TJ09

Market Feedback

Message added by TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

@angelicdragonpuppy: Well, first of all, I said that I partially get the prices. Partially. 

But there's another factor to consider: CB Golds have been DC's standard currency for so long that most people wouldn't trade them for anything but 2nd gen prizes or neglecteds, no matter how rare they actually are. Trios never had that role. So, even if golds would drop twice as often as each of the Trios right now, people would never trade 2 CB Golds for 1 CB Trio due to perceived rarity. Fact is that we don't know how rare each breed actually is, but have a very strong perception of this due to the amount we can catch, breeding results and/or availability on the market (and for what).

6 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

I am confused about the presence of a day glory and lunar herald but not the night glory or fire gems.

They seem to change automatically - and they aren't an issue as they are TIME dependent, not location dependent. Day glroies are showing now, forinstance.

4 hours ago, OrcaFreak said:

Just a few quick questions/remarks:

* no biome-based alts are available in the market, like zuy's, xeno's and coppers, for whatever reason

Yet I can buy a purple floret, but not a golden one, and I can buy a blue two-headed lindwyrm, and not the green one :huh:

---> edit: ridgewing would also fit here, although that's not an entirely biome-based alt

Huh ?

1 hour ago, Shelybear said:

Hmm I'm fine with the current simplified desgin. It looks clean and tidy. Although it wouldn't hurt if adding an extra tag beside 'trading' as 'Market'. But adding image doesn't sound attarctive to me. And it also make the process complicate (e.g. then you have to click trading, then choose whether it is market or trading hub, which I would prefer current direct layout).

I tend to dislike any adding-step-design because when I'm using my phone, I would definitely like the direct button. And not to mention sometime the internet is not stable enough, loading one page is already difficult, loading more pages or adding steps would not make it easier.

I agree. A nice clean page, like a catalogue, works for me.

47 minutes ago, Fiona said:

I'm definitely in favor of figuring out a way for the location-specific dragons like Coppers and Xenos to be added to the Market.

I agree here. There must be a way...

I also would like to see a way for biome specific dragons to be in market. Aside from golds, silvers, and prizes those are the ones I have the most trouble catching in the cave.

And seconding the question about whether holiday dragons will be available in the market. I know we have the new biomes, but sometimes we don't have as much time to hunt.

Some biome-specific dragons would be nice; especially the Xenos, those can be a right pain to get. Although I gotta say I'm against having prizes and holidays available: holidays being released outside their event would make the actual holiday less exciting, and allowing prizes to be bought defeats the purpose of them being raffle prizes.

Perhaps, the reason prizes arent available at this time, is to give the shop a chance to be tested on a larger scale and see how it affects things before we add in the insanity of those harder to place rares. It makes sense to me that biome specific, and "not currently in cave" breeds wouldn't be there from the beginning. On the upside, we seem to have new potential for those biome specific pairings, despite them (specifically) not being available in the market. If it works like we hoped in the shop thread, these new "market" biome eggs will hopefully work like the old "cave" biome eggs, and open the door for new checker and other lineage potentials.

Personally, I am content to wait and give it a few months, see how it works out. Overall though, I am pleased to see that the time based pricing structures and fluctuating prices are a thing. While yes, some things seem to be really over priced right now, chances are that after awhile, we will see those shift more towards more "reasonable" prices as the cave tries to balance itself out with the market. I expect there to be some annoying hitches while the kinks and (potential) bugs are worked out. The "Things not in the cave are not currently available in the market" comment from the OP gives me hope that eventually, the prizes and other dragons might squeak their way in.

2 minutes ago, ForeverFlygon said:

Some biome-specific dragons would be nice; especially the Xenos, those can be a right pain to get. Although I gotta say I'm against having prizes and holidays available: holidays being released outside their event would make the actual holiday less exciting, and allowing prizes to be bought defeats the purpose of them being raffle prizes.

I was referring to holidays during holiday time. You can catch them in their new biomes for a week before their actual holiday now.

Having looked the Market over, I have to say I'm mostly happy with it.

Design

I'm in favour of keeping it as it is. While a picture and maybe some fluff would be nice, I can see why people with a weak internet connection might prefer not to add such things. Loading the list of available dragons will take long enough.

And I'd really like to keep that list, because that way I can just scroll down the alphabetical order to the thing I need in one swoop, instead of clicking my finger off when only 3 (or however many) breeds are listed at once, with an arrow to get to the next batch !

Choices

Here's the one thing I could be (a little) happier about: The biome-specific alts. Xenos, Zyus, Coppers are the ones that come to mind immediately. Them being quite tricky to catch they'd be an ideal goal to save up to. Hopefully they can be implemented in the future (with whatever biome nominator attached to them).

If the time-specific breeds are only available during their specific timeframe (day/night/lunar constellation/season) I'm totally happy with that. Being only available at specific times is part of those breeds after all.

Price dragons... I'm undecided about those. It would be really nice to be able to save up for one (or a few), but if they are to stay really special, meaning raffle prices, I'd be fine with that. With the raffles putting out quite a few of them each month, lineage building should get possible even without having CBs (eventually).

Similarly undecided about CB Hybrids. Some gorgeous lineages would be made possible, but the whole breed concept of them being hybrids would be put down the drain by making an indefinite number of them available. So, as enticing as the idea is from a breeder's point of view, I'd be sorry to see the dragon lore go to make it possible.

Neglecteds and Zombies are a special mechanic. The whole point of Neglecteds is getting the "process" right, so selling them would defeat the purpose. For Zombies, getting the "ingredients" is part of the process of making them, so same thing there.

Earning Currency

In my opinion it's perfect ! Earn currency only through normal everyday actions (not playing some same game for the gazillionth time or whatnot), with no pressure to be there, well, every day, and no grind due to a realistically achievable cap. This is supposed to be a game that's rather laid back for current internet standards, and I'd love it to stay that way.

Prices

I like them as they are. Need that common fast, but it won't show up right now ? Buy it for a week's change. Saving up 6+ months for a rare ? Great, because that way it is still a fantastic thing to catch one in the cave, but if that doesn't work out you'll still get one, eventually. (In less than a year, no less !) Prices for "fun breeds" (like chickens, papers, dinos) way out there ? Good. They are supposed to be freakish coincidences, not standard rares. (They might be more common in the biomes, but the idea behind them is being a joke that's only thrown in now and then.) They are unbreedable anyway, so they don't need to be bought regularly, the shop's purpose is to help along with things people need, not necessarily with things people want to hoard just for the heck of it. At least that's what I thought.

So all in all I'm absolutely happy about our new Market, and the only thing I'd really like to see improved would be the availability of biome-specific Alts. Because they are exactly one of the things (just another normal dragon, but tricky to get) the market should help with.

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

I also would like a sort by price option.

I think a drop-down filter would be nice, but I don't really have any good ideas for anything besides maybe dragon type from the Encyclopedia or original Biome.

ETA:  The indent of the text below the bar looks weird.  I'm sure it's consistent with many other places on the site, but looks weird formatted like that under an image vs. under a heading.

Edited by Moranna

My initial reaction is very, very happy!   When TJ brought back only the raffles, I thought that meant the shop idea would never happen.  I hope that someday Xenos and Zyus will be added, because many players still don't have them. 

(I'm just heartbroken Papers are so blasted expensive.   No way I'm saving my shards that long for just one frozen hatchie!)

46 minutes ago, Lantean_Pegasus said:

Similarly undecided about CB Hybrids. Some gorgeous lineages would be made possible, but the whole breed concept of them being hybrids would be put down the drain by making an indefinite number of them available. So, as enticing as the idea is from a breeder's point of view, I'd be sorry to see the dragon lore go to make it possible.

Neglecteds and Zombies are a special mechanic. The whole point of Neglecteds is getting the "process" right, so selling them would defeat the purpose. For Zombies, getting the "ingredients" is part of the process of making them, so same thing there.

Earning Currency

In my opinion it's perfect ! Earn currency only through normal everyday actions (not playing some same game for the gazillionth time or whatnot), with no pressure to be there, well, every day, and no grind due to a realistically achievable cap. This is supposed to be a game that's rather laid back for current internet standards, and I'd love it to stay that way.

i agree with all this :)

But I would like to see a way to get biome variants and prizes included. And I am interested in ridgies and dorsals - can we not get tans and reds in the store - or is it random, as in the biomes? If random the fact that they will use up our shards AND be - not what we wanted - could be really annoying.

With biome variants (Zyu, Gold Floret, Xeno) couldn’t having a separate “market” for each would work? Gaias, I imagine, would be more expensive then say a Pyro. It doesn’t matter to me as I won’t really use the Market but...

I'm really happy that we have the Market now. Now I actually have a CHANCE at getting a Gold without metaphorically selling half my limbs in trades...and that's if I'm LUCKY. I'm not too worried about the biome alt thing or the prizes, there's potential for that to change since we have Copper and Two-Headed Lindwyrm there already.

I'm not complaining about Neglected or Zombies. There's a specific process to getting those. as much as I'd love to just purchase one, it likely wouldn't be the same.

I doubt Holidays will be there because, since they're listed as Market, wouldn't they count as CBs? I know Halloween is exempt to the CB holiday rule so...yeah... Not seeing how Christmas and Valentine holidays would ever get into the Market, so I'm not really holding my breath on that one. Unless somehow Market is not CB but...not seeing how it couldn't be. Haven't purchased a Market egg to confirm.

My only issue so far is unlocking the Encyclopedia entry for the last few eggs I need. I keep viewing dergs on the Encyclopedia Helpers but they won't freaking unlock! Do you need to view an egg to unlock it in the Market? Really the only thing I haven't viewed for what I need...

Edited by animatedrose

I got no issues with the market as it is, other than the lack of biome-specific breeds. I think Xenos should all have the same price, and same goes for Zyumorphs.

The market doesn't seem to match the breeds that I've unlocked in the encyclopedia. Specifically, I've unlocked the Seasonals, regular Luminas, and all Dinos except the Stego, but those are "locked" in the market for me. Strangely, the Stego is unlocked for me (which is the only breed I haven't unlocked in the encyclopedia except for Neglecteds).

Screenshots (they're gigantic, sorry):

Spoiler

Dinos unlocked:

8XmgTRn.png

Dinos locked in Market:

N70maSL.png

Seasonals unlocked:

wU6sZFR.png

Seasonals locked in Market:

lkXgR19.png

Edit: Wait, does unlocked mean you can see the image in the Encyclopedia, or does it mean you can see the egg image in the species pages of the encyclopedia? I can see the Stego eggs but not the adults, and I can see the adults of the other Dinos but not the eggs. I think some clarification on what "unlocked" means in this context would be really helpful, both on the Market page and the Encyclopedia page.

Edited by GhostMouse

Idea: What if biome-specific breeds were in the shop, and only one specific variant is available at any given time? Want a different one? Wait for the shop to rotate stock, or go hunt in the cave. It could even be set up to display variants as if current biome was, say, Volcano for 3 days, then Coast for 3 days, etc. If a breed doesn't have variants for that biome, like Pyrals on Forest day, it could go out of stock until its variant biomes are up.

Edited by TCA

7 minutes ago, GhostMouse said:

The market doesn't seem to match the breeds that I've unlocked in the encyclopedia. Specifically, I've unlocked the Seasonals, regular Luminas, and all Dinos except the Stego, but those are "locked" in the market for me. Strangely, the Stego is unlocked for me (which is the only breed I haven't unlocked in the encyclopedia except for Neglecteds).

Screenshots (they're gigantic, sorry):

Reveal hidden contents

Dinos unlocked:

8XmgTRn.png

Dinos locked in Market:

N70maSL.png

Seasonals unlocked:

wU6sZFR.png

Seasonals locked in Market:

lkXgR19.png

I have a similar problem with the dinos. All are unlocked in the encyclopedia but I can only buy green and blue eggs. Red, yellow and purple are locked.

18 minutes ago, TCA said:

Idea: What if biome-specific breeds were in the shop, and only one specific variant is available at any given time? Want a different one? Wait for the shop to rotate stock, or go hunt in the cave. It could even be set up to display variants as if current biome was, say, Volcano for 3 days, then Coast for 3 days, etc. If a breed doesn't have variants for that biome, like Pyrals on Forest day, it could go out of stock until its variant biomes are up.

I could totally get on board with that! Would make it more like a 'real' Market, too, because in real life not everything is going to be in stock all the time.

(I will not comment on Prizes, I will not I will not......)

As far as the caps on how much you can earn per week, I'm *very* glad that part of the 'Traders Canyon' suggestion was carried into the Market. And this is speaking as someone who could easily earn a CB Gold in like a month if there were no caps (seriously, that's how much I play this dang game). It makes everything so much more equal and fair, which is pretty much the opposite of actual biome-hunting where people who have the time to sit there for hours are waaayyyy more advantaged. I also very very much like that you have to prioritize and pick what exactly you want to buy... If you really want that CB Gold as soon as possible, you can't be buying a common every week, you have to save up instead. If you decide that CB Golds aren't important enough to refrain from buying anything for that long, you can get some commons fairly quickly. I very much like the concept of having to prioritize in games, decide what *you* believe is more worth it, rather then just being able to get everything all the time.

1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

As far as the caps on how much you can earn per week, I'm *very* glad that part of the 'Traders Canyon' suggestion was carried into the Market. And this is speaking as someone who could easily earn a CB Gold in like a month if there were no caps (seriously, that's how much I play this dang game). It makes everything so much more equal and fair, which is pretty much the opposite of actual biome-hunting where people who have the time to sit there for hours are waaayyyy more advantaged. I also very very much like that you have to prioritize and pick what exactly you want to buy... If you really want that CB Gold as soon as possible, you can't be buying a common every week, you have to save up instead. If you decide that CB Golds aren't important enough to refrain from buying anything for that long, you can get some commons fairly quickly. I very much like the concept of having to prioritize in games, decide what *you* believe is more worth it, rather then just being able to get everything all the time.

Yes indeed. The one thing that bothered me about the store thread was the number of people who seemed OK with grinding. Making choices is the way to go.

51 minutes ago, animatedrose said:

My only issue so far is unlocking the Encyclopedia entry for the last few eggs I need. I keep viewing dergs on the Encyclopedia Helpers but they won't freaking unlock! Do you need to view an egg to unlock it in the Market? Really the only thing I haven't viewed for what I need...

I’ve never had to actively unlock the egg first to get it in the Encyclopedia, I just need at least the adult sprite to be unlocked for it to open the info for it.

50 minutes ago, TCA said:

Another good idea there. I actually like it better than the suggestions I was able to think of.

Edited to add: While I would love to have other things available in the market, I personally think it's a better idea to focus on what's in-cave and let the feature be around for at least a few months before debating whether prizes or CB alts/hybrids should be included. On the other hand, though in my opinion there's less of a point to having holidays in the market now that the special biomes exist, I would support having them available for purchase during their respective breeding seasons.

Edited by Kith

@Whirlaway Yeah, I had a friend just tell me you don't need the egg to unlock, just whatever is listed for viewing at the bottom of the entry page. I've never focused hardcore on the Encyclopedia and have most of the dergs unlocked from viewing friends' scrolls.

CB Hybrids and CB Prizes would make this much more useful to me personally. All i need for scroll goals is 1 or 2 CB Golds, and then i don't need that market anymore lol. And while it'll take me a while to earn those, i also don't really NEED them since i do have a CB male and female gold, which is my ultimate scroll goal (having a few more in case of refusals is what i need the extras for)

But being able to get CB PRizes, which i have never had the luck to get out of raffle (let's not go there on how other people have won multiples...), the sheer randomness of trying to get a prize is awful

not to mention what people charge for 2nd gens, which i cannot afford becuase all they ever want are other second gens...so prize owners trade with prize owners. That's how it works. If you don't have a prize, you're cut out of the loop unless you have spriter alts or can make neglecteds

i'd love a way to change that. I hate being market-locked out of lineages i'd love to have just because i'm not lucky enough to win a prize in the raffle. A way to buy PRizes for myself so i can FINALLY make the lineages i want to make would be great

I think users should be able to sell eggs/ hatchies and be able to buy hatchies in the computer market. Possibly needing to pay some sort of tax to sell and buy or maybe a lisence earned trough dragon care? 

3 minutes ago, Quackery- said:

I think users should be able to sell eggs/ hatchies and be able to buy hatchies in the computer market. Possibly needing to pay some sort of tax to sell and buy or maybe a lisence earned trough dragon care? 

Users 'sell' eggs and hatchies by trading, there's really not much reason for that to happen through the Market as well. Especially because of the 100-shard-per-week cap, it's not like selling would gain you some big shard advantage or anything. (How would that even work, if you are already at the cap and then you sell something would you just not receive the payment because you are already at the limit??)

13 minutes ago, animatedrose said:

@Whirlaway Yeah, I had a friend just tell me you don't need the egg to unlock, just whatever is listed for viewing at the bottom of the entry page. I've never focused hardcore on the Encyclopedia and have most of the dergs unlocked from viewing friends' scrolls.

I have nothing listed as needing viewing on my blue dino page, while I do with other breeds where all the images ar showing - but the egg is still fogged and it is the only thing I can't buy. So not that simple.

8 minutes ago, Quackery- said:

No. No no no. One thing that was agreed by - IIRC - everyone in the thread fleshing out the market idea was that they MUST not be tradeable, to prevent people using it for even more heavy market manipulation, as has happened for ages with prizes. If you are actually suggesting selling them for MONEY off the site - that is even more unthinkable. One thing TJ has always said - and I think one place where it is OK to say "TJ said" - is that there will never be anything involving real money in this game. It is free for all, and even the poorest among us can play it to the full. That must never change.

Edited by Fuzzbucket