TJ09

Notifications Feedback

Message added by TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

6 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

I had this issue for a while too. Clearing my cache fixed it. Here's what it should look like (with no notifications).

Thank you, I suspected it was a cache issue and I tried clearing it but I guess I didn't do it right :S I'll go figure that out, thanks! 

--

And to get back to the topic at hand:

I'd like to see a notification for when your offer gets accepted or declined. 

I also wouldn't mind seeing one for when your dragons get sick (not as a replacement for the current sick notification, but to supply that one for when you're in the cave or some other page that's not your dragons page) 

An optional "Breeding is off cooldown" or "Summoning is off cooldown" would be very handy too. Right now it's clunky to find out if you can Summon again when you don't have those dragons on the top of your scroll. 

And perhaps, when your scroll can get tied to your forum account, the "you have a PM" notification from the forum can get on the main site too. 

That's all I can think of for now. 

Edited by Cinspawn

4 hours ago, Cinspawn said:

And perhaps, when your scroll can get tied to your forum account, the "you have a PM" notification from the forum can get on the main site too. 

Please may our scrolls never actually be tied to our forum accounts. That's why I have different names for the two, so that they aren"t.

1 minute ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Please may our scrolls never actually be tied to our forum accounts. That's why I have different names for the two, so that they aren"t.

Agreed. But if the two are tied privately for notifications only, that could work. I don't think it's necessary with a notification feature already available on the forum itself though.

4 hours ago, Cinspawn said:

An optional "Breeding is off cooldown" or "Summoning is off cooldown" would be very handy too. Right now it's clunky to find out if you can Summon again when you don't have those dragons on the top of your scroll. 

Only if it is an opt-in! Otherwise my notifications would be overrun with the breeding notifications and I keep track of those already. If you could select this by individual dragon it might be helpful to me. I am sort of casually trying to breed a 2nd gen Gold to build a mate for a Dorkface. Since it's not part of one of my existing lineages, I do sometimes forget to breed that pair as soon as they are off cooldown.

Yes - I really think one should be able to keep track of one's own actual personal stuff. It is ++++good to be told about sickness - but other than that, surely we only need notifications for something that needs doing - like accepting a trade.

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

If it was implemented to be mandatory, which I HIGHLY doubt, considering a) a lot of people don't even have a forum account, b) many people such as yourself are firmly opposed to tying them together and c) it just seems very unlike DC to do.... Even then, you could simply never ever check the "PM" box on a trade.

This suggestion would not make you identifiable in any way unless you let it yourself.

EDIT: My apologies, I'm confusing what I posted in the trading hub feedback thread and what I posted here. I hope the above will be more clear with what I said in the trading hub feedback thread:

Also, maybe some sort of optional forum communication thing: when you set up your trade, you can check a box that will show a PM link to your profile on the forums. If you leave it unchecked, nothing will show. No direct communication for people who don't want it, and it might persuade some people to make a forum account for that. 

4 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

Agreed. But if the two are tied privately for notifications only, that could work. I don't think it's necessary with a notification feature already available on the forum itself though.

I personally visit the forums way less than the site itself, and especially if optional PM'ing gets available for trading, I'd love to see that in my notification box.

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Only if it is an opt-in! Otherwise my notifications would be overrun with the breeding notifications and I keep track of those already. If you could select this by individual dragon it might be helpful to me. I am sort of casually trying to breed a 2nd gen Gold to build a mate for a Dorkface. Since it's not part of one of my existing lineages, I do sometimes forget to breed that pair as soon as they are off cooldown.

Definitely, some people have SO many dragon pairs they breed weekly, it would be nuts to have to opt out all of those. I'd imagine it would be 100% opt-in, with a checkbox per dragon.

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Yes - I really think one should be able to keep track of one's own actual personal stuff. It is ++++good to be told about sickness - but other than that, surely we only need notifications for something that needs doing - like accepting a trade.

If I want to get the most breedings out of a pair per year, I'd have to really track their breeding. I don't breed all my dragons on the same day, I don't keep track of them at all in a seperate file or note (and I think we shouldn't be forced to when we just got a notification system)
Right now, I check my dragons every few days or so, and I might miss a day of breeding. Okay, that's just how it is. I'd love to get notified though.

I am absolutely basing all these suggestions off of being able to turn every single one of them off, based on what TJ said here:

As the system expands, it'll probably be necessary to offer more granular settings for notifications (similar to what the forum provides: turn individual notifications on/off for each possible medium).

That's pretty normal/expected with most notification systems, anyway. So no, no 1000 annoying useless notifications for anyone. Just turn them off if they bother you.

Edited by Cinspawn

23 hours ago, Cinspawn said:

Yes please!

I understand why this hasn't been added to deprecated skins, but could the notifications page be possibly linked to somewhere in the Help section? Right now I actively have to type in the URL manually or create a bookmark for it to use ...

On 5/23/2018 at 12:31 AM, Cinspawn said:

I don't (currently) plan to integrate the forums and site at all. I might add the ability to link to your DC account from the forums (i.e. at the bottom of posts where you can put skype or whatever), but actual integration is unlikely.

6 hours ago, TJ09 said:

I don't (currently) plan to integrate the forums and site at all. I might add the ability to link to your DC account from the forums (i.e. at the bottom of posts where you can put skype or whatever), but actual integration is unlikely.

I love you very much today :wub:(Cash in; I don't do that a lot...)

Edited by Fuzzbucket

10 hours ago, TJ09 said:

Asking for clarification; does that mean that a suggestion like this is (currently) out of the question? (See below for direct quote)

Also, maybe some sort of optional forum communication thing: when you set up your trade, you can check a box that will show a PM link to your profile on the forums. If you leave it unchecked, nothing will show. No direct communication for people who don't want it, and it might persuade some people to make a forum account for that.  

Because that's the only sort of integration I am looking for: an easier form of communication for trades (no looking up the person on the forum anymore, just a click away) but optional so anyone who does not want to be identified can stay hidden.

And that's what my suggestion in this thread was based on ("You have a PM on the forums" notification). Sorry for going sort-of offtopic but the suggestions are based on each other.

Edited by Cinspawn

1 hour ago, Cinspawn said:

And that's what my suggestion in this thread was based on ("You have a PM on the forums" notification). Sorry for going sort-of offtopic but the suggestions are based on each other.

You get a notification of those anyway, so where's the need.

49 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

You get a notification of those anyway, so where's the need.

I wouldn't have to keep checking the forums to see if I have a PM, and I could turn off email notifications that way. It's a QOL thing, I guess.

You can have your settings ONLY notifying you of PMs by email, and that would basically be exactly what you'd get on your scroll. QOL sure - but an email to say you have a message is not the end of the world. THAT way I'd know I had a message even when my scroll isn't open on screen.

15 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

You can have your settings ONLY notifying you of PMs by email, and that would basically be exactly what you'd get on your scroll. QOL sure - but an email to say you have a message is not the end of the world. THAT way I'd know I had a message even when my scroll isn't open on screen.

Not having a trading hub, market, or BSA's wouldn't be the end of the world too. You don't have to agree with my suggestion. I'm just posting what I think would be convenient and nice to have.

Plus, I'd rather not have my mailbox full of not-necessary emails. The best way to do that is through an expanded notification system, imo.

6 hours ago, Naruhina_94 said:

the notification will warn us if a Dragon Description is approved?

I also have this question. If it currently doesn't, I think this would be great to have added.

On 5/23/2018 at 9:31 AM, Cinspawn said:

THIS. Especially a notification of declided offers would be so useful, so you know you can make other trade arrangements.

Also a tiny thing, could the notification bell clickbox be a bit wider? I keep clicking on my scroll name by accident. Maybe I'm just clumsy... :blush:

Okay maybe I am completely missing it...but is my bell outline supposed to stay visible even after I've viewed the trade offer in question? 

I got an offer on my trade and accepted it and the bell is STILL there even though I've checked it.

Figured I'd check here first before making a bug forum post just in case its an intended feature.

Also if it IS intended can we have a way to delete/hide notifications that are old so that the bell will vanish? I keep seeing it and thinking I got a notification but its still only the same "blah blah made and offer on your trade" ...its weirding me out XD

If the bell is an outline you have nothing unread. 926103191_Image1.png.9909e27b50326dd624fde82fa05f7502.png

If it is a solid bell, there's something you haven't read. 381541670_Image2.png.22c20f4e4fbcb534df53c237fe56bf5b.png

6 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

If the bell is an outline you have nothing unread. 926103191_Image1.png.9909e27b50326dd624fde82fa05f7502.png

If it is a solid bell, there's something you haven't read. 381541670_Image2.png.22c20f4e4fbcb534df53c237fe56bf5b.png

Thanks for that! I'd still like it if the bell would go away totally xD Its as annoying as having the notification numbers on my cellphone apps xD

I'm glad it stays because you can click it to see old notifications.

Um, I needed to check this thread and see this

16 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

to make out I did get notifications...

Can't there be some popup? The bell is not prominent enough to notice there are new notifications, I came here because I was sure I got none, while I found 2 offers on my trade.

Difficult to notice, especially for the first time when you don't know how that looks yet.

Also would appreciate messages telling me that my offer was accepted or rejected(also covering that the other user accepted something else).

Edited by MhKhu

Please no popups. (I have them blocked anyway, but they are intrusive and annoying.)

14 hours ago, MhKhu said:

Um, I needed to check this thread and see this

to make out I did get notifications...

Can't there be some popup? The bell is not prominent enough to notice there are new notifications, I came here because I was sure I got none, while I found 2 offers on my trade.

Difficult to notice, especially for the first time when you don't know how that looks yet.

Also would appreciate messages telling me that my offer was accepted or rejected(also covering that the other user accepted something else).

Instead of a popup, I would like a little red notification number that tells me how many new notifications I have, like forum notifications. In a similar vein, I'd like notifications to show as a number in browser tabs, the same way as they do on the forums. This serves the same purpose as a pop up, but isn't as intrusive.