TJ09

Trading Hub Feedback

Message added by TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

On 5/21/2018 at 7:57 PM, Starscream said:

I think an ability to block a user from offering on a trade, after they have been declined three times, would be useful. (either trade only and or, at all). (The trade would not show up for htem after it was toggled.

Something like this would be invaluable. Definitely agree with it on being an option given to you instead of it happening automatically. The only instance in which I think that should result in banning them from all trading and not just a specific trade is when a user has a particularly high rate of getting blocked (don't really have a suggestion on what that would be since there's not much data on such a new system). Even then that should just be temporary thing, and not something permanent. I've no doubt that with trades now being on a hub on-site that this may unfortunately become more of an issue. Not a huge one, mind you, but it's still an annoyance that is better off having something in place in beforehand to help it not become more than a very uncommon nuisance. I do also agree with others who have suggested letting you know on any trades you've offered on if you've had previous offers already declined.

I'm sure this has been suggested, but how about multiple pages we can scroll though?

I had a friend look for my trade, and she couldn't see it-maybe there is another way other that the search feature, but if I have to keep canceling my trade to bump it up so it can be seen, is going to get old fast. I feel most players just look on the page to see what is there, and might not use the search feature.

It has indeed been suggested and TJ said he can see the point and will look into it.

59 minutes ago, Commander Wymsy said:

Something like this would be invaluable. Definitely agree with it on being an option given to you instead of it happening automatically. The only instance in which I think that should result in banning them from all trading and not just a specific trade is when a user has a particularly high rate of getting blocked (don't really have a suggestion on what that would be since there's not much data on such a new system). Even then that should just be temporary thing, and not something permanent. I've no doubt that with trades now being on a hub on-site that this may unfortunately become more of an issue. Not a huge one, mind you, but it's still an annoyance that is better off having something in place in beforehand to help it not become more than a very uncommon nuisance. I do also agree with others who have suggested letting you know on any trades you've offered on if you've had previous offers already declined.

This is.... I'm confused. Are you saying you think a users should be *banned from trading* if multiple people block them? That's horrible. Honestly I don't really get the huge need to have a block feature in the first place since you can simply decline offers you don't like, but affecting someone's ability to use the Trading Hub just because a few people don't like their offers and decide to block them instead of just declining? I mean, 'blocking' because of actual harassment is one thing, but not just because you don't like what they are offering! 

13 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

This is.... I'm confused. Are you saying you think a users should be *banned from trading* if multiple people block them? That's horrible. Honestly I don't really get the huge need to have a block feature in the first place since you can simply decline offers you don't like, but affecting someone's ability to use the Trading Hub just because a few people don't like their offers and decide to block them instead of just declining? I mean, 'blocking' because of actual harassment is one thing, but not just because you don't like what they are offering! 

The idea is as a form of punishment who are being genuine nuisances through trading, the most prominent example being continuously putting up the same thing for trade even though it's already been declined multiple times. If someone is doing this on a large scale, I think it is something that should be looked into just as you would with inappropriate messages within the "Wants" box on a trade. This would absolutely not effect somebody whose offer was simply declined, but someone who is continually being a nuisance to multiple people who are just trying to trade their stuff. You also wouldn't even have the option to block someone from a specific trade of yours until you've declined an offer of theirs multiple times in the first place (Starscream suggested three declines initially).

Edited by Commander Wymsy

1 minute ago, Commander Wymsy said:

The idea is as a form of punishment who are being genuine nuisances through trading, the most prominent example being continuously putting up the same thing for trade even though it's already been declined multiple times. If someone is doing this on a large scale, I think it is something that should be looked into just as you would with inappropriate messages within the "Wants" box on a trade. This would absolutely not effect somebody whose offer was simply declined, but someone who is continually being a nuisance to multiple people who are just trying to trade their stuff.

But offering the same thing multiple times is not against the rules. If the site is going to start policing that sort of thing there needs to be an actual rule against it somewhere on the site. (Actually, I think with these new features the help/terms needs to be updated anyways.)

Just now, HeatherMarie said:

But offering the same thing multiple times is not against the rules. If the site is going to start policing that sort of thing there needs to be an actual rule against it somewhere on the site. (Actually, I think with these new features the help/terms needs to be updated anyways.)

Just because it might not be against the rules now doesn't mean it isn't something that shouldn't be considered now that we have a proper trading hub and notifications to go along with it. It's very common for new rules to form a bit after a site has introduced a large update such as this, because users might do things you didn't consider while developing whatever said feature is.

4 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I wouldn't have them banned from trading. Although a report generated if it becomes a nuisance - although I have no idea of how a mod, such as myself, would deal with the issue.  I can only think of blocking a user on a specific trade if they continue to offer on it (with the same thing) which in my case happened 4 or 5 times -  the same items being offered each time. An option to block them from offering on that specific trade would be useful. It becomes a level of harassment when it is repeated relentlessly. Essentially I have said no (through my decline) which should indicate that this is not going to change 3 minutes later.  It should be an option for a user to be able block a user if they continue to offer relentlessly.

I know i repeated myself.

Edited by Starscream

6 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

We don't have an active teleports page so it's gone.

Yes we do, only it's called trading hub now.

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Yes we do, only it's called trading hub now.

Well from that POV, you can just click your trading link, then :)

12 hours ago, Starscream said:

I wouldn't have them banned from trading. Although a report generated if it becomes a nuisance - although I have no idea of how a mod, such as myself, would deal with the issue.  I can only think of blocking a user on a specific trade if they continue to offer on it (with the same thing) which in my case happened 4 or 5 times -  the same items being offered each time. An option to block them from offering on that specific trade would be useful. It becomes a level of harassment when it is repeated relentlessly. Essentially I have said no (through my decline) which should indicate that this is not going to change 3 minutes later.  It should be an option for a user to be able block a user if they continue to offer relentlessly.

I know i repeated myself.

I don't know that banning is necessary,  That seems extreme.  But then I'm also petty enough that in the case I'd declined the same offer from the same person twice already, I'd likely just leave the offer there and tie up their trading too while waiting for something I did want.  :rolleyes:

55 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

I don't know that banning is necessary,  That seems extreme.  But then I'm also petty enough that in the case I'd declined the same offer from the same person twice already, I'd likely just leave the offer there and tie up their trading too while waiting for something I did want.  :rolleyes:

Yeah, I've been doing that too. I eventually took the trade down... (There were other reasons)

19 hours ago, Commander Wymsy said:

Absolutely not. Sorry, I'm sure this idea stemmed from a good purpose, but I can see this easily turning into a form of harassment. Why take the time to viewbomb someone's eggs when you can have all of your friends/fake scrolls block them and have them banned from the Trading Hub? I don't think players should have any role in punishment, and especially not for such a subjective thing. Blocking might not always happen because X player won't stop offering on a trade. Someone could just not like them/what they have to offer. 

I hesitantly support a blocking system, but I still think declining is just as good. Yes, it's annoying when people continue to offer something you clearly didn't ask for after being declined (speaking from experience here), but it doesn't really hinder anyone's ability to trade. The offer just sits there. As long as the blocking system can't be abused, I'm not against it.

It would be nice if the dropdown filter only populated based on the breads that were available options instead of listing every breed.

If someone keeps offering the same eggs over and over why not just leave the offer there and ignore it? I mean if they want to have their eggs tied up and be unable to do anything with them until you finish with your trade surely that's karma right there?

1 hour ago, The Dragoness said:

Absolutely not. Sorry, I'm sure this idea stemmed from a good purpose, but I can see this easily turning into a form of harassment. Why take the time to viewbomb someone's eggs when you can have all of your friends/fake scrolls block them and have them banned from the Trading Hub? I don't think players should have any role in punishment, and especially not for such a subjective thing. Blocking might not always happen because X player won't stop offering on a trade. Someone could just not like them/what they have to offer. 

Very very much the bolded bit. I can recall a few times when peeved players bombed harmless people who declined their trades;  also one ghastly occasion where two players posted all over the forum that another (innocent) player was scamming (when actually they were) and caused mayhem. We have mods for these things. Report to them and go on from there.

34 minutes ago, Wiz said:

If someone keeps offering the same eggs over and over why not just leave the offer there and ignore it? I mean if they want to have their eggs tied up and be unable to do anything with them until you finish with your trade surely that's karma right there?

Exactly. It can tie them up for days.... 💀 isn't that revenge enough ?

On 5/21/2018 at 9:27 AM, Rosastrasza said:

I've noticed that only the most recent trades added show up. Perhaps have some way to go through several pages worth of trades or even rotate the trades that show up, so people don't have to look at the same few trades. I feel like some people might just spam their trades to keep them at the top while other, older trades get forgotten pretty quick. Being able to search is nice, but sometimes I don't know what I'm looking for and would just prefer to browse all available options.

This, so very much. If I was trying to trade for a 2nd gen prize of any kind, there are (probably) countless things I cannot offer - and only a very select few where I could. So, being able to browse all trades, either filtered or unfiltered, would be an immense help. (This is just an example. I'm not trying for that, actually.)

Otherwise, three people alone could block all trades for a certain breed by simply adding 7 teleports offering said breed for who knows how long. (With some bots, all they'd need to do is take the trades down and repost them in an endless loop unless there's an offer, in which case their bot could maybe alert them to it?) Right now, there's too much potential for abuse, so we definitely need to be able to browse all trades. Not just the top 20 of each type.

@olympe I'm pretty sure TJ has said pages are coming.

Edit: Here is the comment I'm thinking of.

Edited by purplehaze

2 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

I hesitantly support a blocking system, but I still think declining is just as good. Yes, it's annoying when people continue to offer something you clearly didn't ask for after being declined (speaking from experience here), but it doesn't really hinder anyone's ability to trade. The offer just sits there. As long as the blocking system can't be abused, I'm not against it.

You're not quite understanding the suggestion here. The suggestion, that Starscream initially gave, is that once somebody's offer on one specific trade has been declined 3 times, that the creator of the trade now has the option to block that particular user from making further offers on that specific trade. Nobody else would be able to freely block that person from their trades. You can't use your friends or multiple scrolls to abuse that, as there is a criteria to be met for somebody to get blocked from a specific trade in the first place. If the person A blocks person B from a specific trade because of this, person B would still be able to make offers on a different trade that person A has. The scope of the blocking is within one trade. It's not like how you can freely block somebody from PMing you here on the forums. Yes, I could just ignore their offer (just like how I could ignore a PM on an unwanted subject) but it's still annoying to have the notification and to have clutter as the result of somebody else electing to be a nuisance.

To end up (temporarily) banned from the Trading Hub under my addition to the initial suggestion would mean that a user has done this and then been blocked by multiple different people. Because of the criteria to be met, you seriously cannot use this to target somebody. It shouldn't be an automatic thing either, but a flag so that it can then be investigated by staff.

23 hours ago, Commander Wymsy said:

Something to let me know if I have already offered on a trade would be extremely useful. That way I have an extra way to ensure I am NOT offering multiple times on the same trade if my offer has already been declined. I would also support your suggestion that I can block someone from offering to me again if I have already declined that offer ... and that IF a person HAS been making a pest of themselves by either using abusive language in the communication part of their trades OR offering multiple times on the same trade and done so repeatedly (multiple and excessive blockage!)  that they can be flagged for investigation and possible consequences (such as temporary banning from the trade  hub) from staff.

I don't see myself NEEDING to use it, but the safety measure would be USEFUL... and the possibility by itself might discourage bad behavior in some cases if not all.

All of this providing that any and all actual PUNISHMENTS come from the mods after any reports have been investigated.

Edited by JavaTigress

Maybe it could simply work like the AP. You can't pickup the same egg (until someone else has, anyway) - you can't offer twice on the same trade. (or you can't offer the same thing twice on the same trade.) Automated thing. End of problem.

33 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Maybe it could simply work like the AP. You can't pickup the same egg (until someone else has, anyway) - you can't offer twice on the same trade. (or you can't offer the same thing twice on the same trade.) Automated thing. End of problem.

Bad. I often offer 1 thing and later find something else to add, so I have to cancel and re-offer. Same thing if I want to influence something in a trade just in case the trader takes too much time.

Your automated thing would probably prevent me from ever attempting to trade again.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

If it were set not to allow the identical offer ? would that work for you ? It is annoying (I've had this in threads) where the same person determinedly offers the same thing over and over after I've declined. (I can see the influence thing might be an issue - but influence wears off in a teleport anyway. So influence before you offer ?)

@purplehaze: In my defence I must say that I didn't read more than the first and last page thus far. *shrugs* Call me lazy if you must.

Regarding blocking: Personally, I don't think it's needed. If someone insist on spamming the same offer on your trade time and again, just ignore them and leave their 2nd offer up (instead of declining). As someone else said, tying up their eggs/hatchlings for a trade that's not going to happen is just the right amount of punishment IMHO. And it's still less hassle than declining thrice and blocking afterwards. I doubt that it's practical to have the site remember all offers (of the last week or two?) in order to automatically block identical offers from happening. If blocking has to happen *and* it's only a private block for a single teleport, I don't think there are any restrictions needed, as it doesn't affect the blocked person in any other kind of way (save for them not being able to see that particular trade). As a matter of fact, in a case where blocks only apply to the person who clicked the button, I'm even in favor of blacklisting. Because, well, there are just some people who we might not want to trade with at all.

32 minutes ago, olympe said:

@purplehaze: In my defence I must say that I didn't read more than the first and last page thus far. *shrugs* Call me lazy if you must.

Regarding blocking: Personally, I don't think it's needed. If someone insist on spamming the same offer on your trade time and again, just ignore them and leave their 2nd offer up (instead of declining). As someone else said, tying up their eggs/hatchlings for a trade that's not going to happen is just the right amount of punishment IMHO. And it's still less hassle than declining thrice and blocking afterwards. I doubt that it's practical to have the site remember all offers (of the last week or two?) in order to automatically block identical offers from happening. If blocking has to happen *and* it's only a private block for a single teleport, I don't think there are any restrictions needed, as it doesn't affect the blocked person in any other kind of way (save for them not being able to see that particular trade). As a matter of fact, in a case where blocks only apply to the person who clicked the button, I'm even in favor of blacklisting. Because, well, there are just some people who we might not want to trade with at all.

This is basically how I feel about a block feature for trades, it just seems way too complicated to justify something that's kind of a non-issue to begin with (in my opinion)... just ignore the offers coming from the players spamming your trade, the worst that'll happen is that it'll make your trade page look a little more cluttered.

On a more general note, I've been loving the trading hub overall! I do have a couple of suggestions though...

- First of all, I feel like a dedicated free-form "Have" section would be a nice addition to help players properly advertise what they have up for trade. Currently most players, myself included, just use the provided "Want" section for this as well, however that seems a little silly given how easy (I'm assuming) it would be to make this change. I also wouldn't mind a slight increase in the allowed number of characters in the "Want" section.

- Building off of my previous suggestion, I'd also like to see a search bar where players can look for trades with certain keywords in their "Have" section (such as "Prize kin" for example). Filters for things such as the type of lineage or the generation of something up for trade would also be great, although if I recall correctly TJ was unsure about including these seeing as they officially validate certain lineage types over others. Despite that concern I still feel filters would be a really useful feature for the trading hub.

- Lastly, I believe others have already mentioned this but being able to see more recent trades (perhaps in separate pages) would definitely be a plus! Sometimes it's nice to just browse through trades to see if anything catches your eye.

Like I said before, I'm really happy with the trading hub all things considered... I'd just mostly like more ways to differentiate your trades easily and to find the trades you're looking for. :)