TJ09

Trading Hub Feedback

Message added by TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

27 minutes ago, Dalek Raptor said:

People also need to read what we want as well because I have gotten offers with messies when I'm not looking for messies. I'm either looking for nicely lineaged codes or CB Codes. I'm not about to trade people a 2g prize egg for your messy inbred one just to see the lineage get ruined cause people don't care for lineages *shrugs*

Probably no way to prevent that. I posted a 3g Silver X Silver Shim Alt checker and asked for pretty Sunsongs, no ordinary 2gs, and got a 2g PB offer 😕

I wish we had more space in the "want" box, because sometimes I have more to say :)

For example, if I know I'm going to take a while to decide, I'd love to have enough room to say when I'll make a decision. I know people do that on forum trade posts (like @Infinis, especially, which I really appreciate).

42 minutes ago, Toyo said:

I wish we had more space in the "want" box, because sometimes I have more to say :)

For example, if I know I'm going to take a while to decide, I'd love to have enough room to say when I'll make a decision. I know people do that on forum trade posts (like @Infinis, especially, which I really appreciate).

Yes please! Or maybe even a separate little 'notes' part so it doesn't get glossed over among the 'wants' part. Sometimes I'd like to post a trade so it can be out there and start being seen while I'm at work, but I'd like people to know that I won't be able to respond for 5 hours. That could also be very helpful when offering on trades, too, so we can know to expect a delay instead of just letting the offer sit there for 24+ hours with nothing happening.

edit: Also, I'm not sure if this should go here or on the thread for Notifications, but can we pleeeease get a notification when a trade offer is declined? Pretty please? It's very annoying to have to constantly check the trade to see if it's still active (I'm continually going to the egg's Action page, since that takes me straight to the trade it's offered on). We get a notification when we have offers on our own trades, which is awesome, but I think it would be *really* helpful to get one when an offer is declined so we aren't just constantly waiting and checking.

Edited by HeatherMarie

4 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

4. I wish we could offer the same items on multiple trades, or even make multiple offers on the same trade. 

This is something that was asked for before the trade market and it would be even more useful now. As others above have said, right now I won't even waste time on trades just asking for a mysterious "OFFERS??", but I might if I could also try my luck with more specific trades. Obviously whoever accepts first gets the stuff, the others just see the offer as cancelled. And with offering different things on one trade--sometimes I see a person offering one really great egg, so I offer a FEW nice things to hope to get their attention, but what if they only like one of them and are egglocked? Multiple offers would let them pick and choose.

I think it's time to re-create a "changes to teleport" thread, now that it won't get buried in the BSA subsection, not to mention merged with an old thread in there...

Because this has been brought up before, and more than once. And got a lot of support from the community.

Another thing would be to only accept part of an offer on a teleport. Like, you get offered an egg and three hatchies, but can't take an egg. However, you're very much interested in the three hatchies, even without the egg on top of that.

Third, maybe don't cancel or offers when an egg hatches. Don't cancel offers when one hatchling out of a multiple item offer (2 eggs, 2 hatchlings) grows up. (The remaining hatchling and 2 eggs might be enough to interest the creator of the teleport). => As an aside, a teleport with one hatchling growing up needs to be terminated so as to avoid cheating people who offer on it. Alternately, don't let eggs/hatchlings in a teleport hatch/grow up, maybe with another checkmark in place ("protected teleport/offer")

Fourth, since we can't communicate in-cave like we can on the forums, allow for more items on a teleport or to be offered on one. Some things are simply worth more than 4 eggs/hatchlings in return.

Fifth, allow us to use actions on eggs/hatchlings in teleport. Like Incubate, Ward, Precognition, Influence, Hide/Unhide (while retaining the ability to view the lineage, like it used to be way back when).

Sixth, allow us to use Precognition on eggs/hatchlings in a public teleport or that got offered on our own two-way teleport to confirm gender.

16 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

4. I wish we could offer the same items on multiple trades

This is something that was asked for before the trade market and it would be even more useful now. As others above have said, right now I won't even waste time on trades just asking for a mysterious "OFFERS??", but I might if I could also try my luck with more specific trades. Obviously whoever accepts first gets the stuff, the others just see the offer as cancelled. And with offering different things on one trade--sometimes I see a person offering one really great egg, so I offer a FEW nice things to hope to get their attention, but what if they only like one of them and are egglocked? Multiple offers would let them pick and choose.

Doing so isn't strictly impossible (nothing really is, for the most part), but there are a lot of assumptions—both technical and not—around a given egg/hatchling only being part of a single trade at a time. This includes both trades and offers. Changing that isn't really something to be casually done.

As an example of what becomes more complicated: allowing the same item to be offered multiple times enables people to be more careless about throwing their eggs in offers. Right now the biggest limit on spamming offers is implicit: you can only have so many thing so offer, and only one offer per item, so you can't go to every single trade in the marketplace and make an offer. If that limitation were to be removed, should new limits be put in place? The most natural response to "spamming offers is a problem" is to add limits, not remove them, and I imagine it'd be hard to come up with a new restriction that's as effective as what exists.

And for a separate thought exercise: In cases where you'd like to have options for what you trade your egg(s) for, would it be better to create a trade and receive offers?

A confirm button after you decline an offer would be nice (says the person who just clicked decline by mistake).

10 minutes ago, Wiz said:

A confirm button after you decline an offer would be nice (says the person who just clicked decline by mistake).

On that topic, it would be nice if the different offers were a little more obviously separated on a trade page... I don't have any trades with offers at the moment so I can't screenshot but it's definitely a bit crowded when there are multiple offers and it's very very easy to click decline (or accept) on the wrong one.

5 hours ago, TJ09 said:

Doing so isn't strictly impossible (nothing really is, for the most part), but there are a lot of assumptions—both technical and not—around a given egg/hatchling only being part of a single trade at a time. This includes both trades and offers. Changing that isn't really something to be casually done.

As an example of what becomes more complicated: allowing the same item to be offered multiple times enables people to be more careless about throwing their eggs in offers. Right now the biggest limit on spamming offers is implicit: you can only have so many thing so offer, and only one offer per item, so you can't go to every single trade in the marketplace and make an offer. If that limitation were to be removed, should new limits be put in place? The most natural response to "spamming offers is a problem" is to add limits, not remove them, and I imagine it'd be hard to come up with a new restriction that's as effective as what exists.

And for a separate thought exercise: In cases where you'd like to have options for what you trade your egg(s) for, would it be better to create a trade and receive offers?

What I would love would be to be able to offer more than once  simultaneously on the same trade. If the trader wants - say - low gen prize"  = there are thee or four I can offer; one may work better than others, and if I could offer each of them for the trader to choose from, that would give me the best chance of a good trade.

8 hours ago, TJ09 said:

Hm, I definitely see how spamming trades can be a problem, but since people can already do it to a lesser extent (whether offering the same thing over and over, or breeding 8 messies for 8 different trades), I'm not sure holding off just for that reason is worth it. People clogging up trade offers will continue to do so regardless, so it's a question of whether limiting them is worth limiting everyone else. I'd say it's not.

You actually reminded me of something else--it would be nice if we could both offer on a trade AND make our own trade. I've been trying to swap a 2g Prize for the last few days. Yesterday someone posted another 2g Prize looking for a Gold 2g (mine was Bronze). I offered even knowing it likely wouldn't happen, at the expense of keeping my own trade alive... and then had my offer rejected a day later, all time I could have spent still looking for offers independently. So to answer more concisely, in general I prefer to make my own trade and get offers, but sometimes people post great trades that I'd really like to get their attention about. 

13 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Hm, I definitely see how spamming trades can be a problem, but since people can already do it to a lesser extent (whether offering the same thing over and over, or breeding 8 messies for 8 different trades), I'm not sure holding off just for that reason is worth it. People clogging up trade offers will continue to do so regardless, so it's a question of whether limiting them is worth limiting everyone else. I'd say it's not.

I don't know how often that actually happens. But at the moment they are at least limited by their egg/hatchling spaces. While I do think it would be nice to be able to offer on a couple of trades, there are people who would undoubtedly use that ability to offer on every trade in the hub. I can see that could become a much bigger problem than whatever is happening now.

Hmm, you do have a point.

Just a suggestion - maybe, just maybe make a drop-down menu of egg/hatchling sprites (or add the sprites from a checklist) for wants, and only offers that match the breed of the wants will be able to go through? (Unless the poster either uses no sprite or a mystery egg sprit, in which case all offers are game.) Sure, it wouldn't prevent people from offering messy/inbred/long-lineaged stuff when a 2nd gen is what's asked for, but it should help to some extent.

That, plus a blocking feature involving a private blacklist (no offers from that person ever) and maybe even the ability to block someone's offers on a certain thread should do the trick.

3 minutes ago, olympe said:

Hmm, you do have a point.

Just a suggestion - maybe, just maybe make a drop-down menu of egg/hatchling sprites (or add the sprites from a checklist) for wants, and only offers that match the breed of the wants will be able to go through? (Unless the poster either uses no sprite or a mystery egg sprit, in which case all offers are game.) Sure, it wouldn't prevent people from offering messy/inbred/long-lineaged stuff when a 2nd gen is what's asked for, but it should help to some extent.

That, plus a blocking feature involving a private blacklist (no offers from that person ever) and maybe even the ability to block someone's offers on a certain thread should do the trick.

I'm not sure restricting offers that way would be the best idea... There would undoubtedly be people who may be open to other offers but either don't understand what the mystery egg sprite is for or don't see it, in which case both the trader and the offerer may be missing out on a great trade because the offerer isn't allowed to make the offer. I'll admit I get very annoyed sometimes when I get offers that are pretty much the opposite of what I asked for, but I don't think completely blocking people from offering is the answer. 

55 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

You actually reminded me of something else--it would be nice if we could both offer on a trade AND make our own trade. I've been trying to swap a 2g Prize for the last few days. Yesterday someone posted another 2g Prize looking for a Gold 2g (mine was Bronze). I offered even knowing it likely wouldn't happen, at the expense of keeping my own trade alive... and then had my offer rejected a day later, all time I could have spent still looking for offers independently. So to answer more concisely, in general I prefer to make my own trade and get offers, but sometimes people post great trades that I'd really like to get their attention about. 

Crazy thought - would it be possible to add 'trades' to the options of WHAT I can offer on a trade?

I mean if I want to trade my 2nd gen Prize and I want to look for offers, but see another trade that IS looking for such a thing, would it be possible to add the option of 'show the trader this link' and I could basically check not only for the hatchies/eggs I own but also for a previously established port? While at the same time the trade would be still there for others to see - unless of course my 'offer trade' is accepted.

We would need a way to establish priorities maybe (if we were allowed to offer on multiple trades) but that could be first come first served. ANd a rule WHICH Magi's cooldown is triggered (maybe just both). But I think I would like that.

My only problem with the trading hub at this point is that there's no pagination.

Would be nice to be able to go through all public trades without having to filter one breed at a time.

34 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

My only problem with the trading hub at this point is that there's no pagination.

Would be nice to be able to go through all public trades without having to filter one breed at a time.

This! I'd love to page through more than just one page of open trades. I don't always know what I'm looking for, I just wanna browse.

I agree with the desire to be able to go through pages of public trades.

Additionally, and I haven't been reading the thread, but it would be nice if there was a counter for how many teleports you have available. It used to be on the /teleport page you could see all of your Magis available for BSA. I do understand I can sort scroll "Available for BSA" and count the number of Magis that pop up as well (which is what you would have to do in the old system anyway), but it would be neat if the trading page said "You have X teleports available."

Edited by SHODAN

6 hours ago, Stromboli said:

yes, yes, yes

especially when there was a trade I was interested in and now that I have room to make an offer it's gone from the page---

7 hours ago, SHODAN said:

I agree with the desire to be able to go through pages of public trades.

Additionally, and I haven't been reading the thread, but it would be nice if there was a counter for how many teleports you have available. It used to be on the /teleport page you could see all of your Magis available for BSA. I do understand I can sort scroll "Available for BSA" and count the number of Magis that pop up as well (which is what you would have to do in the old system anyway), but it would be neat if the trading page said "You have X teleports available."

I really really like the idea of a counter showing how many teleports you have available. I mentioned when the trading hub was introduced that I missed the ease/convenience of seeing all my available Magis on the teleport page, it would be really nice to be able to see at a glance how many you have left. Especially for those of us without hoards of Magis, being able to see that at a glance when on the trading page or when making a teleport would be wonderful, it might help with prioritizing trades and planning ahead. 

9 hours ago, Stromboli said:

Please, please! Often times I am looking for things that are not breed specific (i.e. spriter alt kin, prizekin, any interesting checkers, etc.), so I don't mind digging through older trades to find what I am looking for based on the description. For some of the popularly traded breeds (like prizes), we even need pagination for breed-specific, because those fill the whole trade and then some, too. I know this because if I sort for JUST hatchlings, I will see ones that the breed sort did not pick up because there were too many eggs up for trade, or vice versa.

Can we please get a little more visible separation on trades, please please please?

5b18adbae50650dc1712d1946bde8995.png

This is what my Trading Hub page currently looks like.... It very very much looks like the Vine hatchling is attached to the *trade*, not the one-way transfer. Look at how close the hatchling is to the trade info!! That's.... Honestly really misleading/confusing. I don't really understand why there is such a huge gap between the trade/transfer info and the dragon sprite in the first place, but they *definitely* shouldn't be that close to a completely separate trade!

On 6/5/2018 at 7:47 AM, angelicdragonpuppy said:

4. I wish we could offer the same items on multiple trades, or even make multiple offers on the same trade. 

-- I would like this, too. Right now most of the price of trading falls on the buyer.

When I make an offer on a trade, my eggs/hatchlings is tied to that one trade. However, when the seller makes an offer, their eggs/hatchlings are attached to multiple trades. Because this is essentially a blind auction, a buyer is incentivized to put forth the best offer they can. If the first person who accepts an offer gets the eggs/hatchlings, then there's an equal incentive to accept an offer.

And yes, a buyer can cancel their offer at any time, but the seller can also cancel, so I think that's a wash. I don't want to unduly pressure sellers, but I think it's reasonable that there's a more equal balance of risk. And, realistically, a seller would probably get far more offers this way because people could put their best forward in multiple offers.

Maybe where an egg has (In Trade) next to it if it's already been offered, it could still be checked and the (In Trade) could then be a link to the other offers you've made. I don't know if that would be too difficult to make work within the current trade system structure, but it could kind of be like a transfer link in that everyone can have access to it but the first person to get there gets it.

I'm sure a lot of the following has been covered, but my two cents, fwiw:

--  The current options for searching trades by breed takes a long time to go through. Would it be possible to add an option to the list to look for dragons from A - E, F - K, etc.? I do like the single breed search, but it would be nice to not have to go breed by breed.

-- Are the trades rotated? Sometimes it looks like the same trade is at the beginning of the list again. I don't know if that's just my imagination, if the person changed their trade request and reposted, or if they're just bumping up their trade. The bumping can be controlled on the forum, but is there something to keep it from happening directly in the hub. Tbf, I have no suggestion for how to do that and still allow people to resubmit an offer with a new request or after they canceled to offer on something else and then reposted when that fell through.

-- I know a "Have" box has been discussed, but wanted to add my support for that.

-- I don't know if this is a good idea, but could there be a scroll link to the scroll of the person offering (or possibly both people if that's easier). The scroll name shows up anyway, so it's not as if it's a secret, but sometimes people will ask for something like a Copper, Floret, Dino and it's nice to be able to take a glance at which specific variation they might need most.

It would also be convenient for the "offers" requests.

-- I think someone mentioned clicking on the eggs and going to the lineage page directly. It would be wonderful if that could be added so that the link to the actual trade was separate from the eggs/hatchling links.

-- Agree with showing the number of Magis left to use for trading.

-- I also would love to be able to accept just part of a trade. I've turned down a number of offers I would have otherwise accepted because I didn't have space.

-- And the note someone suggested to let people know when they're egglocked would be great. It could even just be the info from the limit page that says "6/8 eggs" "!4/24 total" above the checklist of offers.

-- This may not be doable, but I'd love the ability to add more than 4 things to a trade by using one of my own Magis. So the person posting the trade would use on of their Magi, and if I had a Magi free to transfer I could use that one to send an additional offer. There are a lot of times that I would take 6 commons over 1 rare, so it could benefit people who can't make as many rare offers.

But i'm still totally in love with the trade hub. it's been a blast just being able to click over and skim through offers so easily. It hasn't just increased the trading I've been doing, it also has given me a greater idea of what people are looking for which has allowed me to change the way I hunt and breed and it's been exciting to add that new aspect to my gameplay.

7 minutes ago, skauble said:

-- Are the trades rotated? Sometimes it looks like the same trade is at the beginning of the list again. I don't know if that's just my imagination, if the person changed their trade request and reposted, or if they're just bumping up their trade. The bumping can be controlled on the forum, but is there something to keep it from happening directly in the hub. Tbf, I have no suggestion for how to do that and still allow people to resubmit an offer with a new request or after they canceled to offer on something else and then reposted when that fell through.

-- I don't know if this is a good idea, but could there be a scroll link to the scroll of the person offering (or possibly both people if that's easier). The scroll name shows up anyway, so it's not as if it's a secret, but sometimes people will ask for something like a Copper, Floret, Dino and it's nice to be able to take a glance at which specific variation they might need most.

It would also be convenient for the "offers" requests.

-- I think someone mentioned clicking on the eggs and going to the lineage page directly. It would be wonderful if that could be added so that the link to the actual trade was separate from the eggs/hatchling links.

-- I also would love to be able to accept just part of a trade. I've turned down a number of offers I would have otherwise accepted because I didn't have space.

A lot of people are cancelling and remaking their trades as a way of 'bumping' them right now because we don't yet have pagination on the Trading Hub, which means that older trades that 'fall off' the page really have no way of being seen. Until we get pagination (which TJ has said would probably be a good idea) I think people *have* to be able to 'bump' in that way, otherwise no one will see the trade at all. 

I wouldn't mind a scroll link on trades *as long as* it abides by the user's settings, ie it does not show a scroll link if the user has their account set to not show their scroll name on their dragon's pages. I do NOT want to be forced to choose between simply not trading at all, or having my scroll link up their for everyone to click on (which will most definitely lead to viewbombing in some instances). Also, some people actually have their scroll hidden, so any scroll-link addition needs to abide by that as well.

YES PLEASE (again) for lineage-link and being able to accept only part of an offer. I've made trades where I've specifically asked for only one egg because I was close-to-egglocked, and then gotten offers of multiple eggs that included one egg I really really wanted, it's very frustrating to have to decline something like that just because you don't have enough space.

15 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

A lot of people are cancelling and remaking their trades as a way of 'bumping' them right now because we don't yet have pagination on the Trading Hub, which means that older trades that 'fall off' the page really have no way of being seen. Until we get pagination (which TJ has said would probably be a good idea) I think people *have* to be able to 'bump' in that way, otherwise no one will see the trade at all. 

I wouldn't mind a scroll link on trades *as long as* it abides by the user's settings, ie it does not show a scroll link if the user has their account set to not show their scroll name on their dragon's pages. I do NOT want to be forced to choose between simply not trading at all, or having my scroll link up their for everyone to click on (which will most definitely lead to viewbombing in some instances). Also, some people actually have their scroll hidden, so any scroll-link addition needs to abide by that as well.

YES PLEASE (again) for lineage-link and being able to accept only part of an offer. I've made trades where I've specifically asked for only one egg because I was close-to-egglocked, and then gotten offers of multiple eggs that included one egg I really really wanted, it's very frustrating to have to decline something like that just because you don't have enough space.

-- I agree with the having to bump right now, but sometimes it seems like the bumps are pretty fast which just pushes other stuff off the page for something that was just there. I agree that pagination will fix some of that, and I really don't know if there's anything to be done before then so I'm more than willing to wait and see if it's a problem after we get pages to change anything.

-- People's scroll name shows on every trade right now. The only difference is that I cut and paste the name to look a scrolls currently. So if someone has their name set not to show on their dragon's page it's still visible at this point.  But if someone is hiding their scroll I can only imagine that it would stay hidden the same way it would with manual typing in the link.

Is there a way to stop people from being allowed to offer on trades if they are  scroll locked? For the past few days, I've ended up just cancelling my trades or giving away eggs because every single person that offered had too may growing things. Perhaps a warning before they offer or just have the offer button disabled?

Edited by Jazeki

4 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

Is there a way to stop people from being allowed to offer on trades if they are  scroll locked? For the past few days, I've ended up just cancelling my trades or giving away eggs because every single person that offered had too may growing things. Perhaps a warning before they offer or just have the offer button disabled?

I always assumed that the trade was set up and then the block in the transfer came when the attempt was made by the system to actually move the eggs to a full scroll. Limiting that at the beginning of the trade seems like it would have to take into account if your egglocked or scroll locked, if your trading enough of your eggs/hatchlings to have space if you're trading for less, if you're offering an egg for a hatchling which would free up a space that offering a hatchling for an egg wouldn't, etc.

Having said that, it might be much easier than it seems in my head. I'm kind of hoping that showing the egg/hatching totals on the trade page would help the problem enough to make it a much smaller issue.

Perhaps there could be some kind of color alert to the egg/hatchling total:

12 or under/24 gives the total in green

13 - 20/24 gives the total in yellow

20 - 24 gives the total in red

That way people might give it a closer look and realize how little space they have left.