Shokomon

Watching the Market

I figured it was too good to be true. I took a screenshot of the two Dinos I bought though, so at least that picture remains. I'm glad TJ refunded the shards we spent at least (and what he said in the News post definitely makes sense, it wouldn't be fair for us to keep them when only a small portion of users were keen to this mistake).

Well, I had hope for a few hours ... 😢

Now to save shards again until I can buy a Silver.

I'm kinda irritated because I sent a Spessartine to the AP to have an eggslot for this, but I guess I have myself to blame alone. 😕

:( It was nice to have three CB Gold eggs on my scroll, even for less than an hour... I dumped some Halloween hatchies to get them, but oh well... Back to the AP wall, I guess.

For me, the worst part is the three pinks I used on the dumped eggs and the three pinks I used on the ones I bought--6 pinks is a huge dent on the my supply.  Ah, well, should have waited before influencing--if it seems too good to be true, it probably is!

TJ said since it only affected some time zones, he had to roll it back.  But I have a solution--let it run a full 24 hours!  :P

I know that won't happen, but a dragon collector can dream!

6 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

TJ said since it only affected some time zones, he had to roll it back.  But I have a solution--let it run a full 24 hours!  :P

Yeah, like he cares that much about different time zones when new releases only drop for a few hours before they start to mix with older breeds 🙄

16 minutes ago, relaks said:

Yeah, like he cares that much about different time zones when new releases only drop for a few hours before they start to mix with older breeds 🙄

i was thinking it too, lol. 

50 minutes ago, Sazandora said:

Bah. It's back to all the best players of this game hoarding all the CB Golds so that us less lucky catchers get **** none of them. Thanks a lot, TJ! :rolleyes:

As if I needed any more reason to keep on disliking Golds...

I don't really get this statement. 

There is a limit for the coins anyone can earn per week, and this limit of 100 coins is very, very easily achieved. I'm usually done by wednesday.

So absolutely everyone has equal chances of buying a CB Gold from the market.

Just have patience and collect the coins.

Patience is a cool thing to have on DC.

It brought me to my overall scroll goals. Took seven years, but I got there, and I'm certainly not among the best players.

Edited by Gluria

Enough of that. While the situation is somewhat disappointing, there's no need to take frustrations out on each other.

Back on topic please. This thread is for monitoring market prices.

Boy I'm glad I didn't notice the Market acting up. If I finally had the chance to get a Gold just to have it taken away because of a dumb glitch, I'd be incredibly irritated. It's already annoying enough trying to save up for one. 

Well, I'm pretty bummed. At the end of working over 60 hours this week, the one bright spot was that I dumped a CB Grave in favor of a CB Gold. In ten years I've never seen a Gold in the cave, so even getting one from the Market was kind of a big deal to me. Now the Gold and the Grave are gone, I guess that'll teach me to get my hopes up.

I get the timezone thing, but I feel like there had to be a better solution than getting rid of already-purchased eggs, like maybe extending the glitch and announcing it for a limited time so everyone had a chance to buy something? I spent every free moment at work today trying to decide on a lineage for my first ever CB Gold. It feels pretty awful to have that just taken away.

EDIT: Did the gold dip in price by a tiny bit? Last time I looked I think it cost 4000 shards. Not that I'm much closer to getting one heh.

Edited by Twimm

1 hour ago, Twimm said:

I get the timezone thing, but I feel like there had to be a better solution than getting rid of already-purchased eggs, like maybe extending the glitch and announcing it for a limited time so everyone had a chance to buy something? I spent every free moment at work today trying to decide on a lineage for my first ever CB Gold. It feels pretty awful to have that just taken away.

Yeah--I thought of that, too.  Why not just let it run 24 hours?  We have limited slots--it's not like anyone could buy 100 of them or anything.  Would have been a nice gesture.

Well, letting people suddenly gain a ton of Golds—presumably ones that would be bred—would impact ratios and user-to-user value pretty strongly. It was an impactful glitch and I would have been very surprised if it wasn’t reversed.

That being said, I am sorry for everyone here. The market is an improvement over the previous situation, no kidding, but I still think the rarest caveborns are too rare in a game that’s not mean to to be played in more than a few minute spurts at a time. :(

I can’t bring your golds back, but for anyone who would find it useful—anyone who posted here between this post and the start of the glitch, I can give you three tries of me breeding a 2g metal of your choice of pairing. No guarantees they’ll produce (I’d be here forever!), but there’s always a chance...

3 hours ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Yeah--I thought of that, too.  Why not just let it run 24 hours?  We have limited slots--it's not like anyone could buy 100 of them or anything.  Would have been a nice gesture.

Because we'd be back to that awful time when there was a glitch, golds were easy to catch in the cave, and for YEARS afterwards there were almost none for anyone :( I speak as one who bought three yesterday. Such is life. I kind of expected to lose them, to  be honest.

Yeah I saw the prices and jumped at the chance to get a CB gold male. Was pretty bummed to see it gone this morning, but, it makes sense. As much as it sucks to lose it, at least the shards got refunded and I can still save up toward the goal of getting a non-glitch egg. 

And yeah, the affect on the ratios would probably have been disastrous. I'm kinda glad they all got reversed, because I can't imagine what kind of fallout would have come from the screw up of the ratios + not everyone gets a chance at them. 

Imo new releases are a little different than a super desirable egg that is always available for purchase in a market that suddenly goes on super sale for a short period of time. It would be nice if we had a planned day for releases again tho so that people in different time zones can prepare for it. 

Current Prices for the Market as of Sunday, November 11, 2018: Link

@Fjord: Are you still doing the spreadsheet?

Not at the moment, but today marks the first day people can legitimately buy golds in market so we'll see in a week.

Just now, Shadowdrake said:

Not at the moment, but today marks the first day people can legitimately buy golds in market so we'll see in a week.

Wait really> 

Has it been that long?

What are the prices of Golds again? 

*checks* 3,700 shards...and we earn at max 100 shards a week.

Has it really been 37 weeks since the market has been up?

You could have given birth to a full term baby in that time...

I still have to wait a few more weeks to get my first CB Gold since I've been buying other things from the market, like when the Xenos were first released in there I just had to grab a Gaia Xeno because the price for them was so ridiculously low. I also bought a CB Siyat or two because I'm hopelessly obsessed with them. :D But my friend bought his very first CB Silver from the market a few weeks ago. It's pretty crazy to think that people are finally getting their market Golds.

It will be interesting to see whether the Gold prices change once people start to buy them. I'm not sure how many people were dedicated enough to save all their shards from the beginning to be able to buy one this week. It is a long time!

And there we have your answer - the price has started to rise. Up to 3800 already. I imagine I will not be managing to get one after all :( (I lost a week of shards while travelling.) And there I had several that day the price glitched :D