Jump to content
TJ09

Trading Hub Feedback

TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

Message added by TJ09

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, osmarks said:

It's about five seconds of work to check whether a code was scrambled or not and there are not many code trades.

you have no idea what we do in our day, so 5 seconds or not -  don't do it. and to point out, you said earlier it is not in the actual rules, but posting codes IS in the actual rules. So unless its your HAVE, any WANTS with a code(Scrambled or otherwise) will be moderated.

 

I meant to add this: https://dragcave.net/terms

Edited by Starscream

Share this post


Link to post

> select code with cursor
> Ctrl-C

> edit URL bar to "dragcave.net/view/"

> Ctrl-V code in at end

> check if code belongs to growing dragon which they do not own

 

Maybe that's more like 10 seconds. But it's very little.

 

EDIT: Ah, the not updated in five years terms which ban internal site features, I see.

Edited by osmarks

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, Starscream said:

 

Things that won't get you banned 

 

  • Misrepresenting what you're offering

Good to know 

giphy.webp

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Starscream said:

Some of the criteria involves wanting users to unhide their scroll -  which can put the user at risk from a malicious attack.

They can't just choose not to unhide their scroll? That's their decision, and the only person who can immediately view them is the trader. If they offer and their scroll remains hidden they'll just get declined. Given that you expect people to check what traders are say they're offering there has to be some personal accountability here.

 

32 minutes ago, Starscream said:

(The latter one is a pain, but at least you can check and see for yourself before you place an offer.)

Not necessarily. (Say, a gold versus a golden wyvern, which has gold in the description, and both of which a new player may not have unlocked for the encyclopedia). And if you say they can check the wiki for that, that's asking them to check something offsite, which every other trade rule refuses to even consider.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Shadowdrake said:

Sorry to hear that, 1ce1and. Hopefully things will be resolved soon.

 

This is why we need actual rules, people. We have a single sentence that literally says "trades only", and any punishment is invisible. I know I saw 1ce1and's offer for a specific code many many times and have no doubt many others have too. I genuinely cannot understand why people think clear-cut rules is optional when actually explaining it and its exceptions needs a list.

 

 

Edit to add: I've definitely broken some of these unwritten rules before and haven't gotten punished at all for them, so, y'know, that's another indicator that there's more "rule-breaking" than mods can get to, or even notice.

Thanks! And at least now I know more about the rules and I can avoid making similar mistakes in the future. In fact, in the past I failed to realize the harm of asking for a specific egg. The egg which I was looking  for doesn’t have a scrollname on its page, and I found that it was no sick, so I didn’t think about how much troubles I might bring to the owner because other people couldn’t find out the owner. Well, it’s my fault :( I check its page often and found the egg was neglected, so I guessed that the owner may not be very active online, and that is the reason why I posted the trade for so many times(I just wanted him to see this) But if I cannot contact the owner, what can I do to ask him whether he want to trade the egg for something good? Maybe I have to trade on the forum? Is it permitted here?

Share this post


Link to post

@Shadowdrake, I have too...for example when I had stuff for you and said so on trade, to name one xD

 

@1ce1and  I remember your trades now.  Since you did not have a forum acct, I could not pm you to warn you.  I am pretty sure asking for specific code is not allowed on forum trades either.  And if person is never on, or is neglecting their egg, chances are they would never see your trade anyway.

Edited by 49ER

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, 49ER said:

@Shadowdrake, I have too...for example when I had stuff for you and said so on trade, to name one xD

 

@1ce1and  I remember your trades now.  Since you did not have a forum acct, I could not pm you to warn you.  I am pretty sure asking for specific code is not allowed on forum trades either.  And if person is never on, or is neglecting their egg, chances are they would never see your trade anyway.

Oh... What a pity... Thank you very much to tell me the rules! I’m a new user and English is not my mother language, so I fail to read, understand and remember all of the rules... It’s my fault anyway ;-;

Share this post


Link to post

@1ce1and I do not think it is your fault, in my opinion.  You did not have a forum account and therefore, did not find the rules on forum rules or on this very lengthy thread.  The rules need to be placed at top of trade hub.  Until then, I think people should not be banned.  My opinion

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, 49ER said:

Until then, I think people should not be banned.

I agree. The current track record is things take weeks if not months to be fixed after they're brought up. That is a lot of time and a lot of people who will, in all likelihood, be banned indefinitely for something that should have been a temp-ban at best, for rules that remain vague and indefinite (and outright non-existent on the hub).

Edited by Shadowdrake

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, 49ER said:

@1ce1and I do not think it is your fault, in my opinion.  You did not have a forum account and therefore, did not find the rules on forum rules or on this very lengthy thread.  The rules need to be placed at top of trade hub.  Until then, I think people should not be banned.  My opinion

I completely agree. There absolutely should be a full moratorium on bans from the Trading Hub until TJ posts clear rules ON-SITE. People are being banned for offenses that they had NO way to know were offenses and that is, quite frankly, disgusting.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, 49ER said:

@1ce1and I do not think it is your fault, in my opinion.  You did not have a forum account and therefore, did not find the rules on forum rules or on this very lengthy thread.  The rules need to be placed at top of trade hub.  Until then, I think people should not be banned.  My opinion

Well, but it’s out of our control 😂 I hope things will be improved in the future, little by little...

Share this post


Link to post

Actually I have a question for the trade hub mods.  Do you have the ability to just remove the offending trades?  And then not ban them til rules are put in place?

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, 49ER said:

Actually I have a question for the trade hub mods.  Do you have the ability to just remove the offending trades?  And then not ban them til rules are put in place?

Or just WAIT and NOT MOD THINGS until TJ gets the clear rules up. It's not like these are actively offensive messages these poor users are posting.

Share this post


Link to post

I agree with the above. Until the rules are solidified and publicized ON THE HUB, the ban hammer should not be flying. At all. And until we know all the rules, I'll be firmly ignoring all the mods' "fuzzy on this but might be okay" rule inputs. I'm not getting banned because they don't know for sure. Sorry but no.

 

RIP all the users like 1ce who literally had no idea what was going on until they got here. Further RIP all the users who aren't here and still have no idea.

Edited by animatedrose

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, animatedrose said:

I agree with the above. Until the rules are solidified and publicized ON THE HUB, the ban hammer should not be flying. At all. And until we know all the rules, I'll be firmly ignoring all the mods' "fuzzy on this but might be okay" rule inputs. I'm not getting banned because they don't know for sure. Sorry but no.

 

RIP all the users like 1ce who literally had no idea what was going on until they got here. Further RIP all the users who aren't here and still have no idea.

And this is why the trading hub needs to be closed, the rules hashed out and on the actual DRAGON CAVE TRADING HUB before getting reopened while everyone gets a clean slate BECAUSE DC USERS WHO DO NOT HAVE A FORUM AREN'T GOING TO REALISE THERE ARE ACTUAL RULES UNTIL THEY COME HERE ONTO THE FORUMS AND GO THROUGH ALMOST 50 PAGES OF THIS WHICH ISN'T FAIR TO THEM BECAUSE THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO DON'T WANT TO BE ON HERE AND YET YOU'RE FORCING THEM TO COME ON ANYWAY

 

ps: not angry but I'm very frustrated by all this

Edited by Dalek Raptor

Share this post


Link to post

No one can even tell someone that what they are doing will get them banned on the hub without also getting banned. 

 

And doesn't anyone find it really ironic that you can get banned for not reading the trading hub rules posted on the forums but mentioning that you can communicate using the forums on the trading hub can get you banned?

Edited by DarkEternity

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, DarkEternity said:

No one can even tell someone that what they are doing will get them banned on the hub without also getting banned. 

Wait wut?

*erases earlier statement*

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, I'm not trying to stir the already bubbling pot, but if what Ice did to get banned was posting codes that don't belong to them, that IS completely against the ON-SITE rules. I'm not arguing that people should stay banned, that rules shouldn't be fleshed out and posted in the hub, whatever, but I am saying that it just doesn't fly to act like there was no possible way for anyone to know that what they were doing was against the rules. It says directly in the TOS on-site that posting other user's dragons without permission is against the rules. If people have forgotten what the TOS says, or never read it, that's on them. Not the hub's fault if you don't know the rules that *are* actually listed on-site.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, 49ER said:

Wait wut?

*erases earlier statement*

Clearly the obvious way to save people from getting banned on the trading hub is to draw lots like we are on the Hunger Games. The person who is the most unlucky has to use their teleportation wants to post about the existence of the fact that lots of people can get banned by not reading this thread. This person will obviously also get banned, bad luck for them, but the sacrifice of one banned user is worth it. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

what Ice did to get banned

 

3 hours ago, 1ce1and said:

I got banned because I got a good offer but the owner was egglocked. I tried to remind him of this with a new trade, because I have seen other people do this for many times.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Unfortunately for Ice, no one could remind them by creating a new trade that reminding a person who is egglocked that they are egglocked could get them banned. And if you knowingly break the rules to warn them well, you can't even claim ignorance.  So I guess the only way to decide who should be the one to get banned for warning everyone else is by random ballot. 

 

It would be like winning the raffles, but the only prize you would win is that you got permanently banned to spare everyone else from getting permanently banned, the reward is in your good moral fibre. 

Edited by DarkEternity

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, DarkEternity said:

Unfortunately for Ice, no one could remind them by creating a new trade that reminding a person who is egglocked that they are egglocked could get them banned. And if you knowingly break the rules to warn them well, you can't even claim ignorance.  So I guess the only way to decide who should be the one to get banned for warning everyone else is by random ballot. 

 

It would be like winning the raffles, but the only prize you would win is that you got permanently banned to spare everyone else from getting permanently banned, the reward is in your good moral fibre. 

TJ has  already  said said it would not be permanent., iirc, and would be in stages, and retroactive.

Share this post


Link to post

@Shadowdrake They also said they didn't know about not asking for a specific egg.... When you get banned does it say what exactly you got banned for? Or are they just assuming they got banned for calling out a user and not for the code thing? (genuinely curious if it actually says a reason...)

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

@Shadowdrake They also said they didn't know about not asking for a specific egg.... When you get banned does it say what exactly you got banned for? Or are they just assuming they got banned for calling out a user and not for the code thing? (genuinely curious if it actually says a reason...)

Oh... It’s not just a guess. A mod told me about this ;-; And if you sent trades which were against the rules, you might be banned even though you have declined it

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.