TJ09

2018-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 12th Birthday!

Just checked out the Market page, and I really love the idea of them not being able to become sick or be traded. If they can't be traded that doesn't mess with any of the trading systems/can't be abused and I really like that.

At first I was doubtful that these eggs were Hogwarts themed but looking back at the color choices it looks very apparent.

I do love Harry Potter but as angelicdragonpuppy said before me, there's a lot of pop culture references happening. Personally I think it's best to have more original concepts, not fanart.

These updates are fantastic!!! Thank you DC for being the amazing site you've always been and THEN some and thank you TJ09 for continuing to bring us new features and dragons. :) It's been a great ride all of these many years and here's to many more to come!

1 minute ago, Chronomaly said:

Just checked out the Market page, and I really love the idea of them not being able to become sick or be traded. If they can't be traded that doesn't mess with any of the trading systems/can't be abused and I really like that.

Purchased eggs are actually not protected from sickness, but they are untradeable as you mentioned.

Edited by Whirlaway

4 minutes ago, Niyaka said:

Firstly I would like to say that I love that sprite updates continue to be implemented. Seasonals were one of the breeds desperately in need of an update. However, they still carry over many of the flaws of the original sprites. The new seasonals are an improvement, but they are still definitely not up to snuff with recent releases.

Their shading remains an issue: it is extremely pillowed with too few intermediary colors. And for all of the sprites, there are some overreaching anatomy flaws. The heads (or at least eyes?) are oversized; the thighs are very thick for no apparent reason; the wings appear to connect to the shoulder, which is anatomically incorrect and just looks not quite right.

I apologize if this is not the place for critique, but for the sake of improvement these things should be addressed.

The more I look at the Seasonals the more I agree with all of this. While I generally dislike sprite updates in general, if it has to be done to get the old sprites up to current standards then okay whatever... But these are not actually up to the same standards as many of the recent breeds. Especially the wing connections, that really does look awkward and unnatural.

Just now, Whirlaway said:

Purchased eggs are actually not protected from sickness, but they are untradeable as you mentioned.

Oh, oops! My bad. Still, the idea is good and I think it is a nice reward system if anyone is unable to catch something in the cave. 

Eggs bought from the market are not protected against sickness, cannot be traded, and will list “Market” as their location.

Waiiit... does that mean there'll be a new zombie tombstone sprite for the "Market" dragons? Or will it just default to the one shared by "Cave" location and bred dragons? Curious to find out!

Wow.  :D

Happy birthday DC, and thank you TJ! 🎂 💙

I did not expect these new features, and I like them. 

I'll miss the old Autumns because I created lineages made for their specific look, but the new Seasonals do look better. I bet I'll get used to them soon and make even prettier lineages!  :)

well uh, more eggs are getting added in just now? including more rares? i thought the lack of rarer dragons was an attempt to keep some balance but i can't wait to be able to buy neglecteds next

Edited by Switch

Just now, Fateweaver said:

Where's the market at? I'm having trouble finding it... ^-^;

Click on the button that has the number of g next to your scroll name at the top!

Chickens cost way more than silvers and golds , according to the market?

Oh, oh, the Seasonals.... I was actually only looking at the Winters because of my love for the hatchies, but those Autumns, what the heck is going on with their wings? They look like a flat piece of paper or something, no definition or detail whatsoever. Wow, what a huge step *back* in terms of quality! 

Considering the Market only allows 100g a week, and if you start out with 0g, I think this is reasonable. I don't think trades for super rares will fluctuate. 

11a048ebc7fac9985d8663222e61555b.png

ce99c9aecae7144e365eeb5ef88239bb.png

One gold a year, baby!

46 minutes ago, Switch said:

we neopets now boys?

Yeah I guess so.  I'm reserving judgment but it's so hard.

I have a question.

The OP implies that we collect shards (of what isn't said. Mana maybe?) and use them in purchasing things.

But the symbol for them is "g" which makes me think gold.

So are we using gold as currency? Shards of gold? Can gold even make shards? 

4 minutes ago, Imzadi said:

Chickens cost way more than silvers and golds , according to the market?

Yeah, I really don't understand the Market prices. Trios are more expensive then unbreedables, golds and silvers are less expensive then chickens, it really makes no sense.

edit: And Magmas are 500g *more* then Golds!! Whaaat?

Edited by HeatherMarie

3 minutes ago, Switch said:

well uh, more eggs are getting added in just now? including more rares? i thought the lack of rarer dragons was an attempt to keep some balance but i can't wait to be able to buy neglecteds next

I believe there is still a lot of balance. The rares take a lot of weeks to save up, and plus they are untradeable if bought from the market. I think it will be alright in the end! 

Also I like your Vlad III in your signature

Oh Gold has been added into the market so quickly lol 😛

Hunting has been nice and easy this time round, for me at least. Not done of course.

If Market dragons get their own tombstone I'll.... oooooof. Hope not!

Edit: Those market prices need tweaking haha

Edited by Mangrit

Really looking forward to trying out the new features!  I like that things that people have been requesting are actually getting implemented!  

I keep thinking "Market" refers to the trading hub (rather than the shop) and keep getting confused by people's comments 😅