Shokomon

Watching the Market

On 1/20/2019 at 9:39 PM, Shokomon said:

Because I'm a forgetful bum, prices update for this week!

DC Market Prices as of 2019-03-10

Technically it's the same link as the older one, but I updated the PDF with a new version.

Anyone notice any weirdness in the markets?

Updated prices!

And...yikes.

16 hours ago, relaks said:

1306815608_Capturadepantalla2019-03-10alas11_10_14.png.db65869307e47f5641a8ab4562c87935.png

Well, it seems the CB Gold is getting farther and farther away from me. I'm kinda frustrated, actually. I understand that's how market prices work, but at this point it seems I'll never be able to catch up on those weeks I wasn't able to play (because, hey, I was busy!) and it seems a little unfair I have to pay 400+ shards more than other people for the same egg. 😕 I just hope I'll get there one day. 

Looks like the price for Gold went back too its beginning price back when the market was first introduced...

3 hours ago, GhostMouse said:

It's down to 4,000 now! I wish I'd grabbed mine last week when they were 3,900 but I'm going to sacrifice a slot for the new release and go for it before it goes any higher. I'm tempted to wait to see if it goes down again but don't want to risk it going back UP!

At least it went down a bit.

Looks like the rares are getting rarer...which is expected really...

It still sucks though.

Blancblacks and Aqualises have been added to the market. Blancs cost 200 shards and Aqualises cost 100.

At this moment I'm still two weeks away from a market Gold unless their prices jump up again, but by god am I tempted to buy a ton of Blancs because they're so gorgeous! :wub:

And Golds have gone up to 4,100 again. Just when I thought I'd finally be done with the things. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Sazandora said:

And Golds have gone up to 4,100 again. Just when I thought I'd finally be done with the things. :rolleyes:

I know. Awhile ago, I was sitting here thinking "This is it! This is the week I finally get a CB Gold!" and then I check the prices and I can't afford it. AHHHHHHHHH! That is so frustrating. I want to start saving up for something ELSE for once. I hoard Black Teas, and I could buy SO MANY with all of what I'm saving for a CB Gold.

I will also join the group of people sad over market prices as the cost of Chickens have gone up to 5,000 shards.

Weh.

Edit: Finally, after fighting with my computer, the market prices pdf has been updated!

DC Market Prices as of 2019-03-24

Technically it's the same link as the older one, but I updated the PDF with a new version.

Now be sad as the prices of rare things goes up.

Edited by Shokomon

Very sad to see Xenowyrms have gone up in price. Was about to buy two this week 😧

Why are silvers cheaper than chickens? I've caught many chickens but haven't seen a silver in months. I am also sad about the Xeno increase. I love CB Gaias and can't catch them. The market was my last chance at finishing a Gaia lineage (and a few really nice people who have donated lovely Gaias to me, thank you all). I only need like 5ish more Gaias...and now I have to save up for months after I finally get my CB Gold next week (if the price doesn't increase AGAIN just to spite me).

On 3/25/2019 at 10:51 AM, Suzumiya said:

Why are silvers cheaper than chickens? I've caught many chickens but haven't seen a silver in months. I am also sad about the Xeno increase. I love CB Gaias and can't catch them. The market was my last chance at finishing a Gaia lineage (and a few really nice people who have donated lovely Gaias to me, thank you all). I only need like 5ish more Gaias...and now I have to save up for months after I finally get my CB Gold next week (if the price doesn't increase AGAIN just to spite me).

Ain't that the question?

Though, I feel like I never seen a chicken in the cave, while I have at least seen one silver once. (Granted I don't hunt very much.) 

DC Market Prices as of 2019-03-31

PDF updated!

Prices for chickens are back to 4900. Yay.

From what I understand, unbreedables in general are priced so high because, compared to *any* breedable dragon, they are more rare. DC doesn't differentiate between bred/CB, so while CB Silvers are fairly rare, Silvers in *general* are apparently more abundant then Chickens. (This is just how I understand it, I may be wrong...)

I think you're right; I spent many silly hours thinking that one through :)

I also think that golds will slide down in value again, after the first flush of thank god I got there people with enough shards is over !

On 3/31/2019 at 11:17 PM, HeatherMarie said:

From what I understand, unbreedables in general are priced so high because, compared to *any* breedable dragon, they are more rare. DC doesn't differentiate between bred/CB, so while CB Silvers are fairly rare, Silvers in *general* are apparently more abundant then Chickens. (This is just how I understand it, I may be wrong...)

That make sense.

Also,

DC Market Prices as of 2019-04-07

Updated the PDF!

I actually got Sunday prices up. I just forgot to upload it yesterday.

Anyone else notice anything?

It's going to take forever to get a chicken...

2 hours ago, Shokomon said:

That make sense.

Also,

Updated the PDF!

I actually got Sunday prices up. I just forgot to upload it yesterday.

Anyone else notice anything?

It's going to take forever to get a chicken...

If you really really love chickens, I'll keep you in mind. The little featherballs aren't too hard for me to catch...and yet I can't catch a CB Xeno of any type. Weird. Chickens are actually the ONLY unbreedable I can catch with some regularity. :(

26 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

If you really really love chickens, I'll keep you in mind. The little featherballs aren't too hard for me to catch...and yet I can't catch a CB Xeno of any type. Weird. Chickens are actually the ONLY unbreedable I can catch with some regularity. :(

Really? I feel like I've see Xenos more than I've seen a chicken (though once or twice in the past several months is not that much more than zero.) I'll keep an eye out for you too! 

And It's not really that I love chickens...It's more like I don't have even one...XD

Maybe you can trade a chicken you've caught for a CB gold? 

I'm still gonna try and save some... You got a gold from the market, right?

2 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Really? I feel like I've see Xenos more than I've seen a chicken (though once or twice in the past several months is not that much more than zero.) I'll keep an eye out for you too! 

And It's not really that I love chickens...It's more like I don't have even one...XD

Maybe you can trade a chicken you've caught for a CB gold? 

I'm still gonna try and save some... You got a gold from the market, right?

Yeah! Finally got a Gold last week! I was so proud of myself. Haha. 

I've tried trading up to 3 chicken hatchlings for a CB Gold. Nope. They either want a 2G Prize or a 2G SA. I can never provide an SA, and my tinsel had already bred so all the CB Gold trades were...no luck. I couldn't even get a SILVER! That's why I don't really understand the whole "chickens cost more than silvers" thing. I know it has to do with one being breedable and the other not, but...I still can BARELY understand it.

21 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

Yeah! Finally got a Gold last week! I was so proud of myself. Haha. 

I've tried trading up to 3 chicken hatchlings for a CB Gold. Nope. They either want a 2G Prize or a 2G SA. I can never provide an SA, and my tinsel had already bred so all the CB Gold trades were...no luck. I couldn't even get a SILVER! That's why I don't really understand the whole "chickens cost more than silvers" thing. I know it has to do with one being breedable and the other not, but...I still can BARELY understand it.

Dang. I thought someone would trade for a bunch of chickens.

People really like their shinies...

Maybe if you made a trade yourself listing CB Metals in your wants? Idk...  Might get a bunch of coppers though..

But yeah Gold! Finally!

9 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Dang. I thought someone would trade for a bunch of chickens.

People really like their shinies...

Maybe if you made a trade yourself listing CB Metals in your wants? Idk...  Might get a bunch of coppers though..

But yeah Gold! Finally!

I would totally accept a bunch of coppers, provided they were green or red. I have too many brown ones. I just kind of...gave up...on a CB Gold that's REALLY CB. A market Gold is a huge accomplishment for me. I worked hard for that! I bred a ton of random Xenos to hit the mark last week! 

I also used to be able to catch a Dino a day, but they've certainly became rarer. I've seen more CB Silvers lately. That's a pity because Dinos traded well.

5 hours ago, Suzumiya said:

I would totally accept a bunch of coppers, provided they were green or red. I have too many brown ones. I just kind of...gave up...on a CB Gold that's REALLY CB. A market Gold is a huge accomplishment for me. I worked hard for that! I bred a ton of random Xenos to hit the mark last week! 

I also used to be able to catch a Dino a day, but they've certainly became rarer. I've seen more CB Silvers lately. That's a pity because Dinos traded well.

You have a prize and still do not have a cb gold from cave?  You should be able to get iou trades with a prize. 

11 hours ago, osean said:

You have a prize and still do not have a cb gold from cave?  You should be able to get iou trades with a prize. 

I could, but I don't want to be one of those "metals only" prize owners. I WANTED a CB Gold, but I don't LOVE them like I do Xenos, Black Teas, Blacktips, Monarchs, and Silvers. I REALLY wanted one for scroll completion and so that my single female could have a mate. I DID have one, but she was it. I didn't even catch her. She was a gift. A very generous gift. I was really proud of being able to get a CB Gold (well, Market Gold) on my own. I would love to actually catch my own CB gold. I would feel like I actually DID something, even if I ended up trading it away. It would still mean I caught one! And that would just be super special to me! Weird, I know!

And @Shokomon I seriously wasn't kidding about the chicken thing. Shortly after I replied, I actually got another chicken. I really do wish CB Silvers were just as common! I love CB silvers to death!

14 hours ago, Suzumiya said:

I could, but I don't want to be one of those "metals only" prize owners. I WANTED a CB Gold, but I don't LOVE them like I do Xenos, Black Teas, Blacktips, Monarchs, and Silvers. I REALLY wanted one for scroll completion and so that my single female could have a mate. I DID have one, but she was it. I didn't even catch her. She was a gift. A very generous gift. I was really proud of being able to get a CB Gold (well, Market Gold) on my own. I would love to actually catch my own CB gold. I would feel like I actually DID something, even if I ended up trading it away. It would still mean I caught one! And that would just be super special to me! Weird, I know!

And @Shokomon I seriously wasn't kidding about the chicken thing. Shortly after I replied, I actually got another chicken. I really do wish CB Silvers were just as common! I love CB silvers to death!

Wow, really?

Man, I wish I was that lucky with anything.

DC Market Prices as of 2019-04-22

PDF updated!

Any more market funny business?

Now, I gotta figure out what I wanna get, since some nice person *coughSuzumiyacough* gave me a chicken.

Probably one of the other 3 dinos I don't have yet. 

DC Market Prices as of 2019-04-28

PDF updated!

Chickens are now 5,000 shards.

I'm so glad someone was nice enough to give me one! (Thank you!)

'Cause there's no way I can afford that for a good while...

Meanwhile, Golds are at 4,200 shards and Silvers are at 3,100 shards.

Good luck y'all.

We need in forum symbol for shards...

Maybe 💠 or 💎?

Idk

11 hours ago, Shokomon said:

PDF updated!

Chickens are now 5,000 shards.

I'm so glad someone was nice enough to give me one! (Thank you!)

'Cause there's no way I can afford that for a good while...

Meanwhile, Golds are at 4,200 shards and Silvers are at 3,100 shards.

Good luck y'all.

We need in forum symbol for shards...

Maybe 💠 or 💎?

Idk

Chickens are SERIOUSLY that expensive? Wow. I literally just caught another one. O.o

Scripts are 200 shards....that's not too bad, but it's bad when you only have 400 shards total. And Ridgewings...I just want a couple more Tans...and all that's up there is Purple to buy. Just noticed Xenos are 500 shards. OMG. I remember when they were like 200. I wish I had stocked up on Gaias.

56 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

Chickens are SERIOUSLY that expensive? Wow. I literally just caught another one. O.o

Scripts are 200 shards....that's not too bad, but it's bad when you only have 400 shards total. And Ridgewings...I just want a couple more Tans...and all that's up there is Purple to buy. Just noticed Xenos are 500 shards. OMG. I remember when they were like 200. I wish I had stocked up on Gaias.

Yup, lol.

Chickens seem to love you. 

I didn't notice Tan Ridewings weren't on their. Huh... I wonder why.

Xenos are still cheaper than Aeons which are at 1200 💎 ...1200 💠... 1200 shards. 

I really need a better symbol.

Lemme actually go through and pick out some interesting dragon prices:

Spoiler

BSA Dragons

AEON WYVERN

BOLT DRAGON

GREEN DRAGON

MAGI DRAGON

PINK DRAGON

PURPLE DRAGON

RED DRAGON

WHITE DRAGON

Dragons of Note

BLUSANG LINDWYRM

COPPER DRAGON (All)

GILDED BLOODSCALE DRAGON

GOLD DRAGON

GOLDEN WYVERN

ICE DRAGON

MAGMA DRAGON

NEBULA DRAGON

NEXUS DRAGON

PYRALSPITE DRAGON (All)

SILVER DRAGON

THUNDER DRAGON

XENOWYRM (All)

Non-Dragons

CHEESE DRAGON

PAPER DRAGON

DIPLODOCUS CARNEGII

GALLUS GALLUS DOMESTICUS

PARASAUROLOPHUS CYRTOCRISTATUS

PTERODACTYLUS MAXIMUS

STEGOSAURUS STENOPS

TRICERATOPS HORRIDUS

Magma Dragons are more expensive than Golds.

Huh...

DC Market Prices as of 2019-05-13

Updated prices from today instead of yesterday, because I forgot...again...twice in a row. Dangit.

Mariners and Sky Silks are now in the market!

And also, Chickens are 4900 shards again, while Golds are 4200 shards.

Expensive eggs are expensive.

DC Market Prices as of 2019-05-20

PDF Updated! (It's yesterday's prices. I just forgot to upload it yesterday.)

Anyone notice any changes?

Edited by Shokomon