TJ09

Trading Hub Feedback

TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

Message added by TJ09

Hallowe'en is the last day of that month... But yes, that KIND of thing would work.

Temporarily removing search options for Holidays while out-of-season would also reduce the drop down size and let people sort faster, so thats a bonus.

at least starting 15 days after that season ends (7 days for eggs, 8 days for hatchlings (stun))

Edited by Ruby Eyes

7 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Hallowe'en is the last day of that month... But yes, that KIND of thing would work.

So do Halloweens for November. 

But we can breed them in the last week of October.... Probably we just need something like a week each side of the drop date

31 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

But we can breed them in the last week of October.... Probably we just need something like a week each side of the drop date

I think Ruby Eyes is right, it needs to me more time after the drop date. 15 days like they suggested seems the best option to me. Anyways regardless of exact duration, I think a fixed period before and after each holiday would be a good way to do it, I really don't think it would be any harder to do 1 week before drop and 2 weeks after than it would be to do a specific month from the 1st to the 28th/30th/31st.

I'm honestly really confused right now? I just read the past page or two of posts and saw people saying https links are automatically rejected, and that links aren't allowed at all....
But I've been posting trades with https links to my related spreadsheet for a while and not had any issues or had my trades removed for it.

Am I not supposed to be doing this? Can you guys please seriously put a list of the don'ts on the trading page or a link to the list or something.... I really am not interested in losing privileges for things that aren't even listed or alluded to on the pages they're relevant to. I rarely come on the forums let alone look here for rules to things specifically onsite, because I really shouldn't have to.

I like the Trading Hub the way it is and I am very grateful for it. I just wish there were pages to it since some players don't repost their trades when they fall off the page.

4 hours ago, StarSea said:

Can you guys please seriously put a list of the don'ts on the trading page or a link to the list or something.... I really am not interested in losing privileges for things that aren't even listed or alluded to on the pages they're relevant to. I rarely come on the forums let alone look here for rules to things specifically onsite, because I really shouldn't have to.

+1

Actually, +100 000. Seriously, guys.

Edited by Aalbiel

4 hours ago, StarSea said:

I'm honestly really confused right now? I just read the past page or two of posts and saw people saying https links are automatically rejected, and that links aren't allowed at all....
But I've been posting trades with https links to my related spreadsheet for a while and not had any issues or had my trades removed for it.

Am I not supposed to be doing this? Can you guys please seriously put a list of the don'ts on the trading page or a link to the list or something.... I really am not interested in losing privileges for things that aren't even listed or alluded to on the pages they're relevant to. I rarely come on the forums let alone look here for rules to things specifically onsite, because I really shouldn't have to.

That's not on-site. That's what the request was about: putting that information on site, because people shouldn't need to visit the forums to see rules for an on-site function.

I know - I was responding to the person who asked if it was against the rules and LadyLyzar had said that yes it is.

Were http/links really not allowed? That really needs to be on the main site itself.

It would be nice to give others pages with more info. I imagine that usually whats linked really helps people get across what they're looking for, so maybe allow people to list links on the tele page?

For example, you see a trade you like and it displays the 'Wants' description. When you click on the trade, more info is in the teleport page. Under the egg/hatching(s) the offer-er could list a small series of links to whatever they need. If the mod team is worried about having to verify all the links just set the site to auto accept certain sites/apps (e.g. google spreadsheets) and other resources thats popular with our userbase.

While I'm at it, I'd really think it would be nice if the trade display told us an egg/hatchling's gen automatically. It stops people from listing out the pedigrees in their description and stops me from having to click through and check.

They are now actually blocked.

Well, we probably can still insert something like "mate for code1, code2 or code3"...

I wish we could at least put a link to a DC group (being that it is on-site just like the trading system is), I was doing that because I have over 500 dragons that I'm trying to find mates for. Way too many to list in the Want box. I see people are finding ways of getting around the new No Links rule, I just wish we were allowed to link to pages within Dragcave itself.

Not ideal, but...can't you just put in the group's number? People who use them know how to make the rest of the link & paste your number at the end.

Want: Mates for group 51282 or Cheese.

They simply paste 51282 at the end of https://dragcave.net/group/

Anyhow, a massive YES to adding clear rules on "Wants" box acceptable behavior. On-site. I've seen some people use it to post a short note to help complete a trade, which seemed innocent enough, but it is not the intention of the "Wants" box. However, for such a small thing, it would be a shame to see their priveleges revoked, especially since there are no clear rules on what can and can not be placed in said box. That goes for many situations, including links, "haves"(I am guilty of this one), etc. It's all up-in-the-air what's allowed and what's not, and is frankly making me a bit paranoid about using it.

I think without clear rules being stated anyone who received a ban should have it reversed. If they don't have a forum account, and there's no messaging system on site, how will they ever know what they did was wrong? I assume e-mail but... heck... I play some sites where I haven't been on that e-mail for years.

"Enter a message to help others understand what types of offers you are looking for." How do links to dragons/groups not qualify as helping others understand what types of offers you are looking for? One could argue that even stuff like song lyrics could actually clarify something in the user's mind. I mean, without rules, "help," is entirely subjective.

I would support and do support reversing bans and putting rules up; let everyone start over because it's not fair to the userbase to ban users without giving clear expectations based on such an ambiguous word as "help."

I strongly agree that we need some sort of guidelines listed on the site itself. If I hadn't checked this thread, I would never have known that links to groups were considered "misuse," among several other things. "Misuse" is pretty obscure. I also agree that banning players who had no way of knowing they were in the wrong doesn't make sense. How can you ban a player for breaking a rule that was never clearly stated? To me, having no clear rules on-site seems like the Trading Hub's biggest issue. 

Food for thought: for the time being, can we at least have a list of rules pinned somewhere on the forum? Or posted in this thread? Right now, the rules that have been fleshed out are scattered over multiple threads.

Edited by The Dragoness

Sure but "cookies for a CB gold" is certainly not OK - can't be done. Starscream made it pretty clear - and nothing they said didn't fit with "want" is self explanatory.

Links I get - people could put all sorts of dud stuff up there, and while they would get reported, the damage could already be done.

52 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

I think without clear rules being stated anyone who received a ban should have it reversed. If they don't have a forum account, and there's no messaging system on site, how will they ever know what they did was wrong? I assume e-mail but... heck... I play some sites where I haven't been on that e-mail for years.

"Enter a message to help others understand what types of offers you are looking for." How do links to dragons/groups not qualify as helping others understand what types of offers you are looking for? One could argue that even stuff like song lyrics could actually clarify something in the user's mind. I mean, without rules, "help," is entirely subjective.

I would support and do support reversing bans and putting rules up; let everyone start over because it's not fair to the userbase to ban users without giving clear expectations based on such an ambiguous word as "help."

I really don't think there's a need to go that far. While I do understand that group links not being allowed is not intuitive, and maybe the rules need to be clearer in regards to that sort of thing, there is NO excuse for random song lyrics. There is no reason at all for those bans to be reversed, the lyrics to 'All Star' are in no way related to trading and I really don't think anyone could make a logical argument that they are. While I agree that, for other's sakes, there should be some sort of clarification on Want-box rules, reversing all bans, including bans for ridiculous things like song lyrics, is really not necessary. 

edit: I mean, even if someone makes the most *general* assumptions about what is and isn't allowed in that text box, song lyrics are simply not on that list. 

Enter a message to help others understand what types of offers you are looking for.

Warning: Misuse of this text may result in disciplinary action, such as loss of ability to create public trades.

There is absolutely no possible argument I can think of for why song lyrics to All Star would fall under 'helping others understand what offers you are looking for'. That's just ridiculous. Even if, for argument's sake, there *might* be a lineage out there with those lyrics, *just* putting those lyrics in that box is not appropriate. Saying something like 'lineage has lyrics to All Star' might be. 

Edited by HeatherMarie

I mean I understand not allowing off-site links for safety reasons, but I don't get why on-site links are forbidden as well.

1 hour ago, 13310 said:

Not ideal, but...can't you just put in the group's number? People who use them know how to make the rest of the link & paste your number at the end.

Want: Mates for group 51282 or Cheese.

They simply paste 51282 at the end of https://dragcave.net/group/

What I've seen is people are now posting without the https, for example "dragcave.net/group/(numbers)" but I don't know if we're allowed to do that. Or if we're allowed to say "mates for group 51282". Do we know for certain if we're even allowed to say "mate for (dragon code)"? To me these all have the same purpose - to direct interested traders towards certain dragons and say that I'm seeking a mate for them in exchange for what I put up for trade. So if one is not acceptable, why would the others be?

I don't exactly understand what is allowed and what isn't.

I just meant if you're going to unban some people, you might as well just give everyone the privilege back, make a clear list of rules, and start from there.

It would be a pain to have to go through everyone and individually give them their privileges back; instead, I think it would be easier and more time effective to just unban everyone. People who were just messing around with song lyrics won't do it again - and if they do, they won't be able to stay long. I'm just saying it's not exactly clear cut what is/isn't allowed right now and I think everyone should get to start over again if some people do. They technically all broke the same rule - it's unfair to only let some people who broke the rule come back.

I think there should be clear cut rules on the site. I don't believe everyone should be unbanned though. Those who posted legitimate site links or links relative to trading, yes. Those who requested  silly things or typed song lyrics, no. For those who truly don't understand why they lost privledges, they can contact TJ or a mod for help.

(Accidentally hid the other post)

Personally, I'd say that links to groups should be allowed - even if it's just a number.

Of course, it's the trader's responsibility to make these groups easy to understand. "Holiday dragons in need of mates" can get out of hand pretty quickly, with up to 100 unmated holidays on some scrolls. Maybe even more. (Seeing a list like that, I wouldn't even want to look trhough it.) Another thing would be a number of groups - "2nd gen holidays in need of mate". Add a couple of special dragons (frozen hatchlings? => could be re-used for several groups!!!) on top explaining a system via names. (2nd gens / looking for checker mates / breed of mate in dragon name) Which makes me really want to be able to describe groups of dragons...