TJ09

2018-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 12th Birthday!

3 minutes ago, TCA said:

image.png.e935393621419a43c7a047317e947d36.png

ok

But can anyone save the albinos from what years of bad posture have done to their necks?! D8

I'm not certain about anyone else, but I'm having trouble opening a trade link of mine. Like it says there's an offer on it, but whenever I click on the link, the 'dragcave.net' part of the link is removed automatically. This issue doesn't pop up with any of my other trades (none of which have offers)

you'd think after 12 years people would learn not to take the bait

so, unrelated to the seasonals, i think the new reds are really nice, personally. they remind me of the style spyro is in and i'm pleased to have so many, even besides the bsa

4 minutes ago, TCA said:

image.png.e935393621419a43c7a047317e947d36.png

ok

it has come to my attention that I forgot to mention on the old one: the back leg is a ball and a rectangle, and the wing tip runs into the thigh

it doesn't do that anymore

carry on

I don't have a bell next to my name, um....what do I do to fix?

Happy Birthday, DC!! :D

And WOW what great new stuff! I LOVE the new Seasonals, my very first dragon sitting on top of my scroll is one and looks SO beautiful now! I was never into Seasonals very much, but now I sure will be! Also the Red, what a gorgeous change!

Next thing the market, such a wonderful idea since we lost our one market place at 'Eggs around the World'!

And the shards! Woohoo, perhaps this will be a way to finally get me a CB male Silver? And a second female? And a second female/male Gold? XD

And to round it up I was able to catch two of each the new eggs on first try, wow!

Awesome Birthday surprises, thanks TJ and Spriters!! 💕❤️

A question about the Market (idk if anyone else has asked the same - if that’s the case, soz): it says I’ve earned 20 out of my 100 weekly limit. How is that supposed to be understood, that we only can earn 100 a week ? Will that clash with buying eggs -that cost more- from the Market or am I getting this wrong ? 

2 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

But can anyone save the albinos from what years of bad posture have done to their necks?! D8

Yeeesssss, if any sprite needs better posture it's Albinos!

Thanks to TJ and the spriters for the new eggs. :) And thanks for increasing the drops!

I'll reserve judgment on the sprite changes; it always takes time to get used to such.

But the Market and the Trading sections are long-hoped-for dreams!

4 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I'll have the Seasonals take them to their chiropractor, maybe we'll see results someday ; P

Edited by TCA

2 hours ago, anetofstars said:

Nor Copper?

I see Gold as one of the options, but not Copper - and naturally Copper's the one I could really use!

I have Copper unlocked in the Dragon Encyclopedia already, and eggs for dragons I don't have unlocked show up in the Market, so...maybe Copper will be coming later?

14 minutes ago, lovecats99 said:

I hope Stones are up next for a sprite update, now!

Ooooh yes!! And adult Albinos... (although please don't touch Albino hatchies they're the cutest)

Also I didn't post in this thread yet and by now I'm late for work, so I'll just say:

Thanks TJ and artists for all the updates and the new release! Happy Birthday DC!

Edited by Aleoleo

Oh, nice.  Because your shard level goes up whenever you successfully grab an egg, you can know whether you caught one during a refresh-click-refresh spam session.  Will be helpful for new releases (provided you're not at your weekly limit).

2 minutes ago, jostensminyard said:

A question about the Market (idk if anyone else has asked the same - if that’s the case, soz): it says I’ve earned 20 out of my 100 weekly limit. How is that supposed to be understood, that we only can earn 100 a week ? Will that clash with buying eggs -that cost more- from the Market or am I getting this wrong ? 

Not sure what you mean? You can only get a max of 100 a week, but it carries over each week, so like in 3 weeks you can have a total of 300. That's the concept behind the prices, that the more 'rare' dragons will take months of saving up to get.

19 minutes ago, Brekke said:

Exactly, lineages are the only we can do, and sprite updates ruin them.  Why do I stick around again?  I quit for a few years after the site ruined my golds.  I got started again in December, and the same thing is happening again.

A surprising amount of attention is given the lineage tile view of an updated sprite to make sure it is not significantly changed from the original. In fact, I'm sure many of the tradeoffs made with the new sprite (e.g. head size of the seasonals) are a result of trying to limit the impact on the lineage view to ensure that impact to existing lineages is minimized.

3 minutes ago, jostensminyard said:

I think the idea is that you can only earn 100 shards per week (with the limit resetting on Sundays), but the shards you earn stay with you until you purchase something from the Market. It's not that you can't have more than 100 shards at a time, but that you can't earn more than 100 per week. So it'll take a while to have enough shards to buy, say, a Gold egg.

Oh my god, this line looks so good now! O:

image.png.495153b3de55eb33187750a48c71a5e1.png

Plus what the two changes look together.

image.png.492bdb04cb71dd75098e9730028d1560.png

Edited by lovecats99

2 minutes ago, jostensminyard said:

You just have to wait a little longer to get the eggs that cost more. TJ made a discussion thread and it should take about 6 months to earn enough for a rare egg.

In other news, the new eggs can all be bitten. This means they're standard dragons. I wonder if they'll be wyrms or have biome-specific features.

1 hour ago, Chronomaly said:

Considering the Market only allows 100g a week, and if you start out with 0g, I think this is reasonable. I don't think trades for super rares will fluctuate. 

11a048ebc7fac9985d8663222e61555b.png

ce99c9aecae7144e365eeb5ef88239bb.png

One gold a year, baby!

@jostensminyard

I posted this earlier, it will take a lot of time to get rare eggs ^^

1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

Not sure what you mean? You can only get a max of 100 a week, but it carries over each week, so like in 3 weeks you can have a total of 300. That's the concept behind the prices, that the more 'rare' dragons will take months of saving up to get.

Oh, okay ! Now I’m catching on. I just thought that the 100 you earned during the week would be reset from each Sunday so you’d have to start all over. I know now that’s not the case.

I lovelovelove the ingame trade and market option :) (hehehehe come on, add the prize dragons too ;p)

But I fainted a little, when I saw the price tag on my beloved Balloons o.o Whyyyy...

Oooh you really wanna see me in pain xD

Happy birthday and happy new release!

1 minute ago, Chronomaly said:

@jostensminyard

I posted this earlier, it will take a lot of time to get rare eggs ^^

Bless you ! And yeah, I can tell ; o 

My goodness. 9 months for a gold? That's one precious baby. Lol. 😂