it was completely random, it will always be an improvement to not having the market for me. :D
And honestly it's just interesting to watch and try to predict how a new release or event may influence some breed.

Just two changes this week :)

7 Nov 2021 14 Nov 2021 Change in price
Honey Drake 500 400 -100
Pterodactylus maximus 2,100 2,000 -100

4 hours ago, PonyTales said:

It happened, Stats (at 4,400) are the most expensive dragon now, overtaking Magmas (at 4,300 now) 😮 

Wow. Just.... Wow.

4 hours ago, PonyTales said:

It happened, Stats (at 4,400) are the most expensive dragon now, overtaking Magmas (at 4,300 now) 😮 

Pain. The magma barrier has been broken. 😭

How are the market prices calculated? Every now and then I see dragons I thought would be expensive much lower in price, and then we have the Stateraes lol.

17 minutes ago, Aniia said:

How are the market prices calculated? Every now and then I see dragons I thought would be expensive much lower in price, and then we have the Stateraes lol.

That's not really known by users. Originally the idea was basically 1 week for really-commons (100 shards, the lowest) and 6 months for rares (approx 2,400 shards), but prices fluctuate based on over/under population and none of us really knows anything about the internal calculations or anything. Magmas (and now Stats) being so much higher than 'true' rares like Golds kind of throws a wrench into any ideas on how prices are calculated, lol.

2 hours ago, Code_NameUnknown said:

Guess I’ll just never have a staterae. I’ve literally never seen them anywhere except the market lol

I've never seen them in the biomes, but they are up for trade in the hub pretty frequently. And if you have some of the other types of Xenowyrms, they have the ability to (very rarely) breed a Stat (breeding any Xeno can produce any other type of Xeno). 

6 hours ago, Code_NameUnknown said:

Guess I’ll just never have a staterae. I’ve literally never seen them anywhere except the market lol

The prices will plateau eventually, and probably decrease some time after it's sat there awhile, but it's anyone's guess what they'll stop at. Golds were around 4.2k-5k back when the market opened and went up several times after people were able to afford it yet they're down to 2k nowadays. Magmas (and the other trios) are kind of weird in that they're both rare and a BSA so people always want more magmas, keeping the price high, but stats don't have that additional feature so they probably will go down even if it takes ages. Stats have only been around for a year and a half so people haven't had much time to get their fill yet.

tl;dr Don't lose hope, they'll stop going up eventually. Just keep saving your shards for them if you're dead-set on CB stats.

personally, I'm amazed silvers and golds are as low as they are. I expected them to be higher than the papers/cheese - though not as high as dinos, which I haven't seen in the cave in years.

On 11/15/2021 at 6:04 AM, PonyTales said:

The reign of the Magma is over.

All hail the Staterate overloards.

Priceus Maximus.  (lol)

I'm so sorry to anyone who needs to buy one.

Pray we can breed them. 

This week's changes:

14 Nov 2021 21 Nov 2021 Change in price
Copper Dragon 1,400 1,300 -100
Magma Dragon 4,400 4,300 -100
Xenowyrm (Staterae) 4,300 4,400 100

11 hours ago, PonyTales said:

This week's changes:

14 Nov 2021 21 Nov 2021 Change in price
Magma Dragon 4,400 4,300 -100
Xenowyrm (Staterae) 4,300 4,400 100

No mercy yet.

I just want to see when these darn Stat prices start leveling off.

I don't think we had anything go over 5000 that wasn't rare or an Unbreedable, but we may just get there. 

Do we have anything on record that was over 5000 shards?

image.png.9be62769f66970f0e39c70cb460e70ef.pngGreetings, I think the pricing of the Imperial Fleshcrowne Dragons is a typo of 1000 vs intended 100, but maybe it is for the lulz. Not sure if that needs to be reported or not, Cheers!

1 hour ago, Natayah said:

Greetings, I think the pricing of the Imperial Fleshcrowne Dragons is a typo of 1000 vs intended 100, but maybe it is for the lulz. Not sure if that needs to be reported or not, Cheers!

Nope, search this thread for Fleshcrowne and you'll see that's normal. They 'migrate' during a certain point in the year and their price increases substantially (can't remember what other dragon does that, maybe Harvest?). 

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

Nope, search this thread for Fleshcrowne and you'll see that's normal. They 'migrate' during a certain point in the year and their price increases substantially (can't remember what other dragon does that, maybe Harvest?). 

LOL That makes sense! Thanks for the clarification! I was like -is this a lulz or a valid thing for some reason, much appreciated!

18 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Equinox does that. https://dragcave.net/lineage/4OOOl

I understand why Stats are so expensive, because they're supposed to be among the legendary class of rarity (and they look phenomenally amazing imho)  I just happened to be unlucky enough to be just 100 shy of its price every month trying to get another and every week it was just out of reach. My fault for loosing patience and buying another silver to feel a little better. lol.

Added a new part to the spreadsheet - it shows a summary of lowest and highest prices for the time period you selected! 

Let me know what else you'd like to see :) 

@Shokomon you can change the colour of the chart lines by clicking the three dots at the side of the chart -> edit chart -> customise -> series and then selecting the line color you want!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11ulrW1IEbuoVsNhJYWX3vsGJUNFP62P45IcJV8ebYwk/edit#gid=1285941029

uZQZi8I.png

Oof "Priceus Maximus" is right. 😅 Saving up for my second Stat after buying my first from the market, I can see them surpassing the old record set by Chickens as they are in such huge demand it seems. I can't complain much since without the market I wouldn't have any CBs, still crossing my fingers for price drops and price stalls though. Good luck to everyone also chasing the purple dragon. XD

On 11/21/2021 at 8:08 PM, PonyTales said:

@Shokomon Current record is 5,600 held by Chickens! So far, there's data that prices for Papers, Chickens and Magmas have gone above 5k shards

I had honestly forgot Chickens were that high... I was constantly saving for my first chicken for so long... Fortunately for me, prices had dropped by the time I could by it.

On 11/25/2021 at 4:52 AM, PonyTales said:

Added a new part to the spreadsheet - it shows a summary of lowest and highest prices for the time period you selected! 

Let me know what else you'd like to see :) 

@Shokomon you can change the colour of the chart lines by clicking the three dots at the side of the chart -> edit chart -> customise -> series and then selecting the line color you want!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11ulrW1IEbuoVsNhJYWX3vsGJUNFP62P45IcJV8ebYwk/edit#gid=1285941029

Yeah, I actually discovered that a bit ago... Whoops.

On 11/25/2021 at 4:52 AM, PonyTales said:

uZQZi8I.png

Ohhhh!!!

That's really nice! You are good at this!

17 hours ago, Terces said:

Oof "Priceus Maximus" is right. 😅 Saving up for my second Stat after buying my first from the market, I can see them surpassing the old record set by Chickens as they are in such huge demand it seems. I can't complain much since without the market I wouldn't have any CBs, still crossing my fingers for price drops and price stalls though. Good luck to everyone also chasing the purple dragon. XD

Please, no!

Lol

I'm lucky I even got a CB Stat during the original drop. I remember when I found out, I was at the tail end of the surprise drop.

Hopefully, we will be granted mercy soon.

Changes this week:

21 Nov 2021 28 Nov 2021 Change in price
Cheese Dragon 2,200 2,100 -100
Thunder Dragon 3,100 3,000 -100
Diplodocus carnegii 2,000 1,900 -100

I just realized stats are 4500 now! I remember it as 4400 when I last checked (I just reached 4400 today and I thought I could buy one now) well another week of waiting I suppose

Well I just checked and the Nov 21 post in this thread said they were 4400 that week. So it did just changed, facepalm

Edited by Moriaty