Jump to content
TJ09

2018-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 12th Birthday!

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, skittle-skipper said:

 

not blind! it's deffo cut off!

Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 3.31.17 PM.png

Glad others have noticed. The greens seem to be the worst off, but the others have cut off areas as well. Hope they get fixed soon.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

I can't say I'm... keen on these being Harry Potter references. I have zero interest anymore in HP so this is a shame.

 

I also love the new sprite updates. I hope we'll see one in the future for the Stones, Greens and Vines. In my opinion the Vines desperately need an update. People need to accept that change happens and whooping and wailing over it is silly.

 

The market has given me more incentive now to actually keep playing. I don't care how long it'll take me, I can finally get a CB gold at last. 

You can at least enjoy the colors and unique designs. I don't like Power Rangers but Zyus are pretty neat.

 

I'm not so sure about the whole losing one's head over change either. I've looked at all the old sprites and agreed that every sprite updated was necessary. Silvers looked like they were sprited with crayons compared to the current. The red hatchlings alone shared the exact same base with two other dragons. And I forget about Stones, vines and greens' because I don't collect them due to their aged sprite. You know those artist meme where they redo a piece to show progress? Same thing with the sprites people, come on. 

 

You get that Gold goal!

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, hazeh said:

 

I don't see why not having interest in HP would prevent you from enjoying new dragons, regardless if there is a thematic reference or not. They're still dragons for the website and should be judged on their own merits, too :) 

 

 

I guess I can see how the green hatchling's gendered sprite may look cut off on the top, but I think that's just how the head curve + the spines ended up in the constraints of the hatchling limits. I dunno for sure though. 

 

 

9 minutes ago, Sheriziya said:

I just look at it as simply a new dragon on DC. The HP reference maybe a fun thing for those who are into HP, but that's it. I don't like Pokemon. I've played it, but it really couldn't hold my attention, wasn't interested in the creatures, etc. Doesn't mean I don't like the dragons (or eggs during the Easter event) that reference to Pokémon....... Don't judge a dragon on it's reference to another game, just look at it as something entirely new that happens to have the same colors as HP.

 

Just my two cents :)

 

For personal reasons, and because JK Rowling has destroyed HP for me.  So yes, I'm sure the new dragons will turn out just lovely. But them being inspired by HP dampers the fun for me a bit.

Share this post


Link to post

I love love love the egg designs!!!!!! Happy Birthday DragonCave. X3

Share this post


Link to post

Really excited about the trading hub! Loved all of the features, a big thanks for all of them :D I might miss the old seasonals a little bit, but they do look great. And congrats to the new moderators ^-^ 
Also the new dragons look gorgeous already.

Share this post


Link to post

Omg love the new features, they're gonna be so useful. <3 Also the new eggs look super pretty, can't wait to see them all grown up! Happy birthday, DC! :D 😁

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, SamuelMaybird said:

You can at least enjoy the colors and unique designs. I don't like Power Rangers but Zyus are pretty neat.

 

I'm not so sure about the whole losing one's head over change either. I've looked at all the old sprites and agreed that every sprite updated was necessary. Silvers looked like they were sprited with crayons compared to the current. The red hatchlings alone shared the exact same base with two other dragons. And I forget about Stones, vines and greens' because I don't collect them due to their aged sprite. You know those artist meme where they redo a piece to show progress? Same thing with the sprites people, come on. 

 

You get that Gold goal!

Like I said in another reply, I have some personal reasons. xD

 

I love to see sprite updates. How an old sprite can be improved whilst keeping the spirit of the original. I had no desire to collect Reds outside of the BSA because the old sprite was... bad. But now I can collect them for the BSA's and enjoy the new sprites. Unfortunately people can get very... mad? about sprite updates. I understand having sentimental value for the old sprites, but change happens.  It's not a bad thing. It's healthy for a game like DC. 

 

Ah I'm rambling xD

 

Thank you!

Edited by Seraphim

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Seraphim said:

Like I said in another reply, I have some personal reasons. xD

 

I love to see sprite updates. How an old sprite can be improved whilst keeping the spirit of the original. I had no desire to collect Reds outside of the BSA because the old sprite was... bad. But now I can collect them for the BSA's and enjoy the new sprites. Unfortunately people can get very aggressive and over their heads about sprite updates. I understand having sentimental value for the old sprites, but change happens.  It's not a bad thing. It's healthy for a game like DC. 

 

Ah I'm rambling xD

 

Thank you!

 

I agree with you. I’m awfully tired of Harry Potter at this point and all these pop culture references releases just... eh.

Share this post


Link to post

lmao I love them all however (I am old so forgive me) Does the red/gold one look like a Tyrannosaurus Rex

Share this post


Link to post

Wonderful updates, the market is great idea... I'm having more fun seeing how many shards I can get for doing things. Also great for those of us with slow as mud connections.

The new eggs look great!

 

Really Happy Birthday DC!

Share this post


Link to post

people saying they don't like how it has a hogwarts theme can always, you know, not grab the eggs then.

Share this post


Link to post

Happy birthday DC! Love the Seasonal updated sprites! Super excited for these new releases and I'm going to be saving for the next six months for a Silver Egg!

Share this post


Link to post

All Reworks of the Red Dragons and Seasonals! I love the new Seasonals!

 

BeforeRed_adult.gif.08659213abdd3a76fcd1d2f059495124.gifAfterRed.png.86d8845b65e08ae68123692f12c3a5cb.png

BeforeSpring_female.png.270563322473012f1c0d8e00dbb7e245.pngSpring_male.png.dc9db3e542b926e8834889e592759b29.pngAfteraz2x.png.acf3bd12c43985edbdd2a0cc9cd4b0ba.pngKsOK.png.50832bec0ca6a650258fb0bd259c43e8.png

BeforeSummer_female.gif.74a3ab91f2a5a0acebd5de0dd4d188b5.gifSummer_male.png.17ee4957f08f0ce0b2f1cbe65c7d2b69.pngAfterYAeE.png.ba0a921c5e9e3e022597f39063ea4efb.pngSGrq.png.9b1851bdc1a20531d5a10b96988997fc.png

BeforeWinter_female.png.05a83040bc6f2797e75786e93da79678.pngWinter_male.png.946d51104cf9409ccc844ff608fdb842.pngAfterEb5T.png.014635d903b638012804c4d74fdba0cc.pngmgNS.png.16209e53456f0aa6b92493a3a96783f8.png

BeforeAutumn_female.gif.065d8f948c928fb1d6f2793152f6c063.gifAutumn_male.gif.3dd51684818bb0f734dcae5f647738c8.gifAftermpPX.png.18ddc19cd8d4afa57e19708d233d503d.png9RAO.png.731130cc56bc65985ea0d808c8a211fb.png

 

Share this post


Link to post

Happy Birthday, Dragon Cave! I'm so glad my best friend texted me at work to let me know we had an update going, I'm so tired I would have missed this otherwise. 

I've already gotten my new eggs, can't wait to see the babies when they hatch! *also I am PLEASED about the market*

Share this post


Link to post

You know I really wish we could have a release without some jerk ignoring the fact that 90% of us are NOT accepting aid and adding our poor eggs to EVERY SINGLE DANG HATCHERY IN EXISTANCE.

 

Besides AOND, Silvi's and Hatching dump is there any other my eggs/ hatchies could be in? I dont want to have to fog the hatchies ;_;

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, skittle-skipper said:

 

not blind! it's deffo cut off!

Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 3.31.17 PM.png

It's not cut off. Its the spikes and horn giving that impression.

1902034210_Capture_2018-05-21-17-03-16.png.50d6f7f3c32beb1cd0814f2916a158f6.png

(Please forgive me for the scribbles)

 

Red is the curve of the body, and blue is the frill on the back.

 

The straight top is the start of the frill.

 

Maybe it would help if the frill and horns were more pointed.

 

Also, I find it really hard to see the wings.

 

They really blend with the body.

 

Otherwise, I am excited for the adults!

 

Edit: @dommybomb

 

You should check out below for more side by side comparisons:

And also other helpful info.

Edited by Shokomon
Typos

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Like I said in another reply, I have some personal reasons. xD

 

I love to see sprite updates. How an old sprite can be improved whilst keeping the spirit of the original. I had no desire to collect Reds outside of the BSA because the old sprite was... bad. But now I can collect them for the BSA's and enjoy the new sprites. Unfortunately people can get very... mad? about sprite updates. I understand having sentimental value for the old sprites, but change happens.  It's not a bad thing. It's healthy for a game like DC. 

 

Ah I'm rambling xD

 

Thank you!

I saw that, I can understand that. I must have just sent it just as you replied to the others.

 

I just don't understand why people get mad. Even over on FR people get fussy over apparel updates but they are objectively better than prior versions. I guess people like bad art that drive the artists crazy? 

 

 

I just went through and looked at the gold sprite because someone was defending the old sprite. It looks...so bad compared to now. So bright and flat, not nearly as pompous as the breeds described so yea I'll happily back any change, it's very healthy for change to happen and sprites to move forward. No move ball thighs and drooping bones please, mercy, my artist heart.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

You know I really wish we could have a release without some jerk ignoring the fact that 90% of us are NOT accepting aid and adding our poor eggs to EVERY SINGLE DANG HATCHERY IN EXISTANCE.

 

Besides AOND, Silvi's and Hatching dump is there any other my eggs/ hatchies could be in? I dont want to have to fog the hatchies ;_;

Mmm. Egg drop soup if it's still up. Basically check whatever fansites are on the wiki and ward your eggs.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, dommybomb said:

All Reworks of the Red Dragons and Seasonals! I love the new Seasonals!

 

BeforeRed_adult.gif.08659213abdd3a76fcd1d2f059495124.gifAfterRed.png.86d8845b65e08ae68123692f12c3a5cb.png

BeforeSpring_female.png.270563322473012f1c0d8e00dbb7e245.pngSpring_male.png.dc9db3e542b926e8834889e592759b29.pngAfteraz2x.png.acf3bd12c43985edbdd2a0cc9cd4b0ba.pngKsOK.png.50832bec0ca6a650258fb0bd259c43e8.png

BeforeSummer_female.gif.74a3ab91f2a5a0acebd5de0dd4d188b5.gifSummer_male.png.17ee4957f08f0ce0b2f1cbe65c7d2b69.pngAfterYAeE.png.ba0a921c5e9e3e022597f39063ea4efb.pngSGrq.png.9b1851bdc1a20531d5a10b96988997fc.png

BeforeWinter_female.png.05a83040bc6f2797e75786e93da79678.pngWinter_male.png.946d51104cf9409ccc844ff608fdb842.pngAfterEb5T.png.014635d903b638012804c4d74fdba0cc.pngmgNS.png.16209e53456f0aa6b92493a3a96783f8.png

BeforeAutumn_female.gif.065d8f948c928fb1d6f2793152f6c063.gifAutumn_male.gif.3dd51684818bb0f734dcae5f647738c8.gifAftermpPX.png.18ddc19cd8d4afa57e19708d233d503d.png9RAO.png.731130cc56bc65985ea0d808c8a211fb.png

 

 

The updates to the sprites are great, imo.  They just look so much more defined, like a blurry image coming into focus - & for someone with crap vision like mine, I know what I'm talking about :P.  And I get a kick out of being able to pick out actual scales on the Reds hide now.

Share this post


Link to post

@Shokomon The horn definitely looks cut off, there is no natural-looking ending to the horn, whether a point or a rounded end, it's just abruptly cut off in a straight line. If you look at pictures of animal horns they normally have a distinctive natural end, whether by rounding off or a sharp point... This looks like someone took a saw to the tip of it.

 

The stage-2 hatchie descriptions are a tad odd to me, especially the brown guys... 'it's gotten more colorful!' uh, no it really hasn't. There is a more yellow-ish streak then before, but there's nothing 'colorful' about it.

Share this post


Link to post

Edit:nvm, I am dumb and apparently more blind than I thought when I am tired. Found it!

Edited by Yunimori
Answered my own question

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Yunimori said:

...okay mild question because I am not seeing it. I made it to the market by following a link in another thread (which is where I found out about it first, ironically) but in looking around just the normal pages, I can't seem to find a link to the Market on the main part of the site? Am I overlooking it?

 

It's at the very top to the right of your name, it should show a number that indicates the number of shards you currently have, click that.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.