Shokomon

Watching the Market

I never heard that before either; what I have seen is this from Piemaster/Pixxelation:

I don't know what TJ or the others who worked on these feel, but as the description writer, I can say that I did one joint description for two reasons: it helps to unify a group of differently-bodied sprites as one breed, and it helps create an air of mystery around them. My personal headcanon is that people know these guys exist, but don't really make direct contact with them enough to know specifics about the individual varieties' behavioral habits, and fleshing out distinct personalities for each variety would run contra to that.

and that the concept was from Marrionetta.

I can't see anything any of them has said anywhere that would make it impossible for each of them to be available SEPARATELY in the market, except the bolded bit. That would suggest to me that if they WERE ever in the market, you'd have to accept getting a random one.

Posted (edited)

Good Lord. Staterae are 2800 shards. 🤪 Not sure when that happened. I haven’t been paying much attention to their price—I see they were recently 2600 shards. Methinks that is a bit much ... as in a LOT too much! alotalotalot

Meanwhile, Golds are 1900 shards, while a Magma goes for 4800 (LOL) and a Nexus for 1600. XD

Guess I will hope the price for Stats drops to something reasonable one day ...

(ETA: Yep, I used the “a lot” hippos on purpose, since they seem to fit the subject matter :lol:)

Edited by missy_

On 4/10/2021 at 1:45 PM, missy_ said:

Good Lord. Staterae are 2800 shards. 🤪 Not sure when that happened. I haven’t been paying much attention to their price—I see they were recently 2600 shards. Methinks that is a bit much ... as in a LOT too much! alotalotalot

Meanwhile, Golds are 1900 shards, while a Magma goes for 4800 (LOL) and a Nexus for 1600. XD

Yeah, I've been slowly grinding away because I wasn't here when Stateraes dropped, but it feels like I'm treading water sometimes! I got lucky because it paused for a week, but I'm hoping that it's not about to start creeping up again week by week.

On 4/10/2021 at 10:45 PM, missy_ said:

It certainly seems like whenever I have exactly enough shards, they go up another 100 shards. I finally have 2700 shards, now they're 2800. This has been happening steadily. Almost as if the game knows when I've got the price together and then simply ups the price another 100 shards... >.>  I was there for the drop, but never got one. And since then I haven't seen a single Stat in the cave. >.>