TJ09

Market Feedback

Message added by TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

This is a temporary thread that will eventually be closed around the new Market feature. Individual, well-scoped suggestions can always be their own thread. Please post bugs/anything broken in help.

Design Philosophies:

• The market should never supplant the cave/hunting in the cave.
  • The market's primary value is smoothing out the randomness of the cave.
  • Getting currency should not be a "grind" or require crazy levels of activity.

Decisions that were made, mostly based on above:

• Things not in the cave are not currently available in the market.
  • Breeds with location-specific alts are not currently available in the market.
  • Market prices will roughly respect cave over-/under-population. It's not a 1:1 match to "rarity" (especially when comparing breeds—breed A being more expensive than B does not necessarily mean there are fewer breed A eggs made in the cave), but it does mean that prices will go up as a breed becomes more overpopulated.
  • Weekly earnings were chosen to cap out at one common egg per week. This will likely need to be tweaked based on how things work out in practice.
  • I followed the rough goal from the thread of ~6 months to earn rares, but due to prices fluctuating, it's not exact.

It's at the top of the page!

How do we earn shards? 

Wait... You can't buy GOLD dragons?

The Xenos are also missing, I was hoping they'd be available as well.

Oh, yeah. And the Coppers are nowhere to be found either. But Silvers are available, so... I'm hoping it's only a bug?

9 minutes ago, Aleoleo said:

Wait... You can't buy GOLD dragons?

9 minutes ago, purpledragonclaw said:

The Xenos are also missing, I was hoping they'd be available as well.

Golds missing are a bug that should now be fixed. Breeds with location-specific alts are covered in the first post already. That may change in the future, but right now, it's intentional (you aren't getting the egg from a specific biome, so there's no alt to give).

While I’m happy to see this step being taken, I really think a store without most of the rares and most especially prizes is less than half as useful as it could be. The discussion in the market thread seemed to agree the value was roughly twofold: letting people save up to get rares they’d never even seen flash by in the cave and giving people a long term way to earn prizes currently only available through sheer dumb luck. With most of the rares missing (golds most notably, but also coppers, xenos, zyus) and prizes lacking, this feels more like a steady way to get specific commons then to satisfy many of the long term itches older players need scratched.

...I also know it’s not something you’re big on, but I think CB alts / hybrids would be da bomb.

Ah, that's what was meant by "location-specific alts"! I was really confused by that, should've just asked that question instead in the main Birthday thread. Thank you for the explanation!

8 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

With most of the rares missing (golds most notably, ...

9 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

Golds missing are a bug that should now be fixed.

I see, thank you. While that helps I still think the other rares missing, and prizes most of all, drastically hurt its usefulness.

And... I understand you said prices wouldn’t correlate 1:1 with rarity, but even then some of these prices are baffling. Why are trios and dinos on par or more than golds? Why are chickens worth MORE than golds? Why are GWs so expensive? Forgive the pun, but shouldn’t there be something of a “gold standard” in place? I understand—and like—fluctuation, I’ve often felt the ratios breathe a bit of life into the game, but some of these prices seem reallyyy off kilter.

Some eggs for me show up with the notice -- Breed not unlocked Unlock breed in encyclopedia to purchase--- Well, either I can`t ever click on them, or I had enough at one time and never bothered looking for them again, but maybe I decide I want some more. But, I can`t buy them because I haven`t unlocked the breed. So it`s kinda like a vicous circle, I can`t ever find them in the cave, but I can`t buy them because I can`t find them in the cave to unlock the breed. (which , surprisingly for me, a lot of commons have this notice, so now I need to revisit them and find out why and make sure I have enough of them. )

6 minutes ago, kzspot said:

Some eggs for me show up with the notice -- Breed not unlocked Unlock breed in encyclopedia to purchase--- Well, either I can`t ever click on them, or I had enough at one time and never bothered looking for them again, but maybe I decide I want some more. But, I can`t buy them because I haven`t unlocked the breed. So it`s kinda like a vicous circle, I can`t ever find them in the cave, but I can`t buy them because I can`t find them in the cave to unlock the breed. (which , surprisingly for me, a lot of commons have this notice, so now I need to revisit them and find out why and make sure I have enough of them. )

You don't have to own a dragon to unlock it the encyclopedia.  You can view other people's dragons instead.  The encyclopedia helpers thread has tons of dragons linked for that purpose.

48 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I see, thank you. While that helps I still think the other rares missing, and prizes most of all, drastically hurt its usefulness.

And... I understand you said prices wouldn’t correlate 1:1 with rarity, but even then some of these prices are baffling. Why are trios and dinos on par or more than golds? Why are chickens worth MORE than golds? Why are GWs so expensive? Forgive the pun, but shouldn’t there be something of a “gold standard” in place? I understand—and like—fluctuation, I’ve often felt the ratios breathe a bit of life into the game, but some of these prices seem reallyyy off kilter.

Very much agree on this. 

I'm not going to touch the Prize issue, because while I'm *very* disappointed that they aren't included I don't want to upset myself by ranting about it. But these prices seem really really weird. There's 'not a 1:1 match to rarity' and then there's 'makes no sense at all'. Are chickens really so horribly underpopulated that they should be over a *thousand* more shards then Golds?!  I'm thinking maybe the reasoning behind the Trio prices is because they can summon a special dragon, but it still seems very off that a *Magma* takes longer to get then a Gold!

Thanks for adding Golds TJ!

Prices do seem all over the place. Papers (and chickens) more expensive than Golds?? :huh:

If not Prizes, I hope Coppers/Xenos/Zyus can be added at some point, although the biome vs. cave location would make that tricky I guess.

I also was a little sad to not see Prizes in the market, as I have CBs of just about everything else.  But it is a welcomed new feature. The prices right now though...hmm. Hopefully those are adjusted over time.

What does the little g unit stand for? Edit: Ah, perfect. Cute li'l shards.

And red-tailed wyrm sorts before red-finned tidal.

Edited by Dirtytabs

9 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

What does the little g unit stand for?

And red-tailed wyrm sorts before red-finned tidal.

If you clear your browser cache, it should start showing up as a real symbol.

I would like to suggest the option to filter the market by "what you can afford right now," and/or enable sorting by price.

Ummmm I'm not complaining, but I think this is not supposed to be possible...

image.png.f892aeaaadebb668777c1f595457cf3d.png

I second all the points made about the irrational price tags. Not going to whine more about the Balloon eggs, but like it is now it is more or less useless ^^

Yes to needing half a year to get a Gold. No to the fact that it takes a year to earn a chicken.... it makes no sense to me. Same with the Trios. They are easy enough to find in the cave even.

And I cannot understand why biome based "alts" are not included. None of your reasons in post 1 covers it to be honest.  It seems pretty much like a random decision to me. ^^

And, as mentioned before, adding the price dragons would be a REAL win. Make them - if you like to - 12 or 18 months worth shard mining. Then randomness of a system (as it was stated in the 1st post) can really be equalized. ;)

Edited by Belisar
Typo invasion

52 minutes ago, Tecca said:

I would like to suggest the option to filter the market by "what you can afford right now," and/or enable sorting by price.

Yes, that would be fantastic!

Will past Holiday eggs be added to the Market during their seasons? (For those people who can't seem to catch ones from the new Holiday biomes)? Not that I'd like, save all my shards just to buy Black Marrows or anything...

20 minutes ago, Belisar said:

And I cannot understand why biome based "alts" are not included. None of your reasons in post 1 covers it to be honest.

Because biome-based ats are dependent on their biome. The biome these eggs come from is Market, which doesn't have a form for them. It might be able to get worked around but right now the market probably can't generate them. (Although I have to question the floret and 2 headed lindwyrm)

I am confused about the presence of a day glory and lunar herald but not the night glory or fire gems.

This, Shadowdrake, exactly this. It is not consequent and therefore seems like a random decision.

I cannot imagine that coding can be do hard, that so many dragons need to be excluded. But to be fair, coding is not really my expertise xD

Still, if that really is the issue, why not make the system think each of those biome alts is a dragon breed of it's own? ^^

That would make more sense to me, to be honest, than it does right now.

Edited by Belisar