TJ09

Trading Hub Feedback

Message added by TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

Maybe instead of adding something like the AP where you can freely take eggs, you could get them from request? For example, user A puts up a link to their gold. Person B and C click it and ask for the egg (as if you offered eggs, but you don't offer anything). User A then looks to see their scrolls (any dead eggs, sick eggs, etc) and gives it to the healthiest scroll? 

I dunno it sounds dumb now that I type it out. I was just thinking it'd be hard getting eggs like that because you'd constantly need to search for what you want. Stalking the AP is easier.

7 hours ago, TJ09 said:

This is actually doable now thanks to the changes that were put in place to support the history page. I'll think about it.

Please TJ add this? I know I've passed on potential trades because I thought but didn't quite remember if I'd actually offered, and prefer to be on the conservative side than spam a user with offers. 

Cheers!
C4. 

I think there should be a chat feature, at least for trading. When offering a set of eggs someone might want just one or something else. For example:

*Player A offers dragon*

*Player B offers dragons XYZ for it*

"to: player B, could I just have dragons Z and X?"

trading becomes more efficient. 

Edited by Quackery-
Ah, I really am posting here too much

18 minutes ago, Quackery- said:

I think there should be a chat feature, at least for trading. When offering a set of eggs someone might want just one or something else. For example:

*Player A offers dragon*

Adding a chat feature would mean a whole new feature that would need mods and could be potentially used for abuse.

I mean lets say player A makes a trade. Player B has beef with player A, initiates a trade with player A and sends a really nasty chat message to Player A. I mean sure we have have the same cuss filter put on it as we have on the dragon names...but I'm pretty sure people can find creative ways around that.

If you dont want something that is offered as a packaged deal with what you do want? Accept and trade off what you dont want simple as that 😜 I've done it before and it nets me more dragons I want rather than me taking the time to be all "yeah I want you to waste a teleport and resend with X removed". After all we are still using our teleports...some newer players wouldnt be able to even remove X derg (s) because they wouldnt have the amount of Teleports needed. 

Unless we are also given the ability to add/remove eggs from an active teleport. 

53 minutes ago, Quackery- said:

*Player A offers dragon*

I don't really think this is necessary. If you don't want one of the dragons offered but do want the others, just accept the trade and then abandon the unwanted one (or even trade it for more good stuff!). I'm one of the people that simply doesn't want direct communication in the game, and that's one of the things I love about the current trading hub setup, you can post public trades and offer on public trades but there is still no forced communication.

1 hour ago, Quackery- said:

*Player A offers dragon*

In that hypothetical scenario it'd just be easier if the first person could pick which ones to accept in trade, like a checklist. I know I wish I had that option sometimes.

Edit: 

If you don't want one of the dragons offered but do want the others, just accept the trade and then abandon the unwanted one

That doesn't help when you're egg locked for a day or more, risking the other person cancelling their offer completely.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Okay this is my mobile view of the "new" trade market...in normal mode (my preferred DC viewing mode)

j5awpd.png

In landscape mode the pictures of hatchies/eggs show up but I do NOT like playing DC in landscape as stuff gets cut off and it involves way more scrolling.

11 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

In that hypothetical scenario it'd just be easier if the first person could pick which ones to accept in trade, like a checklist. I know I wish I had that option sometimes.

That sounds cool to me. They just review what they checked and agree or disagree. (Egg locked or something)

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

I don't really think this is necessary. If you don't want one of the dragons offered but do want the others, just accept the trade and then abandon the unwanted one (or even trade it for more good stuff!). I'm one of the people that simply doesn't want direct communication in the game, and that's one of the things I love about the current trading hub setup, you can post public trades and offer on public trades but there is still no forced communication.

I'm with her. NO direct scroll to scroll communication thanks.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

18 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Trading HISTORY. I thought it was supposed to show actual history - but it seems to show current activity only I had two trades up there, and fine, they were the first I'd done since  it was invented - but when one was accepted it left my history. Maybe misnomer - should it be called Current Trading Activity or something ? Because history it isn't. Or even Current Transfers, as it used to be ?

My Trading History showed the current trades I had offered on, but they are gone now. Only thing showing up now are the trades I had to hit cancel on since it was showing and error and showed that I offered nothing.

I would be fine with it at least showing a "C" for caveborn and an "L" if the offered item is lineaged. Being able to do a search for "Caveborn" would be really nice, but it would prolly pull up more trades then I could see unless we have the pages to look through.

Maybe add a "New Release" search option for what ever the newest release dragons are that have not been added into the list yet.

Edited by Zylara

So what happened to the two trades on which I offered some hours ago? They're not in my trade history and not in my trading hub area.

Shouldn't the history tell me something about them?

32 minutes ago, Dalek Raptor said:

Can we please fix it for mobile!? 

This is what it looks like for mobile users now

It didn't look like this yesterday and considering half of DC players are mobile, it looks ugly and choppy.  

This is what it looks like when we request desktop mode

It's not really fair to us mobile users to keep having to switch over to desktop mode all the time just to enjoy some of the features

My view is even worse than yours. I get nada for egg/hatchie images. If you flip to viewing landscape does the hatchies/eggs show up better on my phone landscape shows the eggs and portrait shows pretty much the same as yours except not even half a sprite image.

22 hours ago, Quackery- said:

That sounds cool to me. They just review what they checked and agree or disagree. (Egg locked or something)

This would be handy, cause I too already experienced nice offers but no way to tell the other person I simply can't accept that amount of eggs/hatchlings right now. 

Also, maybe some sort of optional forum communication thing: when you set up your trade, you can check a box that will show a PM link to your profile on the forums. If you leave it unchecked, nothing will show. No direct communication for people who don't want it, and it might persuade some people to make a forum account for that. 

Thoughts on that? 

ETA: I also second wanting to be able to edit my trade without canceling it completely etc.

Edited by Cinspawn

Throwing my +1 Behind the request for pages.

I think it'd be beneficial to more directly interconnect the new features with the Encyclopedia, to make things easier to navigate. On the Encyclopedia entry for each species there could be a link "View Active Trades" and "View in Marketplace". It might be just me, but I'm not always 100% on names, and even if I was, not all searches are available. Having a connection to the trading hub from the encyclopedia would make searching easier, and could make it clearer if a search is unavailable and why.

On 5/21/2018 at 11:49 AM, Shokomon said:

Is the filter limited by what is unlocked in the encyclopedia? Because I can't see dinos or chickens (or papers actually) on my list while others have them on thier list.

284716597_TradingHub-NoChickensorDinos.PNG.21ecc99550ec5205f7c9d53f3fb0d7fd.PNG

That is really inconvenient because the whole reason I want to trade for them is because I don't have them.

And with no pages or no way to filter by date, there isn't a real alternate way to check if any are available either.

I suggest making searching for the breeds by trade available regardless of status. Something that happens in between users shouldn't bel locked by encyclopedia status. (Unlike the market which is a pure game construct.)

It keeps potential interested parties away from trades.

(Now, if I got this completely wrong, please correct me, and tell me how to fix the issue.)

This is still an issue for me.

Especially, since the rule for the Market [You need to at least observe at least one egg of the breed of dragon before you can buy it] does NOT apply to the Trading Hub as I still cannot search by dinos or chickens, despite having access to them in the market.

And we still don't have pages or date filters.

7 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

This is still an issue for me.

Especially, since the rule for the Market [You need to at least observe at least one egg of the breed of dragon before you can buy it] does NOT apply to the Trading Hub as I still cannot search by dinos or chickens, despite having access to them in the market.

And we still don't have pages or date filters.

The same criteria for name unlocking should apply generally across anywhere encyclopedia names are used. If that's not the case (i.e. market names, trading hub search form and view pages for eggs don't all agree), then that's a bug which should be reported in Help.

Pagination has already been addressed and is happening. Bringing it up in an exasperated "we still don't have this" fashion isn't doing to change much.

It's been less than one day and we only have one TJ. I think this might require patience.

I haven't tried the market or trade hub yet myself as I locked myself as quickly as I could with the new eggs. I've sorted through a bit trying to see what sort of trades I could find and was surprised that I couldn't search for some things. I did manage to make the connection between what was still locked in the encyclopedia and what wasn't. Once that occurred to me I thought it made sense from a lore perspective as we could hardly be searching for an egg we had never seen.

Edited by Fiona
spelling is gooooood

Added support here for being able to pick-and-choose what offered things I accept (if an offer on my trade has more than one thing).

While I like the thought of being able to change what I've put up mid-teleport, I feel like that might actually mess with the people who offered on my trade. I could see that system being abused such that the trade creatork could, without another player's foreknowledge, waste the recipient's egg/dragon slots. (i.e. If they expect one egg to be traded to them, and you end up sending them three, even if they have the room for it, they are down two egg slots they didn't expect to be missing.) Alternatively, the trade creator could also put up something really nice as a hook, then bait and switch for a nice offer and give the recipient garbage (i.e. if the trade creator puts up a CB Metal, someone offers something nice, then the creator switches the metal out for some inbred common and completes the trade). As the trading system is now, where the trade creator has ultimate say as to whose dragons they get and when, I don't think being able to alter a trade without breaking it is a good idea.

I was thinking it would be cool to be able to filter by multiple breeds at once, and maybe even save favorite search settings.  For example, I primarily look for magis, orange nebulas, mageias, and spessartines - it'd be awesome to quickly check offers of those at once.  Or I could save all the breeds I still need freezies off and quickly look through the offers for good candidates.  And there are probably a bunch of other uses that people could think of.

Might not be doable, but that along with the already-addressed pages are the two things that I've been thinking I would love to have.

Can we pleaaaaaase have back a list of all Magis available for teleport somewhere in the trading section? Please? Now that the 'active transfers' (or whatever it was called) link is no longer in our account page it seems that the convenient list of Magis is gone. On the Trading Hub page it doesn't even give me an option of which Magi to use, it just says which one will be used. That's very annoying because I like to use certain Magis at certain times, not necessarily in whatever order they are listed. (I know I can still access any Magi's teleport through their actions page but that's very annoying to hunt them down.)

14 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Can we pleaaaaaase have back a list of all Magis available for teleport somewhere in the trading section? Please? Now that the 'active transfers' (or whatever it was called) link is no longer in our account page it seems that the convenient list of Magis is gone. On the Trading Hub page it doesn't even give me an option of which Magi to use, it just says which one will be used. That's very annoying because I like to use certain Magis at certain times, not necessarily in whatever order they are listed. (I know I can still access any Magi's teleport through their actions page but that's very annoying to hunt them down.)

You're the first person to tell me they pay attention to which dragons they use for teleport.

You should be able to see the list via the dragon filters, though: https://dragcave.net/dragons/1,4,12

1 hour ago, TJ09 said:

You're the first person to tell me they pay attention to which dragons they use for teleport.

Okay, I'm the second one now to tell you I do :lol: (Don't look for logic here, please.)

So yesterday I had 2 trades in my history where I myself cancelled my offers.

They disappeared over night, instead, history now shows (at least that, thank you!) that two offers I made were cancelled - not by me. I think? Because one of these offers included the exact same 2 eggs that I offered (and cancelled) before and so I'm not sure ...

Why did the other two "cancelled" entries disappear?

How long does the history look back? 24 hours? Something else?

Could that "cancelled" line perhaps be expanded to say if cancelled "by you" or "by {trader's name}"?

I don't know if this was mentioned yet or if I am the only one experiencing this issue (like, maybe it's just bad luck??), but I keep running into people offering dragons on my trades and not knowing their scroll is full. It would be lovely if there was a way to let them know without directly contacting them (because sometimes that's actually impossible if they have no forum account...)

For example, if I try to accept a trade, and the person's scroll is full, they could get a notification stating that there was an attempt to accept their offer but they are at their limit so it failed. Would that be too invasive or something? It's incredibly frustrating anyway; this is the only frustrating thing I've found with the trade hub so far. There have been a few offers I wanted to accept, but there is no way to communicate to the person about their scroll being full. 😞

Edited by Valtrois

3 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Okay, I'm the second one now to tell you I do :lol: (Don't look for logic here, please.)

So yesterday I had 2 trades in my history where I myself cancelled my offers.

They disappeared over night, instead, history now shows (at least that, thank you!) that two offers I made were cancelled - not by me. I think? Because one of these offers included the exact same 2 eggs that I offered (and cancelled) before and so I'm not sure ...

Why did the other two "cancelled" entries disappear?

How long does the history look back? 24 hours? Something else?

Could that "cancelled" line perhaps be expanded to say if cancelled "by you" or "by {trader's name}"?

This sounds like an error. My cancelled trades haven't disappeared from my trading history. This might be similar to some of the notifications disappearing when they weren't meant to. Could you please post about this in the help forum so TJ can look into it? :)

5 hours ago, TJ09 said:

You should be able to see the list via the dragon filters, though: https://dragcave.net/dragons/1,4,12

3 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I'm the third. And I have logic.I like them all to feel valued, so I (try to) use them in strict rotation XD 

A filter for time left would be nice - or a sort by time left. I can wait - I know there are actual bugs need sporting, but I thought I'd mention it.

Edited by Fuzzbucket