TJ09

2018-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 12th Birthday!

Lovely eggs (I didn't yet check the new features)  but the drops go extremely fast. I was here at the start and got two refreshes. In the 5min drops I only see the eggs once. You blink and miss it.

Just now, Kaini said:

Finally found the market, looks fun!

Haven't seen a single egg in the cave and I think I need to sleep 😂 Maybe tomorrow! Excited to serve the community as a mod too. 😆

Congrats on being a mod.

Where is the market?

I happened to still be up. But they are going so fast I think I will go back to bed and fight it out in the morning... when you manic clickers are all LOCKED XD 

You get five points for grabbing eggs from the biomes and two for breeding eggs.

*deep breath* I'm a little disappointed with the Seasonal changes. I don't mind the adult changes as much, though I don't personally think they look *better* then they did before, but omg those hatchies. I have a small army of frozen Winters because of the adorable stage-1 sprite and now they look totally different. That really sucks.

EEEE!!!! *excited high-pitched cheering*  HAPPY BIRTHDAY DRAGON CAVE!!!

So much to post about here, I'll try to be coherent. :D 

Congrats to the new mods, I love that we're getting fresh meat! I can't wait for your Ask-A-Mod threads as well, hint hint.

Happy Birthday, DC! I can't wait to check out the Trading section in more detail later (wait, did I clean out the trade threads for nothing? :blink: :lol: )

I love the new Red sprites, they look more realistic now. They looked really two-dimensional before to me. 

New dragons, oh dear, I have no room. I'll have to go into overtime hunting them when I unlock. 

2 minutes ago, PieMaster said:

The Olympic release was themed in which breeds were chosen, but none were inspired by the Olympics. IIRC they'd all existed before, some long before. 

Whirlaway posted the egg listings. None of the new eggs is named after the Hogwarts houses.  Slytherin is K or L, Gryffindor is L, Rawenclaw is R and Hufflepuff is M. 

Woo, happy birthday!

Love the sprite updates, and the new eggs!

Also I feel like I should be saving up for, like, the rare things I haven't been able to catch in 10 years, but I know I'm just going to end up splurging on bunches of commons to build my armies....

1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

*deep breath* I'm a little disappointed with the Seasonal changes. I don't mind the adult changes as much, though I don't personally think they look *better* then they did before, but omg those hatchies. I have a small army of frozen Winters because of the adorable stage-1 sprite and now they look totally different. That really sucks.

Did the original spriter(s) want to pull the artwork or just change it? 

I'm w/ you on the winters!

The summer female was too skinny--that is the one change I like.

4 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Woo, happy birthday!

Love the sprite updates, and the new eggs!

Also I feel like I should be saving up for, like, the rare things I haven't been able to catch in 10 years, but I know I'm just going to end up splurging on bunches of commons to build my armies....

Yeeesssss. This is basically what I said in the suggestion thread for the whole 'market' concept. It's soooo tempting to constantly spend everything you've got on stuff that you could technically get relatively easy elsewhere...

Oh wow, these are some updates I was never expecting to see, and that’s very good! Trade market looks good especially!

Some reservations, though. I don’t think the sprite updates look good—the heads on them are huge and they look pretty cartoony overall. They also don’t keep the original look as well as some of the past updates. Birdz is a pretty kick butt artist with some really neat sprites which makes it all the more disappointing. (Also, seasonal and red updates over dorsals and stones? O__o)

Market seems to have potential but... I think a huge chunk of what people hoped for from it is nonexistent without golds and most of all prizes being in it. Hope this changes. I want all dragons to be earnable via effort rather than raw chance.

And the new eggs... I love Hogwarts like hella, but it does feel like we’ve gotten a rather worrisome amount of pop culture reference dragons in cave. These guys and the power rangers are pretty blatant. Kind of stick out among all the original, more “naturalistic” dragons of the game’s world... and weird choices especially for birthday releases, given that fact. Why not something unique to DC?

So yah, some reservations, but glad overall to see the fan base is being listened to. Still much to improve on, but a good start! 

Oh wow, these are some updates I was never expecting to see, and that’s very good! Trade market looks good especially!

Some reservations, though. I don’t think the sprite updates look good—the heads on them are huge and they look pretty cartoony overall. They also don’t keep the original look as well as some of the past updates. Birdz is a pretty kick butt artist with some really neat sprites which makes it all the more disappointing. (Also, seasonal and red updates over dorsals and stones? O__o)

Market seems to have potential but... I think a huge chunk of what people hoped for from it is nonexistent without golds and most of all prizes being in it. Hope this changes. I want all dragons to be earnable via effort rather than raw chance.

And the new eggs... I love Hogwarts like hella, but it does feel like we’ve gotten a rather worrisome amount of pop culture reference dragons in cave. These guys and the power rangers are pretty blatant. Kind of stick out among all the original, more “naturalistic” dragons of the game’s world... and weird choices especially for birthday releases, given that fact. Why not something unique to DC?

So yah, some reservations, but glad overall to see the fan base is being listened to. Still much to improve on, but a good start! 

2 minutes ago, anetofstars said:

Did the original spriter(s) want to pull the artwork or just change it? 

I'm w/ you on the winters!

The summer female was too skinny--that is the one change I like.

The original Seasonal spriter's name is still in the credit at the bottom, which I don't think it would be if they wanted it totally pulled... I guess it's just yet another 'updated standards' change.

I'm really happy the Reds got an update. I honestly think they've needed one for awhile. ^^' The new Seasonal sprites look lovely as well!

I wish there was a way to sort by CB or lineage in the trading section.

I don't want to, but I think I am gonna take a break and come back later to try and catch the Alpine and Volcano ones. Eggs going in one refresh is way too fast for me.

Firstly I would like to say that I love that sprite updates continue to be implemented. Seasonals were one of the breeds desperately in need of an update. However, they still carry over many of the flaws of the original sprites. The new seasonals are an improvement, but they are still definitely not up to snuff with recent releases.

Their shading remains an issue: it is extremely pillowed with too few intermediary colors. And for all of the sprites, there are some overreaching anatomy flaws. The heads (or at least eyes?) are oversized; the thighs are very thick for no apparent reason; the wings appear to connect to the shoulder, which is anatomically incorrect and just looks not quite right.

I apologize if this is not the place for critique, but for the sake of improvement these things should be addressed.

New Reds and Seasonals look so good! They're my favourite part for some reason.

Wish Gold dragons were in the market.

Other site updates look great too and I'm excited for the new dragons, they have pretty eggs as always.

5 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

i like the sprite changes overall but in regards to the reds' noggins theyre about the same size proportionally as the old sprite and it keeps with the reds being stouter looking dragons, but i think the new sprites' thinner legs unfortunately does make the head (and neck) size stand out more.

Edited by Switch

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DC!!

We have a market now! 

I CAN BUY DINOS!

*see that you need to unlock the dragon/dino in order to buy them*

DANGIT.

Also yea new durgs!

Edit: I'm going to miss the old sprites. The Seasonals were one of my first breed of dragons. They look funny now. So do the Reds. Though, this is probably because I'm not used to them . They are nice and artistically upgraded now though. 

- I feel like the Reds would look better without the pupil though. 

Edited by Shokomon