DragonLady86

Unlocking new features

What exactly has to be unlocked for something to be in the market (or trade hub?)  because I can see everything in the market and nothing is locked.  The trade hub is missing blue, yellow and green dinos for me.  Yellow and blue dinos are two of the breeds for which I don't have the egg sprite unlocked (can't check for others because their not currently available such as winter seasonals), but the green dino is fully unlocked.  It doesn't seem to be very consistent.  Which is likely why so many are confused. 

Found this in the news, For this individual, 3 eggs were locked in the market:

Just clicking on the encyclopedia page (not on any individual dragons), the 3 I am missing are not greyed out. I have many others that are grey (but still clickable, just missing adult sprites for most I think) and I can buy those in the market. For the Glorydrake, I am just missing the hatchling stages. For Gold, I am missing the egg stage. As for the Seasonals, Autumn is complete but the other seasons are missing egg stage. It would seem I just need to do some clicking around to resolve it, but I was very confused at first because I knew I had those breeds!

So, 2 missing eggs and one with eggs but missing hatchlings. 

My encyclopedia is all over the place

Edited by DragonLady86
added more info

Supposedly, you need to unlock the breed name on a given breed's individual view pages.

That's 1 owned/5 observed for eggs, 2 owned/10 observed for hatchlings stage 1 and stage 2 (separately), and 3 owned/15 observed for adults. For each colour if there is more than one for the breed (like Coppers), but not each gender.

Quote from TJ

The same criteria for name unlocking should apply generally across anywhere encyclopedia names are used. If that's not the case (i.e. market names, trading hub search form and view pages for eggs don't all agree), then that's a bug which should be reported in Help.

That being said, the system is a little new so there are bound to be bugs. For the market, I've found observing one egg will unlock the breed for purchase. As for the trading hub, I went and unlocked all the info on the Ice Dragon this morning in order to try and unlock the breed filter, I've now unlocked all the info and I still cannot search for Ice Dragons. I'm curious if anyone has "unlocked" any searches since the feature went live. If not this might just be bugged.

It is a bug and I have the same issue.

What should happen is that you have to had at least observed one egg from the breed of dragon before you can BUY it in the Market or SEARCH for it in the Trading Hub.

Until you have clicked on one egg, either your own or someone else's, you cannot access the breed in the market or trading. 

That whoever is not the case for me and others apparently.

As of now I have unlocked chickens and a few dinos in the Market:

685500524_Capture_2018-05-23-09-51-42.thumb.png.309deea3edba259f1d5a15ea6a8c550d.png

But I still can't search for them in the Hub:

284716597_TradingHub-NoChickensorDinos.PNG.21ecc99550ec5205f7c9d53f3fb0d7fd.PNG

So, yes it is a bug.

And more proof from my encyclopedia that I have unlocked the eggs.

1496698326_Capture_2018-05-23-09-57-10.thumb.png.e65a04193c876d8e922a3647a58ed127.png 74417723_Capture_2018-05-23-09-56-48.thumb.png.d6f1c2eb400ce24440ac1600d1d570f1.png 459844327_Capture_2018-05-23-09-56-36.thumb.png.07a4c87548814425566ae18452133624.png 938335430_Capture_2018-05-23-09-56-04.thumb.png.dbabff8a2eaf5377a58afc3c36acc9de.png

6 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

What should happen is that you have to had at least observed one egg from the breed of dragon before you can BUY it in the Market or SEARCH for it in the Trading Hub.

Why do you think it's one egg observed? I'm somewhat sure the whole sprite needs to be unlocked before the name shows up on the view page. That 1 owned or 5 observed.

(DragonLady's non-unlock is clearly glitched - I had the same happen to me with Coppers, and it happens on occassion with other people and other sprites.)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I'm experiencing some inconsistency between breeds unlocked in the market and in the trading hub. I have unlocked at least eggs for all Dinos in the encyclopedia and all are available in the market, however I cannot access yellow Dinos in the trading drop down menu. It sounds like these two features should work the same so there shouldn't be that inconsistency, either. 

Hopefully this will be looked into soon and any problems will be ironed out. :) 

Out of curiosity did you guys unlock all your sprites before or after the feature went live?

I've unlocked the full Encyclopedia page for two other dragons and I can't search either of them, so I wonder if the bug is specifically in unlocking new breeds to search?

9 minutes ago, Aviatus said:

Out of curiosity did you guys unlock all your sprites before or after the feature went live?

I've unlocked the full Encyclopedia page for two other dragons and I can't search either of them, so I wonder if the bug is specifically in unlocking new breeds to search?

I haven't even attempted to unlock new stuff, this is what I already had unlocked.

Hmm, are Neglected dragons supposed to be in the Trade hub?  I know they are not in the market.  If so, they are the only other breed I can find that I can see on the list.  and one of the breeds I don't have the egg image for. 

Edited by DragonLady86

Welp there goes that theory, guess we'll just have to wait on an update then

52 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Why do you think it's one egg observed? I'm somewhat sure the whole sprite needs to be unlocked before the name shows up on the view page. That 1 owned or 5 observed.

(DragonLady's non-unlock is clearly glitched - I had the same happen to me with Coppers, and it happens on occassion with other people and other sprites.)

Because before on the 1st day the market had been introduced, I didn't have acces to any dinos or chickens. And the only thing I hadn't done was click eggs. I had clicked adults and hatchlings, but I hadn't touched even one egg after the establishment of the encyclopedia.

Now I have access to the chickens, red dinos, blue dinos, and green dinos. The only thing that changed was that I saw those eggs in the training hub and clicked them.

Check your encyclopedia. See if anything you don't have access to in the market has NO egg observations in the encyclopedia. Then, find one egg (on a hatchery or scroll) and click it. And then check the market.

15 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Check your encyclopedia. See if anything you don't have access to in the market has NO egg observations in the encyclopedia. Then, find one egg (on a hatchery or scroll) and click it. And then check the market.

Fruitless. All unlocked. I'm pretty active, you know, all over the place from uncommons to rares.

NOT available are hybrids, holidays, Baikalas and Coppers (biome-dependent), Fire Gems (time-dependent), Glory Drakes (time), GoN (obviously), Prizes (obviously), Pyralspites (biome), Sinos (obviously), Sunrise/Sunset (which is probably a bug since they depend on hatching time, not laying time), and Xenos & Zyus (biome).

I do wonder why Lunars are there but Fire Gems are not. Also, it seems like yellow Florets count as alts of purple Florets, for the Market, as do green Lindwyrms count as alt of blue Lindwyrms.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

17 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Fruitless. All unlocked. I'm pretty active, you know, all over the place from uncommons to rares.

NOT available are hybrids, holidays, Coppers (biome-dependent), Fire Gems (time-dependent), Glory Drakes (time), GoN (obviously),

I do wonder why Lunars are there but Fire Gems are not. Also, it seems like yellow Florets count as alts of purple Florets, for the Market.

That sucks. I have my encyclopedia pages up as proof of what happened for me so I don't know what to tell you. Maybe clearing your cache will help?

(Edit: Though Clearing my cache didn't fix the trading hub problem for me. So... :( Maybe I should clear everything and log back in again.)

Actually, I probably should add the ones I havent unlocked yet.

Maybe because the Fire Gems change hourly rather than by every 4-8 days?

Edit: Not yet unlocked Dinos -

1576142022_Capture_2018-05-23-11-32-33.thumb.png.48f0c7d8f78b680b1d9e1f2c32e19667.png 1519926684_Capture_2018-05-23-11-32-05.thumb.png.990ff84b2a3c8648789a783f98abe1f2.png

Edited by Shokomon

9 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Maybe clearing your cache will help?

Not at all - that won't solve the fact your observation stats are too low.

The market clearly says "unlock egg".

You didn't display stats for the yellow Dino, but I'm suspecting you may have unlocked a hatchling of that colour already, like you have that Chicken chick.

So there seem to be multiple glitches here:

DragonLady's missing unlocks despite the sprite being there.

Your existing unlock despite the egg sprite NOT being there.

OK - I do think there's a glitch.

Yesterday my only issue was the blue dino. Now I can't buy a yellow either. (not that I want to.) And I'm SURE I have all the eggs unlocked before. I don't now.

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Not at all - that won't solve the fact your observation stats are too low.

The market clearly says "unlock egg".

You didn't display stats for the yellow Dino, but I'm suspecting you may have unlocked a hatchling of that colour already, like you have that Chicken chick.

So there seem to be multiple glitches here:

DragonLady's missing unlocks despite the sprite being there.

Your existing unlock despite the egg sprite NOT being there.

I had set my pics so you could see the time I snapped the pic, but if you want to see all the dino stats:

2938qqx.jpg

ezl536.jpg

Note: These are the ones I can't buy. 

There's definitely a bug though.

2 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Note: These are the ones I can't buy. 

Yeah, sorry, I mislooked.

No more theories from me. I'm off.

Ok. I am apparently a little dense today. Where is the Market??  I see the link for Trading on my scroll, but for all my stumbling around I cannot find a Market.

4 minutes ago, egwenna said:

Ok. I am apparently a little dense today. Where is the Market??  I see the link for Trading on my scroll, but for all my stumbling around I cannot find a Market.

Look at the top of scroll page  It will say Logged in as egwenna and then there will be a number and a symbol.  Click symbol  to go to market.  The number tells   you how much you currently have to spend.

Edited by Imzadi

Just now, Imzadi said:

Look at the top of scroll page  It will say Logged in as egwenna and then there will be a number  symbol.  Click symbol  to go to market.  The number tells   you how much you currently have to spend.

Oh Jeeze. Talk about non-descript!!  

Thank You!!

Has this changed for anyone or has the issue remained?

The green dino appears in my trade list now.  But I honestly made this thread because multiple people were posting in the news with lists of stories of the unlocks not being universal.  I only used mine as examples.  (because I don't care about dinos)  So, if you or anyone else is still seeing issues, I don't consider it resolved. 

I know I still have this issue as I have access to things in the market, but not in the trading hub, so yeah, it's still a problem. 

I appear to be a bit late for this party, but I would also like to report an inconsistency with my account. My market tells me that I have unlocked the Cheese and Falconiform dragons. They are available for purchase. However, they are not listed in the Trading Hub, and my encyclopaedia shows that the eggs for those species are not unlocked. I believe that it's a bug in my favour -- and I certainly don't mind it -- but I thought that I would mention it in case it turns out to be important in the grander scheme.

Yes, the "bug" seems to be the Market opening early.  If unlocking the egg sprite is supposed to be the way to open both, what criteria is the Market using that is letting so many purchase eggs they can't trade for because they aren't unlocked?