TJ09

Trading Hub Feedback

Message added by TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

15 hours ago, TJ09 said:

The same criteria for name unlocking should apply generally across anywhere encyclopedia names are used. If that's not the case (i.e. market names, trading hub search form and view pages for eggs don't all agree), then that's a bug which should be reported in Help.

Pagination has already been addressed and is happening. Bringing it up in an exasperated "we still don't have this" fashion isn't doing to change much.

I was unaware that the critera was the same for both areas. Thank you for alerting me.

I apologize for being pushy about this. I had not seen any acknowledgement about the criteria issue, so I wanted to make sure it was seen. I had mentioned the pages and the date filter as an alternate method of correcting the issue.

I apologize again.

Edit:

10 hours ago, TJ09 said:
  6 hours ago, TJ09 said:

You're the first person to tell me they pay attention to which dragons they use for teleport.

You should be able to see the list via the dragon filters, though: https://dragcave.net/dragons/1,4,12

8 hours ago, Ruby Eyessaid:
  4 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Okay, I'm the second one now to tell you I do :lol:(Don't look for logic here, please.)

I'm the third. And I have logic.I like them all to feel valued, so I (try to) use them in strict rotation XD 

A filter for time left would be nice - or a sort by time left. I can wait - I know there are actual bugs need sporting, but I thought I'd mention it.

And I will be the fourth.

(There. Fused.)

Edited by Shokomon

@HeatherMarie @Fuzzbucket @Ruby Eyes

@Shokomon Perhaps you guys could make a group solely for magis to keep track of them in lieu of the old magi list? I did that with each of my BSA breeds to easily check how many I had left of each, since you can filter those by available BSA separately.

Edited by Shadowdrake

2 hours ago, StormWizard212 said:

This sounds like an error. My cancelled trades haven't disappeared from my trading history. This might be similar to some of the notifications disappearing when they weren't meant to. Could you please post about this in the help forum so TJ can look into it? :)

Oh, I think the disappearing may actually have already been checked by TJ (though pertaining to successful trades, not unsuccessful like mine).

The other question I have, the one with different "cancelled" messages depending on the cancellee, is more of an enhancement request, really.

21 hours ago, Vampyre said:

Okay this is my mobile view of the "new" trade market...in normal mode (my preferred DC viewing mode)

j5awpd.png

In landscape mode the pictures of hatchies/eggs show up but I do NOT like playing DC in landscape as stuff gets cut off and it involves way more scrolling.

It's better now!

1641932153_Capture_2018-05-23-11-10-12.thumb.png.9ba7dff8a82fb51a17026784629906f9.png

Thank you, TJ.

Edit: @Shadowdrake

It would be more convenient if we could just pick which dragon we want to use on the Trading Hub, rather than having to travel to the Groups or Dragons page to find the Magi we want, especially since the option to teleport is already there.

Maybe a link to the BSA page can be available if there is more than 5 Magi's to choose from?

And I have a group for Magi's. I have a group for every dragon breed I own and then some.

Edited by Shokomon

9 hours ago, TJ09 said:

You're the first person to tell me they pay attention to which dragons they use for teleport.

You should be able to see the list via the dragon filters, though: https://dragcave.net/dragons/1,4,12

Thanks for the response. I know there are other ways to see a list of available magis, but it will always require more steps then simply being able to see and choose on the actual trading page. First I have to sort my scroll by 'available for BSA', then scroll down to the magis, then click the teleport link. If I'm on the Trading Hub page anyways (which is the only place to see active trades and such now, so it's logical I'll be there a lot even if not actively looking for a trade) it'd be very convenient to simply be able to choose a magi right there. (As for the suggestion to make a group for all my magis, that still requires more steps: filter my scroll by that group, filter by 'available for bsa', click the teleport link...)

2 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

@HeatherMarie @Fuzzbucket @Ruby Eyes

@Shokomon Perhaps you guys could make a group solely for magis to keep track of them in lieu of the old magi list? I did that with each of my BSA breeds to easily check how many I had left of each, since you can filter those by available BSA separately.

Oh I have a database where I keep notes. But it was so much QUICKER the old way.

I will add my 2 cents and be number 5....I also like to pick different Magis, dont want the top ones on the list to feel overworked and the ones at the bottom to feel ignored. Also making a 'Group' for BSA dragons doesnt work as easy because it does not show the ones that are available for using their BSA...it just shows them all, and you would have to click each one until you found one that you want to use that has the BSA available.

Well, now I don't feel so weird about wanting to pick which dragon I use for BSA's (I do it with all of them)  So, yes having  all the magis available on the trading hub would be convenient.  And I've always thought it would be nice to pick one or two out of several offered eggs/hatchies.  

While I don't care which Magi I use I do like getting to start multiple Teleports at the same time, which is not possible if you go to Trading Hub. I would like to see the Active Transfers like page be brought back for Trading Hub.

1 hour ago, Whirlaway said:

While I don't care which Magi I use I do like getting to start multiple Teleports at the same time, which is not possible if you go to Trading Hub. I would like to see the Active Transfers like page be brought back for Trading Hub.

That's a good point I hadn't even thought of. With the Active Transfers page I often made multiple teleports at once (middle-clicking each link to open the teleports in new tabs). That's especially handy when you are dropping off lots of stuff in the departures thread. Oh man, I hadn't even though about how many more steps it's going to take now with multiple teleports! 

I am actually going to resort to a group now...

Just a thought I had while reading through this, while it's a lovely idea to make all the magis feel useful, if they're all going to be available it would hopefully be through a dropdown menu of some kind.  Folks with magi armies would have an interesting experience on that page setup otherwise.

That said, I LOVE that it just shows me the next magi. 

I don't particularly care myself as to what magi I use, but I'd like to know approximately how many open Magis I have left, so a drop-down list of available Magi's would be nice.

7 minutes ago, Verilidaine said:

Just a thought I had while reading through this, while it's a lovely idea to make all the magis feel useful, if they're all going to be available it would hopefully be through a dropdown menu of some kind.  Folks with magi armies would have an interesting experience on that page setup otherwise.

That said, I LOVE that it just shows me the next magi. 

Mine (75) are in a group and no problem. It wasn't a problem when you went to active transfers either.

47 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Mine (75) are in a group and no problem. It wasn't a problem when you went to active transfers either.

True - though the old setup had the magis below the trades, and this one currently has them above the offers.  As long as they were displayed below the trade information and open offers it would work out fine. (I'm just imagining scrolling through 200+ magi to get to the offers section!)

Edited by Verilidaine

I clicked on a notification about an offer on my trade and got this message: "The owner of this trade has already accepted an offer." I only figured out that the person had withdrawn their offer after checking the teleport link. feel like this message could be confusing for some.

(Sorry if this is supposed to go in the Notifications Feedback thread instead. I wasn't sure.)

Edited by The Dragoness

I'm not sure if this has already been suggested, but I think a favorite-ing system would be cool. I found this trade that I would like to keep track of, but I'm currently locked and can't breed the egg that they're looking for. Granted, I could bookmark the trade in my browser, but I'm currently using a different computer and the bookmark won't save. Having an in-game favorite-ing system would help with this.

So I am really enjoying the new trading market! It's very quick and convenient for simple trades. ❤️

Do have some suggestions, though:

1. It would be really nice to have some kind of generation indicator on or next to the offers. This could be either exact (ie 2, 7, 12+) or averaged (CB, Short for 2-4, Medium for 5-8, Long for 9-12, and Extra Long for 12+. Could be abbreviated as C / S / M / L / X). Going along with this, it would be nice to have a way to search for specific generations or a range of them (again, either actual numbers or by general lengths), and to have the items lead straight to lineage view when clicked.

2. A longer description bar would be nice. It doesn't have to be ridiculous, but right now it's pretty short. Personally I like to put in a description of what I'm offering; for example, I've been trading 3gs from Spriter's Alts, which aren't a breed that anyone would be particularly looking for in most cases (how many people go looking for Turpentines on offer??), so I have to write that in. And after doing that, there's not much room to say what I'd like in return.

3. This is sort of related to what @Forever_Mone said; there are also specific trades I'd like to keep track of, but since trades are usually short lived, I'm not sure a favorite function is the way to do it. What I have instead is an idea that might get two birds with one stone; let us search for specific USERS offering trades. I'll be honest, I want an easy way to see if spriters have any SA offspring on offer, but it would also be much easier to refind interesting trades like Mone is interested in if you could just remember part of a username and have a good shot at finding them again later.

4. Put in some sort of placeholder function for new release eggs, so we can search for them before they're added to the encyclopedia. As soon as they do get added, the placeholders can be booted and the normal way of searching (ie having to have them unlocked first) can kick in.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

A small bit of input - and I don't know if anyone's brought it up or not, but on the actual Teleport page, where the eggs & hatchies available for teleporting are listed, it would be nice to have the gender symbol on there.

I know it doesn't matter for people who are only offering one hatchie, or eggs, or for dimorphic sprites, but it would be a lot easier for people with multiple hatchies that they're putting up for trade.

21 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

1. It would be really nice to have some kind of generation indicator on or next to the offers. This could be either exact (ie 2, 7, 12+) or averaged (CB, Short for 2-4, Medium for 5-8, Long for 9-12, and Extra Long for 12+. Could be abbreviated as C / S / M / L / X). Going along with this, it would be nice to have a way to search for specific generations or a range of them (again, either actual numbers or by general lengths), and to have the items lead straight to lineage view when clicked.

2. A longer description bar would be nice. It doesn't have to be ridiculous, but right now it's pretty short. Personally I like to put in a description of what I'm offering; for example, I've been trading 3gs from Spriter's Alts, which aren't a breed that anyone would be particularly looking for in most cases (how many people go looking for Turpentines on offer??), so I have to write that in. And after doing that, there's not much room to say what I'd like in return.

Maybe having a short description box for the creature being offered, so it doesn't all have to go in the "want" box would help solve both of these? 

I would like to see the item's lineage page rather than its view page if I click on the image in the listing.

On 5/23/2018 at 8:02 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

I'm the third. And I have logic.I like them all to feel valued, so I (try to) use them in strict rotation XD 

A filter for time left would be nice - or a sort by time left. I can wait - I know there are actual bugs need sporting, but I thought I'd mention it.

Fourth or whichever the count is up to and for the exact same reason, i like my dragons to feel useful! Its good for scroll morale!

Oh, could we either have a search box for username search, or include username info in the current search box? I don't like the "bookmark a person" idea because it feels it makes harassment too easy when someone has a list of names right there on site to beg or viewbomb.

6 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Maybe having a short description box for the creature being offered, so it doesn't all have to go in the "want" box would help solve both of these? 

I would like to see the item's lineage page rather than its view page if I click on the image in the listing.

What about boxes to check off? Like options as mentioned box cb box 1-5 box 5-15 ,whatever if there were a box to tick it would avoid the ",hmmm is this short medium or long"? What is one persons short/medium could be someone else's long depending on experience or dragons on scroll? It would be better to have sets of numbers then opinions on length.

i have some purebreds seventh and eight gen and other breeds people never seem to have heard of purebred!

Um ... where did the link "back to active teleports" go on transfer links?

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Um ... where did the link "back to active teleports" go on transfer links?

We don't have an active teleports page so it's gone.