TJ09

Market Feedback

Message added by TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

I think the market Place is for Most of the user‘s right now useless.

The eggs I‘m looking for are not in the market( Zombies,necrolected,...)

why Not to offer all eggs to the market, Make difference egg in difference  number  Appear. For example  egg1 to buy x number, egg2 to buy y number, which will renew after some time. To get difference  eggs  you have to revisit the Shop the day again?

I'd be much more okay (not happy, but okay) with the idea of winning shards if it were done in a totally separate raffle. I don't care if, statistically, I have no less chance of winning a Prize instead of shards.... I enter the raffle for Prizes. That's the whole reason the raffle exists, Prizes. I don't want to enter a raffle to win something I'm not interested in having, I want to enter the raffle for Prizes and Prizes only.

edit: @schneck007 TJ has stated that only dragons currently available in the biomes are available in the Market, and that makes sense to me. You can't catch zombies or neglecteds, after all, you have to *make* them... They aren't breedable, you can't grab them from the biomes, you have to do specific things to *make* them. So it doesn't really make much sense to just be able to buy them.

Edited by HeatherMarie

1 hour ago, perzephone said:

People can and have won the raffle more than once. It's not 'wasting your luck' like what @Sirithiliel mentioned, either. That's nonsense. A person might win shards one month, and a Prize dragon the next. Or they might get shards twice in a row. Or, nothing at all. If you win shards that month, it doesn't necessarily mean you would have won a Prize dragon. Just like if you win a Bronze Prize it doesn't necessarily mean you would have won a Gold. You won something, which is better than "oh, better luck next month".

Adding raffle prize categories means that the winner pool increases, giving more people a chance to win something. I don't know the actual statistics on it, because I don't know how many people actually enter the raffle each month, and the monthly entry numbers probably fluctuate considerably. (Plus, I'm terrible at math).

I think I agree with this. Right now, it's almost impossible to win a prize. We get 12 miniscule chances a year against hundreds (thousands?) of other people entering. Many people already have 2+ CB Prizes, so the trade threads are heavily skewed as a result of the raffles. That makes Prizes even more exclusive. At least with an HM prize of shards, that chance of winning is increased. I can see what @HeatherMarie is getting at it, but something is better than nothing, right? There's no guarantee that the person entering would have won a Prize anyway. And if they don't want the shards--no problem, they can just not spend them. 

But of course, I still would prefer that the Prizes be introduced into the store over all of this, even if they cost 500,000 shards. That's roughly an entire year of meeting the shard quota weekly without any spending.

Sad to see coppers and xenos aren't included :( Those are things I tend to seek (and miss) so having them in the store would have been nice. 

Would it be possible to put biome-variety dragons in one breed category, and then get a random egg? Like, I buy a copper, and then find out which kind it was? It would be like going to the grocery store to buy oranges, and not knowing until I get there if the oranges are from Florida or Ecuador. 

1 hour ago, schneck007 said:

I think the market Place is for Most of the user‘s right now useless.

The eggs I‘m looking for are not in the market( Zombies,necrolected,...)

why Not to offer all eggs to the market, Make difference egg in difference  number  Appear. For example  egg1 to buy x number, egg2 to buy y number, which will renew after some time. To get difference  eggs  you have to revisit the Shop the day again?

And how do you expect to buy a zombie egg if zombies don't have eggs, and even hatchlings are automaticaly frozen if zombiefied? And neglecteds aren't that hard to make, although it takes time, at some diligence, a fair bit of luck and time. (Did I mention time?)

I'm not sure I understand you correctly, but do you mean to suggest that only 2 kinds of dragon eggs should be available on any given day? If so, nope. Not a good idea. We already have a system like that in place. It's called Cave Hunting. ;) We don't need that kind of thing for the market.

14 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

I can see what @HeatherMarie is getting at it, but something is better than nothing, right? There's no guarantee that the person entering would have won a Prize anyway. And if they don't want the shards--no problem, they can just not spend them.

Um no. I would not be happy to win shards - something I would get anyway by just playing. They would not be better than nothing. Sure if I was stuck wit them, I'd spend them, but I don't want the raffle sort of watered down in that way. I'd far rather see prizes in store at HUGE prices.

No to shards as prizes. I'm entering the raffle for the chance at a prize dragon, not shards that I could earn myself. I'm with @HeatherMarie on this one. 

3 hours ago, Shokomon said:

I don't use Daily Fix, and I still have to actually see them, and I have other things I need to do than scan hatcheries all day.

I recommend it. It doesn't take all day. Or even an hour. I probably spend less than 10 minutes a day clicking the required number of dragons. It is a small site, so you can see all the dragons on the site easily in just a short time, click on the ones you need and be done.

@perzephone No thank you. I would rather keep the raffle just for Prizes if Prizes cannot be purchased with shards. I would be extremely disappointed to win the raffle and get nothing but shards, which have other ways of being obtained. The shards won't get me a Prize, and a Prize is the only reason I am interested in entering the lottery.

Also no to shards as prizes. I considered it, but I don't see the point really. .

3 hours ago, perzephone said:

People can and have won the raffle more than once. It's not 'wasting your luck' like what @Sirithiliel mentioned, either. That's nonsense. A person might win shards one month, and a Prize dragon the next. Or they might get shards twice in a row. Or, nothing at all. If you win shards that month, it doesn't necessarily mean you would have won a Prize dragon. Just like if you win a Bronze Prize it doesn't necessarily mean you would have won a Gold. You won something, which is better than "oh, better luck next month".

Adding raffle prize categories means that the winner pool increases, giving more people a chance to win something. I don't know the actual statistics on it, because I don't know how many people actually enter the raffle each month, and the monthly entry numbers probably fluctuate considerably. (Plus, I'm terrible at math).

(If the primary beef is the amount of shards I listed as potential prizes, I just listed those numbers as an example, because I don't think in terms of 'x' for numerical values).

i do count it as wasting my luck, nonsense or not. Because i dont win things. And if i did, call me superstitious, but it'd probably be the ONLY time i'll ever win something

i'd much rather my single lucky win of a raffle be for a prize

you might think it's nonsense, but the fact i have literally won nothing all my life when it comes to raffles and random draws of a name and any of that other stuff makes me thinkj that the one time i do would be when the prize isn't anything i actually need. I don't care about shards, because there is no dragon in the market i even need. Sure i'd want another CB female gold just so i have 2, but i don't NEED it. I have a CB of everything except prizes. I even managed to trade for some neglecteds, and make a few zombies. But i cannot get a prize, and no amount of shards is going to fix that

in short, nonsense or not, i would not be happy winning shards. Because to my mind, that could've been a prize raffle win. Sure, it might not have been. But at least if i lose, i lose. And if i won...i want it to be for a prize. Not some currency that has no bloody use to me 

basically, i'd like to see prizes be less restricted and exclusive to only those who have one. Putting them on the store, even for a year of collecting shards every week, is better than being utterly locked out of hte market because only a handful of people win prizes each month, and prize owners only trade with other prize owners or want cb metals

Edited by Sirithiliel

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

@perzephone No thank you. I would rather keep the raffle just for Prizes if Prizes cannot be purchased with shards. I would be extremely disappointed to win the raffle and get nothing but shards, which have other ways of being obtained. The shards won't get me a Prize, and a Prize is the only reason I am interested in entering the lottery.

This. I would not enter a shards-only raffle because that's not what I want to win, so entering a *Prize* raffle only to end up with shards instead would be very disappointing. And yeah, especially since you can't buy Prizes in the Market, winning shards as opposed to winning a Prize is really worthless in terms of *why* I enter the raffle in the first place.

2 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

500,000 shards

Er, at the current rate of 100 per week that's actually 5000 weeks to gather, or 96 years. (just had to point this out, sorry)

I don't think a lower tier raffle prize of shards would be useful, unless either prizes or market-exclusive dragons are added to the market itself. After a certain point a user doesn't need any more CBs except perhaps a few specific dragons, and as the market eggs are untradable, start off at 7 days, and require a minimum of 1 week's worth, it's more beneficial to just trade for almost any CB dragon anyway.

To me it's a shame that CB Tinsels and Shimmers aren't in the market, I hope that can change in the future :) 

Also I think that prices for existing things could definitely use some tweaking (even if they are based on current cave ratios or whatever, the perceived value of things still matters in the end, e.g. not many ppl would value a Chicken more than a Gold even if the former happens to be technically rarer in the Cave)... :D 

On the topic of shards and the raffle... Tbh I don't understand why everyone is so upset about the idea of introducing shards as a raffle prize? XD Not that I am stongly for or against it, but...just because there are shards as ADDITIONAL prizes in the pool, a participant's chances to win a CB Prize dragon in the raffle aren't recuded - from the point of distributing goodies this system is actually even better coz the same number of people get the same amount of CB Prizes with the same chances, PLUS a few users get shards! Or am I missing smth obvious here? :P 

If the way I understand this is correct, then sure, I don't see why not!

Edit to add/change this: Let me see... The one thing I think would need to be done is making ppl who win shards eligible for entering the next raffle, as in, not counting as true 'Prize winners'.. Iffff the raffle currently has limitations on entering if you won a CB Prize - does it? I honestly forgot, never won a CB Prize, lol :lol:  What I'm trying to say is that, if I'm not imagining things and there are limitations I mentioned in place, then I don't think that shards should count as an actual prize in terms of preventing participation. They should only act as additional gifts. Would that solve the 'wasting luck' problem maybe?

If no such limits exist, then disregard this part pls, and I'll make sure to have my memory checked, haha :D 

Edited by Tears in Rain

I kinda like the idea of adding a shard category to the Raffle if we add Prize dragons to the Marketplace. Not that I'd mind winning shards without the ability to buy Prizes, but it'd fit in more if winning the lowest tier prize from the raffle still gets you a fair bit of progress towards your own CB Prize. On that note, I'd really like having the ability to work towards a CB Prize, just in general. Biome-specific dragons would also be nice, but yes please to buying CB Prizes. Even if it takes two years of effort it'd still be delightful to be able to actively work towards getting one rather than hoping fortune smiles upon me. 

4 minutes ago, Tears in Rain said:

On the topic of shards and the raffle... Tbh I don't understand why everyone is so upset about the idea of introducing shards as a raffle prize? XD Not that I am stongly for or against it, but...just because there are shards as ADDITIONAL prizes in the pool, a participant's chances to win a CB Prize dragon in the raffle aren't recuded - from the point of distributing goodies this system is actually even better coz the same number of people get the same amount of CB Prizes with the same chances, PLUS a few users get shards! Or am I missing smth obvious here? :P 

Because that's not why we enter the raffle. It doesn't matter that our chances at a Prize won't change, we don't *want* to win shards in a raffle, we want to win a Prize. And despite what some people have said, it's not 'better then nothing' because some of us simply don't *want* shards or won't use them. It's like entering a raffle for a car and getting a toaster instead... I don't want the toaster, I don't need the toaster, I won't use the toaster, I didn't enter for the toaster. I'm okay (ish) with shards being won through a raffle, but a *different* raffle, not the raffle that people enter specifically to get Prizes.

1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

Because that's not why we enter the raffle. It doesn't matter that our chances at a Prize won't change, we don't *want* to win shards in a raffle, we want to win a Prize. And despite what some people have said, it's not 'better then nothing' because some of us simply don't *want* shards or won't use them. It's like entering a raffle for a car and getting a toaster instead... I don't want the toaster, I don't need the toaster, I won't use the toaster, I didn't enter for the toaster. I'm okay (ish) with shards being won through a raffle, but a *different* raffle, not the raffle that people enter specifically to get Prizes.

I already read your similar statements on this above, so I'm afraid your response doesn't change my opinion on this. I guess I just don't really understand/share that kind of sentiment, sorry about that! :lol: But thanks for taking the time to reply to me.

7 hours ago, Shokomon said:

It seems you need to have either clicked an egg or observed enough to get access to either BUY it from the Market or SEARCH for it in the Trading Hub.

Yeah, when testing it yesterday, I needed to check about dozen eggs to unlock a new encyclopedia entry. Whereas clicking on adults did absolutely nothing, they had to be eggs.

Still haven't unlocked any of the dinos, because I couldn't find enough eggs on hatchery sites. And no way to unlock the holiday dragon entries as far as I see it, since there are currently no eggs of those.

Edited by Genjar

11 minutes ago, Tears in Rain said:

This is pretty much my point. It doesn't skew the odds or make Prizes unwinnable - it just adds an extra level of stuff a player could win.

I'm not just thinking of myself here, either - there's nothing in the Egg Market that I want to buy right now, and I'll probably never spend any shards because I've been playing long enough that my collecting, aside from new eggs, is almost complete. Winning shards doesn't give people like myself an unfair advantage, and if another player wins 2000 shards, they can still only buy so many dragon eggs at any one time.

Which brings me to another thought - it might be nice to be able to gift shards to other players. Because unless Holidays or Prizes or Neglecteds or something are offered, I will probably never spend my shards. So it's kind of pointless for me to even have the currency (not that it will stop me from earning it in the hopes of Black Marrows during Halloween).

if i saw a 'you won a raffle' email in my inbox, and opened it up to find shards instead of a prize, i'd be crushed instead of happy. I don't care if it doesn't change my odds for a prize. How do you know that? How do you know that my name ending up there for a shard win, means that i didn't get that slot for a prize win?

Not unless prize winners were drawn first, and THEN shard winners drawn, so that every shard winner is 100% a loser on the prize drawing

Maybe i'm just pessimistic because i have been unlucky over and over and over. I've tried for eight years now to win a Windstone during their raffle. Every single month, i've entered their raffle, for eight years.

i've been trying to win a raffle here since they were implemented, first when it was just a yearly holiday thing, and now a monthly. I've made sure i've always gotten my name into the pot, and no luck. I would be estatic, over the moon to win. I could finally breed prize lineages i want, i could trade for other lineages i want to make checkers, without being told 'sorry, i only want a 2nd gen prize for this or 3 cb golds'

seeing a win for shards would be a crushing disappointment to me, nto something to be happy about. Not unless prizes were put into the market and i could use those shards to go buy one myself

Marketplace eggs can be abandoned, just not traded.

I get that the prices are there to be balanced but it's too high, half a year for a gold, a year for a chicken, even the really basic stuff is overpriced, It takes two weeks minimum to earn a SCRIPT dragon, and scripts are a breed so common that YOU should be the one getting paid for taking it.

Also prizes should be available for purchase, please give us a way to actually earn one, they're too OP!

As for shards as prizes, if shards where a separate lotto then heck yes!

Edited by blockEdragon

There are some strange prices - but half a year (9 months actually ?) for a gold seems p[perfectly reasonable. They ARE rare; they can't suddenly be dead easy to buy. And prices are high - yes. But there are still the biomes, where things cost nothing.

Also - crucially - until this has been running for a while we won't know how it affects the other ways to get eggs (catching, breeding.) There cannot be the risk of major disruption to the game itself (as happened the moment prizes were introduced in the first place.) It really neds to bed down before it gets modified for anything other than glitches.

11 minutes ago, blockEdragon said:

I get that the prices are there to be balanced but it's too high, half a year for a gold, a year for a chicken, even the really basic stuff is overpriced, It takes two weeks minimum to earn a SCRIPT dragon, and scripts are a breed so common that YOU should be the one getting paid for taking it.

Also prizes should be available for purchase, please give us a way to actually earn one, they're too OP!

As for shards as prizes, if shards where a separate lotto then heck yes!

I've gone nine years without getting a CB Silver or Gold. Now I can finally get one, and having to wait only a half a year for it is nothing compared to how much time I've spent looking for one in the cave.

Edited by Genjar

We don't even know if the ratios are here to stay like this yet. It was released with a new release, where ratios are definitely out of the ordinary, and half a day later Golds and Silvers had already decreased slightly from the price they were at initial release.

I know golds are hard to get, I also hold the position that golds/silvers are too rare and it's not good game design and it needs to change, it SHOULDN'T take you years to find the pixel, the game should be practical for most people to play to it's fullest without not having a life or cheating. Don't make them common or anything but don't let them stay THIS absurdly rare, I KNOW spawn rates VS demand are a huge factor, I know they're technically more common then chickens but people just want them more, but when the demand gets this out of hand something needs adjustment.