TJ09

Trading Hub Feedback

Message added by TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

48 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

A teleport always shows the name of the scroll involved - and always shows up when a scroll is hidden. If you can't bear people to see your scroll name then you will always  be unable to trade. Them's the breaks. After all - as you say, there are people you don't want to trade with. There may be people who don't want to trade with you, and they need to be able to see who you are, just as you need to be able to see the people you don't want to trade with.

I don't thin this is needed. I doubt if there's anyone who can't remember the people they don't want to trade with -j ust ignore their offers.

Funny you're denying the necessity of the very feature that would do exactly the thing you described above, just without your wasting your time xD That logic<3

at least is not displayed on one-ways so I can still gift to people on ToO Discord (not that many of them play DC anymore).  Just pity such a huge update is completely useless for me. Quess my bf will have to trade for me, hope he won't get fed up someday.
I personally have no people I don't want to TRADE with, if they have a dragon I need, I won't be picky on whom I get it from. Which cannot be said about many other forum users who I KNOW would use the block feature if it was implemented, even if now they claim they don't need it.

Anyways, asked NOT to ping me:/ another thing that is defintiely too dificult to grasp the idea of.

Here's the results of my first trade attempt:

- one great offer that got cancelled before I saw it.

- one offer that I couldn't accept because the other user was egg locked.

- three offers where users tried to offer eggs when I was specifically asking for hatchlings (since I'm egg-locked and need room).

Oh boy, this is going to be pretty frustrating to use in the long run. People just can't read, it seems. Maybe we should be able to send a short note (max 80 chars?)  to the user when declining a trade; "I asked for hatchlings, those are not hatchlings."

Edited by Genjar

Is the filter limited by what is unlocked in the encyclopedia? Because I can't see dinos or chickens (or papers actually) on my list while others have them on thier list.

284716597_TradingHub-NoChickensorDinos.PNG.21ecc99550ec5205f7c9d53f3fb0d7fd.PNG

That is really inconvenient because the whole reason I want to trade for them is because I don't have them.

And with no pages or no way to filter by date, there isn't a real alternate way to check if any are available either.

I suggest making searching for the breeds by trade available regardless of status. Something that happens in between users shouldn't bel locked by encyclopedia status. (Unlike the market which is a pure game construct.)

It keeps potential interested parties away from trades.

(Now, if I got this completely wrong, please correct me, and tell me how to fix the issue.)

@ShokomonIt looks like that might actually be the case. I don't have Ochredrakes unlocked (according to the shop), and they aren't appearing on the list for me.

However, don't forget that you can unlock dragons in the encyclopedia by clicking on ones that other people have!

Edited by Rosastrasza

posted by Vixendra
Funny you're denying the necessity of the very feature that would do exactly the thing you described above, just without your wasting your time xD That logic<3 A

nyways, asked NOT to ping me:/ another thing that is defintiely too dificult to grasp the idea of.

Not difficult to grasp the idea; just a pain in the butt having to respond to you in a "special" way.

I still do not see this as needed, and I have no problem remembering who I don't want to trade with. There aren't many, after all.

5 minutes ago, Rosastrasza said:

@ShokomonIt looks like that might actually be the case. I don't have Ochredrakes unlocked (according to the shop), and they aren't appearing on the list for me.

However, don't forget that you can unlock dragons in the encyclopedia by clicking on ones that other people have!

It really shouldn't be the case though.

In fact, my problem is that for chickens, i have every picture unlocked except the egg.

You know what I've never clicked? A chicken egg.

Or I would have one.

So, either I've got to unlock everything to get access to trade for something I don't have. (Which can't be true because I have things I have seen but not fully unlocked on the list) or I have to have clicked an egg Ive never seen in cave in order to ask for a trade.

Do you see my problem?

I shouldn't have to unlock my encyclopedia to find a trade. 

Might as well go back to the forums for a trade.

I don't know, I assumed that if you didn't find trades for X it was because no players were offering X?

Yes please to following trades from chosen scrolls. If there was a homepage like the one @Naruhina_94 suggested it would be the perfect place to put notifications of ongoing trades of Scrolls you have chosen to 'Follow'. 

And yes please to pagination.

Naw, you just get a screen that says that there are no results if no one is offering it.

54 minutes ago, Genjar said:

Here's the results of my first trade attempt:

- one great offer that got cancelled before I saw it.

- one offer that I couldn't accept because the other user was egg locked.

- three offers where users tried to offer eggs when I was specifically asking for hatchlings (since I'm egg-locked and need room).

Oh boy, this is going to be pretty frustrating to use in the long run. People just can't read, it seems. Maybe we should be able to send a short note (max 80 chars?)  to the user when declining a trade; "I asked for hatchlings, those are not hatchlings."

The same applies to all trading. People DON'T read. And don't think about locking and all that.

12 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

It really shouldn't be the case though.

In fact, my problem is that for chickens, i have every picture unlocked except the egg.

You know what I've never clicked? A chicken egg.

Or I would have one.

So, either I've got to unlock everything to get access to trade for something I don't have. (Which can't be true because I have things I have seen but not fully unlocked on the list) or I have to have clicked an egg Ive never seen in cave in order to ask for a trade.

Do you see my problem?

Not entirely - you can click one in a hatchery or on someone else's scroll. I have the same "issue" with blue dinos, not that I want to buy one.

3 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Not entirely - you can click one in a hatchery or on someone else's scroll. I have the same "issue" with blue dinos, not that I want to buy one.

Still, I shouldn't have to do that to find a trade. I shouldn't have to scroll through hatcheries or the forum or someone else's scroll hoping they have a chicken or dino egg, so I can get access to searching for a trade, so I can get a chicken egg or dino egg.

I know what I want, and there is a user out there probably offering the egg that I want, but we can't even interact because "Oh your encylopedia isn't unlocked :).

Because right now, the only option to search through trades is to filter by breed or "wants."

It wouldn't be as much of an issue if you could search by date or time or page.

But we don't have any of those things. So, I can't use the in-game trading forum. 

On another note, please add pages and the ability to filter by time or date. 

Because that would make my current issue a lot less of a problem. 

I'll echo the plea for pages!! Filtering is fine if you *know* what you are looking for, but a lot of people who are interested in trading don't, they just like to look and see if anything catches their eye. Not being able to sift through the available trades makes the whole thing rather worthless if you aren't after something specific. I guess I could filter by every single individual breed one at a time to see if something looks interesting, but what a major pain that would be!

Gonna add another hand for pages. When I'm not anticipating a release, I keep a slot or two dedicated to trading around from time to time. Not so easy when I can only see the most recent page of trades.

7 hours ago, Darkstorm34 said:

So... I stunned a 2nd gen tinsel, offered it on a trade...

152CB6C1-4225-4428-AF0F-D4E0DE354CCE.jpeg.a065a2e0f9f8161555600d4b686a567c.jpeg

This happened?

It was at 4d 7h when I stunned it.

Here’s the link to it, let me know if I should post this somewhere else? I only posted it here because it was offered through the trading hub.

ETA: I tried to cancel the trade, it failed, I tried to cancel it again, and it failed again. Yikes. ^^;

I am having this same problem... 

4 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I'll echo the plea for pages!! Filtering is fine if you *know* what you are looking for, but a lot of people who are interested in trading don't, they just like to look and see if anything catches their eye. Not being able to sift through the available trades makes the whole thing rather worthless if you aren't after something specific. I guess I could filter by every single individual breed one at a time to see if something looks interesting, but what a major pain that would be!

Yes, this is very true. I like to browse trades just to see what is available and catches my eye. I am often not really looking for a specific breed, or I am looking for multiple breeds. Pages would make  it easier to see what is out there.

I just want to double check... if I make a one-way transfer it will not be public, correct? Only the public “Two Way” will ever be public unless I share the transfer links? I want to make sure as I would rather not have transfers sniped if that was how it worked... Thanks.

44 minutes ago, Whirlaway said:

I just want to double check... if I make a one-way transfer it will not be public, correct? Only the public “Two Way” will ever be public unless I share the transfer links? I want to make sure as I would rather not have transfers sniped if that was how it worked... Thanks.

The only new option on the teleport page is the public two-way option. The others have not changed, so there is no reason to think that they would behave differently than they always have. 

Mm, okay, thanks. Just wanted to makes sure!

8 hours ago, Darkstorm34 said:

So... I stunned a 2nd gen tinsel, offered it on a trade...

152CB6C1-4225-4428-AF0F-D4E0DE354CCE.jpeg.a065a2e0f9f8161555600d4b686a567c.jpeg

This happened?

It was at 4d 7h when I stunned it.

Here’s the link to it, let me know if I should post this somewhere else? I only posted it here because it was offered through the trading hub.

ETA: I tried to cancel the trade, it failed, I tried to cancel it again, and it failed again. Yikes. ^^;

This just happened to me, although it was when I offered the wrong egg on a trade link.  I cancelled it and got that message.  It still shows up as a trade offer in the market.

offered a new release egg a few hours back, I guess I will NOT get offers on that one anymore, since new releases can't be filtered out and since there's no way to browse through older offers. I don't have THAT many Magis to cancel every few hours just to have my offer viewable for a few more minutes again before it vanishes and cannot be reached again... now think what would happen if everyone did that. 

Let people load more offers than 20 latest ASAP... the device I use for DC could easly load 500 and more results, would be more convenient than clicking thorugh pages every 20. Let us set how many per page we want to see, like the scroll can. And ofc add the pagination too, just let me have my pages load way more than 20 too, and others to choose 20 if that's how many their devices can handle or they want to see per page. 
For now rising the number to 100 would multiply results by 5. And that's a start. Just do anything to make this usable...

Edited by MhKhu

1 minute ago, MhKhu said:

offered a new release egg a few hours back, I guess I will NOT get offers on that one anymore, since new releases can't be filtered out and since there's no way to browse through older offers. I don't have THAT many Magis to cancel every few hours just to have my offer viewable for a few more minutes again before it vanishes and cannot be reached again... now think what would happen if everyone did that. 

Let people load more offers than 20 latest ASAP... the device I use for DC could easly load 500 and more results, would be more convenient than clicking thorugh pages every 20. Let us set how many per page we want to see, like the scroll can. And ofc add the pagination too, just let me have my pages load way more than 20 too, and others to choose 20 if that's how many their devices can handle or they want to see per page. 
For now rising the number to 100 would multiply results by 5. And that's a start.

You can reuse the same Magi over and over again until they actually successfully Teleport an egg/hatchling.

1 minute ago, Whirlaway said:

You can reuse the same Magi over and over again until they actually successfully Teleport an egg/hatchling.

Weird, I beleive it never worked like this before, if you cancelled, it was gone t0ogether with the coodown on the Magi.

Besides, it's NOT a sollution to the problem of offers not being viewable. If 19 more people do this, it'll be all a mess

Edited by MhKhu

Just now, MhKhu said:

Weird, I beleive it never worked like this before, if you cancelled, it was gone t0ogether with the coodown on the Magi.

Besides, it's NOT a sollution to the problem of offers not being viewable.

It has always been that way as long as YOU cancelled. But I agree - i want to be able to see ALL the stuff on offer by using pagination.