Shokomon

Watching the Market

The prices are now kind of weird - dinosaurs now cost 300, cheeses are more expensive than golds, and golds/coppers are 700. I've taken the opportunity to buy a CB gold...

27 minutes ago, Terces said:

While I really want to buy some Golds right now, this seems like a glitch to me? The site was behaving really weirdly for me just before the market changed and I'm not certain the changes were intentional. This seems like it will flood the market with CB Golds/Silvers which will alter the ratios and @TJ09 is pretty careful about that sort of thing. If it's not intentional all the stuff people bought may go poof when he fixes it, maybe along with shards that were spent.

Hopefully TJ weighs in on this cause this situation is very strange. :blink:

I am also a little suspicious.  I want to pick up a gold, but I don't want to lose it if this was unintentional.  It's a huge change for him not to have commented on it.

Edit:  Though remember Market dragons cannot be traded, so it's not  like they'll be turning up in the Hub.

Edited by Gryphonic

It just started happening around an hour ago- give TJ sometime and he may respond when he's awake.

Same here, I could not resist. If they poof, I will be dissapointed, but there isn't really eanything else I want from market.

2 hours ago, Terces said:

While I really want to buy some Golds right now, this seems like a glitch to me? The site was behaving really weirdly for me just before the market changed and I'm not certain the changes were intentional. This seems like it will flood the market with CB Golds/Silvers which will alter the ratios and @TJ09 is pretty careful about that sort of thing. If it's not intentional all the stuff people bought may go poof when he fixes it, maybe along with shards that were spent.

Hopefully TJ weighs in on this cause this situation is very strange. :blink:

Well, took a chance anyway.

Just wanted to ask if this was a glitch... but, oh well, it sure is nice for people (if they get to keep what they've bought while the prices are down) :)

Not going to buy stuff myself because I'm not suuuper interested in market eggs (plus, I don't have all that many shards yet) and there might still be the slightest chance that we get Tinsels and Shimmers in there at some point 🙃

Didn't realize you can't trade them and bought a Gold. Which I don't need. XD 

Noooooooooooo, I didn't realise that you have to wait 5 hours to abandon Market eggs!  😧

2 minutes ago, Amazon_warrior said:

Noooooooooooo, I didn't realise that you have to wait 5 hours to abandon Market eggs!  😧

Funny story: I didn't even know you could abandon them until - one day - I caught a blue Siyat hatchie on the AP (which was from a market egg)... :o

5 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Why would you buy and then abandon ?

I have reasons! ;)

@Soulsborne - same!  I have a couple of Market Siyats too, caught as hatchies - amusingly, they are the same colour but opposite genders, so they're now a mated pair.  :)

Wooh what?

What happened?

*checks market*

The heck?

Why is everything so cheap?

Glitch or not, the time to buy is now!

Now to save the proof.

Gallus gallus domesticus

Parasaurolophus cyrtocristatus

Pterodactylus maximus

Stegosaurus stenops

Triceratops horridus

Edited by Shokomon
Deleting the buys to prevent accidental buying

I had to take a screenshot of the whole Market, this is pretty interesting. I hope it's for real, though I'm not sure if I should buy anything or wait for official word. Look at that, Nebulas are more expensive then Dinos and Golds!

If the commons were down to 10 or something, I'd think it's permanent, but the fact that only the expensive stuff dropped makes me think it's a glitch.  I could dump some eggs and buy, but I'm worried about "exploiting a glitch."

27 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I had to take a screenshot of the whole Market, this is pretty interesting. I hope it's for real, though I'm not sure if I should buy anything or wait for official word. Look at that, Nebulas are more expensive then Dinos and Golds!

Could you post it here? 

Screenshots are always better proof.

Link to screenshot Hopefully that works, the image file was way too big to post (clicking the image will show it bigger)

Edited by HeatherMarie

I can't figure out how to embed this in my post, so enjoy slightly better "proof" of broken prices.

Golden Wyverns are also more expensive than golds. Coupled with the nebula thing, this makes it seem non-intentional, but how this could happen by accident I have no idea. Perhaps it's the ratios being messed up either by a holiday or just some yearly rollover.

EDIT: Someone theorized that this was due to stuff not being picked up during Halloween. I consider this unlikely, since golds would basically always be taken and it didn't occur right after/during Halloween. Maybe price updates are delayed? This would explain the second issue with it at least.

asfasfgasg.png

Edited by osmarks

Ok now you're scaring me. I thought it was because of some change in the ratios or something due to the increase in Halloween (it's the first holiday since the beginningof the market), I honestly didn't think of a glitch... 😅 I don't want to lose the eggs I bought or the shards, but I mostly don't want to be accused of cheating or something... 😕

Just now, relaks said:

Ok now you're scaring me. I thought it was because of some change in the ratios or something due to the increase in Halloween (it's the first holiday since the beginningof the market), I honestly didn't think of a glitch... 😅 I don't want to lose the eggs I bought or the shards, but I mostly don't want to be accused of cheating or something... 😕

It would be ridiculous to punish people for using a possibly-intentional-but-possibly-not change in pricing.

Hopefully if it was a bug, does get reverted and cheaply bought eggs are removed we'd at least get our shards back...