TJ09

Notifications Feedback

Message added by TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

4 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

since it would be so very individual

Totally unlike trade offers? I don't see the difference, really.

I do but I think I can't explain it... I guess a trade offer is part of an automatic trading  coding. Watching your cooldowns is done automatically for when they end, but tagging ONE at your end and then asking the main programme for a notification seems longer and more complex - I think  has to do with trading being totally automatic (every trade will generate a notification) and this being a user-ask per dragon thing. I think it would be easy if you got one for every end of CD and - NO !

I know what I mean but I am not a coder and can't verbalise it...

Edited by Fuzzbucket

20 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I think it would be easy if you got one for every end of CD

If that's easy, then making the system check if a flag is set ("owner wants notification for this one") before actually notifying would a piece of cake.

The end of CD is already automatic. A tag for notification added to a global event is indeed a piece of cake, I THINK... :lol:

Adding individual asks to it would add a level of complexity.

Not much, really. But anyway, feasibility is not our task, it's TJ's, so my question (to TJ, basically) still stands:

3 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Is it planned to keep the notifications strictly to trading and raffle messages? Or could it also include, some time in the future, a message whenever a (previously marked) dragon comes off breeding (or corporealizing) cooldown?

19 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Is it planned to keep the notifications strictly to trading and raffle messages? Or could it also include, some time in the future, a message whenever a (previously marked) dragon comes off breeding (or corporealizing) cooldown?

I'm open to the idea of expanding what can be a notification beyond raffles and trading. Or even within trading (e.g. offer status for the offerer is likely).

Offer status, like a notification if your offer is declined? That'd be awesome.

How about a notification when a kill-slot comes off cooldown? I know others have asked for kills to be listed in the Help section the way that freezes are, which would really be awesome, but if we can't have that a notification would be nice.

Trade activity would be wonderful ("there is action on one of your trades"). I have been begging for that for AGES :lol:

Hmm, I think these things would be nice to be notified about:

• You now have a kill slot available. (Only for the first kill slot you regain after hitting 0.)
  • You now can freeze again. (Only for the first freezing slot you regain after hitting 0.)
  • Your offer on trade [insert teleport link] was declined.
  • A trade you offered on is no longer valid. (In other words: Check the trading page!)
  • Your offer on trade X has been accepted. (Might not seem like a big deal, but if you trade one egg for another of the same breed - well, it's easy to overlook.)

I think the last three would be adequate covered by "there has been action on one of your trades." All you'd have to do would be hit the trading link and you could see.

On 6/22/2018 at 12:30 AM, TJ09 said:

I'm open to the idea of expanding what can be a notification beyond raffles and trading. Or even within trading (e.g. offer status for the offerer is likely).

Any update on this? More trading notifications are the most important thing to me, it's soooooo frustrating to continually check to see if something you offered is still 'pending' (especially when the offered thing is locking me and it's something I'd just dump if it's not accepted). A notification for an offer being declined would be so wonderful, as well as for if the trade you offered on is no longer active (cancelled or another offer accepted). Fuzz's comment about a general 'action on a trade' would be fine too as long as it included those things.

image.gif

Is it possible for notifications to be marked as "read" once we view the trade offer/raffle page/etc.? It's kind of annoying to have to click the bell to make the notification go away, even after already checking whatever the notification is for. Just a thought.

Edited by The Dragoness

I just saw this in the trading hub feedback thread, and decided to quote it here. Because it's a very good idea.

16 minutes ago, ninish said:

Well, since we have a notification section now... 

How about we get a notification on site when there's an update to the trading rules? (Or any rule update on the site, for that matter?) Such as the one we get for prize Raffles :0

And, once we click on it, we are taken to where we can read the full guidelines?

This way *every dragcave user* (forum user or not) gets the notification, and will know where they can read it again if confused. 

Excuse my bad execution, this is the best I can do in mobile:

Imagine it's all in the proper format, lol. 

IMG_20180806_162349.png

IMG_20180806_163054.png

Notifications for changes in the rules/TOS... This would include rule refinements like what's probably going to happen to the trading hub.

Just popping in to express my support for the idea that @olympe quoted from another thread, as while I did so where it is quoted from, I didn't do so HERE.Therefor I will jsut say that I support the idea because notifications for any rules changes that could impact users are ALWAYS  agood idea.

Definite support for notifications of any sort of rule-changes!! I really think the Notifications feature would be so much more useful if it was branched out more to include more types of notifications (sick dragon, declined trade offer, etc) but I *definitely* think notification of rule-changes would be a really important one.

Is it possible to auto-delete notifications that are no longer valid?

We really don't need to know if someone offered on our trade after they cancelled or updated the offer, do we? Plus, since the scroll name is shown, it might lead to... unpleasant consequences.

I'm in 100% support of notifications regarding rules and guidelines. That way, ALL players know about them, NOT just the forum players, like how it is now.

Thank you for adding notifications when trade offers are accepted or declined. That's really helpful!

But could we possibly get a note when someone else's offer was accepted too (when yours was not explicitly declined beforehand) ? So that you know the trade is done and your stuff is free to be offered on other trades.

Thanks for adding the notifications for offers accepted on trades! This is a great improvement, I'm very pleased 😊

3 hours ago, Zimtie said:

But could we possibly get a note when someone else's offer was accepted too (when yours was not explicitly declined beforehand) ? So that you know the trade is done and your stuff is free to be offered on other trades.

Yes please! I'd love a notification for when your offer isn't in play anymore regardless of the reason, whether another offer was accepted or the trade was canceled or whatever. Knowing that the egg/hatchie is no longer tied up in a trade is a very useful thing.

Please please PLEASE can we get an on-scroll notification (like the sickness one) when there is action on a trade ?

I have had an offer - a bloodswap on an alt - not that easy to find, as I have found when offering those myself - up for over three days now; the egg I offered on will hatch - or die - very soon now. We aren't encouraged to use the forum and cannot link to it -  and that is GREAT by me, but as it happens, even if we could, the trader is not on forum. That trade will fall over when it hatches, and while I could then offer on the hatchie if it is put up, I am betting the same thing will happen again and it WILL die in the hub. What a waste.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

And... what good would an on-scroll notification do if the person isn't getting online? They already have the regular notification...

They HAVE been on line at least once; they have caught an egg since I offered. They may have been in a hurry - if I don't have a trade up I don't check my bell button regularly - and from posts here we know some people don't know what that bell is for.

I have also had trades where I was able to PM people who had also been using their scrolls and not responded. One even said OMG I'd completely forgotten I had that up there.

Even if it wouldn't help me this time, I think it would be worth having such notifications.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I'd really rather not have a huge glaring notification every single time something happens in a trade I'm involved in. The sickness warning is large and in-your-face and rather annoying as it is (I fogged the dang thing, stop shouting at me!) I certainly don't want more of those! If people don't notice the bell, I'd think the better solution would be the make the bell itself a bit more visible, maybe instead of it just being white-filled when there is a new notification it could be some other color? All the text around it is white, after all (at least on the default scroll skin), so the white-filled possibly blends in more then some other fill-color would. 

Although, someone not responding to a trade offer does not automatically mean that it's because they haven't seen the notification. They may have seen it and decided to wait and see if they got a better offer, or are unsure they want that specific offered thing, maybe even second-guessing if they actually want to trade away the thing they put up in the first place.... Plenty of different reasons. I often leave an offer sitting for awhile if it's only semi-messy and I want to see if anyone offers anything more messy... I'd be very very annoyed to have some huge notification reminding me of that offer every single time I go to my scroll page. 

@TJ09 a notification explaining why a person was banned from trading. (otherwise I have no clue as to what they get notification wise.)

Notification if a dragon is sick -  maybe an indicator as to how sick sick is.