Jump to content
TJ09

Trading Hub Feedback

TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

Message added by TJ09

Recommended Posts

Yes - I'm with Heather - I did exactly that yesterday; if my offer had been accepted, I was ready to drop some zombie fodder - but as they were so low time, I wanted to grow them up if it was declined...

Share this post


Link to post

If the answer was explicitly stated here than I apologize for not finding it. I looked but there's soooo much going on here I may have missed it.

 

Can we link to groups where we give more info on a trade? Because, even when I abbreviate everything I can the box can't hold all the details I sometimes have to give.

 

Given the fact that trade is moving more and more to an area that's more restrictive than the forums, in regard to outlining offers and wants, it would be incredibly helpful if we were somehow allowed to chain Magis together for trades. Even if you had to use a BSA or shards to do it, there are times that a larger scale trade is needed and since that can't be negotiated in the hub at this point, allowing a wider way to trade in-game would be super helpful.

 

Also, fwiw, I do that perma-bans may be a little harsh here. Did people knowingly break the rules? Yes. Should there be a punishment for that? Yes. But they weren't breaking the rules to exploit the game, and I think that matters.

 

Mods invest a lot of time in putting out fires, many we don't see because they put them out quickly. It's important, for both them and the rest of the players, that purposefully breaking rules have a definite consequence. But one of the good things about having great mods instead of automated intervention is that it allows room for issues to be judged in a way that can take extenuating circumstances into account. 

 

I agree with purplehaze that there are some people who may see the rules as breakable if they feel there's a problem and so, yes, there needs to be firm consequences to actions because, on the whole, a site isn't functional if everyone gets to pick which rules they feel bound to follow. But context is a reasonable factor in calculating punishments, and what happened needs to have a penalty, but no one was maliciously trying to scam anyone or break anything. It's understandable to convey that this is not an acceptable way to handle problems with the system, but that can be done with a lesser ban, perhaps one with punishments that scale up to permanent.

 

This was a situation in which all sides were frustrated and I don't think giving that weight means that the system of rules is undercut.

 

 

On 9/1/2018 at 8:03 AM, Spiteful_Crow said:

I saw somebody mention this before, but I would like the option to have a "watch list" for trades you're interested in. I believe someone responded that maybe you should just keep track of them on your own in separate tabs, but I'll give you an example of why that can be a problem.

 

This year, I've been playing DC on my tablet almost exclusively. Before, I would always use my computer, finding DC on mobile to be kind of frustrating, but now I'm used to it. Problem is, I've been having a lot of crashes from my primary browser lately. This isn't DC's fault, but as a result of the crashes, I lose all my tabs because I use Private Browsing 99% of the time. I rarely watch more than a handful of trades at a time, but today I had quite a lot. Now I'll have to wade through 15+ pages of trades to find all the ones I was watching. And since I usually have a lot of tabs open anyway, I'm sure all the extras don't help my browser issues, thus continuing the vicious cycle.

 

So if I could save trade links on a watch list, that would save me, and presumably many other people, a lot of frustration and headaches.

 

 

 

All of the yes to this! Sidenote, I often play on my phone and it can be far more time consuming, so any little bit that helped ease some of that would be fantastic.

 

And I tend to be a fast trader, but I'd be hesitant about a poke feature. I think the problem is much easier to solve by allowing players to offer on two different trades. That's a plus for the people offering on a trade because it encourages a faster decision, and it's a plus for the person who originates the trade because you can get more offers as people don't have to pick one trade only.

Share this post


Link to post

@skauble Based on TJ's post (pinned at the top) linking to groups should be fine, since only off-site links aren't allowed

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

@skauble Based on TJ's post (pinned at the top) linking to groups should be fine, since only off-site links aren't allowed

Thank you! :) I wasn’t quite sure where we’d fallen on this.

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/1/2018 at 9:03 AM, Spiteful_Crow said:

I saw somebody mention this before, but I would like the option to have a "watch list" for trades you're interested in. I believe someone responded that maybe you should just keep track of them on your own in separate tabs, but I'll give you an example of why that can be a problem.

 

This year, I've been playing DC on my tablet almost exclusively. Before, I would always use my computer, finding DC on mobile to be kind of frustrating, but now I'm used to it. Problem is, I've been having a lot of crashes from my primary browser lately. This isn't DC's fault, but as a result of the crashes, I lose all my tabs because I use Private Browsing 99% of the time. I rarely watch more than a handful of trades at a time, but today I had quite a lot. Now I'll have to wade through 15+ pages of trades to find all the ones I was watching. And since I usually have a lot of tabs open anyway, I'm sure all the extras don't help my browser issues, thus continuing the vicious cycle.

 

So if I could save trade links on a watch list, that would save me, and presumably many other people, a lot of frustration and headaches.

 

 

To add to this, it definitely seems to be the trading links that cause the biggest problem, although sometimes it's the AP that seems to be having issues after it starts lagging for no apparent reason. I've just had two crashes within about 15 minutes of each other, which is the worst yet and it's driving me nuts. IDK if it's just a technical issue with this browser that has never had problems before or if something new on DC is causing it or a combination of both, but it's very frustrating. And for the record, it was only about five trading tabs that triggered this latest crash.

Share this post


Link to post

Copy the links you need to watch into a word document and click them when ready. No tabs needed.

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Copy the links you need to watch into a word document and click them when ready. No tabs needed.

 

Still annoying and not as efficient. I'd need to manually paste them anyway, using Private Browsing.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

 

Still annoying and not as efficient. I'd need to manually paste them anyway, using Private Browsing.

 

Even so - it beats a browser crash.

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Even so - it beats a browser crash.

 

I know you're trying to help, Fuzz, but you're not telling me anything I don't already know. I could also not use Private Browsing, which would save my sessions, but I don't like accumulating a lot of cookies. Besides, this is about more than just me and my browser issues, other people would like this feature too.

Share this post


Link to post

There’s no reason people should have to copy and paste loads of links (that they might not end up needing) when a simple and useful solution is a watch list. I highly approve of one! I’m don't frequent the trading hub too often but even I would like to keep an eye on a few trades, especially for things that I have eggs for but they’re too young etc.

Share this post


Link to post

I could've sworn TJ mentioned watch lists at some point, and how trades usually go so fast that a watch list wouldn't really do a ton of good, but now I can't seem to find any mention of it in his posts.

 

While I definitely understand wanting to track a specific trade, I'm not really sure implementing a feature for that would be worth it since the vast majority of trades are completed in less then 24 hours. Would a watch list really do a ton of good when 80% (just throwing out a number based on my hub experiences) of trades you'd be interested in are gone before you get around to re-checking that watch list? Some way to track things is great for longer-term stuff, like tracking when a dragon comes off cooldown or whatever, but tracking something that's only there for a handful of hours doesn't seem like it would do a whole lot of good. (This isn't to say I'm against it, if it will help a ton of people that's great, I just don't see how it would be very useful.)

Share this post


Link to post

I'd say it was useful.  I catch the egg from the cave before bed they want.  I get up to see if the trade is still open, and I've either left the computer on all night so I don't lose the page or scramble to try locating it again.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't on trades like that with catching.  But it does work often enough that it needs to be kept in mind.

Share this post


Link to post

At least if the trade has gone, we’ll be able to know that for definite since it’d disappear from the watch list. We wouldn’t just be left searching for it for hours even if it has gone

Share this post


Link to post

A watch would be good, Couple thoughts wiht watch listing - not reading all of the above, so sorry if I repeat ideas.

 

 

  1. An ability to put users on a watch list so if they post eggs, you get a notification
  2. An ability for the person posting the trades to be watch listable (just to allow that ability and freedom of choice)
  3. An an ability to watch a trade - yeah because that's pretty crazy to sift through -  although I am glad we got it.
  4. An ability to get a notification if a trade is offered with specific criteria.(likely would work better with CB eggs, but CG gold, Paper, 2g shimmer/tinsel Basically CB, G2, G3, G# - maybe going up to 5 or 6)

And I gotta cut this short as I must go to work.

 

Share this post


Link to post

I’ve been bopping in and out of this topic and I have to say it’s becoming more authoritarian by the minute. Just enforce the absolute basics (no completely non trade related spam, no offsite links if you must, no vulgarity) and let it be.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I’ve been bopping in and out of this topic and I have to say it’s becoming more authoritarian by the minute. Just enforce the absolute basics (no completely non trade related spam, no offsite links if you must, no vulgarity) and let it be.

 

(y)

 

I can't honestly see how valuable a "watch list" would be, and the way Starscream describes it sounds FAR too complex anyway - but other than that... the hub seems to be working fine, so...

Share this post


Link to post

I feel extremely silly asking but I suppose it is better to be safe than to be sorry. Would a link linking to this very forum considered as an off-site link since it is not the main site of DragonCave or not?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

@Fuzzbucket basically it’s;

- Oh, this spriter regularly trades 2g SA offspring! I’ll watch them so I get a notification when they post trades.

- I’d really like a notification every time someone posts a CB Gold, let me sign up for that.

 

So I see the merits of that, just not of the ever tightening grip around the throat of people’s “want” boxes. :P 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Flaviel said:

I feel extremely silly asking but I suppose it is better to be safe than to be sorry. Would a link linking to this very forum considered as an off-site link since it is not the main site of DragonCave or not?

 

A link to the forum is an off-site link and not permitted. That was confirmed very soon after the hub opened up.

Share this post


Link to post

That's also why you can't ask for PMs in your want box.

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

 

- Oh, this spriter regularly trades 2g SA offspring! I’ll watch them so I get a notification when they post trades.

 

 

Wait wait wait... this is very different from "bookmark specific trades I'm interested in". I know I would use this feature for what you're describing (desperately hoping someday I will have something they want), but it could very easily be abused by people with bad intentions.

 

Edited by Confused Cat
wording

Share this post


Link to post

I love the new pagination, thanks for that :)

 

Here's what I'm mostly missing right now:

 

- Make the forum not offsite (It's official, no?) and allow mentions of PMs and the forum in the want box. Being able to communicate better is IMO the most important change for the Trading Hub right now.
- A separate "want" and "have" box, including in the search (because right now If I search for "Xeno" for example, I get a lot of "Have: Xeno".)

 

 

Other stuff I'd like to see:

 

- Pagination at the bottom. Just a QoL thing.
- Be able to offer more than 4 dragons (or alternatively, be able to link up two Magi's to one trade)


And about the watchlist discussion, could be useful. But if you're going for individual trades put on a watchlist, consider also a "Bump" button for trades, because right now people have to remake trades to bump theirs and then your watchlist gets significantly less useful.
A bump button would have a time restriction, say you can press it every hour or every x hours, I don't know. But at least you have the same trade and all.

Edited by Cinspawn

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Cinspawn said:

I love the new pagination, thanks for that :)

 

Here's what I'm mostly missing right now:

 

- Make the forum not offsite (It's official, no?) and allow mentions of PMs and the forum in the want box. Being able to communicate better is IMO the most important change for the Trading Hub right now.
- A separate "want" and "have" box, including in the search (because right now If I search for "Xeno" for example, I get a lot of "Have: Xeno".)

 

 

Other stuff I'd like to see:

 

- Pagination at the bottom. Just a QoL thing.
- Be able to offer more than 4 dragons (or alternatively, be able to link up two Magi's to one trade)


And about the watchlist discussion, could be useful. But if you're going for individual trades put on a watchlist, consider also a "Bump" button for trades, because right now people have to remake trades to bump theirs and then your watchlist gets significantly less useful.
A bump button would have a time restriction, say you can press it every hour or every x hours, I don't know. But at least you have the same trade and all.

Adding onto this: make us able to edit the want box instead of having to cancel the trade and rewrite what we want

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Cinspawn said:

 

 Make the forum not offsite (It's official, no?) and allow mentions of PMs and the forum in the want box.

 

 

I believe this cannot fly because of TJ's real life job. I can't find his post but it was quite specific.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.