TJ09

Trading Hub Feedback

Message added by TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Maybe it could simply work like the AP. You can't pickup the same egg (until someone else has, anyway) - you can't offer twice on the same trade. (or you can't offer the same thing twice on the same trade.) Automated thing. End of problem.

that would be an ideal solution.

4 hours ago, JavaTigress said:

Something to let me know if I have already offered on a trade would be extremely useful. That way I have an extra way to ensure I am NOT offering multiple times on the same trade if my offer has already been declined. I would also support your suggestion that I can block someone from offering to me again if I have already declined that offer ... and that IF a person HAS been making a pest of themselves by either using abusive language in the communication part of their trades OR offering multiple times on the same trade and done so repeatedly (multiple and excessive blockage!)  that they can be flagged for investigation and possible consequences (such as temporary banning from the trade  hub) from staff.

I don't see myself NEEDING to use it, but the safety measure would be USEFUL... and the possibility by itself might discourage bad behavior in some cases if not all.

All of this providing that any and all actual PUNISHMENTS come from the mods after any reports have been investigated.

You did say it a bit better than I did. Basically this. I am not so sure about it generating a report if mulitiple people repeatedly decline offers - I really don't see the point in that to be honest.

1 hour ago, Irabane said:

This is basically how I feel about a block feature for trades, it just seems way too complicated to justify something that's kind of a non-issue to begin with (in my opinion)... just ignore the offers coming from the players spamming your trade, the worst that'll happen is that it'll make your trade page look a little more cluttered.

That is exactly one of the reasons. its difficult to ignore spam. In irc, spamming is warnable, and certainly ban-able. And honestly, I don't like being spammed or having to repeat myself. I declined (general) your offer, the answer is no, that's not going to change. Either find something new, or push off already.  Fuzzbucket's solution is ideal as if the same person offers the same codes on the same trade it won't go through. But if I decline multiple times, having it pop up with a check box -  do you need to block this user from this trade? Check it and bobs your uncle.

It might be a non issue to you, but it can be an issue to others. Basically, if you don't need to use such a feature, then don't use it.

Edited by Starscream

1 hour ago, Starscream said:

that would be an ideal solution.

You did say it a bit better than I did. Basically this. I am not so sure about it generating a report if mulitiple people repeatedly decline offers - I really don't see the point in that to be honest.

That is exactly one of the reasons. its difficult to ignore spam. In irc, spamming is warnable, and certainly ban-able. And honestly, I don't like being spammed or having to repeat myself. I declined (general) your offer, the answer is no, that's not going to change. Either find something new, or push off already.  Fuzzbucket's solution is ideal as if the same person offers the same codes on the same trade it won't go through. But if I decline multiple times, having it pop up with a check box -  do you need to block this user from this trade? Check it and bobs your uncle.

It might be a non issue to you, but it can be an issue to others. Basically, if you don't need to use such a feature, then don't use it.

Ruby makes a good point. If you ADD a code to an offer it should hold up. You post a gold. I offer 3 silvers and you reject. I offer them again with another silver added.THAT should go through.

7 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Ruby makes a good point. If you ADD a code to an offer it should hold up. You post a gold. I offer 3 silvers and you reject. I offer them again with another silver added.THAT should go through.

Something like that would make sense, but not offering the same 4 dragons over and over and expect a different response.

I would like to comment that I have so far found the trading hub to be quite useful and easy to use, too.

One of my Razorcrests misgendered on me and... I was able to get a gender swap via the hub without any problems. :) Thank you, @TJ09.

Edited by JavaTigress

Don't remember if this has been suggested yet, but could we get a "favorite breeds/stages" thing so we can pick a few configurations of options we usually look for? Like, I'm always looking for celestial hatchlings and would love to be able to search for them in one click. It'd be especially helpful if/when a generation filter gets added as well.

Example:

o Any breed/hatchling/CB

o Celestial/hatchling/any lineage

o Gold prize (eastern)/any stage/short lineage

Also, can we get a quicklink on TP pages again?

Also also, maybe a filter on gender where we have the stage filter?

o Egg

o any hatchling

o ungendered (genderless?) hatchling

o male hatchling

o female hatchling

Edited by Shadowdrake

22 hours ago, Starscream said:

I just think that there are much more important features that time and effort could be allocated to... as others have already mentioned, if someone is spamming you with offers simply don't decline it and lock their eggs/hatchlings in the trade. It's a simple enough solution and, like I said before, all it results in is your trade page perhaps looking marginally less organized. Just because a feature might have some small positive impact on certain players doesn't necessarily justify the resources it'd take to bring it to fruition; that's just my perspective though!

2 hours ago, Irabane said:

I just think that there are much more important features that time and effort could be allocated to... as others have already mentioned, if someone is spamming you with offers simply don't decline it and lock their eggs/hatchlings in the trade. It's a simple enough solution and, like I said before, all it results in is your trade page perhaps looking marginally less organized. Just because a feature might have some small positive impact on certain players doesn't necessarily justify the resources it'd take to bring it to fruition; that's just my perspective though!

I have done this, however, it would also be much nicer to have some way of just stopping it cold. Also, I don't think it would be something that's horrendously difficult to code. I'm Not TJ, so I don't know for sure. But I doubt adding a flag is going to be a code breaking task. But as it seems you hav your opinion, and I have mine, and they won't change, its best we cease responding to each other on this matter.

edit: sorry, I am insanely tired. What I am trying to say is, lets agree to disagree on the matter.

Edited by Starscream

As I said before, if there is a (merely private!) blocking feature, we could just as well add blacklists (block that person permanently from offering on any of your trades). Since these things would be private, there's nothing wrong with adding the feature, and it would easily take care of repeat offenders. As a matter of fact, we don't even need rules for when you can block someone, as every single one of us has a different threshold for feeling bullied / spammed. To each their own, really.

However, I'm totally against giving a blocked and/or blacklisted player a message informing them of their blacklisted status, and for a very simple reason: Vengeance view bombing. Instead, merely make it so that the blocked player cannot see any of the trades of the person blocking them, so it will look to them as if your trade has either gone through or been cancelled. (Hide your scroll, and they won't be able to tell either way.)

The more this gets "fleshed out". the more iffy it looks. Do we REALLY need anything at all ?

Adding some support for a simple block feature. I've had a user that both gypped me on a trade and constantly tried to lowball me, for years. I'd be happier if they simply couldn't see my trades at all.

Having played MMOs for years, there's also That Guy that constantly throws cheap trades on high value items fishing for misclicks. Being able to block that type of trader would give me some peace. Unfortunately, there are always a few bad apples. I'd rather people have protections from the get-go while this is all fresh in our minds than later when it becomes a larger problem because it was allowed to fester.

In the same vein as blocking people who repeatedly offer, I'd like to second (third?) a feature that lets me know if I've offered on something before, to prevent accidentally annoying someone.  There are trades that just say "offers" and so I'll search for my favorite breeds, offer, and then have those declined and do another search... And truly have no idea if that was the one I'd offered on before.  I'm pretty sure I've double offered on some trades but truly just can't remember every single trade.

Also, the Action Log does not show you which trade you offered on, especially if it was a single egg/hatchling trade. 

I may have missed if this has been addressed:

It looks to me as if the trading history shows trades as "accepted", "claimed", or "canceled". I seems like "canceled" covers my canceling a trade and someone else declining a trade. Can those be separated into "cancel" and "declined"? Sometimes people leave their trades up for a long time to gather lots of offers, which I don't mind, but a few times now I've had a hatchling grow up while I was asleep. I can't tell if they declined the trade or if it was canceled automatically and I don't want to keep bothering them with a trade that subs in a new hatchling of the same type if they actually declined the trade.

But the trading hub, as a whole, is a fantastic new feature that I've found incredibly useful.

52 minutes ago, skauble said:

I may have missed if this has been addressed:

It looks to me as if the trading history shows trades as "accepted", "claimed", or "canceled". I seems like "canceled" covers my canceling a trade and someone else declining a trade. Can those be separated into "cancel" and "declined"? Sometimes people leave their trades up for a long time to gather lots of offers, which I don't mind, but a few times now I've had a hatchling grow up while I was asleep. I can't tell if they declined the trade or if it was canceled automatically and I don't want to keep bothering them with a trade that subs in a new hatchling of the same type if they actually declined the trade.

But the trading hub, as a whole, is a fantastic new feature that I've found incredibly useful.

I agree with this suggestion!

And I also agree with how useful the Trading Hub is, despite my previously stated frustration with the search function.

I've got an easy way to give away eggs I don't need and even get nice things in return!

Umm... I noticed that when I hover a cursor over the egg or hatchling image in Trading Hub, I no longer see a preview of the direct link with creature's code etc. I see only a preview  of the teleport link instead. I visit the Trading Hub mainly in search for nice codes, so now I have to click the teleport link to check a dragon's code. It's not a big deal, but was something changed, or it's just my browser, or something? I'm sure that there was a direct link preview before.

I really like what we have with the market so far.  But since you might be open to improvements, I would suggest: 

1. Have marker for CB eggs, or offer CB filter.  

More advanced lineages searches might be nice eventually, but it would be great for now to check (without clicking on a egg) whether the egg has parents or not.  I expect most people hunting for specific eggs/hatchlings are looking for CBs, so this helps them browse more quickly.

2. If not the above, at least change the “Wants” from the want line to something more open (like “Wants/Has”).

I think the free space to write in can be used for both haves and wants.  I use it for that, but the title makes it look like you’re only supposed to put wants there.  

3. Allow option for trades to be anonymous

The only time I’ve had someone view bomb my whole scroll was (most likely) someone who was sore that I didn’t accept their trade offer.  They kept my name on file and bombed my scroll for about a month after.  It still makes me a bit scared every time I post a trade, knowing that possibly malicious people can see my scroll name.  Since my scroll name doesn’t match my forum name, I feel like a potential trader has no need to know my scroll name.  

4. Notification or other sort of alert that a trade offer was accepted/declined

I have terrible memory and don’t always remember whether I offered on an interesting trade already, and may end up offering multiple times (while feeling guilty in case I’m spamming).  I think this might also be why people will sometimes offer me the same trade after I decline.  Also would be nice to know if an offer was accepted, because often the eggs/hatchlings I get are already in several hatcheries and on the verge of getting sick.  Have had some actually get sick.  Knowing about the trade as soon as possible means I can hide my new stuff right away.

5.  Boilerplate responses to send back on trade offers

I don’t want free PM-ing between users on the main site, but what if there was a list of pre-set responses you could pick from to send to the person making the offer?  Such as:

- You do not have enough space on your scroll for this offer [if they have too many eggs/things-they can check their scroll to see how much space is left and change offer accordingly]

- I do not have enough space for eggs to accept your offer [so they can hatch or remove eggs]

- I do not have enough space for growing things to accept your offer [they should offer fewer things]

- You should offer more growing things [Some "wants" will say "offer 1-2 eggs" and I don't know if my offer is fancy enough for what they want]

The message could show up on the offerers trade page, under their offers.  It would give people an idea of what they can fix, or at least get them to read your requests more carefully.  

6. Option to “hide” a specific offer

If there’s an annoying person who keeps offering the same trade and won’t accept a refusal, you don’t want to cancel the trade again, but you also don’t want to see it anymore.  Clicking “hide” will make the offer disappear, perhaps leaving a “You have (1) hidden offer” message.  Clicking the message will let you view the hidden offers again.  This blocks offers from view without permanently blocking them (in case you hid them accidentally), and it makes it much harder to accidentally accept them.

I was also going to request option to see all trades, but it looks like that’s officially been addressed.  Also, of course if would be excellent to be able to edit the request text.  

(And to the people who want to send eggs as freebie giveaways: For now, just make it regular public trade, and ask for a dummy/random egg!)

2 hours ago, Cielmuir said:

Option to “hide” a specific offer

If there’s an annoying person who keeps offering the same trade and won’t accept a refusal, you don’t want to cancel the trade again, but you also don’t want to see it anymore.  Clicking “hide” will make the offer disappear, perhaps leaving a “You have (1) hidden offer” message.  Clicking the message will let you view the hidden offers again.  This blocks offers from view without permanently blocking them (in case you hid them accidentally), and it makes it much harder to accidentally accept them.

Oh I like this, very clever.

Likewise, I'd love to mark specific trades as "have seen, not interested" which would hide them from my view (with a button at the bottom to "un-mark/display all marked trades").

(just an idea for a very future version :lol: )

When looking at a trade, growing things in other trades no longer have a link to the according trade (which was very useful so that one might go and compare which trade looks more promising). Basically, I'd like that link back.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

9 hours ago, Aurigena said:

Umm... I noticed that when I hover a cursor over the egg or hatchling image in Trading Hub, I no longer see a preview of the direct link with creature's code etc. I see only a preview  of the teleport link instead. I visit the Trading Hub mainly in search for nice codes, so now I have to click the teleport link to check a dragon's code. It's not a big deal, but was something changed, or it's just my browser, or something? I'm sure that there was a direct link preview before.

I think earlier one person suggested changing the link for egg/hatchling because their egg was getting a ton of clicks.

I assume the link was changed to protect the eggs. Relatively at least.

Edit: Fusing my posts -

On 5/21/2018 at 12:10 AM, TJ09 said:

{Snip}

• Comprehensive filters that codify e.g. lineage types and other community jargon inherently involve choosing which things are and aren't "valid" (e.g. do I include inbred? stairstep? insert esoteric lineage type here?). I'm hoping the community will end up standardizing on terminology anyways.
  • Yes, the input is freeform. Any misuse of the system may result in being barred from trading altogether, and a formal "report" option is coming.
  • Also coming soon: updates to the actual single transfer/trade page. Probably a mild design refresh (especially for mobile, which needs it), and probably the "these have already been claimed" page showing the eggs/hatchlings that were in the trade.

I think before we suggest lineage filters we need to submit to TJ an agreed upon lanugage for him to use, since he mentions this in the first post.

Edited by Shokomon
Typos

11 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

I think earlier one person suggested changing the link for egg/hatchling because their egg was getting a ton of clicks.

Would have been better if the /view/ link had been changed to /lineage/, in my book ...

3 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Would have been better if the /view/ link had been changed to /lineage/, in my book ...

I agree. That would be more convenient.

7 hours ago, Cielmuir said:

6. Option to “hide” a specific offer

I was also going to request option to see all trades, but it looks like that’s officially been addressed.  Also, of course if would be excellent to be able to edit the request text.  

(And to the people who want to send eggs as freebie giveaways: For now, just make it regular public trade, and ask for a dummy/random egg!)

This makes the most sense of anything :)

44 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I also thought about that... I assume that many eggs or hatchlings received many clicks mainly because some players wanted to check the lineage. It would be convenient to have some kind of indicator of CBs, lineaged or messy eggs or hatchlings in Trade Hub.

16 hours ago, Shokomon said:

I think before we suggest lineage filters we need to submit to TJ an agreed upon lanugage for him to use, since he mentions this in the first post.

That is not at all what I meant.

By "standardize," I mean "if everyone uses '2G stairstep'" in their 'wants' fields, you don't need filters since you can just type the thing."