TJ09

Trading Hub Feedback

Message added by TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

5 hours ago, Lucere said:

I mean, I put up rares asking for perfect codes (not asking for a specific code though). I actually do want these codes, although I hardly get any appropriate bites, and I'd hate for people to think that I'm "bragging" or whatever just because I want something that 99% of the user base cannot offer.

This entirely. I trade rares asking for codes. Not a specific code although there are certain codes that I will auto accept if it interests me enough. I never call out a particular code however mainly because I know it's like .000001 chance of me getting that specific code

I want to respond to something before the code question came up.  First off, nobody is arguing for the right to put up song lyrics.  So comparing actual trades to song lyrics is not the same thing.  If somebody puts up a gift and says they want it to go to somebody with a low trophy level or newbie, it could be argued that it IS a want.  They want to gift it to a newbie.  Even if people keep saying no it is not a want, then they know they cannot put that anymore than they will simply put Gift - offer a dummy and then ONLY choose someone who is a newbie to get it.  Speaking for myself, I would rather know that grabbing a dummy egg and locking up a slot has NO chance of getting accepted.  We all know that the other things cannot be enforced, but I don't see how it does any harm whatsoever to request something like don't kill it or freeze it, or please name it.  And those things are also Wants.

2 hours ago, 49ER said:

I want to respond to something before the code question came up.  First off, nobody is arguing for the right to put up song lyrics.  So comparing actual trades to song lyrics is not the same thing.  If somebody puts up a gift and says they want it to go to somebody with a low trophy level or newbie, it could be argued that it IS a want.  They want to gift it to a newbie.  Even if people keep saying no it is not a want, then they know they cannot put that anymore than they will simply put Gift - offer a dummy and then ONLY choose someone who is a newbie to get it.  Speaking for myself, I would rather know that grabbing a dummy egg and locking up a slot has NO chance of getting accepted.  We all know that the other things cannot be enforced, but I don't see how it does any harm whatsoever to request something like don't kill it or freeze it, or please name it.  And those things are also Wants.

While they may technically be 'wants', they are *not* a 'Want' about what kind of dragon you are looking for in return. They are a 'want' about what you expect someone else to do with *their own dragon*, which in general is frowned on and cannot be enforced in any way. Using the 'Want' box to try to dictate what someone does with their *own* dragon is definitely not using it for it's intended purpose, and I'd rather *hope* that that is legit against the rules. If you want it to go to a newbie, check scrolls before accepting, you don't *have* to put it in the box. If you are so concerned about someone possibly killing or freezing something, maybe only trade/gift with people you know, because that's not something that can or should be enforced or encouraged. (Also, the 'Want' box description specifies helping others understand what *offers* you want, and dictating what someone can do with a dragon has nothing at all to do with what kind of *offers* you want.)

Again, being able to say you want it to go to a newbie or someone with no trophy, lets people know if they are veteran player they don't need to bother locking up a slot to try and get it.  And I am sure the gifter will check scrolls.

9 hours ago, Lucere said:

But it does raise a point on whether or not this is allowed. Every other week or so I've been putting up NDs (and potentially may put up 2G prizes in the future) asking for something like "a [specific names codes I'm looking for] code, any lineage" or "a CB perfect 5-character Star Wars / Marvel code". I'd hate for this to be considered against the rules for being "too specific of a want," because honestly these codes are the only 'rares' I want at this point in the game. And just to be clear, I'm not targeting anyone specific who has these codes or trying to bully them into giving me these codes, it's more of a "if you happen to have this on your scroll and are willing to part with it, here's something I can offer to you in exchange. No hard feelings if you want to keep the code for yourself, though".

I've seen your trades (and offered on one, it wasn't perfect but I still have the 'Han' dragon lol)  and that's fine. Asking for a star wars related code or a marvel related code is totally different than asking for a specific, singular code that currently exists.

The problem isn't that it's too specific of a want - that's fine, you can ask for whatever you want for your dragon.

The problem is asking for a singular egg that currently exists. 

Because this:

I don't feel good about people putting full codes to growing dragons they don't own in the Want box though - often the egg/hatching gets checked out by so many curious people that it gets sick, and the new owner may be unaware of what's going on until it's too late. It's basically directing views and clicks to someone else's egg/hatching without their permission, which is getting dangerously close to viewbombing. If the new owner doesn't have their scroll name shown, then that says to me they don't want to be known or contacted and their choice should be respected.

So, asking for 'star wars codes' is fine, but if you saw 'HanXG' in the biomes, missed it, and asked for that specific egg, I would consider that... not cool. Cuz it's my egg, would draw unwanted attention to it, possibly make it sick etc...

I don't see the problem with asking for a very specific code they missed in the cave or something. Though of course it's incredibly unlikely for the code owner to see the trade, at least the trade holder is not expecting to get it back for free; they are actually offering something for it. I consider that a valid trade and not a misuse of the Trading Hub. If the protection of the code owner is necessary, the caps in the code could be messed. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I can accept the fact that I have been in the wrong for posting the exact code in my trade but I wish someone PMed me about it or contacted me in any way and said “hey, that’s not cool - fix it” but indirectly calling me out without contacting me is not entirely nice either. But that’s okay as well. I’m sorry about posting that code, I didn’t think it through enough before posting that trade and I’ll take the full blame for it and I hope people will learn from this to not do it. I understand why it’s problematic and I won’t do it anymore. I only wish someone messaged me and pointed it out to me instead of me needing to find out about this from other people. I removed all my trades and I’m truly sorry to the code owner if I caused them any trouble. I was in the end, just doing a favor for someone else - which is the silliest part of this all. 

Edited by amy

3 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

While they may technically be 'wants', they are *not* a 'Want' about what kind of dragon you are looking for in return. They are a 'want' about what you expect someone else to do with *their own dragon*, which in general is frowned on and cannot be enforced in any way. Using the 'Want' box to try to dictate what someone does with their *own* dragon is definitely not using it for it's intended purpose, and I'd rather *hope* that that is legit against the rules.

Exactly. I shall actually report any I see with an actual code. Because:

2 hours ago, Kaini said:

So, asking for 'star wars codes' is fine, but if you saw 'HanXG' in the biomes, missed it, and asked for that specific egg, I would consider that... not cool. Cuz it's my egg, would draw unwanted attention to it, possibly make it sick etc...

3 hours ago, 49ER said:

Again, being able to say you want it to go to a newbie or someone with no trophy, lets people know if they are veteran player they don't need to bother locking up a slot to try and get it.  And I am sure the gifter will check scrolls.

Yes. So you don'y need to specify - just wait till you get an offer from a scroll that meets your criteria. You've said it yourself !

42 minutes ago, Naraku said:

I don't see the problem with asking for a very specific code they missed in the cave or something. Though of course it's incredibly unlikely for the code owner to see the trade, at least the trade holder is not expecting to get it back for free; they are actually offering something for it. I consider that a valid trade and not a misuse of the Trading Hub. If the protection of the code owner is necessary, the caps in the code could be messed. 🤷🏻‍♀️

As I already quoted:

2 hours ago, Kaini said:

Cuz it's my egg, would draw unwanted attention to it, possibly make it sick etc...

21 minutes ago, Naraku said:

If the protection of the code owner is necessary, the caps in the code could be messed. 🤷🏻‍♀️

"If"? That's a little odd, I'd say the protection of the code owner is mandatory - them not being bothered or disturbed by unwanted attention is more important than someone else wanting to trade for it IMO. I also don't trust people to remember to alter the code - this situation is a perfect example of it. Plus it will create more work for the mods who will have to check that every "I want this egg back it's code is 12345" just to make sure it doesn't lead to the actual egg. TJ and the Mods have the final say on this of course, but personally I don't feel it's worth the risk of allowing this behavior on the Hub.

I feel bad for the owner of that dragon who had to hide it because of this mess.

Hello! I have been requested to post in this thread in the actual egg owner's lack of access to their own forum account. I apologize if the first half of the post may or may not be related to the actual discussion at hand, and I would like to request a deletion if it is considered spam, so long as it reaches the ones to whom it is intended to. 

1. They acknowledge the mistake that there could have been a better way to seek out the egg, pertaining to how the code was posted. However, they argue that it is not a specific entitlement to which they hold the wanted egg. It was a significant code to them, and the intention was not to harass the owner into giving it to them, but rather, bet on the very slim chance at finding the owner and offer a hopefully fair exchange considering the trouble at someone's discomfiture in having their own egg traded away. 

2. They were hoping to catch the attention of the anonymous owner, but raising the issue in this manner makes it a hunt towards the person in an extremely direct manner, not only affecting their trading credibility but putting the name to a trade, a scroll name to an issue that puts at risk not only one of their eggs, but their eggs and the future ones. The code was, indeed, changed, but nonetheless searchable, leaving a sizable space for the so-called viewbombers to take advantage. The trader, too, did not know a trade of theirs is being discussed, therefore opening them to curious spectators. The owner  hoped it could have been handled more civilly, as it did cause more distress to both sides than it should have, and that it was done in poor taste. As you both seem to be well-acquainted with problems entailed by publicly revealing someone's details, they request that you do not so the same to other, unsuspecting people, as well. 

3. The owner of the egg for trade apologizes for the inconvenience to the wanted egg as well, for they only wanted the code egg, not this entire drama. Instead, they ask for suggestions on how to seek out a very specific code, without leaving doubt that it is the same egg being sought, should the wanted egg's owner sees it. They said they have never done code trades before, so they are extremely new and inexperienced in this entire ordeal. 

4. Unrelated to the entire issue, but as for the gold discussion earlier, here is a direct quote: "p sure it's gonna get hunted bc it's a gold, people are petty over golds, code or not tbh. i get the comparison but thats just so far from a normal code bab ppl would be checkin out by theyre curious and ppl actively tryin to kill it bc it's a gold that isnt in their hands"

---

(This portion of the post is for my own two cents for the matter) 

I don't believe there is an issue with seeking for a very specific egg. We have posts seeking out second generation alts, purebred prizes, kins from two very specific pairs, female holly or honorable mention owners, and I feel that it is a very legitimate want despite them being requests that 99.9999% of the playerbase cannot fulfill.

It is not that I agree on having a code being posted in its proper capitalization and exact form, but I feel that an exact code being posted and having extremely specific wants are two different matters that only happen to go hand in hand. I, for one, put up trades in the off chance that someone has it, but it does not necessarily entail showing off that I have something to give, or that they are compelled to part with it for my own satisfaction. It is not active harassment for an anonymous owner, but seeking for a chance.

In the end, trades asking for very specific eggs are an attempt to reach out to someone who might have it, and I do believe that isn't valid grounds to report a trade, or to prohibit such trades for existing, if the only reason for such is that "a majority of the playerbase cannot fulfill it". By the same logic, we will have to watch out for trades that ask for a very specific lineage that only one or two people might be doing, or a project only a specific person (or a group of people) had undertaken. Our capacity to provide, as a playerbase, should not be someone's limitations to what they could, or could not request in their trades. 

All in all:

Support in the prohibition of posting specific codes that exist

No support in the prohibition of tailored wants

5 minutes ago, esse said:

Hello! I have been requested to post in this thread in the actual egg owner's lack of access to their own forum account. I apologize if the first half of the post may or may not be related to the actual discussion at hand, and I would like to request a deletion if it is considered spam, so long as it reaches the ones to whom it is intended to. 

1. They acknowledge the mistake that there could have been a better way to seek out the egg, pertaining to how the code was posted. However, they argue that it is not a specific entitlement to which they hold the wanted egg. It was a significant code to them, and the intention was not to harass the owner into giving it to them, but rather, bet on the very slim chance at finding the owner and offer a hopefully fair exchange considering the trouble at someone's discomfiture in having their own egg traded away. 

2. They were hoping to catch the attention of the anonymous owner, but raising the issue in this manner makes it a hunt towards the person in an extremely direct manner, not only affecting their trading credibility but putting the name to a trade, a scroll name to an issue that puts at risk not only one of their eggs, but their eggs and the future ones. The code was, indeed, changed, but nonetheless searchable, leaving a sizable space for the so-called viewbombers to take advantage. The trader, too, did not know a trade of theirs is being discussed, therefore opening them to curious spectators. The owner  hoped it could have been handled more civilly, as it did cause more distress to both sides than it should have, and that it was done in poor taste. As you both seem to be well-acquainted with problems entailed by publicly revealing someone's details, they request that you do not so the same to other, unsuspecting people, as well. 

3. The owner of the egg for trade apologizes for the inconvenience to the wanted egg as well, for they only wanted the code egg, not this entire drama. Instead, they ask for suggestions on how to seek out a very specific code, without leaving doubt that it is the same egg being sought, should the wanted egg's owner sees it. They said they have never done code trades before, so they are extremely new and inexperienced in this entire ordeal. 

4. Unrelated to the entire issue, but as for the gold discussion earlier, here is a direct quote: "p sure it's gonna get hunted bc it's a gold, people are petty over golds, code or not tbh. i get the comparison but thats just so far from a normal code bab ppl would be checkin out by theyre curious and ppl actively tryin to kill it bc it's a gold that isnt in their hands"

---

(This portion of the post is for my own two cents for the matter) 

I don't believe there is an issue with seeking for a very specific egg. We have posts seeking out second generation alts, purebred prizes, kins from two very specific pairs, female holly or honorable mention owners, and I feel that it is a very legitimate want despite them being requests that 99.9999% of the playerbase cannot fulfill.

It is not that I agree on having a code being posted in its proper capitalization and exact form, but I feel that an exact code being posted and having extremely specific wants are two different matters that only happen to go hand in hand. I, for one, put up trades in the off chance that someone has it, but it does not necessarily entail showing off that I have something to give, or that they are compelled to part with it for my own satisfaction. It is not active harassment for an anonymous owner, but seeking for a chance.

In the end, trades asking for very specific eggs are an attempt to reach out to someone who might have it, and I do believe that isn't valid grounds to report a trade, or to prohibit such trades for existing, if the only reason for such is that "a majority of the playerbase cannot fulfill it". By the same logic, we will have to watch out for trades that ask for a very specific lineage that only one or two people might be doing, or a project only a specific person (or a group of people) had undertaken. Our capacity to provide, as a playerbase, should not be someone's limitations to what they could, or could not request in their trades. 

All in all:

Support in the prohibition of posting specific codes that exist

No support in the prohibition of tailored wants

There IS an issue asking for a specific code; it can lead to viewbombing of a specific egg. There really isn't a reasonable way to ask for a specific egg unless you know the name of the scroll owner. The other examples you cite don't target a specific EGG, only adults - who are not at risk.

I would never support asking publicly for a specific code; the only thing I would JUST support is a note in a sig with caps messed and the breed listed. Anything else is too much of a risk.

3 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

There IS an issue asking for a specific code; it can lead to viewbombing of a specific egg. There really isn't a reasonable way to ask for a specific egg unless you know the name of the scroll owner. The other examples you cite don't target a specific EGG, only adults - who are not at risk.

I would never support asking publicly for a specific code; the only thing I would JUST support is a note in a sig with caps messed and the breed listed. Anything else is too much of a risk.

At the risk of sounding absolutely rude and blunt, did you read the post? I believe the answer is right there. 

Would it be okay to put something like "Want: a Timmy/Jimmy/Laura code, any breed, any lineage" ? (Note that these aren't the actual name codes I want, those are listed in my profile, but I didn't want to post it here in case my post gets quoted and I can't delete the name codes later on if I wished to protect my own privacy)

There are certain very very specific codes that I would want (names of loved ones), and I am actively searching for them both in the biomes and in the AP, but I don't want it to seem like I'm harassing someone if, for example, there actually was an anonymous user who happened to have a "Jimmy" code with different caps growing on their scroll but I didn't know about it because I don't go checking every caps variation of those name codes every time I post. 

To be clear, I'd be putting up something more like "Want: a Timmy/Jimmy/Laura code, any breed, any lineage" and not "Want: CB Bolt with code 'jiMMy"

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:
4 hours ago, 49ER said:

Yes. So you don'y need to specify - just wait till you get an offer from a scroll that meets your criteria. You've said it yourself !

Are you intentionally trying to miss my point?  My point is....If I want to offer but the gifter wants in to go only to a newbie, then I would want to know that so I don't waste a slot offering.  And it IS a want!

5 minutes ago, Lucere said:

To be clear, I'd be putting up something more like "Want: a Timmy/Jimmy/Laura code, any breed, any lineage" and not "Want: CB Bolt with code 'jiMMy"

That seems fine to me - it's specific enough that people understand what you're seeking but also vague enough that it doesn't lead to a specific egg or hatchling being targeted, which is the main issue. :) Ultimately it's up the TJ and the mods so in your position I might hold off until they weigh in on this.

esse, the first half of your post is a little hard to understand, it's quite vague and some of it I'm a bit confused on ("As you both seem to be well-acquainted with problems entailed by publicly revealing someone's details, they request that you do not so the same to other, unsuspecting people, as well." Who is this referring to? I'm unsure) but hopefully I understood the gist of it. Which is that the dragon they were seeking had a code that was important to them, and they wanted to try and get a hold of the new unknown owner, correct? I just don't agree with seeking out an egg or hatchling that was lost/missed, particularly when it involves CBs or dragons not bred by the seeker.

48 minutes ago, esse said:

Instead, they ask for suggestions on how to seek out a very specific code, without leaving doubt that it is the same egg being sought, should the wanted egg's owner sees it.

Here's the thing - there isn't any good way to do this without infringing on the egg owner's privacy. If the egg's owner really wanted to trade it, they'll put it up for trade. If they are not trying to trade it... then we need to let it go. I'm not a huge code collector but I've missed a few that I really, really wanted and I accepted that if I don't see it in the trading threads later then I'm out of luck and I must deal with it. This is especially true when the user has hidden their scroll name - that is a huge 'I want to be left alone' signal to me. Don't try and get into contact with them, don't try and get their attention... just leave them be.

I've had people try and get my attention about eggs on my scroll that they wanted, offering swaps or trades, and I found it rude regardless of what they offered in return. If I want to trade something my egg, I'll put it up for trade - nobody should bother me or anyone else about an egg or hatchling on their scroll. And putting up a public trade that plainly posts a code to someone else's growing dragon without their permission is straight up wrong, it literally violates the ToS and whoever made that trade should feel lucky if they didn't lose their Want Box privilege. Goodness knows we've seen some players lose it over much more harmless acts.

To me, there is an enormous difference between asking for a very rare dragon like a PB Prize and asking for a specific egg that is on someone's scroll. It's not about how difficult the request is to fill, it's about publicly targeting another users vulnerable dragon even if you mean well. There's nothing wrong with someone asking for a "PB Prize", that's a vague enough request that we can't pinpoint a specific egg or hatching but "I want the PB Prize who has this specific code" easily allows ANYONE to find it and possibly inflict harm on it. The worst part is the owner usually has no idea what is going on, and is probably confused why this one dragon is getting more attention than normal... if they catch it in time, I've certainly seen well-meaning users put codes to lost eggs in a public place like their sig and then check on it later only to see it has died of sickness. Sometimes from malicious people (of which there are lot more of these past couple years, remember) but also from too many people being curious. In either case, the new owner is the one who suffers.

Tl;dr I feel if we want an egg but it hasn't been put up for trade, the right thing to do is to let it go and move on. Regardless of how bad we want it or how much we'd offer them in exchange. It's not on our scroll and it's not our business. But again, I'm not TJ or a mod so their word certainly overrides mine.

2 hours ago, amy said:

I can accept the fact that I have been in the wrong for posting the exact code in my trade but I wish someone PMed me about it or contacted me in any way and said “hey, that’s not cool - fix it” but indirectly calling me out without contacting me is not entirely nice either. But that’s okay as well. I’m sorry about posting that code, I didn’t think it through enough before posting that trade and I’ll take the full blame for it and I hope people will learn from this to not do it. I understand why it’s problematic and I won’t do it anymore. I only wish someone messaged me and pointed it out to me instead of me needing to find out about this from other people. I removed all my trades and I’m truly sorry to the code owner if I caused them any trouble. I was in the end, just doing a favor for someone else - which is the silliest part of this all. 

I actually didn't even look up who posted this, sorry. Much less did I want to look up if you had the same name on the forums and DC itself. Not to mention that such a PM could have been construed as harrassment, considering there currently is no rule about posting codes of other people's eggs in trades and I, personally, do not make the rules. Public awareness of the issue and its consequences were what I felt was needed, and of course, this usually leads to discussion - which, in this case, is quite healthy. Maybe I should have changed the "silver lunar herald" to something like "breed x", though, and randomized the caps of the code - or even add a number, for which I apologize. 

2 hours ago, esse said:

I did not mean to imply that it had to be that, but that the possibility existed. If posting complete codes is permissible in the trading hub, there's quite a lot of potential for abuse - viewbombing via directing attention there, harrassing another user (if several of their eggs are targeted), or just simple trolling ("Want: Egg with the code < 3").

2. They were hoping to catch the attention of the anonymous owner, but raising the issue in this manner makes it a hunt towards the person in an extremely direct manner, not only affecting their trading credibility but putting the name to a trade, a scroll name to an issue that puts at risk not only one of their eggs, but their eggs and the future ones. The code was, indeed, changed, but nonetheless searchable, leaving a sizable space for the so-called viewbombers to take advantage. The trader, too, did not know a trade of theirs is being discussed, therefore opening them to curious spectators. The owner  hoped it could have been handled more civilly, as it did cause more distress to bo

th sides than it should have, and that it was done in poor taste. As you both seem to be well-acquainted with problems entailed by publicly revealing someone's details, they request that you do not so the same to other, unsuspecting people, as well.

Interestingly enough, this is the second person who feels called out by my post, which is kind of... weird. Still, I doubt people here think that the action was malicious. There currently is no rule against posting wanted codes in the trading hub, either, so I doubt this would be able to cause lasting damage. Still, I find it ironic that your friend accuses me of "opening them to curious spectators" while they did the same to the person owning the egg they wanted and consider my action to be done "in poor taste", while theirs was totally justifiable. 

hippo-critical.jpg 

I already apologized that I should have made the trade less recognizable, and I'll do it again. I should have thought this through better, and I'm sorry I didn't.

The owner of the egg for trade apologizes for the inconvenience to the wanted egg as well, for they only wanted the code egg, not this entire drama. Instead, they ask for suggestions on how to seek out a very specific code, without leaving doubt that it is the same egg being sought, should the wanted egg's owner sees it. They said they have never done code trades before, so they are extremely new and inexperienced in this entire ordeal. 

I think that the best way to do this would be to only allow for 3 letters to be shown and the two last ones being replaced by **. That leaves almost 1300 different codes to search through if you're targeting an existing egg, especially when it includes which breed you're looking for. I'm not quite as sure how to go about looking for name codes that might or might not exist. Sorry, no idea.

1 hour ago, Terces said:

To me, there is an enormous difference between asking for a very rare dragon like a PB Prize and asking for a specific egg that is on someone's scroll. It's not about how difficult the request is to fill, it's about publicly targeting another users vulnerable dragon even if you mean well. There's nothing wrong with someone asking for a "PB Prize", that's a vague enough request that we can't pinpoint a specific egg or hatching but "I want the PB Prize who has this specific code" easily allows ANYONE to find it and possibly inflict harm on it. The worst part is the owner usually has no idea what is going on, and is probably confused why this one dragon is getting more attention than normal... if they catch it in time, I've certainly seen well-meaning users put codes to lost eggs in a public place like their sig and then check on it later only to see it has died of sickness. Sometimes from malicious people (of which there are lot more of these past couple years, remember) but also from too many people being curious. In either case, the new owner is the one who suffers.

Very much this.

Why not allow codes but only with slightly messed up capitalization (you'd say so, obviously)? That way no viewbombing issue but someone with the code would still know.

At this stage, lots of people on the trading hub are declaring the codes of their traded egg in order to advertise it in their posts so a lot of people probably think that codes must be alright, in fact they can see codes of literally every dragon in the trading hub already. 

Maybe the last character could have been omitted or the caps have been changed but I don't think you can literally expect everyone on the trading hub to know that posting a code is kind of risky. And also it's not like anyone literally messaged a person over the proposed egg return or changed the names of the parent which in my opinion is putting direct pressure to return the egg rather than referring to a code obliquely in a trading post. 

I think that people would be a lot more general about what codes they were interested in if the wants box was big enough to accommodate code wants. Even taking the example of Star Wars, there's the now noncanon EU, books, movies you name it. Probably not a big problem if you wanted something like Vader but say I wanted my favourite character Pellaeon's code and the person would probably think that said code resulting from this character's name is completely different from a Star Wars code want unless you are also into the same area of the fandom.  

I'd also like to note that "no exact codes", despite being very definitively a thing you want, is possibly banned now according to some moderators - though naturally, not with any official proclamation - showing yet another case of inadequate rules.

@olympe

It was not about the fact that you both called someone out in some manner of form, or that they are under the illusion that their actions were justifiable (which is most definitely not, a fact that they have acknowledged and owned up to) but that you tried to "correct a wrong with another wrong". (This is not a verbatim statement, but it should have the gist of it) 

I suppose it should be fine now that both sides recognize the mistake and apologized to the other party? I'm sure there can be a better resolution between you and the actual person you've wronged, so I'll leave you here (unless there is something that needs asking and requires being responded to). 

@Terces

I agree that there is no way to seek a specific code without putting the owner's dragons' protection in the line. However, I do not agree with the statement that if it is not publicly posted, it should be let go.

If you find random people contacting you rude, that's you and your playstyle. Just because you are, doesn't mean everyone is. I find it thrilling to have something someone sought for, because I drop by the cave to fill my scroll with random eggs, breed my shiny boy once a week, and call it sufficient activity. To me, they're just eggs, and if people find my catch precious that they sought me far enough to get it, I would gladly give it. If it is something I intend to keep, it's equally fine to politely decline the offer instead of making a fuss-- They asked, and I said no. Straight and simple. 

However, people aren't just like you and me. Some people are hesitant to trade theirs away unless there is a sufficiently good offer. Some don't put it up until they find a better one to replace it. Having people approach is sometimes a variable, but it's not that hard to ask, as is to say no or to direct them to someone who can breed what they asked (as in the case of bred dragons). Some people opt not to put up trades on their own to avoid harrassment from people seeking it out and people who might potentially take highly against trading refusal, and opt to quietly offer it on a trade that asks for it, and that is, perhaps, one of the many considerations I give as to why I am perfectly fine with those ridiculously specific want lists. 

All I can say is that I support the choice to specifically seek out a dragon, but I think it may be going too far to say "If it's not there, don't try". If that is how you play your game, then it's yours. I don't imagine avid spriter alt collectors expanded their collection by sitting around and not trying just because it wasn't there, after all. 

8 hours ago, Kaini said:

I've seen your trades (and offered on one, it wasn't perfect but I still have the 'Han' dragon lol)  and that's fine. Asking for a star wars related code or a marvel related code is totally different than asking for a specific, singular code that currently exists.

The problem isn't that it's too specific of a want - that's fine, you can ask for whatever you want for your dragon.

The problem is asking for a singular egg that currently exists. 

I agree with all of this! Asking for a code related to something is different that calling out a specific code.

As anther user pointed out, there are REASONS mentioning codes of dragons you don't own is against the rules in the forums. AND those reasons hold true for doing the same in the TH. ( The rules for TH are unclear BUT I am assuming that when they shake down,my bet is this will PROBABLY be addressed somewhere in them.)While it may or may NOT have had any malicious intent (either bragging or bombing) and it may BE that the person asking really DOES JUST want to trade for that particular code... it DOES bring extra views and attention on the own of the code, if it exists.

Edited by JavaTigress

@JavaTigress Depending on your view, the rules of the hub either consist of that one line about the want box being for "wants", all the stuff TJ09 has said on the forums about the hub rules, or all the stuff the moderators have said. So it may or may not be against the rules.

5 minutes ago, osmarks said:

@JavaTigress Depending on your view, the rules of the hub either consist of that one line about the want box being for "wants", all the stuff TJ09 has said on the forums about the hub rules, or all the stuff the moderators have said. So it may or may not be against the rules.

Exactly the problem, THO...it may fall under links since you can very easily link to a dragon/ eggie using its code?

Ats why I think it may NEED to be specifically addressed, just like it is on the forums.

Just now, JavaTigress said:

Exactly the problem, THO...it may fall under links since you can very easily link to a dragon/ eggie using its code?

Ats why I think it may NEED to be specifically addressed, just like it is on the forums.

It would only fall under links under incredibly vague interpretations which barely make sense.

3 minutes ago, osmarks said:

It would only fall under links under incredibly vague interpretations which barely make sense.

I see your point. AS I said, VERY unclear. Bottom line... we REALLY need a far more clear set of rules. THAT much, I think, most of us can agree on.