Jump to content
TJ09

Trading Hub Feedback

Message added by TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, animatedrose said:

If you're banned...why would you still be able to trade? That kinda defeats the purpose of a ban

 

For posting garbage in the want box, I would sooner see a ban in the use of the want box, rather than a ban in the use of the trade hub. I know that could limit a user's ability to get a precise offer. but it would be better than nothing. Full disable of posting in the trade hub, I felt as too extreme (especially for some of the more innocent things we banned for). There are different levels of bans, I would have preferred something less drastic personally.

 

Those who got permabanned, they knew what they were doing, they knew that it was against the rules, and they did it anyway. And for that, I do support the more drastic measure.

Share this post


Link to post

More want box or have box room would be great

Share this post


Link to post

I think a separate "have" box would be very helpful. As it is it can be quite confusing as people try to fit both haves and wants in one small space. It would also help a lot to be able to filter by both haves and wants.

 

Thanks to TJ for the changes that were made. Pagination especially was extremely helpful. Hopefully the system can continue to improve.

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, Starscream said:

 

For posting garbage in the want box, I would sooner see a ban in the use of the want box, rather than a ban in the use of the trade hub. I know that could limit a user's ability to get a precise offer. but it would be better than nothing. Full disable of posting in the trade hub, I felt as too extreme (especially for some of the more innocent things we banned for). There are different levels of bans, I would have preferred something less drastic personally.

 

I agree, I feel that permanently banning someone from using public trades at all, unless it's for something obviously unallowable (insulting other users in want box, posting links to shocking/offensive content....), is too extreme. Blocking them from using the wants box perfectly effectively blocks people from "misusing" it, forever if deemed necessary, so it's enough.

Share this post


Link to post

The people who were posting about rules in the want box were people from this thread, who had READ this thread - that was where they got the info they were putting in the want box - and therefore knew exactly what they were doing. But I would have preferred to see them still able to trade, just without using the want box.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

 

I am certain sure that we still have mods who will go up against TJ if it's needed. But yes, I too miss Sock desperately.

 

 

I do agree with this. A have box and a want box would make life a lot easier - I've look ed at one or two trades that said something like ""2g purebred. Want blusang" - and what they WANTED was a 2 g blusang; what they offered was not 2 gen at all. One single box does lead to confusion.

 

I have publicly stated on this forum that I would go to bat for this community, and that has not changed. There are times where my posting would not help move the conversation along, though, so I opt for silence instead. While we were still hashing out the Trading rules, I saw no point in saying repeatedly "We are working on this, please continue to be patient!" It sounds patronizing after awhile, and you all knew we were trying to straighten this out.

 

I would like a Have box too. It would be neater and give more space to explain what you have. I think it's a better solution than increasing the character limit in the Want box.

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

The people who were posting about rules in the want box were people from this thread, who had READ this thread - that was where they got the info they were putting in the want box - and therefore knew exactly what they were doing. But I would have preferred to see them still able to trade, just without using the want box.

But then how would people know what they would want? While I sort of agree with this, I don't think it would work if they were perma-banned from using it ever again. Now if they were banned for a week or so for breaking the rules, I would support it.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Dalek Raptor said:

But then how would people know what they would want? While I sort of agree with this, I don't think it would work if they were perma-banned from using it ever again. Now if they were banned for a week or so for breaking the rules, I would support it.

 

They would have to hope for the best. They knew they were breaking the rules.  Breaking the rules has consequences. They even knew that some people had already been permabanned for knowingly breaking the rules - and so knew  that they were taking that risk by doing as they did. Would you prefer that they cannot trade there at all ?

 

Sorry - but when you do something like this, you need to bite the bullet. You can't say it's unfair. Harsh, perhaps - but not unfair.

 

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

 

They would have to hope for the best. They knew they were breaking the rules.  Breaking the rules has consequences. They even knew that some people had already been permabanned for knowingly breaking the rules - and so knew  that they were taking that risk by doing as they did. Would you prefer that they cannot trade there at all ?

 

Sorry - but when you do something like this, you need to bite the bullet. You can't say it's unfair. Harsh, perhaps - but not unfair.

 

Yes, they broke the rule and knew it. Yes, life can be unfair a lot of the time. But a lot of people were perma-banned before the rules got updated. I still say everyone should have gotten a clean slate on the hub with the updated rules because people who were trying to warn people about the Dragon Cave users only that they were breaking without them knowing got banned for it. But I won't try to fight the issue any further than I can.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Dalek Raptor said:

Yes, they broke the rule and knew it. Yes, life can be unfair a lot of the time. But a lot of people were perma-banned before the rules got updated. I still say everyone should have gotten a clean slate on the hub with the updated rules because people who were trying to warn people about the Dragon Cave users only that they were breaking without them knowing got banned for it. But I won't try to fight the issue any further than I can.

 

I think not. TJ said it was very few and they were all people who knew what they were doing.

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

 

I think not. TJ said it was very few and they were all people who knew what they were doing.

That statement is about as reliable as the statement that the original trading hub rules were "clear". ;) 

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry - until everyone who has a permaban comes in and announces the fact  and it turns out to be - say - more than 10 (the kind of number I would lay money on) - we know of one so far - I believe him. I think a lot of this is DRAMAR.

Share this post


Link to post

Which is so going to happen. Because everyone with a permaban is sure to have a forum account, for one.

Share this post


Link to post

I still support everyone getting a clean late for this update. Or that bans only disable the want box. If it disables the whole Hub for them, may as well delete the whole function from their view instead of letting it sit there as a permanent taunt. But that would be too personalized and take too long to do, sadly.

 

What's done is done. It probably won't change anymore. RIP. This is where I bow out of this thread.

Edited by animatedrose

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, olympe said:

Which is so going to happen. Because everyone with a permaban is sure to have a forum account, for one.

 

Given that TJ said they knew what they were doing - I bet they do.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

 

Given that TJ said they knew what they were doing - I bet they do.

Knowing that song lyrics are probably against the rules (you could at least divine that from the rules) does not mean that:

you are on the forums

you are on the feedback thread here

you even want to get involved in the whole mess

Share this post


Link to post

I'm still wanting a way to "poke" people and let them know they haven't accepted or declined my trade and it's been nearly 4 days. I know stuff comes up, but this would be really helpful to people without forum accounts. Not a message, just an alert that someone's trade offer has been sitting there awhile.

 

I had an offer for a Cheese (a CB Ice in exchange for a Cheese) and the Ice almost grew up before the person finally accepted the trade. A CB was also the ONLY thing the person asked for, nothing else. JUST a CB Ice. I'd love to poke!

Share this post


Link to post

@Suzumiya A workaround for that is to cancel the offer and then immediately offer again. The new offer will (or should) prompt a new notification, which might get their attention if they've simply forgotten that they got an offer awhile ago. I personally would not want people 'poking' me to hurry up and accept an offer, I can see that being abused way too much. Unless the option to 'poke' wasn't available until at least 24 hours after the offer was made.

Share this post


Link to post

I saw somebody mention this before, but I would like the option to have a "watch list" for trades you're interested in. I believe someone responded that maybe you should just keep track of them on your own in separate tabs, but I'll give you an example of why that can be a problem.

 

This year, I've been playing DC on my tablet almost exclusively. Before, I would always use my computer, finding DC on mobile to be kind of frustrating, but now I'm used to it. Problem is, I've been having a lot of crashes from my primary browser lately. This isn't DC's fault, but as a result of the crashes, I lose all my tabs because I use Private Browsing 99% of the time. I rarely watch more than a handful of trades at a time, but today I had quite a lot. Now I'll have to wade through 15+ pages of trades to find all the ones I was watching. And since I usually have a lot of tabs open anyway, I'm sure all the extras don't help my browser issues, thus continuing the vicious cycle.

 

So if I could save trade links on a watch list, that would save me, and presumably many other people, a lot of frustration and headaches.

 

Edited by Spiteful_Crow

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

@Suzumiya A workaround for that is to cancel the offer and then immediately offer again. The new offer will (or should) prompt a new notification, which might get their attention if they've simply forgotten that they got an offer awhile ago. I personally would not want people 'poking' me to hurry up and accept an offer, I can see that being abused way too much. Unless the option to 'poke' wasn't available until at least 24 hours after the offer was made.

 

That's a better idea. I wouldn't like getting 'poked' constantly just because I haven't checked my trades in awhile. If 24 hours is still too soon and could be abused, maybe 2 days? That way, you can poke them or alert them before the dragon egg possibly hatches or grows up. 

 

It would also be great to have an option to alert someone that the egg/hatchie you offered is about to hatch/grow up, so they can see if they still want it. 

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

@Suzumiya A workaround for that is to cancel the offer and then immediately offer again. The new offer will (or should) prompt a new notification, which might get their attention if they've simply forgotten that they got an offer awhile ago. I personally would not want people 'poking' me to hurry up and accept an offer, I can see that being abused way too much. Unless the option to 'poke' wasn't available until at least 24 hours after the offer was made.

The problem with that is that repeated "poking" can be considered harrassment, in which case you could get into trouble yourself.

Share this post


Link to post

can we please please PLEASE make it impossible to offer on things when you are locked and the other person cannot accept, it is extremely frustrating to just stare at an offer you really want but you can't take it and cannot contact the other person to inform them theyre locked....

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dekka said:

can we please please PLEASE make it impossible to offer on things when you are locked and the other person cannot accept, it is extremely frustrating to just stare at an offer you really want but you can't take it and cannot contact the other person to inform them theyre locked....

 

Please no. I'd much rather prefer some sort of notification/warning when you go to offer, showing that you are locked and/or the person wouldn't be able to accept your offer as-is. A lot of times people might offer while 'locked' but things will be hatching or growing up really soon. Especially if it's a trade you are really really interested in, it's sometimes beneficial to be able to offer even if you don't have the room right that moment but an egg is like 10 minutes away from hatching or something. If someone gets an offer and can't accept because the other person is locked, it's their choice whether to decline the offer or maybe wait a bit to see if the person gets un-locked if they really want that offer. 

Share this post


Link to post

Very much what HeatherMarie said. You're free to choose another offer if waiting for the other person to unlock is not something you're willing to do.

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

 

Please no. I'd much rather prefer some sort of notification/warning when you go to offer, showing that you are locked and/or the person wouldn't be able to accept your offer as-is. A lot of times people might offer while 'locked' but things will be hatching or growing up really soon. Especially if it's a trade you are really really interested in, it's sometimes beneficial to be able to offer even if you don't have the room right that moment but an egg is like 10 minutes away from hatching or something. If someone gets an offer and can't accept because the other person is locked, it's their choice whether to decline the offer or maybe wait a bit to see if the person gets un-locked if they really want that offer. 

well i guess that would be fine too.  just SOMETHING i think, so that people aren't just blindly offering not knowing theyre locked

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.