TJ09

Trading Hub Feedback

Message added by TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

10 hours ago, TJ09 said:

That is not at all what I meant.

By "standardize," I mean "if everyone uses '2G stairstep'" in their 'wants' fields, you don't need filters since you can just type the thing."

Ohh I see.

Sorry for the confusion.

Need more room to type in the 'want' box. XD

A filter for lineage would be really helpful.  I am constantly looking for CB, but now, I have to click every single egg to check their lineage.  It is soooooooooo time consuming.  :blink:

Definitely need to see more than 1 page of eggs.  There are so many new trades popping up, I am missing so many trade opportunities!!!! ;)

All in all, the public trade is an amazing tool for trades!  Thanks TJ.

Edited by teresadurfin

I'm really happy with the trading hub. When it used to take days (plural!) for some trades to go through, things move much faster now. Plus, it's easier to find what you're actually looking for. 

Yes it is nice - but I wish we had pages...

6 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Yes it is nice - but I wish we had pages...

Yes, pages please! 

And new breeds added to the drop-down menu quickly and regularly. Otherwise there's no way to search for them! 

11 hours ago, Toyo said:

Yes, pages please! 

And new breeds added to the drop-down menu quickly and regularly. Otherwise there's no way to search for them! 

The NEWEST breeds ARE added - just saying, you need to unlock them in the encyclopedia though ;)

9 minutes ago, Herk said:

The NEWEST breeds ARE added - just saying, you need to unlock them in the encyclopedia though ;)

Yes, they are - but in the past, encyclopedia adds seemed to be more sporadic. If we can COUNT on them being added quickly, that would be ideal. However, if it isn't, then that would make the trading hub less effective. 

I don't know if it's been stated in this thread, but Thunder Dragon is not on the list of dragons when you try to filter.

1 minute ago, Desirai said:

I don't know if it's been stated in this thread, but Thunder Dragon is not on the list of dragons when you try to filter.

Yes, it is. Is it possible you don't have Thunders unlocked in your encyclopedia yet?

I think it would be good to have "have" and "want" description windows instead of the one we have now. In "have" window people would be able to put more detailed informations, for example, "3rd gen. staristep Prize with Golds". That solution would require adding a "have" search / filter option, so that players would be able to quickly find only those trades they are interested in. Very convenient, especially for people who look for a very specific lineages. That would also (possibly?) take away or diminish the necessity of providing lineage / generation / lineage type graphic indicators, like those we had on EATW, as I assume they would need a bit more of work, coding etc. Additional description window and filter could be based on the mechanism we already have.

Edited by Aurigena

2 hours ago, Aurigena said:

I think it would be good to have "have" and "want" description windows instead of the one we have now. In "have" window people would be able to put more detailed informations, for example, "3rd gen. staristep Prize with Golds". That solution would require adding a "have" search / filter option, so that players would be able to quickly find only those trades they are interested in. Very convenient, especially for people who look for a very specific lineages. That would also (possibly?) take away or diminish the necessity of providing lineage / generation / lineage type graphic indicators, like those we had on EATW, as I assume they would need a bit more of work, coding etc. Additional description window and filter could be based on the mechanism we already have.

Oh actually yeah that would be good.

I always enter a "Have" section into text box, to give people a quick glance at my trade.

That would make things way smoother to have a separate box itself.

People can always verify the claim by look at the lineage if they want.

Considering that many people already put their "have" into the want-description, I think that's ample feedback for TJ. ;) And that so soon after the release of the feature...

20 hours ago, Aurigena said:

I would support this. :)

More information with trades would be good.

I’m gonna suggest a couple of QoL changes.

— have the offer on the screen while typing your password

— confirm that you want to decline an offer.

Misclicks happen, especially on mobile, and I’d like to see some safeguards.

Another thought I've had after several days of use - When searching in the "Wants" field, if you enter something like "ice" you get every result that has the word "nice" in it.  I wonder if it would be very difficult to add standard search shortcuts?  Like putting quotes around a word indicating that word exactly, or you could search something like: ice -nice, to filter. 

I doubt it would come up very often as most dragons don't have real-world like names, but might be nice for those that do :)

I love the new trading page set up - especially the public trading feature. I read through this entire thread and did not see this suggested, though I could have missed it.

Would it be possible for us to edit the trade descriptions on public trades after we set them up?

I did not get wording right on the first go around for a trade I posted, and for another my needs changed after I had posted it.  It would be really nice if we could just edit the trade description instead of having to cancel the entire trade and redo it, especially if we have already posted or sent the link somewhere.

5 minutes ago, Awdz Bodkins said:

Would it be possible for us to edit the trade descriptions on public trades after we set them up?

I did not get wording right on the first go around for a trade I posted, and for another my needs changed after I had posted it.  It would be really nice if we could just edit the trade description instead of having to cancel the entire trade and redo it, especially if we have already posted or sent the link somewhere.

I definitely agree with this! I was actually going to suggest this earlier, but then I forgot. I've had a couple of situations where I realise I've made a mistake in the 'have' section or I've changed my mind, but I've had to cancel and repost the trade to fix it. I feel a little bad about doing this because I'm pretty sure it then effectively bumps the trade, since the newest ones are shown on the trade page. 

Is there way to implement a decline message stating the reason why you declined an offer? I feel like if people are going to be picky about what they want and simply write "Offers???" is going have people waste their time trying to figure out what people want (of course it would help if they write what they want in the first place) but even then when I asked for nice offers, I get messy lineages.

24 minutes ago, Dalek Raptor said:

Is there way to implement a decline message stating the reason why you declined an offer? I feel like if people are going to be picky about what they want and simply write "Offers???" is going have people waste their time trying to figure out what people want (of course it would help if they write what they want in the first place) but even then when I asked for nice offers, I get messy lineages.

I would really really like this. Usually I only decline offers if they are just totally not what I'm asking for (it's ridiculous how many people completely ignore what you actually want!), I would love to be able to express that, like 'I asked for only messies, please no 3rd-gen stairsteps' or something. Maybe it would actually help cut down on the random unwanted offers if you could actually *say* why you are declining.

Personally I never bother with trades where the owner just says "offer" or "offer something nice" because it's 99% a waste of time, but being able to give a short response when declining would be useful in many cases. For example sometimes you get multiple offers of exactly what you want but can only accept one, it would be nice if we could say that to the people whose offers we didn't pick.

When looking at trades that are already completed, it always gives the same message:

"The owner of this trade has accepted an offer or canceled the trade."

That is even MORE unhelpful than before, when it would EITHER tell you an offer was accepted, OR that the trade doesn't exist (e.g. has been cancelled or miscopied).

Would it be possible to have different messages there instead of all in one?

"The owner of this trade has accepted an offer." (Someone else's offer.)

"The owner of this trade has accepted your offer." (I sometimes want to know whose egg I actually have on my scroll!)

"The owner of this trade has canceled the trade."

"This trade does not exist." (Miscopied link?)

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 12:01 PM, Aurigena said:

I would love this, especially since making notes on what I "have" takes up space in the already limited text box :) I already can't fit all the potential things I want in the text box, so I need all the space I can get!

On 6/3/2018 at 8:03 AM, Awdz Bodkins said:

Yes please! Also can I suggest the ability to switch a private two-way to one that shows up in the market after it's set up if we change our mind? 

I second @Ruby Eyes suggestion about having a clearer message regarding why a trade is no longer available.

I also like the idea of being able to edit messages, and having separate want / have messages. I had a great offer recently that I couldn't accept for almost a day because they were egglocked, would have been nice if I could have modified my message to say I was interested and waiting on them. And for the latter--it's just hard to squeeze all the info in!

o have some suggestions, though:

1. It would be really nice to have some kind of generation indicator on or next to the offers. This could be either exact (ie 2, 7, 12+) or averaged (CB, Short for 2-4, Medium for 5-8, Long for 9-12, and Extra Long for 12+. Could be abbreviated as C / S / M / L / X). Going along with this, it would be nice to have a way to search for specific generations or a range of them (again, either actual numbers or by general lengths), and to have the items lead straight to lineage view when clicked. 

To add to this after more time spent using the market--all the time I see people posting prizes and golds and silvers and acting for really rare things in return. "Oho," I say to myself, "a 2g/CB worth offering on!" ...And then I click and it's an 8th gen inbred messy. Some sort of gen indicator would be TREMENDOUSLY helpful.

2. This is sort of related to what @Forever_Mone said; there are also specific trades I'd like to keep track of, but since trades are usually short lived, I'm not sure a favorite function is the way to do it. What I have instead is an idea that might get two birds with one stone; let us search for specific USERS offering trades. I'll be honest, I want an easy way to see if spriters have any SA offspring on offer, but it would also be much easier to refind interesting trades like Mone is interested in if you could just remember part of a username and have a good shot at finding them again later.

3. Put in some sort of placeholder function for new release eggs, so we can search for them before they're added to the encyclopedia. As soon as they do get added, the placeholders can be booted and the normal way of searching (ie having to have them unlocked first) can kick in.

4. I wish we could offer the same items on multiple trades, or even make multiple offers on the same trade. 

This is something that was asked for before the trade market and it would be even more useful now. As others above have said, right now I won't even waste time on trades just asking for a mysterious "OFFERS??", but I might if I could also try my luck with more specific trades. Obviously whoever accepts first gets the stuff, the others just see the offer as cancelled. And with offering different things on one trade--sometimes I see a person offering one really great egg, so I offer a FEW nice things to hope to get their attention, but what if they only like one of them and are egglocked? Multiple offers would let them pick and choose.

1 hour ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

To add to this after more time spent using the market--all the time I see people posting prizes and golds and silvers and acting for really rare things in return. "Oho," I say to myself, "a 2g/CB worth offering on!" ...And then I click and it's an 8th gen inbred messy. Some sort of gen indicator would be TREMENDOUSLY helpful.

People also need to read what we want as well because I have gotten offers with messies when I'm not looking for messies. I'm either looking for nicely lineaged codes or CB Codes. I'm not about to trade people a 2g prize egg for your messy inbred one just to see the lineage get ruined cause people don't care for lineages *shrugs*