TJ09

Trading Hub Feedback

Message added by TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

11 hours ago, TJ09 said:

The primary changes:

• "Haves" are specifically called out as okay.
  • The warning is now explicit about what "misuse" means (spoiler: it means the same thing we've been saying—anything that's not outlined as okay is not okay).
  • Only off-site links are forbidden. This is intentional, and it's possible that explicit ways of actually linking to e.g. a group may be introduced in the future.
  • Things such as "the offer from X I just got" or "egg XXXX that repulsed" are now forbidden by way of messages needing to be applicable to more than just a single targeted person.

Thank you for the clarification. Just in case, I'd like to see a clear statement that even forum links are considered off-site. (Yes, technically this should be logical - if you take everything 100% literally, but most people don't. Because human brain =/= computer.)

27 minutes ago, olympe said:

Thank you for the clarification. Just in case, I'd like to see a clear statement that even forum links are considered off-site. (Yes, technically this should be logical - if you take everything 100% literally, but most people don't. Because human brain =/= computer.)

Agree. A lot of people have posted about that, it seems to be 'logical' for many people that forum links *would* be okay since the forum is official and linked to from the game, so it would definitely be nice for that to be specified.

unknown.png?width=171&height=24

Thanks for the quick fix.

Agreed on adding clarification with regards to the forum, and with moving the page numbers down or adding a second line of page numbers on the trade hub. On desktop it's not as big a deal but on mobile since space is so limited and the hub is single column it makes for a lot of scrolling up and down.

Edit: Is contact info still against the rules if it's "PM [user] for details"? Or should it be "see group ### for details" and have the info on a dragon there? it's not an off-site link and usually is to work around the limits of trading (like 4 max in a trade etc)

Edited by Shadowdrake

As I understand it - yes, still against the rules.

Why not "offer I accidentally rejected"? If you list other things you want, that is.

Because the mods said so? 😯

29 minutes ago, osmarks said:

Why not "offer I accidentally rejected"? If you list other things you want, that is.

Instead of saying that, just state that you want something similar to the offer that was rejected, without mentioning which user it's from, or what the offer was.

34 minutes ago, olympe said:

Because the mods said so? 😯

14 minutes ago, purpledragonclaw said:

Instead of saying that, just state that you want something similar to the offer that was rejected, without mentioning which user it's from, or what the offer was.

Or just describe the actual thing: "offer from PDC that I accidentally rejected" tells me nothing as a third party (and so doesn't meet the "must be applicable to many people" part of the rules), but "3G magi egg similar to the one I accidentally rejected" is fine (the extra fluff doesn't detract from the usefulness of the message here).

Though: if your intent is to only accept an offer from a single specific person, you're still doing a disservice to all of the people that have to look at your trade and those whose trades get bumped into less prominent spots in the market.

22 minutes ago, purpledragonclaw said:

This seems like jumping through hoops and reducing clarity.

What about "X or one I accidentally rejected"?

Edited by osmarks

So according to what @Shadowdrake showed, permabans are still floating around. Nice to know.

Trading Hub

The trading market is now paginated, and the rules have been made clearer—in particular, it should now be extremely obvious that anything other than "wants" or "haves" is not allowed, nor are off-site links. Violations of the trading rules will no longer result in a guaranteed permanent ban. In most cases, the first ban will be for a day, though for particularly bad offenses, more severe consequences may still happen.

34 minutes ago, purpledragonclaw said:

15 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

Or just describe the actual thing: "offer from PDC that I accidentally rejected" tells me nothing as a third party (and so doesn't meet the "must be applicable to many people" part of the rules), but "3G magi egg similar to the one I accidentally rejected" is fine (the extra fluff doesn't detract from the usefulness of the message here).

Though: if your intent is to only accept an offer from a single specific person, you're still doing a disservice to all of the people that have to look at your trade and those whose trades get bumped into less prominent spots in the market.

vs

On 8/23/2018 at 9:35 PM, Starscream said:
On 8/23/2018 at 6:24 PM, olympe said:

What about this: "Want: Third gen gold. The offer I just accidentally rejected was perfect!"

It's still open to other, similar offers. It tells everyone what they can offer - and likely get accepted. Plus, it informs the other party anonymously about the mishap.

Still won't fly.

Please, please talk about the rules that are oh so clear-cut and impossible to misunderstand without evil intent! XD  (If someone finds irony and/or sarcasm in this post, they may keep it.)

I'd go with "TJ said...", unless you know Starscream is currently modding. :lol: Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

If someone offered you a gold, a wyvern and a CB tomato plant, just state Have Kumquat, want Gold, Wyvern and CB tomato plant (Please excuse my oddball substitutions here)

more or lesss what PDC said.

Edited by Starscream

Exceot...A 3g magi similar to one i accidentally rejected, tell everybody else Nothing.   

Have Gold egg. Want Silver (if that was the offer.) they might reapply.

trying to clarify the reject was accidental is what TJ wants you to avoid.

Edited by Starscream

"Have: Gold. Want: Silver. Info: I tend to accidentally reject offers. Please offer again!"

Or they may think trader is an idiot Ipertaining to Starscream's last idea)

Edited by 49ER

Just now, Starscream said:

Have Gold egg. Want Silver (if that was the offer.) they might reapply.

Well, they might. But most people try to not reoffer if they're declined - it's annoying to the trader.

If my offer had just been rejected, I would see no point in offering the exact same thing again - I'd assume it would be rejected again.

Yes I would not offer again, unless I knew for sure they did not mean to reject it.

How about, "oops I accidentally cancelled TP and had to repost.  Want:  (insert item that you rejected here)  That tells person you accidentally cancelled, and still allows others who have what you want to offer)

Edited by 49ER

1 minute ago, Fuzzbucket said:

If my offer had just been rejected, I would see no point in offering the exact same thing again - I'd assume it would be rejected again.

Unfortunately that is the risk that is had when one hits the buttons on their side - I was thinking if the one putting up the trade, put a signal out that they wanted those breeds without saying "I accidentally rejected" the person may see that and try one m ore time. I'd like to assume that a second rejection makes the point. Its a want box, not a shout box.

Oh and its not just one mod that makes the decision, its a few.

35 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

Not according to Tj's quote here