HowlStar

ANSWERED:hidden eggs still dying?

hello !! i've been on dragcave for quite a while and am no stranger to hatching eggs, raising hatchlings, and the occasional issue of said eggs and hatchlings becoming sick. i've recently picked the game back up again and acquired some new eggs to hatch and did my typical hatching process, involving putting them on a few click sites and checking on them fairly often to make sure they dont die. in the time ive played, i've very rarely had eggs die of sickness since i hide them whenever i get the sickness notification and leave them hidden until they are no longer sick (the only time they DO die is when i forget to check. other than that, if theyre hidden, they usually get over the sickness and eventually hatch)

however, despite using this typically very successful process, i've just had two eggs die of sickness (in two separate cases) despite being hidden? ive never had this happen; usually after hiding the egg, it takes a bit for the sickness to clear but they've never died while fogged before. is this a glitch? or has the effect of sickness and the hide function changed somehow?

thank you in advance !! i apologize if this is unclear; if you need a better explanation, please let me know!

Eggs can die while fogged, if they're 'too far gone'/have too many views. Fogging doesn't immediately mean they're cured or can't die, it just prevents them from getting any MORE views if that makes sense.

I would suggest waiting a few days after you pick up an egg to begin adding it to fansites. You can also use the BSA Ward to protect sick eggs from dying after you fog them.

They've always been able to die while hidden. Maybe if this is being a problem, you could ward them as well ?

I have to say hiding when sick and letting them out again as soon as they aren't is not the way I've found to work; if mine get sick I hide them for AT LEAST 24 hours no matter what - and if they stay sick that long, for 48. Otherwise in my inexpedience they get sick again in short order.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

alright, thanks !! ive fogged them like that for a while and have just gotten lucky until now i guess lol.

thanks again !!!