TJ09

Notifications Feedback

Message added by TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

On 5/22/2018 at 2:15 AM, TJ09 said:
On 5/21/2018 at 11:55 AM, Shokomon said:

Maybe if you are going to keep the bell present all the time, you can have it change color or shake when you have a notification?

Also, put a notification section under accounts. That way people can have a physical link to it, and makes a place for a short explanation on the notifications.

Given how un-optional it is, being aggressive with the unread state is exactly what I wanted to avoid. Maybe when there's more functionality (i.e. can be turned off) it can be highlighted or show a colored numer badge like many other places, but for now, it's there when relevant but not in your face.

I don't know if TJ will support a more aggressive notification style, but that could change if more people want it.

7 hours ago, StormWizard212 said:

Instead of a popup, I would like a little red notification number that tells me how many new notifications I have, like forum notifications. In a similar vein, I'd like notifications to show as a number in browser tabs, the same way as they do on the forums.

Number at the bell sounds like the best option, to me. Personally, the number in the tab title for forum PMs annoys me, but your mileage may vary.

2 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Personally, the number in the tab title for forum PMs annoys me, but your mileage may vary.

Annoys me, too, but mostly because it is often not accurate.

Notifications are great, and I'm good with the bell full and empty aspect. However, when I hunt in the cave on my phone the bell is right under where the page reload is and a few times now I've hit the bell and went to the notification page rather than reloaded the eggs I was hunting.

Aesthetically, I like it there, and I may be the only one clumsy enough to keep hitting it, but I thought I'd mention it.

sn1.png

on1.png

Please may we have a "trade offer refused" button added when this feature is expanded? So you know when your dragon is no longer locked in trade and can be offered somewhere else, or so you can offer again with some more juicy bait perhaps.

I'm not sure where I should post this, and I'm not sure - is it help; should it be under trade, etc...

Well ANYWAY. If I go to my read notifications I will see several "x person offered on your trade" (these are completed trades, BTW) and there is a live link allegedly to that trade. Except what I then get to is this:

1266174324_Image1.png.4dbb7caa9f52d51114f0f8f0553e55a3.png

And below it all my growing things. But there is nothing to offer ON.... So out of curiosity, I tried doing the thing, and get this:

1527718540_Image2.png.c43376e3c10b3e694b6c8cc3ddaf2a26.png

I'm sure that's  not how it ought to be....

It gets worse. I sent the teleport link to a friend to see what THEY would see, and THEY get this:  nothing to offer ON, just like my first page.

776899545_Image3.png.1b817ab6197dd00fce7d63d122168110.png

Fascinated, I got him to make an offer. He did. I went back to MY teleport page and got:

1941524588_Image4.png.4f437891526f13c9a3b0923b4e61a4c4.png

But the original egg that I tested with DOES belong to me...

Ummmm....

Edited by Fuzzbucket

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I'm not sure where I should post this, and I'm not sure - is it help; should it be under trade, etc...

Well ANYWAY. If I go to my read notifications I will see several "x person offered on your trade" (these are completed trades, BTW) and there is a live link allegedly to that trade. Except what I then get to is this:

1266174324_Image1.png.4dbb7caa9f52d51114f0f8f0553e55a3.png

And below it all my growing things. But there is nothing to offer ON.... So out of curiosity, I tried doing the thing, and get this:

1527718540_Image2.png.c43376e3c10b3e694b6c8cc3ddaf2a26.png

I'm sure that's  not how it ought to be....

It gets worse. I sent the teleport link to a friend to see what THEY would see, and THEY get this:  nothing to offer ON, just like my first page.

776899545_Image3.png.1b817ab6197dd00fce7d63d122168110.png

Fascinated, I got him to make an offer. He did. I went back to MY teleport page and got:

1941524588_Image4.png.4f437891526f13c9a3b0923b4e61a4c4.png

But the original egg that I tested with DOES belong to me...

Ummmm....

Ive actually seen a good couple of trades like that where there was nothing to offer on.

It must be a glitch of some sort. 

This might be better in the help section though...

That's a shame - it got worse when I saw I had notifications:

1559258544_Image6.png.f7c147a5d1bdf8c1a1135d2c61c93045.png

I made an offer on my own trade .....

I'll go start a thread in help.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I don't know if it's already been stated, and I'm too tired to look it up right now. But I'd really like it if I could manually delete notifications that I've dealt with.

If they're supposedly semi-permanent like the action log can we get pagination here too? 

On 5/29/2018 at 7:41 PM, Aalbiel said:

Please may we have a "trade offer refused" button added when this feature is expanded? So you know when your dragon is no longer locked in trade and can be offered somewhere else, or so you can offer again with some more juicy bait perhaps.

This would be very useful. At the moment, you have to check the Trading now and then to see that some of your offers were refused and disappeared, but having a notification for that would be good.

I LIKE the "you have met the raffle requirements" one XD

9 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I LIKE the "you have met the raffle requirements" one XD

I actually don't! Because I always have a lot of things on my scroll, I'd had three dragons grow up before I'd even had a chance to jump online and see if I had won the raffle. When I saw the notification, the word 'raffle' jumped out and I did have a moment where I thought it was a notification that I'd won, before reading it properly and realising it was just a reminder to enter the next month's. 

I like the idea, but I wonder whether it would be more effective to have a notification a few days before the end of the month reminding anyone eligible who hasn't entered yet that they can. That way, only people who need a reminder get it, rather than everyone getting it as soon as they're eligible. I like the idea of it, but I just wonder if the timing could be improved a bit. 

really could use a way to make new notifications more noticeable.  The red number idea is great if your paying attention, but if you're like me and doing many things at once whether multiple tabs or household items its not as great.  maybe it could play a sound or something? 

This probably has come up before, but I'd really like notifications for the following:

• Your offer of XXX  on YYY got accepted. (XXX = links to the dragons you offered, YYY = links to your new dragons)
  • Your offer on XXX got rejected. (XXX = teleport link)
  • A trade you offered on is not available any more. (= other offer accepted, teleport cancelled, egg hatched/hatchie grew up)
Edited by olympe
Edited the first line of my wish list.

6 hours ago, olympe said:

This probably has come up before, but I'd really like notifications for the following:

• Your offer on XXX got accepted.
  • Your offer on XXX got rejected. (XXX = teleport link)
  • A trade you offered on is not available any more. (= other offer accepted, teleport cancelled, egg hatched/hatchie grew up)

Yes yes and yes please. This new feature is great, but more kinds of notifications would make it so much more useful. Especially those last two, it's *really* annoying to continually check the trade every 10-15 minutes to see if your offer has been rejected or whatever... I literally click the offered dragon's 'Actions' link at least every 15 minutes to see if it still takes me to the trade. 

9 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

really could use a way to make new notifications more noticeable.  The red number idea is great if your paying attention, but if you're like me and doing many things at once whether multiple tabs or household items its not as great.  maybe it could play a sound or something? 

Please no sound, at least not unless there is the ability to turn it off. When I'm online I'm almost always listening to an audiobook with my headphones on while I'm doing whatever online, it would be *very* annoying (and probably sometimes jarring!) to suddenly hear some random sound while I'm listening to an audiobook. However, I do agree that the 'new notification' could be more noticeable... Honestly the bell simply becoming colored-in is not all that noticeable at all, especially since it's small and in a place most users wouldn't often look at normally. I'd personally love a small banner or note on whatever page we are on, something like the sickness warning we get (except maybe not so in-your-face). 

I echo the please no sound thing. I'm deaf and organise the on-line sounds I do hear very carefully...

Is it planned to keep the notifications strictly to trading and raffle messages? Or could it also include, some time in the future, a message whenever a (previously marked) dragon comes off breeding (or corporealizing) cooldown?

OMG one for every time something comes off CD - Please no. I have (off to check) about 20 coming off CD today... If I need to follow one iin particular I can set myself a note for an individual dragon in my e-mail programme if it's that important.

Well, Ruby did say "previously marked" dragons, so I would imagine you would only get notifications if you want them. I breed about 200 Z pairs every week, so I certainly wouldn't want all of them to trigger a notification, but there are other dragons that I sometimes tend to forget for a few days to a few weeks and it might be nice to be reminded that those are ready for breeding.

Yes, I realise she said previously marked, but I wanted to second guess anyone who.. :lol: And I can imagine people marking everything they use...

XD Well, if they do, that is their problem! They'll be sorry!

Indeed. But the plethora of things people want to notified about seems to be heading towards SORRY :blink: anyway !

how DID we manage before ? Oh yeah - monitoring our OWN STUFF :lol:

10 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

how DID we manage before ? Oh yeah - monitoring our OWN STUFF :lol:

That's the thing. I *don't* manage, I keep forgetting. There are a few dragons that I need to try a couple of times before I *finally* get the egg I want. And of course there is NO chance at an egg if you don't even breed them ...

(and just now I noticed yet another dragon I need to keep track of (on cooldown for another 2 days) so I thought why can't this be notified about ...)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I would imagine it might be a major coding thing, since it would be so very individual.

SERIOUSLY I do use my email programme to remind me of stuff (not DC stuff, I admit.)..