TJ09

Trading Hub Feedback

Message added by TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

Heh. I just noticed that I totally forgot to say thank you for this fantastic Trading Hub feature - and then I see that the poster above posted pretty much the same, too. Okay, I didn't write this as copycat, but because I sincerely mean it. Thanks for the Trading Hub! *bows*

1 hour ago, 49ER said:

I do want to say one thing that may have been lost in all these grumblings/minor annoyances.  All in all, I do love the Trade Hub and it has resulted in a much better trading experience than the forum has been for me, so I for one, am glad to have this new feature--Thanks TJ!

I like it fine and am very grateful to have it -- but I don't find it BETTER than the forum; I still think the forum is best for VERY targeted wants. Both have their place and it's great to have the option.

So, is it true that there is no longer a confirmation when accepting an offer? That's really bad. If that's true I won't be doing trades at all until that gets fixed (it must be a bug right? That can't possibly be intentional can it?). *Especially* because the entire trading pages can get very crowded with multiple offers, and it's very easy to misclick (as shown by my accidental decline last night!), we definitely need confirmation! On *both* accept and decline. 

I have done a couple of PRIVATE trades today to erase an influence..., and my password was required to accept. I wanted the stuff, so I DIDN'T  try decline. I will go and test that with some daft thing from the AP now....

AAAAAND - no, no password required for decline.

Hmmmm AND - I am told the other guy says his offer still shows as active, even thought I declined it. That IS a bit silly and needs to be fixed.

Oh wait - it seems to have been a bit slow; it DOES now show as "cancelled" - and it WOULD be better if it showed declined.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

So, is it true that there is no longer a confirmation when accepting an offer? 

I just did several trades today, making sure to check on the last one, and the password accept is still in place for me (mobile).

10 hours ago, StormWizard212 said:

I don't have any problem with expanding the 'want' box a bit. What I was opposing wasn't the text field on trades, but a specific wishlist feature that some people suggested. I don't want to see an exhaustive text list of everything a person will accept and a "look at wishlish" written in the want box in each trade they put up. Having more room in the 'want' box to give a bit more detail would be fine. I've run out of space a couple of times and needed to adjust the way I communicated to make it shorter. What I don't want to see is a limitless text box or a separate text-based wishlist feature. I like the simplicity and aease of use of "this is what I have and this is specifically what I want for it" rather than a "here is a list of everything under the sun I'd consider".

Well, some of us would use a wishlist in order to put up a few (4-10?) things we'd like, including lineage links, especially around holidays. Others... would put up all of the 263 different prize lines they owned roughly seven months ago and tell you they'd accept every other line. :blink: I know which wishlist I'd be willing to work through - and in which case I'd let the person look through their stuff on their own. However, even a wishlist that's severely limited would be able to help immensely, for example with trading for holiday mates or mates for special lines you breed. Enabling egg/hatchling sprites to be displayed there will also help with being able to read them quickly. It would be similar to what many people do in the trading threads already, only it would be on the site itself.

One tiny note. Guardian of Nature should probably be removed from the Trading Hub dropdown list, since you can't trade those. 

At least, I don't think you can. Not that that would be advisable as you only ever get 3 in total, and they're hard as heck to summon. 

I think PW was never required on declining a trade, just on accept.  As long as PW is still needed to accept, that is good

Well, no,. it isn't. As HeatherMarie said - she accidentally declined a good offer yesterday; it wouldn't have happened if PW had been required.

This was OK on forum, as usually you could immediately OM whoever made the offer - but it's not OK in the hub, where mostly you can't.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I don't much care for the idea of needing to put a password in to decline an offer. If I'm just careful deciding what offer I want and make sure I've got the right link I'm fine. Just needs a bit extra care. If there was a blank line between offers so the "accept/decline" buttons were tight above the offer they went to and then a space separating it from the next offer it would help more than needing a password, in my opinion.

13 hours ago, olympe said:

Enabling egg/hatchling sprites to be displayed there will also help with being able to read them quickly.

I've mentioned this at some point already, but it's probably buried by now so I'll mention it again. The suggestion quoted is one I wouldn't mind. I'd envision it being something like the tile sorting view, but allowing users to click the tiles of breeds they'd be willing to accept a trade for in (in addition to the current 'want' field, or a slightly longer one, to clarify or add detail). I've got no issue with this suggestion; in fact, I'm quite in favour of it. It's the infinite, text-only wishlists that I'd prefer to avoid. 

If people want to indicate which specific dragons they need mates for, I'd prefer a feature that allows you to link to a group. I've seen a number of people already with highlighted groups on their scrolls that contain all the dragons they're looking for mates for (and hoping to find through trades). With limited highlighted groups, though, it would be useful to be able to link directly to a public group that contains dragons in need of a mate. 

5 hours ago, Fiona said:

I don't much care for the idea of needing to put a password in to decline an offer. If I'm just careful deciding what offer I want and make sure I've got the right link I'm fine. Just needs a bit extra care. If there was a blank line between offers so the "accept/decline" buttons were tight above the offer they went to and then a space separating it from the next offer it would help more than needing a password, in my opinion.

I think this would be useful. When you have multiple offers on a trade, it can get a bit confusing. I keep having to double check which buttons belong to which offer. I know it's directly opposite "username's offer" but since the 'accept/decline' buttons used to be below trades, I keep automatically going for the one underneath rather than above. A bit of extra space separating the buttons from other offers (or different placement altogether) might make it a bit more obvious at first glance which buttons go with which offer. 

Edited by StormWizard212

12 hours ago, Fiona said:

It's not just about multiple offers, though. I just checked with a paint program and, if I counted correctly, there are literally *ten* pixels between the Accept and the Decline links. They are SO close together that it really is very easy to accidentally hit Decline, even when you only have one offer (especially if your hand isn't all that stable in general). If a password for decline isn't something people would want, we at *least* need the accept and decline links to be farther apart. I mean look at this:

2516f0158fe21374f0e7bee1eae67e92.png

That's simply too close when they have such extremely different outcomes, and Decline has no confirmation step at all, *and* there is no way to contact the user to say you screwed up and can they re-offer. 

5 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

It's not just about multiple offers, though. I just checked with a paint program and, if I counted correctly, there are literally *ten* pixels between the Accept and the Decline links. They are SO close together that it really is very easy to accidentally hit Decline, even when you only have one offer (especially if your hand isn't all that stable in general). If a password for decline isn't something people would want, we at *least* need the accept and decline links to be farther apart. I mean look at this:

2516f0158fe21374f0e7bee1eae67e92.png

That's simply too close when they have such extremely different outcomes, and Decline has no confirmation step at all, *and* there is no way to contact the user to say you screwed up and can they re-offer. 

Exactly. It's OK-er on forum, where you can message, or at least post, but...

Come to think of it, with highlighted groups, we can already create some kinds of wishlists. Group "Dragons I'm always looking for", add some dragons (1 of each breed you want) and name them appropriately. Group "Looking for mates for these:" and so on. Still, a more centralized wishlist would be better.

I'm sorry. I am an awful person. But as a general rule, I am not trawling a wishlist. Sure - I have a wishlist. But - I have a trade up now, and in the interests of actually GETTING a trade I have specified exactly what I  want. I actually don't think it's that reasonable to expect people to HUNT to see what I might like - if you want a trade, be specific. Andoif osmeone offers me a 2 gen prize, of COURSE I would accept - who wouldn't. But I asked for something common.That is what I need right now.

This isn't all down to people offering the wrong things. it is JUST as much down to people putting up trades and expecting others to do all the work.

For me, it depends on the wishlist. If it's less than 12 items, I'll usually read it. If it's a simple matter or I only need to trawl a certain section (that's rather small, like holly mates), sure. If it's of someone who has a list of all the 284 different prize lines they have and say that they'd like a different one (same gen or lower, of course) - let them look through it themselves. Still, a short list won't hurt. (And it's still up to you whether you'll go through it or not.)

Any provision for a wishlist is going to allow people to link massive spreadsheets etc. Then we will just have to ignore those as well as the people we don't wont to trade with because they have offered 17 times on the same trade with the same rubbish.

This is beginning to feel like going into a store with $50 and saying you want to buy a  blue dress, and the store says well first you will need to check, and then  ignore, our offers in homewares and then you'll need to check all colours of dress because we can't be bothered to sort them out.

I'd like to see trades be simple. As simple as possible. "Have thunder, 4 gen checker with purple. Want grey x shadowwalker, even gen only."

I feel if people want to link to massive spreadsheets in their trades then that's ok, nobody is forced to read or trade with them after all.

Personally I like when people direct me to their wish lists, big or small - it makes my job (trying to find something they would accept) much easier. Especially when doing things like checker swaps and they don't want lines related their own - I would much rather browse through a list of 100+ metallic/holiday/whatever checkers than try and guess what lines they already have. Of course there's something to be said about people failing to keep their lists up-to-date... but for me, the more details & specifics the better.

I wouldn't mind wishlists, big or small, but I wish they could be supported somewhere on DC rather than some link that sends me to who-knows-where.

They are supported here - you can put them in your profile, or in the complete your scroll thread.

Unfortunately, I have noticed a negative thing happening with Trade Hub....my stuff is being view-bombed.  I am having to fog things left and right, and I don't even have anything that is all that good or rare

5 hours ago, olympe said:

Come to think of it, with highlighted groups, we can already create some kinds of wishlists. Group "Dragons I'm always looking for", add some dragons (1 of each breed you want) and name them appropriately. Group "Looking for mates for these:" and so on. Still, a more centralized wishlist would be better.

That only really works if you want specific lineages, or any lineage of a specific breed (or mates, as you mentioned). For more complex wants it doesn't really work so well... I guess I could make my 'Beautiful Messies' group into a wishlist-type group, but there are many breeds in their I don't need anymore of, many specific lineages I don't want anymore of, etc. I don't really think Groups are a good alternative to actual wishlists, especially because of the major amount of work involved (it literally took me an entire month to sort the appropriate dragons into my Beautiful Messies group when I first made it), plus the very limited 'highlighted' groups (I already have my limit of highlighted groups and don't really want to sacrifice one simply for trading purposes). 

I don't think a wishlist, or a way to link to a wishlist, is a bad idea. If you don't want to bother with looking through a wishlist, that's your decision, just move to another trade. Of course not everyone who offers will bother looking, but that's true now too, and it's (way too) easy to decline. I personally don't mind looking through a wishlist if it's something I really want. I do think an expanded 'Want' section, a simple increase in the character-limit in the Want section, is a good enough compromise. I'm totally fine with that. But I do want *something* more, because the current Want box is simply way too limiting.

I don't remember this being talked about yet, but I might have missed it or forgotten. While manually cancelled teleports used to give us Magis back to use again (as opposed to trades being accepted or automatically cancelling because an egg hatched) they don't anymore. I was surprised to see in the Trading Hub that I was out of Magis so I decided to test it by cancelling one of my current trades, but I didn't then get the option of that magi to use again. It went onto cool down. 

I'm not sure if this is to combat the issue of people cancelling and reposting their trades. I've been doing this a fair bit since I've been changing what I've asked for, not realising it was gobbling up Magis. If this is the intention, I'd prefer new trades containing the same dragon that has been in a trade before to simply not get bumped to the front of the queue at all. That seems like a better solution, though I'm just speculating about the reasoning behind Magis going on cooldown even without fulfilling a trade.

Edit: Hmm... I just had a Magi become available. I'm not quite sure whether it was good timing from one coming off cooldown, or if there was a delay for some reason with the one I cancelled and I'm mistaken about what I mentioned above. I'm not willing to cancel my other trades to check. :P

Edited by StormWizard212

@StormWizard212 Really? That's odd. I just set up a test trade and cancelled it, and got the magi back on my use list immediately. Dunno if there's a time-based penalty involved. The action log says I "cancelled a trade and freed up a magi" as well. What does yours say?

Edited by Shadowdrake