Cinspawn

Shard Specifics (Market Place)

19 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

I wonder if there's a daily/weekly log-in/activity bonus.

Well... our counters from the update started at 100, so maybe?

Edited by Whirlaway

Where is this Market you speak of?  I saw mention of it on TJ's page with the new eggs, but I've searched the Forum and DC's dragon page only to come up empty.  😞  Thanks for helping.  ❤️ 

8 minutes ago, Reinbeauchaser said:

Where is this Market you speak of?  I saw mention of it on TJ's page with the new eggs, but I've searched the Forum and DC's dragon page only to come up empty.  😞  Thanks for helping.  ❤️ 

Thanks for replying, Shokomon.  Yes, I saw mention of it on TJ's DC Anniversary and new egg page, but where on DC will I find the Market?  😄  

It appears on my cell phone but not on my laptop.  Is this Market thing only for cell phones?  Thanks!  😄  

Edited by Kaini
Combined double-post.

You click on the points to get to it. 

Capture+_2018-05-21-17-26-00.png

Also if you clicked on the text "Shokomon replied to a topic" you can see the post itself instead of the start of a thread.

Edit: a friend has bought an egg and states that buying one from market doesn't give you any extra points (which makes sense)

Edited by Shadowdrake

I can confirm that buying an egg from the market does not award shards. Bought a frill egg, and the only change in the shards was the cost of the egg.

Unfortunately earning Trophies (at least Platinum trophy) does not get you shards.

I just earned my Platinum trophy (Yea!), but I did not get any shards from it.

Last night I had 139 shards. I hatched 5 eggs last night, earning 15 more shards for a total of 154 shards. Just got my thropy at 10:57 am, but my count is still 154.

Dang.

it would be nice if we can pin this post for future references? maybe add the info to the DC wiki?

6 hours ago, meruru said:

it would be nice if we can pin this post for future references? maybe add the info to the DC wiki?

I don't think it needs to be pinned, but I'm sure this information will be added to the DC wiki. :) It's also something that could potentially be added to the FAQ in help in the future, once we know a little bit more about how these features work. 

I don't see naming mentioned in the OP, but I can confirm that naming hatchlings earned me 0 shards.

Biting an egg gives no shards, at least not when the egg is killed.

3 hours ago, Ribombee said:

Probably no shards, but had earthquake been looked at?

not that i know of, I suspect it will only give the usual 'egg hatches' shards, though.

On 5/27/2018 at 9:27 AM, dustpuppy said:

Biting an egg gives no shards, at least not when the egg is killed.

Update: successfully turning an egg into a Vampire also gives no shards.

I don’t know if you get shards for it, but what about when a hatchling genders ? I remember having 367 shards (before a hatchling of mine gendered) and after it gendered, I have 369. I don’t know if it’s related to that or if anyone else has noticed something. It could also just be me being forgetful

What I'm curious about is the 'extra credit' shards - somehow in that very first week I earned "104 out of 100" shards, and in a few other weeks I have also over-maxed the meter.  I don't know what I did, though, and I'm really curious! 

Sadly I think this was fixed; I just tested. For a while, if you had - say - 98 in a week, and picked up a CB egg in a biome, the 5 shards would take you to 103. But I just tried with 98 and hatched an egg (3 shards), to see if I'd hit 101. Nope :(

9 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Sadly I think this was fixed; I just tested. For a while, if you had - say - 98 in a week, and picked up a CB egg in a biome, the 5 shards would take you to 103. But I just tried with 98 and hatched an egg (3 shards), to see if I'd hit 101. Nope :(

Somehow I got 101 shards last week.  Maybe the fix just happened this week.

If that is the case, then it got fixed for some sooner than for others :D

I only overmaxed it it week one - 101. Now I am "allowed" to collect my weekly 100 shards from that base, which brought me to 201, 301, 401.... 

It cuts down collecting the shards exactly after 100 points even if I should have gotten more from that one "last" action.

Funny if a few were/are able to overmax until now xD

I reached 2000 shards in my "wallet" today. I was wondering if there is people with more.

2 hours ago, Naughtrish said:

I reached 2000 shards in my "wallet" today. I was wondering if there is people with more.

I don't think so.  I have 2000 as well, and have collected from the start.

Reviewing was confirmed by Ruby Eyes on page 1 to not give any shards, and describing was confirmed by me (?) in the OP to not give any shards. 

It's possible that getting a description accepted gives shards, but I highly doubt it.