TJ09

Trading Hub Feedback

Message added by TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

Also in favor of pages. Whenever I ask for fair offers on my trades, I get mostly 20G+ messy, inbred ER commons. But if I don't have a specific "want" in mind...I can't really avoid that, can I? At least we can browse trades with pages. 

I don't really agree with a free-for-all page being beneficial though. We already have the AP, Take an Egg Leave an Egg, and the Departures thread, all of which are open to all players (active on the forum or not). 

I got a bug.

KCeYxoV.jpg

I offered an egg but later canceled and offered 2 eggs. After I saw this weirdness I canceled and can offer things again. Problem is it says that my 2 eggs are stilll in progress

edit: now it says my offer is still active and not canceled

Edited by Nandeenah

7 hours ago, Tears in Rain said:

I think the 'view' links on dragons posted should be replaced with 'lineage' links. I posted my dragons in the Trading Hub and they're getting unnecessary clicks like crazy XD , not to mention it's easier to check a dragon by lineage rather than by going to its 'view' page and then checking the lineage page as an additional action.

Also I agree that some kind of lineage filter would be cool - maybe CaveBorn vs. non-CaveBorn, for starters, and then smth more complex like Gen 2 (3, 4...), stairstep, even gen et cetera :) 

The view v. lineage link thing was what I came here to suggest so I'm glad someone else agrees!

I'd also like a better way to browse all trades, or to be able to select multiple things to look for at one time.

Overall I think this is already a really good feature, and I'm especially happy with the freedom of having a text box.

I see some people brought up variants of this, but I'd really like some type of indicator on or besides the dragons themselves as to what generation they are (using either CB or 1 for caveborns). A lineage viewer and a way to sort by gen would also be useful (maybe a sliding scale where you could pick a number range, ie 1-3?)

At least some people are unable to see the box where input for public trades goes, and I at least have tested on a couple of browsers and still had the issue.

e: To clarify: intended behavior from other descriptions seems to be click public trade->box shows up. Clicking public trade does nothing but make the end trade public on my end and i'm not the only one with that problem.

Edited by Guillotine

Well, you'd know; your scroll would change  I think alerts are for when you need to DO something ?

Edited by Fuzzbucket

7 minutes ago, Quackery- said:

I noticed there is no alert for accepted trades?

Might want to post it here:

Trading HISTORY. I thought it was supposed to show actual history - but it seems to show current activity only I had two trades up there, and fine, they were the first I'd done since  it was invented - but when one was accepted it left my history. Maybe misnomer - should it be called Current Trading Activity or something ? Because history it isn't. Or even Current Transfers, as it used to be ?

I think a way to filter by gen might be useful, especially if most of the newest trades shown are a specific gen that you aren't looking for (omg pleeeeeassse pages!!). As far as seeing the gen beside each trade, I guess it might be helpful to have it *rightthere* but the egg/hatchie images next to each trade are clickable, so it's just one extra click to find out if it's CB (two if you have to click it's lineage link). 

Maybe for a simple generation filter we could have options of:

• CB
  • short (2-4 gen: before tiles shrink in lineage view)
  • long (5-12 gen: the lineage view limit)
  • extra long (12 gen+)

alternate suggestion by adp:

• CB
  • short (2-4 gen: before tiles shrink in lineage view)
  • medium (5-8 gen)
  • long (9-12 gen: lineage view limit)
  • extra long (12 gen+)

The slider sounds fine too, this is just an alternate idea.

Edited by Shadowdrake

3 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Maybe for a simple generation filter we could have options of:

CB

short (2-4 gen: before tiles shrink in lineage view)

long (5-12 gen: the lineage view limit)

extra long (12 gen+)

The slider sounds fine too, this is just an alternate idea.

That's not bad! I'd make it medium (5-8) and then long (9-12) though!

I think an ability to block a user from offering on a trade, after they have been declined three times, would be useful. (either trade only and or, at all). (The trade would not show up for htem after it was toggled.

I'd love to be able to gift using the trading market

Hello! My eggs and hatchlings got stuck on a trade as an offer!! I cannot cancel and the eggs havd -17667d0h and have no lineage but when I go in the actiona page they are still offered!! I tried everything and cannot cancel and my Spinel hatchling is sick now an I cannot hide it :(

Just now, Shuuichi said:

Hello! My eggs and hatchlings got stuck on a trade as an offer!! I cannot cancel and the eggs havd -17667d0h and have no lineage but when I go in the actiona page they are still offered!! I tried everything and cannot cancel and my Spinel hatchling is sick now an I cannot hide it :(

I have a similar problem :

My trade offer looks like this to me 630726309_2018-05-2118_10_28.png.128c9d3423c18f233edc94866a5096f7.png

So I don't know if the other person can even see it. Besides, they are four eggs, not three... Negative things xD

20 minutes ago, ninish said:

I have a similar problem :

My trade offer looks like this to me 630726309_2018-05-2118_10_28.png.128c9d3423c18f233edc94866a5096f7.png

So I don't know if the other person can even see it. Besides, they are four eggs, not three... Negative things xD

For everybody who has this glitch (and it's a lot of people), you need to post in the Help Section:

That will call more attention to it.

22 hours ago, Feesh said:

May be too similar to the AP, but would a freebies page/area for one-way transfers be implemented? 

22 hours ago, perzephone said:

I, too, support this. Especially since no one really seems to use the Leave an Egg/Take an Egg on the DC Records site anymore.

I thought about adding a general "is public" toggle when making a trade, but decided to start with public trades for now. I'm not opposed to enabling it for transfers as well, but I'm not sure what the unique value of it is over just abandoning the egg, as you alluded to. It'd probably end up replacing the AP because it'd presumably be searchable, but locking useful "abandoning" functionality behind having magis feels like the wrong direction to go.

20 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

Oh, so that's why there are not more trades... I was assuming there would be pages to go through once there'd be more public trades.

Since I'm rarely looking for a specific breed (more interested in codes and lineages) I would really like to be able to look at all the trades.

Pagination for the list isn't there initially because I wanted to assess the volume of public trades. Looks like it'll turn out to be useful.

18 hours ago, lovecats99 said:

Supported. Would be interesting to see what pops up now and then and the rate at which gifts go (might be quicker and more organised than the Departures Board!)

My suggestion is to be able to sort between the gens of dragons to be traded so like being able to tick off which gen of dragon breed you're looking for in the filter and going from there (e.g. CB, 2g, 3g, etc.) I can see a lot of trades asking for CB rares and whatnot whilst offering absolutely messy Golds, Avatars, Tinsels, etc in the trading area at the moment and I just feel someone's going to be silly/tired enough to offer their precious eggs on a dragon only to wake up and realise at the last minute that they've lost their dragons to a bad trader because they've made a bad assumption that the offered dragons are rare due to the request. So I feel like displaying the generation of egg/hatchie would reduce the likelihood of the wrong trades happening and therefore a better trading atmosphere.

image.png.8cf40909ace028db56f983aa5b8874f8.png

Filter

Being able to differentiate between different types of lineages (e.g. stairstep, checker, PB) would also be useful but that might be a bit of a stretch since i've no clue on how difficult that's going to be to code and implement or whatnot.

I covered this in the first post, but I specifically avoided taking much of a stance on what things are valid to filter on/show around lineages.

18 hours ago, StormWizard212 said:
18 hours ago, Felinor said:

Also, someone in the discord suggested that we could "pin" the trades that we are interested in but we can't offer just yet.

I think it would be really useful to be able to save trades we see to a 'favourites' section or pin them as suggested. If you have something nice to trade and you're not quite sure what you would like in return, being able to save the trades you're interested in somewhere rather than just leave them sitting in open tabs would be really useful. :)

I personally use extra browser tabs or other things for links I plan to come back to later. I don't know if trades last long enough for a real "save for later" feature to provide a lot of use.

18 hours ago, Naruhina_94 said:

1) I suggest to optimize the space and include into the Trading Hut page even the Market link, possibly with a brief explanation of how they differentiate from one another.

When I click on Trading it would be nice to see two nice looking images, one with the Trading Hut title and the other one with Market title. 

The market and trading are as different as the cave and trading. They're two separate features, so having them under the same navigational space doesn't quite make sense to me.

18 hours ago, Naruhina_94 said:

2) I suggest to leave a little bit of space to describe what you're offering. There is a nice space for "Wants", I think it would be fair to add an extra line or write besides the hatchling/egg itself some extra infos about what you have.

If i'm offering a 2nd gen whiptail from an awesome lineage (like 2nd gen prizefail, 2nd gen from ALT CB, 2nd gen from CB Hybrid) people won't even open my trade because they aren't interested in commons, even if they may be interested in that particular lineage.

Yeah, based on the requests for searching for e.g "10G stairsteps" in this thread, it looks like not adding a "have" section was a bit of an oversight that will almost definitely be corrected.

16 hours ago, Genjar said:

I'm already running into the 'user who made the offer is egg locked, trade can't be completed'-problem.

This is more annoying than in regularly arranged trades, because with those you can at least contact the other user and tell them to sort it out.

There should be some kind of marker next to the offers that can't be currently accepted.

That's a good idea; I'll add it soon-ish (probably by disabling the Accept link)

15 hours ago, Naruhina_94 said:

I would like to add to my previous post that it would be nice to know if we previously tried to offer something in trade we're viewing.

I may not remember if I made an offer on a certain trade and got declined. Since I don't want to spam the same offer multiple times on the same trade it would be nice to leave a reminder: "you already offered xxxx in this trade and was declined"

This is actually doable now thanks to the changes that were put in place to support the history page. I'll think about it.