TJ09

Market Feedback

TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

Message added by TJ09

I understand the reasoning for not adding "location-specific alts" to the market, but are they really that dissimilar to any location-specific regular dragon? Pretty much every Cave-available breed, except rares, are location specific technically. Some available in more locations than others of course.

Currently, if I want a Gold I need to wait 40 weeks to get it, because I already have 100 shards, right?

What if I want another kind of egg during those 40 weeks?

I think it would be best to collect different types of shards if you would like to buy different stuff from the market.

Just to mention some examples I love Xenos, Zyus and Seasonals among others. But I can't hoard Seasonals from the market if I want to save for a Gold.

Just a few quick questions/remarks:

* no biome-based alts are available in the market, like zuy's, xeno's and coppers, for whatever reason

Yet I can buy a purple floret, but not a golden one, and I can buy a blue two-headed lindwyrm, and not the green one :huh:

---> edit: ridgewing would also fit here, although that's not an entirely biome-based alt

* How does the sunrise/sunset and night/day glory drake system work. Will it change automatically according to time of day; or is there just one subspecies available?

I assume the first, and something similar is implemented for the seasonals. Although sunrise/sunset is based on time of hatching, not egg-laying :huh:

---> edit: at lunar heralds to this

* Some of the cost prizes really throw me off. Why is the chicken the most expensive thing in the market?

Saving up 40 weeks to buy a gold seems reasonable, but saving 57 weeks to buy a chicken :blink:

Edited by OrcaFreak

I noticed this sentence: 

Weekly earnings were chosen to cap out at one common egg per week. 

Does it mean if I have a CB common from catching to adult then I have 100g? Then shouldn't the limit be little higher? Considering the price of rare eggs are high, and all players have at least 4 eggs per week. 

Btw, does it also mean that eggs with different rarity values differently?

50 minutes ago, Shelybear said:

I noticed this sentence: 

Does it mean if I have a CB common from catching to adult then I have 100g? Then shouldn't the limit be little higher? Considering the price of rare eggs are high, and all players have at least 4 eggs per week. 

Btw, does it also mean that eggs with different rarity values differently?

I think what this means is that the total you can earn in a week is equivalent to buying one common egg per week. If you have a look at the Market, you'll see that breeds like Aria and Black Tea cost 100 shards each. That is the amount that you can earn in a week. So if you wanted to spend everything you earn, you'd be able to buy one common egg every week. I think that's what the sentence you quoted means, rather than relating to earning the shards. :)

THIS IS AWESOME! I am so happy to see this :D

As far as prices, I would agree Trios are overpriced. I think Lunars are underpriced (not complaining)

/runs amok squeeing!

For regional dragons such as Coppers and Pyralspite, how about just making the color random? So no way to buy a specific color, but at least the players who can't catch any could still get one that way.

Edited by Genjar

I'm sorry to say nothing available in the market would help me in anything right now. All I'm missing is not there (CB ND, CB Prizes; 2 over-limit Guardians of Nature - I need 2 more frozens(5GoNs total), if same is impossible for the holidays, then I literally will never have any use for the Market ever, see further->). Won't even aid me in zombie making alone (by providing fodders), since the different location equals different tombstones (can't get myself Forest-tombstoned pygmy eastern, or Coast-tombstoned 2-headed leviathan to match those I turned so far, and to my doom those biomes I successfully turned turned out to be the most scarce for these 2 breeds...) and those can't be traded at all under any circumstances and within any limitations... So potentially completely useless to me (as of current version plus future biome-based alts). I'm very dissapointed, really hoped to earn for those Prizes and zombie fodders...

Can't the Market eggs be just swapable for biome-caught equivalents (to clarify: If I bought, let's say, a market Kyanite, what harm would it do if I could swap it for biome-caught Kyanite and Kyanite only, and 1:1 only? not for a Magelight, not for a Gold, not for a bunch of Nocturnes, just for a single Kyanite and nothing other than 1 Kyanite from any biome/location)? And the swapped biome-caught egg/hatchie becoming untradeable as well, as if it was bought (just would have the biome influencing it, its tombstone and offspring, otherwise would be exactly the same as a bought equivalent)? I beleive no more precautions would be needed.

No trading, just Location-swapping, please.

With untradeability passing on the biome-caught swapped egg.

And ofc I join the postulate to add Prizes to the Market.

(to regualar users reading this, please don't ping me if you quote - just copy the text instead of using the Quote feature, I want no notifications/summons to this discussion, thanks!)

Hello guys, let me thanks everyone involved to add the Market and Trading Hut into the game. It is a big step forward and I'm really glad to see it, I hope my suggestions will be seen as a way to improve them even more ;)

1) The Market has no easy to spot links into the game. If there wasn't a nice guy pointing it to me I would have never found it. Therefore I suggest to implement it clearly into the game account and making it work accordingly with the Trading Hub since they both serve the pourpose of trading/aquiring eggs.

When I click on Trading it would be nice to see two nice looking images, one with the Trading Hut title and the other one with Market title. 

5yykvt.png

(pictures are just examples obviously, they would be pixel art images, not heavy files to load, or even just nice borders as we have in the Easter Bucket Trophy. Mobile phones could have the option to not visualize them at all.)

2) The Market Looks a bit messy right now. I find the list too much straight forward, I would personally prefer to see a more appealing view of it. For example a simple background showing a nest with 3 eggs inside, each one with the purchase button under it. I picture this nest with an arrow next to it, pointing to the rigth to move to the next set of eggs and their prices. Would also be nice if we could sort eggs by rarity or price besides alphabetical order.

3) Lack of Lore. I would like if instead of: 

"Eggs bought from the market are not protected against sickness, cannot be traded, and will list “Market” as their location. Prices may vary from time to time based on overall demand. All purchases are final."

There coud be some in lore explanation of what this place is, who is selling it, why and so on. A brief mention about what are these shards, why people uses them as a currency and possibly related them with mana shards, used in minigames and other occasions.

The sentence I quoted above could perfectly fit into the "Progess" section, where is gold is counted. 

4) I don't mind chickens, dinos, papers havng such high prices, I know they seem unbalanced compared to gold eggs, however keep in mind that they are a bit of "extras". They are not real dragons, therefore I find their presence and their price a way to keep them separate and special. As long as they are available I am glad they are present.

5)  (as OrcaFreak said) No biome-based alts are available in the market, like zuy's, xeno's and coppers, but I can buy a purple floret, but not a golden one, and I can buy a blue two-headed lindwyrm, and not the green one. it would be nice if this could be more specified and enlisted whish breeds aren't available.

6) I'm all in for adding Prized, CB Hybrids and CB ALT to the market, with a very high price but still present. This will be most likely material for future topics, therefore I don't see the need to insist on this nor on how prices should be lowered.

7 ) Reward consistend playing. Give extra 20 shards  (that could surprass the week's shards limits) to those who logged-in and made at least 1 action every single day from monday to sunday. The action could be: breed, trade, use a BSA, Freeze, capture an Egg.

Edited by Naruhina_94

I join adding Prizes too. And CB Hybrids.

I'd like to add that it'd be productive to let us farm shards. Saving up for about 10 months to buy a Gold and nothing but a Gold, which I think is way too much time, wouldn't let us buy other stuff meanwhile. Perhaps putting a limit on how many eggs (rares or common) we could buy in a certain amount of  time would let us not only saving up to buy rare eggs, but let us buy common or uncommon eggs more frequently as well.

Besides, if CB Holidays get back, especially Halloweens, we could use all, or a good ammount, of our farmed stuff to buy plenty of those eggs, considering we have time against us to collect stuff during Holiday events. If Holiday eggs reach the market too, of course.

Edited by Kegluneq

11 minutes ago, Naruhina_94 said:

1) The Market has no visible links into the game.

Clicking on the number at the top (that represents your shard count) will take you to the Market. :)

vsOMNlb.png

That being said, I agree with the suggestion to have something more visual like you suggested!

13 minutes ago, Naruhina_94 said:

4) TJ mentioned the in-game currency be called SHARDS, however in the Market the price is indicated with "g" next to each value

A hard refresh should fix this and show the shard symbol like in my screenshot above.

I definitely agree with the suggestions though. I especially support the suggestions to do with the visuals. Perhaps even replacing 'Trading' in the top menu with 'Marketplace' and then taking you to a screen with the option between the 'Trading Hut' and the 'Market Stalls' or something. ^_^

57 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

I think what this means is that the total you can earn in a week is equivalent to buying one common egg per week. If you have a look at the Market, you'll see that breeds like Aria and Black Tea cost 100 shards each. That is the amount that you can earn in a week. So if you wanted to spend everything you earn, you'd be able to buy one common egg every week. I think that's what the sentence you quoted means, rather than relating to earning the shards. :)

Aww ok thanks for the explaination. 

I still think the limit should be higher, though.

12 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

Clicking on the number at the top (that represents your shard count) will take you to the Market. :)

vsOMNlb.png

That being said, I agree with the suggestion to have something more visual like you suggested!

A hard refresh should fix this and show the shard symbol like in my screenshot above.

I definitely agree with the suggestions though. I especially support the suggestions to do with the visuals. Perhaps even replacing 'Trading' in the top menu with 'Marketplace' and then taking you to a screen with the option between the 'Trading Hut' and the 'Market Stalls' or something. ^_^

Thank you very much, I update my post now.

As of now, catching an AP egg gives you +1 shard, and abandoning it again let's you keep that shard. Thus, a sort-of-effective-but-slow way to grind shards.

I personally don't think this is a big deal at all, because that's presumably why we have a weekly cap on the shards. Also, it's a nice way to get the last 10 shards or so you need at the end of the week.

But I did want to post it, just in case this is not how @TJ09 intended it to work, or to keep it in mind for future changes (if the cap changes, etc etc.)

32 minutes ago, Naruhina_94 said:

Hello guys, let me thanks everyone involved to add the Market and Trading Hut into the game. It is a big step forward and I'm really glad to see it, I hope my suggestions will be seen as a way to improve them even more ;)

1) The Market has no easy to spot links into the game. If there wasn't a nice guy pointing it to me I would have never found it. Therefore I suggest to implement it clearly into the game account and making it work accordingly with the Trading Hub since they both serve the pourpose of trading/aquiring eggs.

When I click on Trading it would be nice to see two nice looking images, one with the Trading Hut title and the other one with Market title. 

Hmm I'm fine with the current simplified desgin. It looks clean and tidy. Although it wouldn't hurt if adding an extra tag beside 'trading' as 'Market'. But adding image doesn't sound attarctive to me. And it also make the process complicate (e.g. then you have to click trading, then choose whether it is market or trading hub, which I would prefer current direct layout).

I tend to dislike any adding-step-design because when I'm using my phone, I would definitely like the direct button. And not to mention sometime the internet is not stable enough, loading one page is already difficult, loading more pages or adding steps would not make it easier.

1 minute ago, Shelybear said:

Hmm I'm fine with the current simplified desgin. It looks clean and tidy. Although it wouldn't hurt if adding an extra tag beside 'trading' as 'Market'. But adding image doesn't sound attarctive to me. And it also make the process complicate (e.g. then you have to click trading, then choose whether it is market or trading hub, which I would prefer current direct layout).

I tend to dislike any adding-step-design because when I'm using my phone, I would definitely like the direct button. And not to mention sometime the internet is not stable enough, loading one page is already difficult, loading more pages or adding steps would not make it easier.

Many things differentiate from mobile view and computer view. This would certanly be one of those. In the mobile view no image would be showed, just 2 links; Market and trading hut.

Alternatively when clicking on trading it would automatically shows Trading hut page with a top button to press to switch to Market. The top scroll link to Market would still remain, too.

This solutions allows to have to ways to enter the market, a direct one and one easier to spot.

3 minutes ago, Naruhina_94 said:

Many things differentiate from mobile view and computer view. This would certanly be one of those. In the mobile view no image would be showed, just 2 links; Market and trading hut.

Alternatively when clicking on trading it would automatically shows Trading hut page with a top button to press to switch to Market. The top scroll link to Market would still remain, too.

This solutions allows to have to ways to enter the market, a direct one and one easier to spot.

I'm sorry but I still think the current design is already good. Once you know where market is, it's all clear. The only problem is that the tag is not so obvious. For example myslef didn't find the page by myself at first glance. But after I knew it I have totally no problem with that...

I'm adding my voice in as far as being able to buy prize dragons into the market. It's really impossible to get those via the raffle unless you get insanely lucky. I would love to able to save up to get a CB of those. Maybe we could do special quests/ missions to get more shards or being able to get things you can't get in the cave ((Ie: NDs and GONs)) when you finish them. Thus allowing those who wanted to freeze hatchlings to finally get them for completionist reasons? Also, what about a holiday shop that would open up during the holiday to allow us to buy them instead of the holiday biome? Caps still in place aside from Halloween of course. :)  

WB

I'm definitely in favor of figuring out a way for the location-specific dragons like Coppers and Xenos to be added to the Market.

Does that mean, Zyumorphs, Neglecteds etc. will not be coming to the Market?

I miss it that I can reach only a plus of 100g per Week. Already reached it. I understand you want to prevent people from grinding and getting eggs too easy.

Well, lets see how that might get altered...

I would also prefer the missing location-bound dragons be added, though I'm not sure the randomized option should be the only one. Perhaps a lower-priced random egg with a more expensive specific option, or (less preferable) a two-step purchasing process wherein you buy your way in to the "back room" and then select your specific copper/xeno/zyu/etc?

29 minutes ago, Fiona said:

I'm definitely in favor of figuring out a way for the location-specific dragons like Coppers and Xenos to be added to the Market.

Agreed. And I see two ways that might work, depending on how they're coded.

If these breeds are coded to be Copper: version depending on biome, you could just sell them as being from that biome, with an indicator that they were bought. Like this: Location: Market (Alpine).

If the biome affiliation isn't necessary to determine type, you could always just keep the Market biome to give us more breeding options when dealing with Coppers and other breeds where the outcome depends on biome.

I think I partially get the confusion about trio and gold prices. After all, it seems like trios are in a draught (=overpopulated, thus more expensive than usual), while golds seem to breed better than last year (or thereabout), meaning they aren't overpopulated right now. Another point to think about is that Trios were introduced as true rares like Golds and Silvers - as evidenced by the rare x rare breeding restriction working against Trios. (For those who don't know: Back in 2009, it was impossible to breed rare x rare, like Gold x Gold or Gold x Silver. This included Trios, like Magma x Magma or Thunder x Gold, for example. Attempts to breed these pairings resulted in an automatic refusal.)

That being said, I'm more than just happy to see the market implemented. 40 weeks of waiting now, and I'll have the missing CB gold. Hopefully. If the price stays. :)

Edited by olympe

1 hour ago, Wolfs_Bane said:

I'm adding my voice in as far as being able to buy prize dragons into the market. It's really impossible to get those via the raffle unless you get insanely lucky. I would love to able to save up to get a CB of those. Maybe we could do special quests/ missions to get more shards or being able to get things you can't get in the cave ((Ie: NDs and GONs)) when you finish them. Thus allowing those who wanted to freeze hatchlings to finally get them for completionist reasons? Also, what about a holiday shop that would open up during the holiday to allow us to buy them instead of the holiday biome? Caps still in place aside from Halloween of course. :)  

WB

All good except for getting rid of the holiday biome. The Market should rather be a way to get holidays beyond the limits(since shards are already slow to get, Shop purchases don't influence the biome competition and in general breed overall limits are not needed in the shop at all, the shop atm has little use anyways, without all those currently missing things, and well, I'm not one of those who want a CB Gold or other regular CB rare, I  even can't use shop-purchased eggs for zombie fodding because wrong tombstones; well, good for those who do have some use of the shop but if sth can get more useful for more people, why shouldn't it..?), or at least to get the choosen breed without hunting/competing, but definitely not instead of the biome... which was just introduced... I believe people will still rather try to trade here, instead of spending shards (assumed they have anything to earn for, well, I currently don't^^; I'd still rather keep them than waste them that way - what if sth I'd actually need IS introduced to the shop someday? I'd rather keep shards just in case)

Still, tbh, if over-limits CB holidays are to be expensive enough to make it impossible to get at least 8 a year, I'd have no use of that either... hoped to end up getting 5CBs (3 forzen) per breed, 2 such breeds being released per year which makes 6 I'd MUST get per year plus add past breeds... even with 2 of these per year it's 20 breeds so far, 3 beyond-limit needed each, which makes 60, with 2 a year, congratulations, I'd need 30 years to get them all(congrats, that day finally comes and I'm 55, and that's assumed I missed not a single weekful of shards)... RIP. Wish for it to need more like 3-5 years, the only anyhow reasonable time. And not to mention CB Prizes in the way, assumed they get introduced (2 breeds, 3 alts each, I won 0,=I'd need 12 Prizes (so they make PBing pairs), which are likely to be priced 1 per year...). 42 years... plus any fails to gather all 100 Shards every single week in all those 42 years...

well anyway
(please still don't ping me by Quoting, thanks)

Edited by VixenDra

@olympe in the past month I got four CB Trios half unexpectedly for throwaway trades. Something that of course wouldn’t happen for a Gold. So I think it’s still too high. O___o

@Kegluneq Having to choose between buying a bunch of cheap things or one big expensive thing is exactly how currency works, haha. If people could get everything then it’d basically be automatically dispensing a CB Gold to every user every 40 weeks or so. Obviously there’s wiggle room for how high things should be priced, but it makes perfect sense that you have to pick one thing or the other to focus on. And with shard collecting—not sure if you saw the original market suggestion thread, but the majority of us were adamantly AGAINST allowing grinding. The cave already heavily favors those with a ton of time (via letting them sit in the cave hunting), so having a currency was a nice way to let us working stiffs have a more stable, time-management-friendly way to get goodies, even if it takes much longer. If grinding was a thing then those with more time would again easily outpace those with less. Again, though, there’s room for debate on how much should be earnable  in a week, but I like the caps.

There's no Witchlights!

Just joking! Although, I have caught at least 10 chickens in the past two months so not sure why they're high in price atm