Alisyn

Trade Notification Stuck?

I set up a trade yesterday morning and declined an offer on it, but the notification that someone offered on the trade (from the offer I declined) is still in my upper right corner. I deleted the trade and remade it, and now when I check out the notification and click on the linked trade, it says that I've already accepted an offer.

If it matters, I'm on mobile, I have tried clearing my cache, and I can provide more info if needed. Just tell me what you need. 

Thanks in advance! ^^

I believe the notifications remain in the list once we've seen them. Each time you get a new notification, it appears in bold in the notification list, but the next time you view the list it isn't bolded anymore. This would suggest to me that they stay there as a record, a little bit like the action log. I only have a few notifications so far so I wouldn't be able to tell you how many it caps at or whether there is pagination like in the action log. 

Or were you referring not to the list but to the actual icon beside your username? The notification bell should be hollow if you don't have any new notifications, but filled in if you do have a new one. 

The bell is hollow, but I have no notifications in it except for the offer that I declined, though I did engage in several trades/receive other offers and notifications in other trades. To my recollection, I accepted all of the other offers, but it seems odd to me that the one declined offer is the only one that remains in my notifications?

If that's how it was intended to be, that's fine. It's just counterintuitive to me so I thought it was a bug. ^^;

Though if what you say is correct, then in that case, I'm missing several old notifications. 😛

Edited by Alisyn

Hmm, that's strange. I just double checked and I still have notifications for trade offers I received even for trades that have been cancelled. So to clarify, you had a variety of notifications listed for offers on your trades, but then some disappeared (for trades you accepted) and the only one that remained was an offer you declined? Is the trade that you declined an offer on still active?

Perhaps the notifications go away once you have accepted a trade. I haven't accepted any yet, so I can't test this, but I did cancel a trade and the notifications remained. Maybe someone else who has accepted some offers can weigh in.

4 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

Perhaps the notifications go away once you have accepted a trade. I haven't accepted any yet, so I can't test this, but I did cancel a trade and the notifications remained. Maybe someone else who has accepted some offers can weigh in.

Can confirm. This is what happened with a hatchling I traded. 

2 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

Can confirm. This is what happened with a hatchling I traded. 

In that case, it should be the same when a trade is cancelled, shouldn't it? Maybe it's an accident that cancelled trades don't work in the same way.

@Alisyn I guess this means that your other notification will go away once you accept a trade on your current offer. :)

47 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

In that case, it should be the same when a trade is cancelled, shouldn't it?

Yeah, this is what I intuitively expected and why I thought it was a bug. ^^

As to your earlier post, yes, you summed up the situation well. I made several trades, and those I accepted an offer on had the notification go away. The one that I declined an offer has the offer still in my notifications, even after I cancelled the trade. 

I don't know what would happen if there are multiple offers on a trade, as I only ever had one offer per trade, but based on what's been posted so far, it seems like the accepted offer would disappear while all the others would remain in notifications?

1 minute ago, Alisyn said:

I don't know what would happen if there are multiple offers on a trade, as I only ever had one offer per trade, but based on what's been posted so far, it seems like the accepted offer would disappear while all the others would remain in notifications?

From what I understand, once an offer is accepted on a trade, all notifications for that trade then disappear. I think cancelled trades acting differently is potentially a mistake. These new features are still a work in progress, though, and bound to have a few inconsistencies here and there, so I'm sure this is something that will be addressed and streamlined in time. :)

Ah, okay, got it, thanks! 

It might just be personal preference, but I'd prefer the notifications to only list currently active offers (because that makes the most sense to me :p). I suppose I'll bring that idea to suggestions if necessary, though, once the dust has settled and things have been fixed/ finalized. :3

Edited by Alisyn

4 minutes ago, Alisyn said:

Ah, okay, got it, thanks! 

It might just be personal preference, but I'd prefer the notifications to only list currently active offers (because that makes the most sense to me :p). I suppose I'll bring that idea to suggestions if necessary, though, once the dust has settled and things have been fixed/ finalized. :3

If you haven't seen, there's a specific feedback thread, one for each of the new features, where you can provide any suggestions. TJ has mentioned a few changes that might take place in the future (such as notifications for sickness) but if you've found something that you think can be improved, then it's definitely worth bringing up. 

Well, the two of us think that it might be a mistake in the preliminary implementation, so I'll wait to see if it changes in the coming days before bothering TJ, but thanks for all the help! ^^

@TJ09 based on your post in the feedback thread, it sounds like notifications shouldn't be disappearing from the list after a trade offer has been accepted. A couple of people have reported this behaviour.