Helel

ANSWERED:Leodon Sprite Missing

My adults are missing too. Was just coming here to post about it. Names and stats still there, just no sprite image on any page. 

Edited by wbmorgan

It's not just you. The same thing has happened to my Leodon. I checked the news thread and TJ's adult Leodon (female) is missing its image as well. This seems to be a bug with the site and will hopefully be resolved soon.

Edited by StormWizard212
Oops, a bit too slow. Hopefully this will be resolved soon, though!

1 minute ago, StormWizard212 said:

It's not just you. The same thing has happened to my Leodon. I checked the news thread and if you go to TJ's adult Leodon (female) the image is missing as well. This seems to be a bug with the site and will hopefully be resolved soon.

Ah, I see, thanks!

Oh weird that TJ's is now missing. I went there to check first and it was still there. Bizarre!

6 hours ago, wbmorgan said:

Oh weird that TJ's is now missing. I went there to check first and it was still there. Bizarre!

The image shows up in the thread, but when you actually click to the view page, it doesn't show up. This might be something that TJ needs to look into when he's around. :)

Edited by StormWizard212

6 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

The image shows up in the thread, but when you actually click to the view page, it doesn't show up. This might be something that @TJ09 needs to look into when he's around. :)

Yeah, I just found that out. Oh well. I'm sure he'll fix it soon enough. 

ETA--- I turned my Avast adblocker off and the sprites show up again. Everything is fine using AOL's browser. 

Edited by wbmorgan

2 hours ago, wbmorgan said:

Yeah, I just found that out. Oh well. I'm sure he'll fix it soon enough. 

ETA--- I turned my Avast adblocker off and the sprites show up again. Everything is fine using AOL's browser. 

I had Ad-Block on by accident; changed settings so it wouldn't run on DC sites and all was well. Still, a coding issue. 

This happens every now and then, when the randomly generated name of an image contains the letters "ad", causing it to get blocked by adblockers. It's not a coding mistake since I doubt TJ wants adblockers to work. ;)

TJ did recently mention that he won't code around some adblocker's quirks.

This happens often. It was probably noticed more this time because it happened to one of the new release dragons. The image filenames for dragons rotate (every few hours,I think). When one comes up that contains "ad" it will get blocked by some adblockers. The image will disappear until the filename changes again. I'm betting that by now the Leodons are showing up again. If not, they soon will.

In that case, @Helel have you tried turning of adblockers to see if the sprites will load? :)

10 hours ago, StormWizard212 said:

In that case, @Helel have you tried turning of adblockers to see if the sprites will load? :)

No, I did not. But at the moment everything is fine - I can see it's sprite (with and without uBlock Origin).

Edited by Helel

2 hours ago, Helel said:

No, I did not. But at the moment everything is fine - I can see it's sprite (with and without uBlock Origin).

That almost certainly points to it being an adblocker issue with the filename, which went away when the filename rotated to something "acceptable". ;)

7 hours ago, purplehaze said:

That almost certainly points to it being an adblocker issue with the filename, which went away when the filename rotated to something "acceptable". ;)

Probably, but it's a first time I encountered this issue.

You really are lucky... Ii happens so often - but I guess it was particularly obvious when it was a new breed. :lol:

That was my thought, Fuzz, as I said earlier in this thread. If it happens to a breed that is buried way down your scroll you may never notice it because it only lasts a few hours. But it is such a frequent question in this forum that I know it happens a lot.