TJ09

Trading Hub Feedback

Message added by TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

A small suggestion: a link back to the teleport trade page after declining an offer. It gets repetitive very quickly having to press the back button and refresh the page, especially if the trade has lots of offers.

1 hour ago, Jazeki said:

Is there a way to stop people from being allowed to offer on trades if they are  scroll locked? For the past few days, I've ended up just cancelling my trades or giving away eggs because every single person that offered had too may growing things. Perhaps a warning before they offer or just have the offer button disabled?

Please no. First, it doesn't even really make sense, because you can be scroll-locked but still successfully trade, since you are trading away at least one of your dragons. As long as you aren't offering less then what the trade has, it works. Second, things can hatch and grow up in-between the time someone offers and someone accepts, it doesn't make sense to me to block someone from offering if they are only going to be locked for 10 more minutes.

3 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Please no. First, it doesn't even really make sense, because you can be scroll-locked but still successfully trade, since you are trading away at least one of your dragons. As long as you aren't offering less then what the trade has, it works. Second, things can hatch and grow up in-between the time someone offers and someone accepts, it doesn't make sense to me to block someone from offering if they are only going to be locked for 10 more minutes.

I'm not saying that they are banned forever from trading--just something that gives them some indication beforehand (perhaps like @skauble suggested with a color warning). I usually ask for one hatchling. I've had people offer up to four hatchlings on a trade and still be locked on their end because their scroll was full of eggs at 6 days however many hours. I do let trades sit to give people the benefit of the doubt, but it gets frustrating to be unable to accept multiple offers because none of them have space. 

Plus if they're locked for ten more minutes, they can wait. A simple "You cannot offer at this time because you are at your scroll/egg limit" would do just fine. 

Edited by Jazeki

I wouldn't mind some sort of indication/warning when you go to offer on a trade, but it should *not* actually block you from offering simply because you are locked. Like I said, trades can still go through when you are locked. Maybe when you go to make an offer it can say something like 'you are egg-locked, will you be able to complete this trade?' or whatever... It's a great idea to make people aware of the locking issue, but it's completely unnecessary to actually block them from offering.

I agree. You can be locked and complete a trade - 8 eggs/16 hatchies would give me a locked warning- but that doesn't stop me completing a 2 egg for 2 egg trade; this suggestion would block me from offering, as it stands. This issue has always been there in trading - on forum as well. It's surely not SO hard to find a trade you can accept rather than gift ?

or people need to learn to offer equal amounts for what they're trying to get.  If I put one egg up don't offer me 3.  Yes that is a really nice offer but I don't have the extra slots for it.  If I've got 2 eggs and you only offer one, then you need to have an empty space.   It's not rocket science.  😕    I much prefer 1:1 trading. 

After offering, the teleport page could just display a warning (with one of those fancy exclamation marks) that either you or the other person would be put beyond their limits.

That way, offers could still be made, mistakes/miscounts would be pointed out, and those willing to wait for stuff to hatch or grow up could still do so.

There will always be people who don't read - cannot avoid that. But there is no need to make stuff harder for the other people.

I'm not saying it's hard or not hard  nor do I hypothetically want to address all the ways that someone could unlock via trade. I'm saying it's a problem that needs to be addressed in some way because I've experienced it (and I'm sure others have as well based on the number of "don't be locked" comments) in greater frequency with the new trading hub. 

Maybe the trading should be set for 1:1 only then ?

1 minute ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Maybe the trading should be set for 1:1 only then ?

So basically you would limit trading just to avoid offers by a few comprehension-challenged wannabe-traders?

No - I don't see this as that great an issue :lol:  - or to put it another way I can live with how it is now ! But if it bothers people so much, that's the only sure-fire solution.

I don't think 1:1 trading is the solution here. Quite a few people offer several CB semi-rares or rares of the 2nd/3rd tier (Xenos, Zyus...) in order to trade for one CB silver. Of course, there are other examples where 1:1 isn't exactly feasible, too.

I know it wouldn't make people happy. But if people are trying to  find an "automatic" way to prevent offers being made where one partner is locked - it's the only CERTAIN way to prevent that. Blocking such offers doesn't solve it - as has been pointed out. And I know I have on occasion been made an offer too good to refuse and have been too locked  to take it - and have dropped something to be able to accept. That needs to remain possible.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I would love a notification if a trade wasn't possible due to egg/scroll lock on my end! 

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I know it wouldn't make people happy. But if people are trying to  find an "automatic" way to prevent offers being made where one partner is locked - it's the only CERTAIN way to prevent that. Blocking such offers doesn't solve it - as has been pointed out. And I know I have on occasion been made an offer too good to refuse and have been too locked  to take it - and have dropped something to be able to accept. That needs to remain possible.

Yes. (Once again) I agree with everything Fuzz has said.

Uneven offers *need* to be possible, and it *needs* to be possible to offer on a trade while you are 'locked'. Yes, it would be wonderful if people would actually *read* and be aware of their limits, but it's really not a fair solution to block people from trading and limit trades in such an extreme way simply because some people don't. There are sooooooo many scenarios that would be completely impossible if those kinds of suggestions happened.... Like I've mentioned multiple times, being locked does *not* make it impossible to trade, but with a locked-blocking suggestion it *would* be impossible to trade, which is very unfair honestly. And Fuzz makes a very good point that sometimes offers are made that go beyond your limits but maybe they are *worth* dropping something for. I'd hate to never have that possibility just because some people don't take limits into consideration.

I completely understand that it's frustrating to get an offer you can't accept, either because it goes over your limits or theirs, but a sweeping block like that is *not* the answer.

edit: The answer *may* be to allow a note to be sent when you decline an offer.... That way you can explain why you declined and maybe suggest they re-offer when they are unlocked (or offer less if it goes over your limits). A simple 'can't accept because you don't have enough room, feel free to reoffer' or something could at least make people aware of what they are doing, which would possibly eventually cut down on those offers in general because once it's pointed out to them they may be more aware of it.

Edited by HeatherMarie

Yes - maybe an extra option when you decline.

Accept

Decline

Decline due to scroll limits.

OR make it possible to accept PART of an offer. That has been asked for many times.

I think it boils down to notifying the other party that they are locked. Even if I wanted to accept only one part of a multi-offer, it wouldn't solve the problem of them having a scroll full of eggs on their end.

A third decline option would work because I don't want to end up looking picky if I have to decline a ton of offers because people have no idea they don't have enough room.

I'd really like to see if highlighting the numbers on the trade page would work before we put limits on offers. Players generally understand the scroll limitations and things like accidentally abandoning a bred egg usually involve not going and checking the egg limits as opposed to not knowing how they work. I mentioned it earlier, but I really do think that something like this on the trade page would cover it for most people -

You currently have:

2/8 eggs

7/24 total

You currently have:

5/8 eggs

16/24 total

You currently have:

7/8 eggs

22/24 total

IME, most  trades that are stopped by egglock/scrolllock are just due to miscounting, so having the limits right there would get most people either to not offer or to clear out some space. If that brings the problem down to just a nuisance every once in a while, I think it would be preferable to things like 1-1 trading.

I doubt this would help much, as there are still countless scenarios where things could go wrong.

• Players don't always read everything (like limits) before offering.
  • A player might wait for another transfer to go through/and egg to hatch/a hatchling to grow up/an egg to be abandonable while already offering on something that wouldn't work due to their limits.
  • Someone might offer first and hunt while waiting.
  • and so on

Personally, I'd rather see a notification like "Player X tried to accept your offer on XXX (teleport), but couldn't do so due to your scroll being too full." Or something like that, just worded more eloquently. This would have two effects: First of all, people would know why their offer didn't get accepted, so no hard feelings. (It's their own fault, after all.) Second, they might still catch the offer in time by dropping something from their scroll - if they catch the message in time. Third, they might be so mad at themselves for not checking that they'll make it a habit to check first and offer later. Which would be a good step towards solving this particular problem.

I hope I'm making some sense...

1 hour ago, Jazeki said:

I think it boils down to notifying the other party that they are locked. Even if I wanted to accept only one part of a multi-offer, it wouldn't solve the problem of them having a scroll full of eggs on their end.

A third decline option would work because I don't want to end up looking picky if I have to decline a ton of offers because people have no idea they don't have enough room.

If it says due to scroll limits, one hopes it would occur to them that it means THEIR scroll....

But OK: Offer was declined because you are locked.

I have noticed that people are bumping up trades as often as every 15 minutes.  Either they get an offer they don't want, so they cancel trade and do a new one to go to top, or they just do it over and over to keep it on top.  I don't know if that needs to be moderated, or people blocked from putting same item up more than twice a day

"Your offer couldn't be accepted because you are already overburdened and cannot take care of that many eggs/hatchlings."

Making this trade will get you over the number of eggs/hatchlings that you may have. See this help page for more information.

And, yes, I think it's a good idea to put up a limit on how many times you can put up a public teleport with the same content. Either that, or order the public teleports by age of the oldest egg/hatchling, since those are the dire cases that need to be taken up the soonest. The latter should solve the problem quite neatly.

Edited by olympe

I agree that there should be some sort of limit on canceling/remaking teleports, IF it continues to be an issue.... But from what I've read most people are doing that to keep their teleport visible because the trading hub currently doesn't offer pagination. I honestly think there would be a lot less of that behavior if/when we have the ability to actually look through all trades, rather then being limited to the most recent. Then people wouldn't constantly *need* to remake their trade in order to make sure it gets seen.

14 minutes ago, olympe said:

Personally, I'd rather see a notification like "Player X tried to accept your offer on XXX (teleport), but couldn't do so due to your scroll being too full." Or something like that, just worded more eloquently. This would have two effects: First of all, people would know why their offer didn't get accepted, so no hard feelings. (It's their own fault, after all.) Second, they might still catch the offer in time by dropping something from their scroll - if they catch the message in time. Third, they might be so mad at themselves for not checking that they'll make it a habit to check first and offer later. Which would be a good step towards solving this particular problem.

I hope I'm making some sense...

I agree with the notifying a player if a trade fails because of egglock/scroll lock. I'd also support other more detailed notification like canceled and declined being separate. 

I also agree that there are a lot of scenarios where people can offer while egglocked or become egglocked after offering. But I think the simplest place to start with this is to assume that someone offering on a trade genuinely wants that trade to be completed.  In that situation, prominently placed, noticeable scroll limit information would prompt most people to clear space and then refrain from hunting breeding.  That may not work every time, but I think it would greatly reduce the problem because people will want their offer to work out.

I guess this is just a problem that I'd like to see tackled by giving the player a clear indication of their situation on the trade offer page before we move to large scale retooling of the system or limitations on offers. A system that is geared to completely eliminate scroll lock offers would also need to automatically cancel trades if scroll lock occurs after an offer and that seems like it might be frustrating and confusing on all sides. There have been some things that I've put up for trade and someone who offered was egglocked and it was worth it to me to check back later. Since I had the option to decline or to accept other offers instead their being scrolllocked didn't cost me other offers.

But I do think a notification that someone tried to complete a trade and couldn't because you are scoll locked would be very helpful.

I find myself constantly remaking my teleports because I notice errors in what I wrote, or need to clarify (somehow, in the tiny space) what I'm hoping to trade for! @TJ09, that box is so tiny! I know the point is to keep it short and sweet, but if I'm looking for a variety of possibilities or lineages, I don't have the space to list them.